Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#391 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

"Selfless service" is apparently not something we are capable of anymore. - Zyzxx
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#392 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Wow, that admin seems quite upset. But at least something new was posted from his rant that he had little to no time to create. There was a minimum of 1,000 different donators for them to print at least 1,000 of the CE boxes. Especially since they were also accepting donations for $5.

Not sure if they had posted a number on how much they received in donations prior to this, but at least I'm finally up to date on that.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#393 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Re: MEANING: IF YOU ASK FOR A REFUND, YOU WILL GET IT AS LONG AS YOU GIVE US SOMETHING TO SEARCH FOR IN OUR DATABASE.

They don't have a database. If they did they wouldn't need people to send them their info to send a refund back.

Re: They weren't responsible for bringing those games over.

Yes we know. The point was that they were basically saying 'We never claimed to be responsible for bringing those gsmes over...but really we were'

I sent them my name, email and transaction ID (I saved the email from my donation) and I got my money back in just over a day. So yeah, they will give you your money back assuming you can give them the right info.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#394 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

This shit reminds me of that game advocate group a while back that promised a lot but did not seem (to me) to have delivered much... but they did bring us the sweetness of those awesome amazon codes... whatever happened to that group? Are they still around? Anyone remember?
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#395 bossman

bossman

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

This shit reminds me of that game advocate group a while back that promised a lot but did not seem (to me) to have delivered much... but they did bring us the sweetness of those awesome amazon codes... whatever happened to that group? Are they still around? Anyone remember?

Ah yes, I think you're talking the ECA memberships that were fucking annoying to cancel.

#396 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Okay, so I reached out and filed a request from the Police Department located in Temecula, the town of the physical address where the various websites operated by Mr. Boaz are registered under.

It is important to note that Mr. Boaz claims he has since moved from this address. While this is yet another detail that we have to take without any evidence or any third-party verification, I have no evidence one way or the other regarding his claim.

However, the following is the reply I received upon requesting a copy of the public record regarding a robbery at the aforementioned address:

Chief O’Harra forwarded me your Public Records Act request to obtain a copy of a police report involving an incident that occurred on 11/29/12 at >address retraced<. I ran an extensive search in our computer system under that address and was unable to come up with any contacts for the entire 2012 calendar year to date. I also ran the names of Steven and >wife's name removed< Boaz and was unable to come up with any contacts under their names as well. At this point, given the information you have provided me, there doesn’t appear to have been any calls made to the Temecula Police Department involving the above referenced address or names.

I am willing to continue to assist you in any way I can, but I will need for you to provide me with a little more information. Feel free to either call me or e-mail me back with more information and I will be more than happy to assist you.

I would post this on Operation Rainfall's website so that anyone from there could comment on it freely, should they so desire, however last thing I posted on there was deleted (which was merely a link to the local paper), so I'm not even going to bother with their site.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#397 tanders

tanders

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

interesting...

I am still amazed that not much has gone beyond CAG and a few comments on OP. Someone should try reddit??

I guess what gets to me is if OP Rainfall REALLY wanted to notify their beloved community of being able to submit for a refund, etc. they would be announcing it to them a couple more times about it. All they did was submit one post (well actually two since the first one was deleted).

Since it happened on the weekend I'm sure very few people saw, and even know about this. OP Rainfall doesn't want to refresh the convo anywhere on their twitter or facebook, to keep their readers informed of what's happening.

any normal fundraiser will notify people of how much they received, and how many donators they had. scams won't.

Edited by tanders, 08 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#398 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

interesting...

I am still amazed that not much has gone beyond CAG and a few comments on OP. Someone should try reddit??

I guess what gets to me is if OP Rainfall REALLY wanted to notify their beloved community of being able to submit for a refund, etc. they would be announcing it to them a couple more times about it. All they did was submit one post (well actually two since the first one was deleted).

Since it happened on the weekend I'm sure very few people saw, and even know about this. OP Rainfall doesn't want to refresh the convo anywhere on their twitter or facebook, to keep their readers informed of what's happening.

any normal fundraiser will notify people of how much they received, and how many donators they had. scams won't.

Suppose you could toss a few links over to the "major 'games journalism' sites" that Steven Baez references, but I doubt that would do much. It's not uncommon for somebody that ran a kickstarter or indie-gogo to join with Billy Joe and Bobby Sue.

Don't believe they cover many details regarding those either. I'm just going to request a refund now.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#399 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Luckily I didn't buy these but this begs the question, if they don't know who contributed then how the hell were they going to mail out the boxes?

#400 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

How do you get that they don't know who contributed?

#401 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

How do you get that they don't know who contributed?

Don't you have to provide that info again to get your money back?

#402 uthoria

uthoria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Im pretty sure they are legally obligated to disclose how much money they raised via donations

#403 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Don't you have to provide that info again to get your money back?

Ummm... Having to provide your information for a refund isn't anything surprising. :D

#404 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Ummm... Having to provide your information for a refund isn't anything surprising. :D

It isnt? I can't remember ever having to do that for a refund in the past. They can either send money orders to all the people that they were going to send the cases to or they could just refund the PayPal transactions. What reason could there be to request the information again unless they don't have it?

#405 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

What reason could there be to request the information again unless they don't have it?

They want to put the onus on their "customers" (for lack of a better term) to initiate the refund themselves. Why not just refund everybody right off the bat? This way they get to keep the money from anyone who forgot all about this or just declines to request a refund for whatever reason.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#406 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

They want to put the onus on their "customers" (for lack of a better term) to initiate the refund themselves. Why not just refund everybody right off the bat? This way they get to keep the money from anyone who forgot all about this or just declines to request a refund for whatever reason.

I love how they mention that they already retained lawyers. I wonder if it's a criminal or civil defense lawyer?

#407 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Because not everyone wants refunds? They're still shipping out cases - and even if there is no cases, IF there was some evidence this robbery happened, not everyone (myself included) would want a refund.

#408 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Because not everyone wants refunds? They're still shipping out cases - and even if there is no cases, IF there was some evidence this robbery happened, not everyone (myself included) would want a refund.

I could understand that...assuming the guy was willing to provide something other than his word on the subject and assuming he isn't going to be reimbursed by insurance?

#409 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

They're still shipping out cases -

I'd be happy to eventually be proven wrong! But I'll believe this when it happens.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#410 tanders

tanders

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

I'm still curious about if fundraisers are required to disclose the amount raised to the donators. I tried looking this info up but haven't found anything on the subject.

I think they're just hoping 98% of the people who donated are going to forget about the cases. What was the initial ETA? July? They're already almost 6 months late.

#411 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

I'd be happy to eventually be proven wrong! But I'll believe this when it happens.

Again, assuming that it's true. I'm still trying to be reasonable about this, in spite of the fact they absolutely refuse to provide any information that would allow one to independently verify their claims.

I could understand that...assuming the guy was willing to provide something other than his word on the subject and assuming he isn't going to be reimbursed by insurance?

*if* there was a robbery, even if he's covered, insurance doesn't pay for everything. I'd be willing to let them keep the donation if it was something that could be verified... I don't donate to charities I can't research though.

#412 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I'm still curious about if fundraisers are required to disclose the amount raised to the donators. I tried looking this info up but haven't found anything on the subject.

I think they're just hoping 98% of the people who donated are going to forget about the cases. What was the initial ETA? July? They're already almost 6 months late.

I think they got in way over their heads. Didn't assume they'd get the donation amounts they did, and when it happened and they went to print the cases...the amount they needed to print turned out to be quite pricey. More expensive than the amount they received in donations. And then they were like "shit".

#413 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

http://www.thevalley...-jacinto-valley

What I believe to be Mr. Boaz's local paper has updated their "Crime Report" for the week of the alleged incident.

I do not have an address for Mr. Boaz in this area. I did some preliminary research for both Mr. Boaz and his wife to see if either name came up linked to any of the streets listed as having a burglary (then later expanded to grand theft and robbery, which isn't typical in the definition of what we're being told happened, but wanted to be sure) and came up with nothing.

I want to stress, although had I found something, it would have been good for the claims made by OpR, the lack of finding anything does not prove anything bad. There's a lot of missing information (which can only be provided by a select few folks who are keeping quiet on the subject) and without that, the amount of independent verification one can provide for the claim is limited.

Oftentimes, it's easier to prove something happened than to prove it didn't.

#414 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Anyone a lawyer? I wonder if this qualifies as wire fraud? This is from Wikipedia.
Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[3]

#415 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

they lied, they hope it goes away, it most likely will. the end.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#416 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Anyone a lawyer? I wonder if this qualifies as wire fraud? This is from Wikipedia.
Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.[3]

ok if this is his first offense that is a little extreme not to mention he didnt exactly steal thousands and thousands of dollars how many of these things were ordered?

second the only way to say for certain is whether or not the police report actually verifies the items were stolen or not. if they were stolen oh well. if they werent then we need to see if they were actually made or not. and if they werent this is still extreme for a first offense....now if this is just another of many offenses then ok perhaps nail him for wire fraud.

not a lawyer just my 2 cents

#417 tanders

tanders

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

ok if this is his first offense that is a little extreme not to mention he didnt exactly steal thousands and thousands of dollars how many of these things were ordered?

They ordered 1,000 according to one of the OPR staff comments. Not really sure why. I don't know if 1,000 people actually donated, or if they HAD to order that many (like were forced to do 1,000 as minimum order.)

They refuse to state the name of the printer until after the print job is completed. They also refuse to state how much was received in donations for their Pandora's Tower Campaign fundraiser, and say they never will unless required by law. Which I also have no idea if this is a requirement in anyway.

I think if they honestly wanted to make their community and readers aware of this delay and offer the refunds, there would be more talk on their site / Facebook page on it. But, they are being as silent as possible. It's been, how long now? People seem to already have forgotten this and moved on.

So how long are people going to wait for the 2nd (or 1st) print run before realizing the cases are never coming, and never were....
I'd rather we all be proven wrong...

#418 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

They ordered 1,000 according to one of the OPR staff comments. Not really sure why. I don't know if 1,000 people actually donated, or if they HAD to order that many (like were forced to do 1,000 as minimum order.)

They refuse to state the name of the printer until after the print job is completed. They also refuse to state how much was received in donations for their Pandora's Tower Campaign fundraiser, and say they never will unless required by law. Which I also have no idea if this is a requirement in anyway.

I think if they honestly wanted to make their community and readers aware of this delay and offer the refunds, there would be more talk on their site / Facebook page on it. But, they are being as silent as possible. It's been, how long now? People seem to already have forgotten this and moved on.

So how long are people going to wait for the 2nd (or 1st) print run before realizing the cases are never coming, and never were....
I'd rather we all be proven wrong...

Not counting $5 donations, since the box was only for $10+, or above $10 donations which I'm sure there were plenty of, an order of 1,000 means $10,000+ in donations for a $600 campaign for "dev kits" that we know nothing about either.

It's hard to imagine them receiving all that money and "forgetting" about the box. If you recall it was at least a month or so past when people starting asking questions about the box and their response made it seem like they totally forget about the box, and would then start researching a design.

#419 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Holy shit. Phone number.

#420 uthoria

uthoria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Better Business Bureau: