Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#511 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

lol. Exactly one year after this thread is started, what do I get in the mail?!?

My copy of Pandora's Tower. Yay!

Give it another year and you might just get a commemorative box to put it in. :lol:

#512 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Just got mine in the mail!

Haha no, just kidding.... could you imagine though?

#513 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

LOL! :applause:

#514 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

:lol:

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#515 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Lol this was such a scam. I can't wait til they insensitively say the boxes were passing through Oklahoma last week and were destroyed.

#516 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I think it's time to start making inquiries on the OR forums again.

#517 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Lol this was such a scam. I can't wait til they insensitively say the boxes were passing through Oklahoma last week and were destroyed.

i do admit that would be so tasteless and random i would laugh. but i also admit to being a terrible person.

#518 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I think the already tacky part is they keep updating their website with news and articles by haven't updated information on the boxes since April. They clearly used the "Operation Rainfall" project money to fund the startup of their website. I'd be surprised if any media presentation packets were ever sent out or even produced.

#519 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Sure seems to be taking a long ass time to ship, doesn't it?

http://operationrain...se-update-feed/

#520 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Sure seems to be taking a long ass time to ship, doesn't it?

http://operationrain...se-update-feed/

Not sure what country they could be coming from that takes 50+ days to ship a package to the USA (since "the shipment is on its way" as of 4/1/2013). Maybe it got intercepted by Somali pirates.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#521 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Not sure what country they could be coming from that takes 50+ days to ship a package to the USA (since "the shipment is on its way" as of 4/1/2013). Maybe it got intercepted by Somali pirates.

or a nigerian prince.

#522 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

I think we should start a letter-writing campaign to get OR to release their boxes. We'll call it "Project Tearfall" to represent all the tears we cried while waiting for our boxes.

#523 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

I think we should start a letter-writing campaign to get OR to release their boxes. We'll call it "Project Tearfall" to represent all the tears we cried while waiting for our boxes.

Eventually, can we take donations to build a press kit to convince OR to release the boxes? We can print out pictures of the boxes and mail them to OR. We can give everyone who donates $10 or more a display case to keep the OR box in.

#524 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Would we get the display case before or after we get the collector's box? :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#525 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

My tears derive from laughter.

#526 Illmatic73

Illmatic73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Update today from website:

Sunday, June 9th, 2013: Great news everybody. We fully expect to start shipping the cases to those that ordered them, this month! We will have an update for you sometime shortly after E3 and we will include pictures of the cases before we ship them. We know the long wait is not excusable, and we are truly sorry. We also know we are asking a lot, but wait just a little longer, and you’ll get the cases you donated for a year ago. We’re considering ways to make up for the long wait, such as maybe a raffle for those that donated and have been waiting. We’ll have more on that later, but for now, we’re just going to focus on getting those cases out to you all.

Also as a reminder, if you want a refund on your donation, you can request one at anytime. Just use our “Contact Us” form and include your name and Paypal address so your donated funds will be returned to you.

card.png

#527 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

why do they need people to make a request? why not just return everyone's if they aren't doing what they said they would... 

Update today from website:

Sunday, June 9th, 2013: Great news everybody. We fully expect to start shipping the cases to those that ordered them, this month! We will have an update for you sometime shortly after E3 and we will include pictures of the cases before we ship them. We know the long wait is not excusable, and we are truly sorry. We also know we are asking a lot, but wait just a little longer, and you’ll get the cases you donated for a year ago. We’re considering ways to make up for the long wait, such as maybe a raffle for those that donated and have been waiting. We’ll have more on that later, but for now, we’re just going to focus on getting those cases out to you all.

Also as a reminder, if you want a refund on your donation, you can request one at anytime. Just use our “Contact Us” form and include your name and Paypal address so your donated funds will be returned to you.

#528 Illmatic73

Illmatic73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

http://operationrain...donation-cases/

Update:

So when will YOU receive them?  Basically I need to go through every single box and match it to every applicable donation that we received.  Don’t worry, there’s enough to go around.

I didn’t donate, is it too late to chip in for one? No, but I’d rather make sure everyone who donated before hand has theirs all set up and ready to go. So hold your horses before donating! PLEASE! (for my sanity)

Do they come with the games? That would bankrupt us, especially considering how much Xenoblade goes for nowadays.

What took so long? A long tale of theft, lies, and betrayal.  I could write a book about it, ask my therapist!  The important part is we have them which means the next step is you’ll receive them!

So now that we finally have them we hope to get them out to you by the end of the week, at most next weekend.  Thank you for being as patient as you possibly can be, hopefully you can still trust us!!

card.png

#529 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

Heh. Can't wait until they're robbed or lost in a fire, or Turns out our delivery service needs 3-6 weeks notice for this size of shipment. You can't just walk it down to the post office

This is a good con.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#530 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

It is real and I was right. I swear.

Man you people are cheap.

#531 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Cases-2-610x813.jpg

Those giant boxes would pretty much be the same size as the initial shipment, right?

The one that some dastardly crooks swept away in the night with?

I'm no thief, but if there are four large boxes and I'm trying to be quick and stealthy, I'm probably going to quickly peek inside them before I go through the efforts of loading them in my vehicle.

But then, I guess that's why I'm not a thief.

*edit* From the original article:

One of the things they also happened to steal was the box full of cases.

What now shipped in four large boxes originally shipped in one, single box?

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#532 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

lol so show just one box, and have 4 big boxes sitting there and not showing the inside? lol

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#533 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

Cases-2-610x813.jpg

Those giant boxes would pretty much be the same size as the initial shipment, right?

The one that some dastardly crooks swept away in the night with?

I'm no thief, but if there are four large boxes and I'm trying to be quick and stealthy, I'm probably going to quickly peek inside them before I go through the efforts of loading them in my vehicle.

But then, I guess that's why I'm not a thief.

*edit* From the original article:

One of the things they also happened to steal was the box full of cases.

What now shipped in four large boxes originally shipped in one, single box?

What, you're trying to say that the contents of those 4 boxes couldn't arrive in one bigger box?  And if thieves checked the content of packages, then I surely wouldn't have had a couple of seasons of Three's Company taken from my doorstep a few months ago. 

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#534 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm not saying they *couldn't* have... I'm just saying that if they had, it would have been a *really* big and pretty heavy box.  If I'm a thief who just broke into someone's house and saw all this electronic equipment that I was stealing, I would have taken the 15 seconds to pop open the large, heavy, awkward box before I took the effort to carry it to my car and load it up.

But that's just me.

#535 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Bob, I think it's been proven that a lot of criminals are just plain dumb.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#536 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

So, people gave up about $10 of their money for a piece of crap box made of super thin cardboard?

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#537 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

No; people gave up $10 for nothing.

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#538 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Lol at them acknowledging lies.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#539 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

So people should be receiving these now considering they promised to have them out by last weekend (at the latest), right? :lol:

#540 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

The box looks like thinner and lesser than DVD box set cases.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)