Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#181 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

I find it funny that this thread keeps getting resurrected by the same fucking idiot over 3 times already.

also

Posted Image

You can send checks directly to me.

In for 1

#182 keine

keine

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

People still haven't received their boxes yet? Such a shame.
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#183 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

I find it funny that this thread keeps getting resurrected by the same fucking idiot over 3 times already.
H

Fuck you scumbag, I don't give a shit what you think about how I spent my money, I'm trying to remind people who actually paid for this. Now gtfo

#184 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Over 3 times you say? Is 4 the number you were trying to think of? It comes right after 3.

I think he covered his bases when he said "over 3" which could mean 4 and anything after.

This box is still the dumbest.

#185 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Fuck you scumbag, I don't give a shit what you think about how I spent my money, I'm trying to remind people who actually paid for this. Now gtfo

Especially cause this is gaming history!!!

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#186 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

More like Project Tears Fall, amirite?

#187 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Not only did they shit up the box, but they still haven't delivered it? Well...

Meanwhile:

Posted Image

This is brilliant. In for 1. :applause:

#188 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

So, $10 for a box? A BOX. Good deal.

#189 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

well they say an fool an his money are soon departed so if you want buy fool proof insurance let me know no one will be able fool you again just 20 a month

#190 keine

keine

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

so if you want buy fool proof insurance let me know no one will be able fool you again just 20 a month

Sold!

Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#191 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I got mine from Kinkos months ago for cheaper. Also it didn't have a fake logo and a full side of too much text.

#192 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Since the title says this is the Collector's Edition box, maybe the regular edition box looks better?

#193 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

multiple penises

#194 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

So, $10 for a box? A BOX. Good deal.

OCD at work.

There is no end to the BS OCD people will spend money on.

Pre-order FFXV and get a limited edition soundtrack with Masashi Hamauzu's blood on it from when he accidentally cut his finger in his recording studio!

"I have got to get my hands on this before it sells out!"

#195 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

I'm sorry but this is stupid. These guys had no say-so on whether or not a game should be localized. And $600 won't cover shit. In fact, XSEED probably won't even look at you for $600.
However, if you want to buy this cheap, unofficial box for $10, go ahead.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#196 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

I'm sorry but this is stupid. These guys had no say-so on whether or not a game should be localized. And $600 won't cover shit. In fact, XSEED probably won't even look at you for $600.

You can't anymore. This thread is all sorts of old.

#197 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

I am waiting for the greatest hits version of the box.

#198 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

I think a lot of people are mis-representing what OR actually did.

My take is that without OR, I wouldn't have ever looked twice at Xenoblade Chronicles (which ended up as my 2nd fave Wii game) or Pandora's Tower (a very unique Zelda clone). I was definitely excited about The Last Story though beforehand. What they did through their campaigns and whatnot was build more anticipation and spread the knowledge of the 3 RPGs, one (of many) genre that the Wii was seriously lacking in. They did enough to gain coverage on almost every gaming website and the 3 games are now synonymous with OR.

Of course, by the time they started this donation campaign, the word for the 3 games already spread (thanks to OR). Lot of people can say "whatever, we knew about these games and OR did nothing". I'm not saying that this campaign guaranteed anything, just that I think it did spread the word about the 3 games.

And honestly, it was $10 fucking dollars to hopefully promote more unique/new IPs on the Wii instead of all the shovelware/casual games that clutters its library. And thanks to OR, I think most of us voted with our dollars in buying Xenoblade Chronicles and TLS (twice even, once to import the PAL copy and once again for the US releases). It's not going to make or break most of us. (For those of you saying it's $10 wasted, that could be argue either way depending on what you consider as waste.)

Will this campaign do anything? Probably not... Nintendo's made it clear that it's moved on as the Wii U is only months ago. But I'm not going to cry over it, no matter how bad that box looks.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#199 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Europeans who had the game and were raving about it made more noise than Operation Rainfall.

#200 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Europeans who had the game and were raving about it made more noise than Operation Rainfall.

Right. I was following the game since it was called Monando and got GOTY in JP then again in EU the next year, for a Wii game, that was impressive.

#201 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

I think a lot of people are mis-representing what OR actually did.

My take is that without OR, I wouldn't have ever looked twice at Xenoblade Chronicles (which ended up as my 2nd fave Wii game) or Pandora's Tower (a very unique Zelda clone). I was definitely excited about The Last Story though beforehand. What they did through their campaigns and whatnot was build more anticipation and spread the knowledge of the 3 RPGs, one (of many) genre that the Wii was seriously lacking in. They did enough to gain coverage on almost every gaming website and the 3 games are now synonymous with OR.

Of course, by the time they started this donation campaign, the word for the 3 games already spread (thanks to OR). Lot of people can say "whatever, we knew about these games and OR did nothing". I'm not saying that this campaign guaranteed anything, just that I think it did spread the word about the 3 games.

And honestly, it was $10 fucking dollars to hopefully promote more unique/new IPs on the Wii instead of all the shovelware/casual games that clutters its library. And thanks to OR, I think most of us voted with our dollars in buying Xenoblade Chronicles and TLS (twice even, once to import the PAL copy and once again for the US releases). It's not going to make or break most of us. (For those of you saying it's $10 wasted, that could be argue either way depending on what you consider as waste.)

Will this campaign do anything? Probably not... Nintendo's made it clear that it's moved on as the Wii U is only months ago. But I'm not going to cry over it, no matter how bad that box looks.

Whatever...

#202 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAPADOOOO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

I asked on FB and they said they're still working on it...:roll:

uc.png

#203 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

OCD at work.

There is no end to the BS OCD people will spend money on.

Pre-order FFXV and get a limited edition soundtrack with Masashi Hamauzu's blood on it from when he accidentally cut his finger in his recording studio!

"I have got to get my hands on this before it sells out!"

I would buy this.

#204 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

who got theier game or box i dint yet

Do you but every thing from every thread that is posted on here?

#205 cloudmd23

cloudmd23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured those who donated would want to know that they're not getting their boxes after all.

http://operationrain...s-for-donators/

#206 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured those who donated would want to know that they're not getting their boxes after all.

this all seems to Convenient

#207 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

LOL. Who the hell robs somebody, takes all the electronics, sees a case of empty cases, and makes sure to take that too? If this really happened, my thoughts and prayers to the people it happened to. But my BS radar is going off.

#208 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

Sad to hear if it's true. But why wouldn't they put all that donation into a bank account? Unless...those thieves robbed their bank accounts somehow.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#209 PaleGreen

PaleGreen

Take as needed for pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

Damn shame, but this thing stunk to high heaven from day one. Sorry to the CAGs who got jammed!

#210 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Sounds like someone found something they really wanted to buy and remembered they had some nice donation money sitting around.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!