DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#271 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I was told the same. Also Silent Hill HD is not in store.

Somehow I got Dead Island free after coupon.

It was marked $29.00 and the guy said don't worry he can override the coupon to work on games that are less than 29.99.

I don't know if he scanned the coupon twice or what happened, but he totaled it out and it was 0.00. I asked if that is right and I had my credit card in hand and he told me it was correct and gave me my receipt.

Yeah not sure why Silent Hill HD Collection is not in stores or online for PS3?? They carry the 360 version though...

Wow, nice pull on Dead Island. Funny you mention that, I saw that when I was there trying to decide which game to get and I assumed it wouldn't qualify with it being $29.00 instead of $29.99. Here and you got away with it being free.

I also took into consideration that Dead Island will probably drop to around $10 soon for a Gamefly nightly sale so I can wait.

A friend of mine just landed Tiger '13 for $19.99 after the BB ad price match and the $20 off coupon. He's now headed to another Target to get SSX for the same price.

AdmrlBalls.png

#272 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

In line.now, someone is getting a phone contract, and the lady at the.mobile computer hasn't worked in a month and has to find out how to do the promotion.

Am I lucky or what?

I looked at the guy's screen when he was accepting my trade-ins for the promotion. It's really simple and just like their public nextworth site.

---

I wish I hadn't traded in my copies of KH2 and FFXII for the PS2 for $1 total awhile back. Totally could've used them here.

#273 Jackhole

Jackhole

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm confused on which games being eligible. I have copies of Madden 07 & 08 as well as NCAA Football 07 & 08 for the X360. How do I find out if these are eligible or not?

#274 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

I had to wait 30 minutes as a customer was signing up for a phone contract. Left, ate lunch, came back an hour later...still with the same customer lol. Anyway, I tried to pawn off my VR Golf '97 PS1 and Tomb Raider II PS1 and no dice as I figured... they didn't show up on his mobile search. Ultimately, I traded in Burnout Paradise and Band Hero PS3 and got Uncharted 3 for 10 bucks. Also, he was fully prepared to let me do more than 1 deal and would have if the PS1 games came up.

#275 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Was able to trade in 4 game at once and got two coupons. Turned around and bought Portal 2 and Uncharted 3 for 21.xx out the door. Pretty happy with it. I traded in Elite Beat Agents, Dark Void, Condemned 2 and Timeshift.

Did you need to do 2 separate transactions for the trade in coupons? Did they scan your DL both times? Just wondering about the "1 Per Customer" limit. If they scanned your DL both times, then it's just a YMMV on the Target employee and not controlled by the system.

#276 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

I'm thinking about trading in two games but one of them has a punchhole through the UPC, and the other has a slash on it. Don't want to take the shrink wrap off, and they're denied. I'd be highly upset. The two games are on their site though.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#277 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm thinking about trading in two games but one of them has a punchhole through the UPC, and the other has a slash on it. Don't want to take the shrink wrap off, and they're denied. I'd be highly upset. The two games are on their site though.

YMMV on the employee, but mine just typed in the names of the games and verified the contents. He actually seemed very meticulous(read: ANAL), but no problem for me.

#278 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

VITA GUYS: UNCHARTED GOLDEN ABYSS is marked down to $40 today! WOOOOT

#279 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

I have a Ps1 game to trade but the case is cracked. Would they still take it?

#280 scum1

scum1

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

traded in 6 games
Blazing angels ps3
Dark Sector 360
Rockstar table tennis Wii
Arm of 2 360
Deca sports Wii
I forget the last one but all were less than 2 dollars trade in each I did it in 3 separate transactions

Grabbed Infamous 2 ps3
gears of war 3
Darkness 2 limited ps3

54.09 out the door. I also had a 50 dollar gift card I got from my job so I was only out the 4.09 cash
I'm all over that like a donkey eatin a waffle

#281 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

YMMV on the employee, but mine just typed in the names of the games and verified the contents. He actually seemed very meticulous(read: ANAL), but no problem for me.

I'm indecisive. I have duplicates of Motorstorm Apocalypse and Socom Confrontation (Long story) I want Rayman Origins since the instore price is $29.99 the last time I checked, but my girl and I are at the final stages. We would play it again down the line. I just don't know when.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#282 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Yeah not sure why Silent Hill HD Collection is not in stores or online for PS3?? They carry the 360 version though...

Wow, nice pull on Dead Island. Funny you mention that, I saw that when I was there trying to decide which game to get and I assumed it wouldn't qualify with it being $29.00 instead of $29.99. Here and you got away with it being free.

I also took into consideration that Dead Island will probably drop to around $10 soon for a Gamefly nightly sale so I can wait.

