Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#451 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Oh, I've already seen people congratulating Operation Rainfall today.

That's disgusting. XSEED not getting its credit for what it did and is doing.

Operation Rainfall didn't bring The Last Story to America

Interview with XSEED Director of Publishing

Another interview

#452 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Oh, I've already seen people congratulating Operation Rainfall today.

Every article I've read has credited rainfall for it.

#453 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

likely because rainfall really pushed these three games into the spotlight i mean surely they deserve SOME credit

#454 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

That's disgusting. XSEED not getting its credit for what it did and is doing.

Operation Rainfall didn't bring The Last Story to America

Interview with XSEED Director of Publishing

Another interview

Does credit matter? Xseed is getting paid for its efforts.

If anything, Rainfall helped clarify Xseed's #2 criterion - "is there a market for the game?"

#455 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I like how you posted the news in this thread instead of creating a new one just so you guys could play internet detectives again.

Why the heck would I create a brand new thread for something that's already covered in a topic that's still on the same page?

And I didn't post this in a Pandora's Tower thread because I didn't want to crap up another thread with talk about this box.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#456 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Does credit matter? Xseed is getting paid for its efforts.

If anything, Rainfall helped clarify Xseed's #2 criterion - "is there a market for the game?"

Actually, most of the commentary I read at the time of its announcement was, "What does XSEED think they're doing? Are they insane? They'll never recoup."

#457 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Actually, most of the commentary I read at the time of its announcement was, "What does XSEED think they're doing? Are they insane? They'll never recoup."

Yea, even I thought it was a bad idea. It's way worse than TLS by most accounts, and TLS want even that well received.

#458 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

This is preposterous that anyone would credit Operation Rainfall or defend them in spite of Pandora's Tower coming to North America. They set out with 2 goals in seeking donations. The first was to send "special promotional kits" to publishers and the second was to provide collector's boxes to those who donate (http://operationrain...ollectors-case/)

There's no evidence to suggest they ever sent out the promotional kits and as we've seen from the saga of this thread, the boxes never happened either. Not only that but on the very same link I listed above, they publicly announced they had ceased "campaigning" for Pandora's Tower all the way back in October.

These guys were scam artists, plain and simple.

#459 cloudmd23

cloudmd23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

So, did anyone ever get their boxes? Were there any additional updates from them in regards to this?

#460 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

So, did anyone ever get their boxes? Were there any additional updates from them in regards to this?

http://operationrain...se-update-feed/

default.png2.png

#461 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

The latest update says that they're using a new printer:

Thursday, January 31, 2013: We are negotiating a new printing deal on the cases. We’ve made a few alterations to the original case design to meet requirements of the new printer, and we anticipate shipping them to all who donated during the original campaign sometime during the month of February. Please bear with us as we continue to get this all sorted out and we sincerely apologize for the delay.

Their FAQ says the following:

Q: What is the name of the printer that printed the packages?
A: We will disclose the printer name after the cases are securely shipped to those who donated. Also, out of complete fairness, the delay in the cases was partially the fault of Oprainfall staff as well. For the moment, as we still have pending business with the printer, they shall remain anonymous.

Thus, I've asked on their Facebook page:
http://www.facebook....489309214437961

Dear OpR: In your FAQ for the Collector's Boxes, you state that you will not name the original printer for the boxes while you still have pending business with them. In the latest update, you mention that you're using a new printer. Does this mean you can now disclose the name of the original printer?

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#462 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Why would they have to alter anything if they were supposed to be replacements? Why would they need a new printer?

default.png2.png

#463 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

It's possible that, due to the issues they had shipping from the old printer (I believe that previous statements said that they paid for insurance/signature confirmation or such and the printer did not get that when they shipped the package) that they decided to use a different printer.

As for alterations - new printer might require something different. Additionally, I suggested that they put something like "v2" on the box somewhere, so that if the original boxes did show up for sale, we'd know.

#464 uthoria

uthoria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Im sorry, but it does not take this long to print cases. I look forward to the next excuse...and the next...and next.

#465 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I love when this thread gets bumped.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#466 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Im sorry, but it does not take this long to print cases. I look forward to the next excuse...and the next...and next.

Depends on the printer. If they use someone in China, you're looking at upwards of 6 weeks for delivery alone.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#467 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Depends on the printer. If they use someone in China, you're looking at upwards of 6 weeks for delivery alone.

Date of original post: 04-20-2012

#468 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Date of original post: 04-20-2012

Hmm...There's a post above me that lists 1-31-13 as the date of the post regarding new printers.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#469 jello44

jello44

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hmm...There's a post above me that lists 1-31-13 as the date of the post regarding new printers.

He's talking about the OP.

We're coming up to a YEAR now and those who donated (who didn't want a refund) still didn't get a splendid case that felates OPRF's ego.

#470 uthoria

uthoria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Still no update on these mythical cases...lol

#471 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Still no update on these mythical cases...lol

thats cause their mythical. like dragons they merely haunt and tease us but don't actually show up when you want one to burn your ex's house down

#472 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

There's the latest update with a pic of the sample.

#473 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

There's the latest update with a pic of the sample.

Lol @ taking months for one sample.

#474 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

What an ugly box.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#475 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Posted Image

You can send checks directly to me.

This bears reposting.

#476 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

not really Operational Rainfall did a lot more than that.

#477 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

not really Operational Rainfall did a lot more than that.

They really didn't do anything.

#478 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

they advertised the hell out of the game and got it onto gaming message boards which is more than nintendos plan of letting the games exist in japan only without making a sound.

#479 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

they advertised the hell out of the game and got it onto gaming message boards which is more than nintendos plan of letting the games exist in japan only without making a sound.

Giving them way too much credit.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#480 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

I really think this group led a successful grassroots PR campaign for xenoblade. I never would have heard of it if they hadnt made a stink on game blogs. Otherwise I feel xenoblade wouldve made one of those "why didnt this see an american release" top ten lists like Captain Sunshine.

The legitimacy and responsiveness of how they dealt with the money they received is another thing