DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#31 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Someone please report back on the phone trade in!

#32 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Lol.

Thread Summary.

Phone trade in is YMMV as ad seems to say 30$ GC towards a new contract.

Game trade in appears legit, however it is unknown if 99 cent used games will work to net you the 20$ GC.

Plus we won't know about the $20 off until tomorrow when it starts.

#33 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Return the phone and get the $30 gift card back? :-s

lol i think this may actually be the first time i hear people getting banned from target:lol:

#34 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

lol i think this may actually be the first time i hear people getting banned from target:lol:

IATCG can go for the trifecta! lol

#35 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

No go in southern California. Called * my Target and they said the $30 trade is toward the purchase of a new phone only. Bummer.

* Yeah, yeahh, I know, don't call. But its 100+ degrees here and I'm not going out unless I need to.
Posted Image

#36 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

Someones gotta trade in some 99 cents games and report back to us

#37 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

:-({|=

#38 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'll try it first thing int he morning. Going to try to unload two old maddens. Then if that worked 2 burger king games at another target.

#39 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Have a worthless ps2 game (Corvette) and a worthless ds game(tecmo kickoff) laying around. Hope its any game, as thei combined trade in value is somewhere near $.50

If i can find Corvette, I think I gave it away a few weeks ago

Too bad the phone GC isnt good for everything, a MOTO SLVR is collecting dust

#40 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Have a worthless ps2 game (Corvette) and a worthless ds game(tecmo kickoff) laying around. Hope its any game, as thei combined trade in value is somewhere near $.50

i give you 1 bucks for both of them :) that is 100% more then you thought you get
WOOOO I STINK

#41 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Games must be current generation...although PS2 games are still sold I doubt that they'll qualify.

ALSO ... ANYONE NEW TO TARGET TRADE INS ... in the rare occassion that I have traded in to Target in the past I have been told that the maximum amount of games tradeable in one day is 2. I don't know if it is per Target but I wouldn't walk into a single Target store with 10 games in tow and expect it to work. Someone else with more experience please confirm.

#42 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

so madden 360 x 2? ;) im good to go
they cool with 2 of the same game?
and does current gen mean wii also? cuz that would be awesome also...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#43 Blackjack13

Blackjack13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

so madden 360 x 2? ;) im good to go
they cool with 2 of the same game?
and does current gen mean wii also? cuz that would be awesome also...

Why wouldn't Wii be counted? It's current gen.

#44 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

$20 off isn't a bad deal, but unless the games are on sale, it's sort of a pointless move. For example, Twisted Metal has recently been on sale for $40. If it's not on sale, then it's $60, and the $20 you net from trading in old games simply earns you the previous sale price. So unless you get an actual gift card or don't have to use the credit on the spot, it might be a good deal, but in some ways it seems much ado about nothing.
Posted Image

#45 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Why wouldn't Wii be counted? It's current gen.

10 year techology. Honestly Rouge Squadron looked better than all that shit release in the last 4 years.

#46 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

$20 off isn't a bad deal, but unless the games are on sale, it's sort of a pointless move. For example, Twisted Metal has recently been on sale for $40. If it's not on sale, then it's $60, and the $20 you net from trading in old games simply earns you the previous sale price. So unless you get an actual gift card or don't have to use the credit on the spot, it might be a good deal, but in some ways it seems much ado about nothing.

The wording of the ad makes it sound like it's done in the same transaction like how GS TIV offers work but i'm skeptical that the mobile Target trade in center is capable of processing the TIV/purchase in the same transaction.

I think it's going to be a gift card that gets issued.

#47 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

The wording of the ad makes it sound like it's done in the same transaction like how GS TIV offers work but i'm skeptical that the mobile Target trade in center is capable of processing the TIV/purchase in the same transaction.

I think it's going to be a gift card that gets issued.

It says that it must be redeemed the same day.

*Coupon must be redeemed for game at time of trade-in transaction, as coupon is only valid on that day*
Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

dont get too happy yet... GOOD LUCK FINDING A STORE
WOOOO I STINK

#49 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

anybody in stl know of any stores? the website isn't working for me right now..

#50 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

So does it have to be a current gen game?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#51 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yes it has to be a current gen (at least that's what it looks like so far... but obviously no official details yet)

And I would be incredibly surprised if Target offers this deal for any current gen game... I don't think they know what they're about to get into if this is the case...

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#52 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hopefully it's a $40+ game purchase, not a single game $40+. There's only one vita game you can buy over 40, no ds, no 3ds.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#53 htz

htz

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

I was informed by our Target Mobile representative that starting this Sunday (4/22) if you trade in any two games (current gen) you will receive a $20 off coupon for any video game priced over $40. The text on the flyer I read didn't seem to argue it so it may be a good time to unload some old sports games and what not.

And yes, I see this posted in the Target weekly ad post, but that doesn't seem to be generating a lot of traffic.

How come the OP in the other thread says coupon is valid on $29.99+ games but yours is $40+?

Hopefully it's a $40+ game purchase, not a single game $40+. There's only one vita game you can buy over 40, no ds, no 3ds.

The OP in the weekly ad thread has posted the official terms of the trade in.

Only at stores with Target Mobile. Hours vary by location. Visit www.Target.nextworth.com for store hours and location. Guest will be given a $20 coupon good towards the purchase of any videogame priced $29.99 or higher. Coupon must be redeemed for game at the tome of trade-in transaction, as coupon is only valid on that day. Discs must not be cracked or heavily scratched. Original artwork, case and manual required to receive coupon.

#54 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

How come the OP in the other thread says coupon is valid on $29.99+ games but yours is $40+?

The OP in the weekly ad thread has posted the official terms of the trade in.

It's $29.99, I have the ad in front of me.

#55 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

It's $29.99, I have the ad in front of me.

I can confirm this^
Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Target in stl? the one on south lindbergh/kirkwood has a mobile at it. so it's all good.
im gonna bring 2 1.99 madden 360 games from gamestop and pick up devil may cry hd collection for $25 total? thats good to me

hmmmm, none of the games i was gonna flip are giving me a quote on that page... hopefully it's a non issue...
ouch... that might be a deal breaker... haha, or it's giving me $1.11 tiv, which i guess is better than nothing

OMG plus target doesn't stock DMC HD?! cmon! throw me a freakn bone!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#57 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hell yes! I guess I'll be hitting up a bunch of targerts tomorrow for tales of the abyss 3ds, vita games. Wait I'm assuming you also get credit for the games you trade in to right. I've traded games in at target with promos and unless they hit a button selection for promos, before inputing game titles, the promo would not apply and there was no way to go back and fix transactions once they were done. Just a heads up for tomorrow.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#58 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Know mine has Target mobile. Gonna check this out for sure, might be a good time to get some Vita games
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hell yes! I guess I'll be hitting up a bunch of targerts tomorrow for tales of the abyss 3ds, vita games. Wait I'm assuming you also get credit for the games you trade in to right. I've traded games in at target with promos and unless they hit a button selection for promos, before inputing game titles, the promo would not apply and there was no way to go back and fix transactions once they were done. Just a heads up for tomorrow.

Not so sure about that. I think it's a straight $20 and not a bump of $20.

#60 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

The trade payment is in the form of a physical gift card they slide through the reader to load. Maybe the coupon prints out in the mountain of paper work that prints out for the transaction. Just hoping!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS