Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#91 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

PR didn't have a personal hand in bringing Xenoblade/LS to the US but they were a major game headline last year; that makes for an interesting conversation piece in my house and I'm betting that it'll be worth some coin a few years down the line.

If you're interested, I'm selling an exclusive autographed 8x10 photo of me sitting grumpily next to my PS3 from when those buttholes hacked the PSN.

#92 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

If you're interested, I'm selling an exclusive autographed 8x10 photo of me sitting grumpily next to my PS3 from when those buttholes hacked the PSN.

epic WOOSH

For not caring about this campaign you guys sure are spending a lot of time whining about it. I mean really, it's $10 FFS...not a huge investment with a possible return (if you care about selling it). I'm sure most of you have blown five times that on shit games that you'll never play.

I love how people keep tearing this down because it's "unauthorized" and yet suddenly when HMV makes it "official" THEN it's worth the extra $x for the import. Seriously, get over yourselves.

#93 ancientbarb

ancientbarb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

I don't care about my $10. Its really nothing. I just don't support bad ideas.

#94 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

I don't care about my $10. Its really nothing. I just don't support bad ideas.

So if it were free and you just had to sign a petition to get the box you still wouldn't do it out of some ethical/professional/moral standard? WHATTA GUY

uc.png

#95 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

So here's the deal. Send me $10, and I'll send you something from my house. No guarantee what the item will be, but know that the money will go towards hope... hope that the U.S. gets five Japanese Vita titles localized by the end of June.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#96 ancientbarb

ancientbarb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

So if it were free and you just had to sign a petition to get the box you still wouldn't do it out of some ethical/professional/moral standard? WHATTA GUY

Free of charge and get rid of that "THE RAINFALL COLLECTION?" Then I'll take it. I see nothing wrong with it there.

#97 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

epic WOOSH

For not caring about this campaign you guys sure are spending a lot of time whining about it. I mean really, it's $10 FFS...not a huge investment with a possible return (if you care about selling it). I'm sure most of you have blown five times that on shit games that you'll never play.

I love how people keep tearing this down because it's "unauthorized" and yet suddenly when HMV makes it "official" THEN it's worth the extra $x for the import. Seriously, get over yourselves.

When a store that is an authorized reseller of Nintendo is distributing an item with the actual game then yeah, I'm going to say that's a little bit more official than Joe Schmoe who has no direct connection other than saying 'Hey Nintendo, publish this game!' going to Kinkos to have them slap his logo on something.

#98 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

For not caring about this campaign you guys sure are spending a lot of time whining about it.

I don't really have anything against it. I'm just not going to do it because I don't feel it's worth it, and that's how I feel about it.

My bigger issue is really how the people who do want one feels the need to justify it beyond the reason of wanting one and that it looks cool. All this talk about it rising in value, it's a great deal, it'll be a collector's item, etc, etc, is really what doesn't make sense to me.

If you want one, then get one. People make a good business in replicating things like this, and it's their prerogative since consumers are willing to pay for things like this.

Do you really need to make it seem like it's the second coming of Jesus if someone doesn't get one?

Seems unnecessary.
Posted Image

#99 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

For $10 us dollars you can have the paper roll of the toilet paper I used from the day I took a poop in the form of a pretzel. A "Must Have" Collectible that will only increase in price get yours before scalpers sell them and make cheap bootlegs.

#100 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

I just want a coupon to get Xenoblade cheaper from the Devil that Nintendo partnered with to sell it retail! Thought about spending the extra $5 shipping from Nintendo so the GameStop jackasses don't get my cash.

cagSig.png515886.png

#101 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

epic WOOSH

Hi there.

Listen, I understand how it's normal for people to try to justify things when they made a poor choice...perhaps you thought it was official rather than fanmade? But regardless, the truth is that unauthorized and unlicensed fanmade things such as this just do not become worth something. If you want it for the great memories of "Operation Rainfall", which you may or may not believe actually accomplished something, that's wonderful. But trying to convince others that you made the right choice just isn't a good use of your time. I'm sorry but if you did it for the plan of reselling it years later at a massive profit...good luck. Who knows, you might make $15 after several years before the paypal and ebay fees. I doubt it though.

#102 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

For those raging so hard against this... don't ever go to esty.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#103 keine

keine

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

If this was for $5, I would definitely consider getting this (since I probably waste that amount on a cup of latte every week)

Edited by keine, 29 April 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#104 DukeMagnem

DukeMagnem

Dean of All True Men

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

For my $10 it better come with a certificate of authenticity and a picture (I'll add $5 if it's framed) confirming the poop was in fact shaped like a pretzel.

But seriously, this has run its course. There's enough here so a person can decide whether or not they want to buy a box for a collection of games. As far as it becoming collectible, who knows. Unofficial things do often become collectible. There are a number of homebrews that attest to this. Or if they don't become collectible, they can at least find their place in the market... repro carts, boxes, inserts. What it would come down to is how the events were seen in 15, 20 or more years. Would a large enough group of people believe Operation Rainfall legitimately had an impact or influence on the release of these games--that's the question. It's also a matter of how well the RPGs hold up over time... it's pretty much an impossible thing to predict.

#105 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

Those people don't have a single creative bone in their bodies.

"I'm going to make my living making cheap trinkets based on the popular works of others! Yeah!"

#106 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Those people don't have a single creative bone in their bodies.

"I'm going to make my living making cheap trinkets based on the popular works of others! Yeah!"

http://www.etsy.com/...action/57768678

Seriously, I do have to say that, perhaps, you need to have your creative bones checked if you've looked through everything on Etsy and determined it to all be "cheap trinkets"

http://www.etsy.com/...attlefield-from

Some of these folks have talent, although, I must admit, a lot of them have moved away from Etsy and have started selling their works on their own.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#107 jamesesdad

jamesesdad

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'm mildly curious why all the people shitting all over this thread are considered acceptable by mods, but when people say a 32gig ps vita memory card for 85 dollars is a ripoff their comments are removed, and mods threaten banning??? Any mods care to elaborate? thanks
GameCenter/OpenFeint: Plslvmln

#108 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I don't think a lot of people here are antagonistic to selling fanmade items in general. I'm more put off by these guys assuming responsibility for getting the release of Xenoblade and Last Story and their belief that they solely can get Pandora's Tower out.

For example, when the Mother 3 patch came out the fansite who released the patch released a guide and coins and all sorts of stuff. It didn't really bother me at all. 1) The patch took a ton of hard work to get done, without which no one would ever know what it's like to play Mother 3. 2) The guide and the medal they released looked really good and looked like they put a lot of effort into making.

So no, I'm not opposed to fan made collectibles. Heck I would've bought a fan-made mug shaped like the E Cans in the Megaman games if they hadn't sold out.

#109 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

So far the effort the put on the box is to take the HMV box and photoshop their logo on it. there is also a good chance the final design won't have the game's logo since those are copyrighted.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#110 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

I'm mildly curious why all the people shitting all over this thread are considered acceptable by mods, but when people say a 32gig ps vita memory card for 85 dollars is a ripoff their comments are removed, and mods threaten banning??? Any mods care to elaborate? thanks

Somehow I get the feeling there's more to that story other than just saying something is a ripoff, and I also have a funny feeling it's personal. :o
Posted Image

#111 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

http://www.etsy.com/...action/57768678

Seriously, I do have to say that, perhaps, you need to have your creative bones checked if you've looked through everything on Etsy and determined it to all be "cheap trinkets"

http://www.etsy.com/...attlefield-from

Some of these folks have talent, although, I must admit, a lot of them have moved away from Etsy and have started selling their works on their own.

"I can't come up with anything on my own, so I'll sell things 'inspired' by the works of others and hope I don't get sued!"

#112 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

If groups like this actually worked, we would have had all the Mother games released here, because we fans of Mother are much larger then this group.
These games were brought over to the US because they were making money, Nintendo is a business, they aren't gonna bring over games they don't think will make money just because we ask nicely. Otherwise, as I've said, Mother 1, Mother 1+2, and Mother 3 would have been released here long ago.

OPRainfall did next to nothing, and are just taking credit, you know, like the hacker group Anonymous does all the time.

I would not recommend donating this this.

Edited by Earthbound_X, 30 April 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#113 Krystal109

Krystal109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I don't think a lot of people here are antagonistic to selling fanmade items in general. I'm more put off by these guys assuming responsibility for getting the release of Xenoblade and Last Story and their belief that they solely can get Pandora's Tower out.

Fanmade or not, it's copyright infringement to use the logos from the company on a box and sell it (which is basically what is being done).

#114 jamesesdad

jamesesdad

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

Somehow I get the feeling there's more to that story other than just saying something is a ripoff, and I also have a funny feeling it's personal. :o

Oh absolutely there was more to it than that, but no more or less than the threadcrapping that is going on in this here thread.
GameCenter/OpenFeint: Plslvmln

#115 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

Can I play this on a Nintendo?
Posted Image

#116 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Can I play this on a Nintendo?

The game, available from an actual company, is for the Wii.

This box isn't digitally interactive. ;)

BTW, I'm surprised this thread still exists here. Thought a mod would have moved it elsewhere by now.

cagSig.png515886.png

#117 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

BUMP. Anyone see any news about this getting shipped out or new pictures of it?

#118 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Good point... Last Story has an awesome looking collectors box on its own now.

#119 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Nothing yet but it's still within the initial timeframe. I'm guessing it'll get bumped to August.

uc.png

#120 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

I got an email last week.

Donation ConfirmationWednesday, July 11, 2012 4:53 PM
From: "Operation Rainfall Staff" <opra.webteam@gmail.com>Add sender to Contacts

Thank you for your contribution toward Operation Rainfall.

This email is to confirm that you are eligible for a reward based on your donation amount. We will notify you as soon as your wallpaper pack is available to download, which we expect to be ready by the end of this month. You are also going to recieve a limited edition collector's case that will carry the three games of our original campaign. We are not quite ready to ship these out this month, but we should have more information by the end of July.

Please take a moment to review the mailing address you have on file with PayPal, and notify us if you would like us to ship your case(s) to a different address. If you already left a note asking us to ship to a different address, please disregard this message.

Thank you for your donation!

For more information on our project to pitch Pandora's Tower to American publishers, please visit http://oprainfall.com/