DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#391 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Wow, good YMMV price match because Target's policy specifically excludes anything that involves coupon usage from what I remember.

Well I noticed the coupon itself did not say "Not valid with other offers" or anything like that. Plus IMO this isn't a standard coupon, I get it for giving them two of my games so I think it may be allowed, but not sure if other people had success or not with this. I was out for the last 8 hours.

On a side note I found a really nice Vita game case that holds 32 games (was from Vita starter kit and it was mismarked as a PSP Go case so I got it for $2.00 ($1.80 after PUR)

So for $7 in GS credit and $20 cash I got a Vita game, vita case, and MGSHD, a pretty good deal if I do say so myself.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#392 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

I do sometimes. Between the crappy 'eco' cases and the reduction/elimination of manuals, you're getting less and less for that $60 or whatever you're spending on games nowadays.

That is, unless you buy the Elder Scrolls games, in which case you get a manual that's the size of a small paperback book. At least they know how to put out a game anymore(even if it is glitchy as shit when it first releases:razz:). What does not including a manual and using those freakin' 'eco' cases really save the publishers anyway....$.05?

Well let say it save .50 per game. That means over the year it would save millions a year for a large publisher like EA.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#393 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

I do sometimes. Between the crappy 'eco' cases and the reduction/elimination of manuals, you're getting less and less for that $60 or whatever you're spending on games nowadays.

That is, unless you buy the Elder Scrolls games, in which case you get a manual that's the size of a small paperback book. At least they know how to put out a game anymore(even if it is glitchy as shit when it first releases:razz:). What does not including a manual and using those freakin' 'eco' cases really save the publishers anyway....$.05?

LOL, it Skyrim requires it and fighting games. but not COD!

#394 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

Just got back from trading in more stuff. I took in 12 games and they refused 4 because of no manual. I brought them in just in case they would a-OK it, but the guy at the desk seemed nice and cool so i didn't even try to push him into it, just said pass on to the next game.

I had 3 games that had pretty damn heavy scratching though, and the guy took them. The condition is completely YMMV from person to person. He also took Donkey Konga for Gamecube even though it says it has to include the bongos on the site.

The coupons would only ring up 1 per game so I ended up getting 4, just gonna turn around to BB/GS and trade them in. I did ask the guy to try 4 coupons for 2 39.99 games, but they would only ring up twice, so there ya go.

#395 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:20 AM

How come you guys can get multiple coupons while my target records id info....I have loads of old games but not enough fake id.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#396 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

How come you guys can get multiple coupons while my target records id info....I have loads of old games but not enough fake id.

there seems to be no "hard" limit on the trade ins you're able to do.

#397 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

There is no system wide ban on it, it must just be your target... 3 different employees told me no limit, and all coupons worked on the same transaction (they all had the same discount codes as well)

Is the employee telling you no? or the system?

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#398 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

:evil: It looks like my BB and GS bans are gonna have a lil sister after tomorrow.:rofl:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#399 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Can't you just go on separate days. Assuming you live close enough?

#400 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

Have you seen Witcher 2 on 360? :)
http://buy.thewitcher.com/enhanced/

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#401 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

there seems to be no "hard" limit on the trade ins you're able to do.

Interesting, I will try again tomorrow. So I assume some of you guys still were able to get multiple coupons under the same id? I just thought since my info is in the system, I can't do multiple copies.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#402 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

Have you seen Witcher 2 on 360? :)
http://buy.thewitcher.com/enhanced/

No. I haven't. I only have a PS3 as of now, so I haven't been paying attention to games that have come out only on 360 or 360/PC.

EDIT: WHOA!! That's one thick manual and another manual-esque book with it that's just as thick or THICKER. :shock: But that's the UK/overseas version(as you can tell by the PEGI-18 on the front cover). The U.S. version is probably some thin manual crap, just like the God Of War III "Ultimate" Edition was all digital download junk vs. it's UK cousin, which had all physical discs for the documentaries and soundtrack and also had the God Of War Collection in the big ol' plastic Pandora's Box replica.;)

Posted Image

#403 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

i made sure the games i picked up at gamestop were complete. it might be 1.99 or 2.99 instead of .99 but it is worth it to not get denied. now im just wishing i didnt give away 2 copies of bulletstorm and homefront each to some buds earlier this month. they shouldnt mind if i just call them up and tell them i need them back to flip, right? lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#404 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

No. I haven't. I only have a PS3 as of now, so I haven't been paying attention to games that have come out only on 360 or 360/PC.

EDIT: WHOA!! That's one thick manual and another manual-esque book with it that's just as thick or THICKER. :shock: But that's the UK/overseas version(as you can tell by the PEGI-18 on the front cover). The U.S. version is probably some thin manual crap, just like the God Of War III "Ultimate" Edition was all digital download junk vs. it's UK cousin, which had all physical discs for the documentaries and soundtrack and also had the God Of War Collection in the big ol' plastic Pandora's Box replica.;)

Nope, it's the exact same.
http://www.gamestop....201175_CELG.jpg

Edited by MSUHitman, 23 April 2012 - 02:45 AM.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#405 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Just confirm you can use 2 coupons in one transaction got gow3 and uc3 for 21.xx in the same transaction using 2 coupons
Posted Image

#406 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Thank you CAG!!! Traded in NHL and NBA 2k6 LOL. Got the coupon and then purchased Uncharted 3 for just over $10. Great deal great day. Thanka again.