A friend of mine just landed Tiger '13 for $19.99 after the BB ad price match and the $20 off coupon. He's now headed to another Target to get SSX for the same price.

Yeah Dead Island is 19.99 at GS NEW. I wonder if you could PM and use the $20 off coupon. That would be free too!

I don't think he had to override to take the coupon either. I didn't see him type in his numbers or anything. I'm pretty sure it is a general $20 off coupon.

LA Noire Complete and Portal 2 would be $10, but I have a feeling portal will drop soon.

#283 crax

crax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Vegas report: Worked fine. Traded in Condemned (the first one) and Conan for 360. Guy noted they were normally 71 cents and now I was getting a $20 coupon. Went and grabbed what looked like the last copy of Uncharted 3.

Side note: I previously got Uncharted 3 on BF for $29.99. Didn't play it and ended up trading it in to best buy recently for $37.50 or so. But I wanted to play it so this works out pretty well!

#284 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Update: After the mobile rep didn't show up at the designated time, I waited for twenty minutes, then went on other errands. Came back less than 90 minutes later, and now the guy "is on his lunch break."

Another customer is there as was angry that the Mobile rep didn't know about the coupon. I presume this isn't Target but an outside contractor- but still, why the hell would you not notify your reps about a nationwide promotion? When I hear about blunders like this, I'm not surprised about the business failure rate here.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#285 Foxhound141

Foxhound141

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Has anyone tried trading in X360 music games? Rock Band 1, 2 Lego and Guitar Hero 3 and Metallica?

#286 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Has anyone tried trading in X360 music games? Rock Band 1, 2 Lego and Guitar Hero 3 and Metallica?

Lego Rock Band and Metallica show up on their trade in site, rock Band 1 and 2 do not. -- so those 2 you should be golden with!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#287 Foxhound141

Foxhound141

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Lego Rock Band and Metallica show up on their trade in site, rock Band 1 and 2 do not. -- so those 2 you should be golden with!

Sweet, thanks!

#288 captainamerica

captainamerica

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

just took advantage of this @ my local target. traded in fable 2, halo 3:odst, tiger woods 10, and kinect adventures (all xb360) for (2) $20 gaming coupons, picked up uncharted vita and portal 2 for $20 total. this is such a rad deal.

#289 captainamerica

captainamerica

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

the guy did say that it could work for original xbox games (but who knows, he said i was the first person to trade in games @ that location, so i don't know how accurate that is), and that all games traded in need original art and manuals traded in, with no scratches on the disc.

#290 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

so you can trade in any game for this promo offer? even ps2 games? anyone confirm? thanks

You can even trade in PS1 games,I traded in four from the list this morning.

#291 Jackhole

Jackhole

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

You can even trade in PS1 games,I traded in four from the list this morning.

What about mobile games (DS)? As long as its on the website it should work, right?

#292 SteveChiller

SteveChiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I also saw RockBand: track pack 2 is on that site. :)
Posted Image

#293 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

just took advantage of this @ my local target. traded in fable 2, halo 3:odst, tiger woods 10, and kinect adventures (all xb360) for (2) $20 gaming coupons, picked up uncharted vita and portal 2 for $20 total. this is such a rad deal.

Wait is that a typo? The vita version would come out to 20 right?

#294 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Wait is that a typo? The vita version would come out to 20 right?

He probably got $10 for those games he traded in.

#295 captainamerica

captainamerica

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

yeah my bad it was $30 total, $10 for portal 2, $20 for uncharted, as it was already discounted to $40 w/out the coupons.

#296 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

What about mobile games (DS)? As long as its on the website it should work, right?

Yes... as long as the game shows up on the Target trade in site.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#297 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I think I might go back tuesday with another 2 games. Got uncharted vita and Rayman vita for $43 with tax

Traded in punch Out and nfs Nitro for Wii, and enslaved on ps3 and Star Trek legacy for 360

I had stopped by gamestop to pick up some cheap used games but when I saw nba 2k8 PS2 for 24.99 I left

#298 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Got Uncharted 3 but don"t plan on playing it until I get the 1st 2. Just got a PS3 w/MK Komplete. Might do another trade, any $30 PS3 game recommendations?

#299 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

traded in 4 ps2 games and 2 current gen games, picked up uc3, gears 3, and jurassic park. had target gcs left over from xmas so didn't have to spend any money out of pocket. also, jurassic park rang up less than 29.99 but the coupon still worked (ymmv). such an awesome deal. unfortunately no uc controller bundles to try the coupon on.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#300 lakers2008

lakers2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

do the UPC codes have to match to the ones online? Some of my games are original print and dont match the UPC online
http://www.points2sh...?ref=lakers2008

Earn Cash, Win Call of Duty, Halo, NBA, NFL and every other game for Free. Yes, Free Check it out and see. It truly is free.