DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#61 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

The website is just listing every damn Target in existence, what does the Mobile thing actually look like?

#62 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

I had at least 3 pay as you go phones that work but are dead. (Who knows where their charges are) that I was hoping to trade in. Oh well...

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#63 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Based off of what they did for the $50 camera coupon promo - that took the place of any TIV credit. This sounds extremely similar and will most likely qualify for any games showing up on their trade in inventory page. I traded in a camera worth $1 and got a $50 off coupon - valid same day only.

#64 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

Damn, the one day I need to be in to work at 7am to cover for someone. Need to pick up a copy of HSG for vita...
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#65 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

The website is just listing every damn Target in existence, what does the Mobile thing actually look like?

It's the guy wandering around aimlessly in the electronics department with the black target shirt - as opposed to the red. The kiosk will be by the cell phones.

#66 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Check the hours for the weekdays. If you see different hours than the actual target store has, you know it has a mobile thing in it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Check the hours for the weekdays. If you see different hours than the actual target store has, you know it has a mobile thing in it.

Ahhh, now I see. Thank you :)

#68 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Why are posts being deleted for discussing game trade in limits??

#69 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

Ohhh...I forgot I had Bioshock 2 and MLB The Show 2010! Haven't played either of them and really don't care to, just picked up extremely cheap. :lol:
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#70 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

wow blazblu extend not sold in stores
DMC HD not sold in stores
Silent Hill HD not sold in stores
my 4->20 flip just died i think

and ha, why are posts being deleted? over zealous mod? we can't talk about trading in games in a trading in games thread?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#71 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Hmmm might have to buy a couple cheap games off Craigslist tomorrow and do this

#72 mr mellow

mr mellow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

and ha, why are posts being deleted? over zealous mod? we can't talk about trading in games in a trading in games thread?[/QUOTE]
Exactly the point i was trying to make. ridiculous!

#73 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

I'll be interested to see if they take my Madden '09 PS3 since it's not even listed on their trade-in page. Also vanilla Borderlands said it would trade in for 10 cents. Ha, at least it's on there.

AdmrlBalls.png

#74 VileEighty

VileEighty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm assuming you need the case + manual for Target trade ins?

3DS: 4527-7460-7138

#75 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hopefully it's a $40+ game purchase, not a single game $40+. There's only one vita game you can buy over 40, no ds, no 3ds.

Oh. That would be good. Clearance game Extravaganza!!!!!!!:applause:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#76 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

so they have NeverDead for $40. is that even worth $25ish?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#77 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

If any games that show up in their inventory are included, this would be great for me. Don't have AC:R or UC3 yet, so I'd love to clear out a couple old PS2/360 games for $20 worth of credit towards them.

#78 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

so they have NeverDead for $40. is that even worth $25ish?

From what I've heard, it might not be worth more than $10 :/
Different strokes for different folks, though

#79 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

yeah that's what i think. probly a rental. if i run through it and flip to bestbuy w bonus i will break even. but i dont know if i wanna risk it. damn. wish they had silent hill or dmc. oh wellz. i think im just out on this one.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#80 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Games must be current generation...although PS2 games are still sold I doubt that they'll qualify.

ALSO ... ANYONE NEW TO TARGET TRADE INS ... in the rare occassion that I have traded in to Target in the past I have been told that the maximum amount of games tradeable in one day is 2. I don't know if it is per Target but I wouldn't walk into a single Target store with 10 games in tow and expect it to work. Someone else with more experience please confirm.

The system itself does not have any limits built-in besides duplicate titles. Will not add dupes to the cart. I traded in a bunch of games when they had the 2 for $25 promo. Took in a bunch of TRU clearance DS and Wii games (forget the TRU sale that was going on) and GameCube games from GS B2G2 (?). I just took dupes to different stores. Same day. Got an iPad 2 out of the flips.

I'm assuming you need the case + manual for Target trade ins?

Needs to be complete to qualify for the promo. Can get a lower value for missing items when trading in for regular values.

BTW, the GCs they give you are not regular Target GCs (although they work for anything in the store). I mention this because they can't be combined, reloaded, etc.

#81 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

That's too bad about the phone promotion. Oh well, the types of phones they will take in trade are very limited anyway. The guy took one look in my box of phones and kindly directed me to a recycling bin. Considering the look on his face, I think I'm lucky they didn't charge me for the damn things. Oh well, at least I'm finally rid of them and they're not going to the dump.

so madden 360 x 2? ;) im good to go
they cool with 2 of the same game?
and does current gen mean wii also? cuz that would be awesome also...

Yes, Wii counts. And no, they only accept one copy of a game.

#82 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

That's too bad about the phone promotion. Oh well, the types of phones they will take in trade are very limited anyway. The guy took one look in my box of phones and kindly directed me to a recycling bin. Considering the look on his face, I think I'm lucky they didn't charge me for the damn things. Oh well, at least I'm finally rid of them and they're not going to the dump.

Every now and then Radio Shack runs a promo that gives $10 store credit for any phone that turns on and has a charger. No phone purchase required. I turned in about 15 phones I had laying around.

#83 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

well ya think giftcards will work online that day or must be instant use?

also i guess kinect adventures for 1.99 from gamestop won't work because it isn't in their system?
same with madden 09's for ps3/360?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#84 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Every now and then Radio Shack runs a promo that gives $10 store credit for any phone that turns on and has a charger. No phone purchase required. I turned in about 15 phones I had laying around.

really...hm I think I have many, useless phones laying around.

#85 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

IF this works with cheap games from GS to Target I may pick up Modnation Racers for PSV for $10....

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#86 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

well ya think giftcards will work online that day or must be instant use?

also i guess kinect adventures for 1.99 from gamestop won't work because it isn't in their system?
same with madden 09's for ps3/360?

The way it's reading is that it's a coupon (not GC) that must be used right then and there.

#87 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:55 AM

Sorry if the phone trade in was confusing or ymmv. I had talked to the mobile manager at the target where I work and he had said any phone as long as it turns on. He could have been misinformed or just blowing smoke, but it did in fact work without me having to buy a phone. Definitely going to try out the game promo in the morning though.

#88 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Sorry if the phone trade in was confusing or ymmv. I had talked to the mobile manager at the target where I work and he had said any phone as long as it turns on. He could have been misinformed or just blowing smoke, but it did in fact work without me having to buy a phone. Definitely going to try out the game promo in the morning though.

It probably worked in the same way the pre-order bonuses for game trade-ins work at BB. Not tied to each other in the system. Hope that mobile guy doesn't get in trouble over it.

#89 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

I could do this offer to get Rayman for $9.99 before tax. What two games would I take in though? Decisions decisions.

#90 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

I could do this offer to get Rayman for $9.99 before tax. What two games would I take in though? Decisions decisions.

Old sports titles is what I'm going to do.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png