Good news for Move owners:"2012 is Move's Relaunching Year" expect big things @ E3

Nice. I hope they do have some success in relaunching it. Sorcery, mentioned in article as spearheading the "relaunch," is the main game I bought a Move for in the first place.

well I'm a little excited to hear that seeing as how due to some fantastic sales I now have a PSEye (upgraded my EyeToy), two motion controllers, a nav and a sharpshooter. I literally can't think of anything else Move related i could own except one of those fancy charging docks.

Nice to hear but its all just words until we actually see something worth buying. I've had a lot of fun with the move but its just so damn limited its been like the Wii all over again.

I'll be honest...I have no desire to use the Move. I have all the accessories for it too. After seeing Kinect, Sony needs to go with route with the PS4, just...better.

When I first played Move, I was really impressed. That feeling lasted probably a half an hour. Over the course of a year, I've probably played it for a total of an hour. Luckily I got it for free, so I can't really complain.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Point Blank Trilogy... Point Blank Trilogy.... Point Blank Trilogy...[/QUOTE]
Lol, if they're going to dig that deep they best give me an Elemental Gearbolt HD. Never could beat that game; super hard and I actually got closer just using a regular controller heh.

[quote name='doubledown']Does re-launching mean a new camera or something? The camera sucks with the MOVE, just quality wise.[/QUOTE]

No, it just means a marketing push around a new wave of software.

I like the idea of the Move but I've yet to even open the box for the Resistance 3/Killzone 3 bundle I picked up a couple months ago for $60.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Relaunching better mean a price cut on Move parts. I do want a move, but not at current prices.[/QUOTE]Where have you been there's been dozens of 50% all Move accessories deals, AMZ, BB, TRU, Target, Walmart...mayham, KZ3, 007, R3 sharpshooter bundles have been clearanced out from $60-$80(current if you can find 1). Not mention most of the excess software can be found $8-$15 new. Even the standard Sports Champ bundle is like $60-$80 now.

Best bet now is to grab a sharpshooter bundle(even if you don't like the game/sharpshooter sell it to defer cost). There should extremely high focus surround the next waves of titles coming which is what most people have been waiting for.

Time Crisis HD Collection (Time Crisis 2, Time Crisis 3, and Time Crisis: Crisis Zone with Move and Guncon 3 support)

^Hoping for this to appear! :whee::pray:

[quote name='Jodou']How about focusing on something people care about. It's about time we dropped the motion gaming and 3D fads.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SynGamer']I'll be honest...I have no desire to use the Move. I have all the accessories for it too. After seeing Kinect, Sony needs to go with route with the PS4, just...better.[/QUOTE]

I think the dipping sales of the Wii are good indication that people are done with motion controlled gaming. If anything, Kinect is the next step...

This re-launch is just going to be a waste of time and money for Sony. They should focus on more integrated gameplay between the Vita and PS3.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Time Crisis HD Collection (Time Crisis 2, Time Crisis 3, and Time Crisis: Crisis Zone with Move and Guncon 3 support)

^Hoping for this to appear! :whee::pray:[/QUOTE]completely agree

[quote name='Vinny']I think the dipping sales of the Wii are good indication that people are done with motion controlled gaming. If anything, Kinect is the next step...

This re-launch is just going to be a waste of time and money for Sony. They should focus on more integrated gameplay between the Vita and PS3.[/QUOTE]The Wii sales are declining b/c of lack of games when skyward sword dropped it had an impact but those type of titles have been coming few & far between.

They're already invested in Move so they need to continue to support it since it'll be included in PS4. They need games plain & simple top tier gotta have titles(would have more impact if they're from established franchises at 1st). They need 5 games to really push move
1-Move exclusive with legs + following to bad they didn't get star wars since that would've been the perfect title.
2-A "Skylanders" hype children's game that has legs
3-A game that pulls in the hardcore gamer(needs to be from a AAA franchise like MGS, GOW, UC)
4-A massive smash like COD move edition(exclusives maps...)
5-Sorcery needs to meet expectations

I agree the need to continue to work with PS3/Vita cross play as well but that's needed for PS3 strength & vita growth.

The Move will never succeed. Sony has proven time and again that they have no idea how to support accessories. Its a joke and a waste of money. Kind of like the Vita unless that somehow takes off

[quote name='Enuf']Where have you been there's been dozens of 50% all Move accessories deals, AMZ, BB, TRU, Target, Walmart...mayham, KZ3, 007, R3 sharpshooter bundles have been clearanced out from $60-$80(current if you can find 1). Not mention most of the excess software can be found $8-$15 new. Even the standard Sports Champ bundle is like $60-$80 now.

Best bet now is to grab a sharpshooter bundle(even if you don't like the game/sharpshooter sell it to defer cost). There should extremely high focus surround the next waves of titles coming which is what most people have been waiting for.[/QUOTE]

No stores near me have the $79.99 bundles in stock otherwise I would buy it.

I didn't really have any interest in the Move 'till about a week and a half ago. I would have bought the Amazon LD on Move stuff, but I was at work at the time so I missed it.

keep your eye on bb for move bundles they had alot of great bundle deals during the holidays and the earlier part of this year.

[quote name='Vinny']I think the dipping sales of the Wii are good indication that people are done with motion controlled gaming. If anything, Kinect is the next step... [/QUOTE]
I disagree with this assessment. First off the Kinect is motion controlled gaming too. I guess to be fair, I think if it wasn't for the voice processing, Kinect would be just as dead in the water as Move... well almost as dead in the water. I have seen some stuff on Kinect that I begrudgingly admit looks rather interesting long term
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TbZt98PqO4
Out of respect for the inflammatory thoughts in my head I'll stop here.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I found Move to be more frustrating than functional. Having to recalibrate the controller every 10-15 minutes is indescribably annoying.[/QUOTE]What are you playing? Because aside from the fact that my playing area is really shallow
and I'm really tall meaning I have to put my camera in really awkward places to get myself comfortable
, once I actually calibrate I haven't had any issues actually needing recalibration.

[quote name='Enuf']basic bundles can be found online for $80 or less just gotta look.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11234855

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12667792[/QUOTE]

I did.

LBP2 bundle is out of stock and not sold in stores, and the Heroes Bundle is at no stores near me and after tax + $6 shipping, it kills the deal.

I do want Move, but like I said not for as much as it is now. If I could have got it for $80 with R3 or Goldeneye I would have if I had wanted it back when they first dropped.

Even with the current $25 deal on Move Controller, and $20 for the sharshooter, the other 2 parts even on a deal of $20 each, come to $85 when the bundles cost $80 with all that and a game.

I'll just wait for the next bundle drop. $85 for an accessory seems like way to much IMO.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']LBP2 bundle is out of stock and not sold in stores, and the Heroes Bundle is at no stores near me and after tax + $6 shipping, it kills the deal.[/QUOTE]I say wait.. if this really is a resurgence year then there are going to be sales/bundles and games actually worth bundling. LBP2 isn't going anywhere.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I did.

LBP2 bundle is out of stock and not sold in stores, and the Heroes Bundle is at no stores near me and after tax + $6 shipping, it kills the deal.

I do want Move, but like I said not for as much as it is now. If I could have got it for $80 with R3 or Goldeneye I would have if I had wanted it back when they first dropped.

Even with the current $25 deal on Move Controller, and $20 for the sharshooter, the other 2 parts even on a deal of $20 each, come to $85 when the bundles cost $80 with all that and a game.

I'll just wait for the next bundle drop. $85 for an accessory seems like way to much IMO.[/QUOTE]only other real cheapy option would be to check CL, Ebay or other CAG's that haven't been satisfied w/move $50ish should get it.
The Sport champion bundles should be phase out since the 2nd game is incoming & we're only 1 month away from E3 anyways so the wait should be that long.

edit:sam's club has a bundle on sale for less than $80
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod5390066&navAction=

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod5390068

[quote name='Vinny']I think the dipping sales of the Wii are good indication that people are done with motion controlled gaming. If anything, Kinect is the next step...

This re-launch is just going to be a waste of time and money for Sony. They should focus on more integrated gameplay between the Vita and PS3.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between the death of a fad and a genre finding its saturation point.

Designer jeans became a craze unto insanity in the late 70s. They've made tons of money ever since be nothing like the fever pitch of that era. A good new Mortal Kombat title can make good money but is unlikely to match the fervor of when the SNES and Genesis versions came out, marking when the launch of a big game title was comparable to a major movie's opening weekend.

The big problem with the Wii is that it depended too much on new hardware sales because the software attach rate was lousy, especially for those people who didn't care about the big Nintendo franchises like Mario platformers. These people were content with Wii Play and a few other items, with no more purchases ever. They got a worthwhile novelty for their money but didn't produce the ongoing revenue stream Nintendo expected. When the hardware sales peaked it meant a huge hit on revenue.

But that doesn't mean the death of motion controls. It just means a hard lesson in expecting them to be the primary basis of a platform. It is a subset, just as connection between a set top and a mobile platform is a market of limited value. Sony will do both to the exclusion of neither and neither overwhelming the core products.

I personally have no use for sports games. I cannot image why I'd pretend to play a game on a computer that I wouldn't play for real. And if I liked to play for real, why would I bother with the fake version when I can have so much more experience from the real thing even if I'm bad at it.

That said, the platform company that ignored the market for sports games would have to be run by monumentally stupid people. Invest to support people looking to spend money on a particular thing in proportion to their numbers.

seeing epobirs signature reminds me of last weekend when I was fantasizing about how to make Boktai work again. Screw putting the game in reality, I'm all about putting reality in my game.

[quote name='Wolfkin']seeing epobirs signature reminds me of last weekend when I was fantasizing about how to make Boktai work again. Screw putting the game in reality, I'm all about putting reality in my game.[/QUOTE]

Now that all of the latest handhelds and phones have cameras it should be pretty easy to do.

Consider the pedometer function in the 3DS. You can have a game that not only requires you to get outdoors but also to move around. Special bonus for playing in traffic!

[quote name='Wolfkin']What are you playing? Because aside from the fact that my playing area is really shallow
and I'm really tall meaning I have to put my camera in really awkward places to get myself comfortable
, once I actually calibrate I haven't had any issues actually needing recalibration.[/QUOTE]

I'm about 6-8 feet away from my TV. Camera mounted atop the TV, and I either sit or stand (depending on the game). The only thing I can figure is that the glass top coffee table in my living room is causing a reflection that the camera is picking up. I can play for approximately five minutes before needing to recalibrate. I even bought a new camera, and tried a second Move controller... but experienced the same results. When it is calibrated, it still doesn't feel like a true 1:1 experience.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well I'm a little excited to hear that seeing as how due to some fantastic sales I now have a PSEye (upgraded my EyeToy), two motion controllers, a nav and a sharpshooter. I literally can't think of anything else Move related i could own except one of those fancy charging docks.[/QUOTE]

you should get this http://www.amazon.com/MOVE-Precisio...24SI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1336658091&sr=8-3
because its really fun for this game.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/RekzeYQwmqk[/video]

bread's done
Back