#407 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

i made sure the games i picked up at gamestop were complete. it might be 1.99 or 2.99 instead of .99 but it is worth it to not get denied. now im just wishing i didnt give away 2 copies of bulletstorm and homefront each to some buds earlier this month. they shouldnt mind if i just call them up and tell them i need them back to flip, right? lol

:lol: I wonder if one copy of Rage for PS3 and one for 360 would work? Technically it's not the same game on the same platform. Although I only have one Rage(PS3) and I still wanna play through it.

Don't forget about :ps3::360:Medal Of Honor, that was $5 after @Gamer coupon a couple of months ago too.;)

Posted Image

#408 mastaspy007

mastaspy007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

For those interested in reading, here's my story:

Went to GameStop and bought 4 $2.99 games for $12 total. Then went to a Target in a neighboring city since apparently they were the only ones with a Target Mobile. Traded in 2 of them for a $20 coupon and got God of War 3. Got my friend to trade in the other 2, but they wouldn’t take them since they thought the discs were too scratched. Went back to GameStop and exchanged those 2 for 2 others that qualified and then made another trip to that same Target. Got the second coupon, but they didn’t have any games that I wanted. Drove out 10-ish miles to the next closest Target, used the coupon to get the God of War Collection. All in all, 4 hours of my day, $32 for both games.

Long story short: $32 for God of War Collection + God of War 3. Thanks CAG!

#409 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

large font = serious business

---

holy crap, I've been looking at my collection seeing what crappy games I could ditch and I just realized I could just buy another copy of homefront. duh. (it's not crappy, just cheap.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#410 KnightPaladin

KnightPaladin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

went to my local target today.

Traded in band hero ( 0.48 ) and Morrowind ( 1.00 )

promo bumped it up to $20 total.

Picked up MGS collection for PS3.

Sweet deal.

#411 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Went to GameStop and bought 4 $2.99 games for $12 total. Then went to a Target in a neighboring city since apparently they were the only ones with a Target Mobile. Traded in 2 of them for a $20 coupon and got God of War 3. Got my friend to trade in the other 2, but they wouldn’t take them since they thought the discs were too scratched. Went back to GameStop and exchanged those 2 for 2 others that qualified and then made another trip to that same Target. Got the second coupon, but they didn’t have any games that I wanted. Drove out 10-ish miles to the next closest Target, used the coupon to get the God of War Collection. All in all, 4 hours of my day, $32 for both games.

Did you factoring in gas? Sounds like at least 2 gallons:D

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#412 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

I took in 5 games just in case they wouldn't accept certain titles. I was able to trade in 4 of them for 2 coupons and the guy working there ended up buying the 5th game for $10 (FlingSmash).

I traded Madden 07 and 09, NBA 2k7, and Fifa 08 for Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and Dead Rising 2 Off the Record.

#413 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Is this the Origins Collection or the PS2 collection? I wouldn't mind getting the Origins collection on the cheap.

#414 ploppsdman

ploppsdman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

Where are stores w/ target mobile? I used that search and its telling me there are no stores w/in 200 miles of cleveland, chicago, or buffalo. That cant be right ....

#415 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

the search thing is broken right now. stores with target mobile are ones where you can sign up for phone plans. theres a little kiosk next to where all the new phones are on display. the person that works there wears a black shirt unlike the red that regular target employees wear.

Where are stores w/ target mobile? I used that search and its telling me there are no stores w/in 200 miles of cleveland, chicago, or buffalo. That cant be right ....

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#416 cjacks9

cjacks9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'll probably digg around for my DS games or my children's Wii games and see if anything in the store is worthwhile.
Good thread. Kudos to the originators and the many follow-ups.

#417 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

As a few (many) people have mentioned, it works on $29.99 and up software titles, so of course it would work for a PSN card!!!! It also works on diapers and men's slacks. What a deal!

Thank you, Sorry I didn't read the entire thread

#418 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Well I noticed the coupon itself did not say "Not valid with other offers" or anything like that. Plus IMO this isn't a standard coupon, I get it for giving them two of my games so I think it may be allowed, but not sure if other people had success or not with this. I was out for the last 8 hours.

On a side note I found a really nice Vita game case that holds 32 games (was from Vita starter kit and it was mismarked as a PSP Go case so I got it for $2.00 ($1.80 after PUR)

So for $7 in GS credit and $20 cash I got a Vita game, vita case, and MGSHD, a pretty good deal if I do say so myself.

Nah I meant the fact that getting MGSHD and whatever Vita game it was down to 30 required a coupon on Toys R Us's side. Guess them no longer having physical print ads helped out in that regard lol

#419 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

There is no system wide ban on it, it must just be your target... 3 different employees told me no limit, and all coupons worked on the same transaction (they all had the same discount codes as well)

Is the employee telling you no? or the system?

It's the employee. If they read the fine print it does say 1 per customer on the promo details. Mine showed it to me on the screen, but others have reported that the system will allow multiple trade in's. The risk is that with ID's, the system is no doubt tracking activity and could lead to a ban.

#420 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

I took in 5 games just in case they wouldn't accept certain titles. I was able to trade in 4 of them for 2 coupons and the guy working there ended up buying the 5th game for $10 (FlingSmash).

I traded Madden 07 and 09, NBA 2k7, and Fifa 08 for Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and Dead Rising 2 Off the Record.

Couldnt find Vegas on their site. What was the price?
Posted Image