DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#1051 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Don't buy Darkness II at Target. It's $20 at Best Buy, I think starting tomorrow.

is it a Deal of the Day item? Otherwise why would it drop in price mid week?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1052 kozi

kozi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

Got AC: Brotherhood, Darkness 2, and MGS HD collection all for $10 each!

how did you get MGS HD for $10? i see it for $40..

#1053 io

io

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Here you go:

Spoiler

Maybe, the OP needs to add a list of games currently priced $29.99 this week.

Thanks so much to the OP and all the CAGs, who have posted helpful information about this promotion.

I'll add it to the OP. The problem is that there simply aren't that many $29.99 games. That list pretty much covers them and any given Target may only have half of those in stock.

I was finally able to convince the guy at my local Target to use the "promo" code and I got rid of 3 PS2 and 1 DS game. This was the third different employee I've seen there in 3 days. He was pretty laid back about the whole thing and read the Promo details (which are in a tab on their browser page) and then went with it. He didn't even try to look them up and just ran them all as "Promo". He also let me enter my own ID info and said to put anything for the DL ID number. After I left I realized I could have used another name had I wanted - oh well ;). I'm sure he would have let me do more but the others I had brought were "legit" games (ie, in the system) that I only wanted to trade if they didn't take the generic ones. So now I can find more I want to get rid of and keep saving those in case whoever I get tomorrow won't do the "Promo" thing.

#1054 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

I wound up trading two useless games (TC:Rainbow Six Vegas & Unreal Tournament III) earlier today. The whole transaction went very smooth. Guy stated that I was limited to one trade in, but if I had someone with me that had another ID that we could run a second transaction.

I wound up picking up Fortune Street for the Wii of all things as I have been waiting to get this game on the cheap since December to no avail. I might have to go in a couple of more times to grab Uncharted: GA for the Vita & Fallout: NV Ultimate before Saturday!
Posted Image

#1055 io

io

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

I wound up picking up Fortune Street for the Wii of all things as I have been waiting to get this game on the cheap since December to no avail.

Is this game also $29.99? I might get that as I am running out of things to buy as well ;).

#1056 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Is this game also $29.99? I might get that as I am running out of things to buy as well ;).

47.99 according to target.com

I would get it if it was 29.99 as well.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1057 io

io

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

47.99 according to target.com

I would get it if it was 29.99 as well.

OK, didn't check there because of the prices not necessarily being the same but, yeah, that's far too much for that game. I'd get it for $10 (after coupon) but not $28.

I'll figure something out ;).

#1058 Roa

Roa

CAG Clone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

God of War Collection - PS3 is also $29.99 :) The one that includes God of War and God of War II. I traded in earlier and bought it. Total was $10.86, pretty happy ^^
Posted Image

#1059 Skyron

Skyron

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Can someone please explain how they'd get Target to price-match TRU's Metal Gear Solid HD price (with promo)? Just print screen the checkout price and hope for the best? If this works, you'd also be able to get The Witcher 2 disgustingly cheap.

#1060 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Can someone please explain how they'd get Target to price-match TRU's Metal Gear Solid HD price (with promo)? Just print screen the checkout price and hope for the best? If this works, you'd also be able to get The Witcher 2 disgustingly cheap.

I would like to know this also. My local store refuses to price match without a physical printed ad and my local store didn't get any this week.

#1061 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

You would hope, I hope it's just my store but the Mobile rep refused me again today (2 days in a row) on any game she couldn't pull up in her system. If she has the memo, then she should be able to do it.

All she has to do is pull up the current promotions, it explains to use promo game in a search if the game isnt listed. its simple though they seem to not trust how simple it actully is. Whomever set up the promotion, made it idiot proof, but still there are those who can still F it up.

#1062 dubldave

dubldave

mmm, savingsss...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Bummed, my source for a Best Buy ad recycled it already. #-o No SSX for me.

I did pick up a bunch of Mario DS games that I didn't have and Rayman Origins so that's a score. Turned a box of nothing into $80 so far. \\:D/

I was not able to get points cards or combine games under $29.99 though. Said no item found when trying to use the coupon. :error:

My guys have been awesome, let me do as many as I want, don't know how much is really left that I want. They don't have AC V or MvC 3 Ultimate in stock, don't really want anything else atm. I really want to get rid the rest of my low end games though... Dilemas dilemas! :-k

#1063 JawnMan

JawnMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Traded in 6 games for 3 coupons at the same time yesterday.
The Target mobile guy was really nice. He just did three separate transactions and gave me the coupons all at once.

Two of my games were MGS2 and MGS3. Those didn't come up on the system. So I told him to input "Promo Game" and he was surprised to have seen that come up. He didn't ask any questions though and proceeded to ring the games up.

I wish all employees were like that.

Walked out with Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, and MGS HD.
Playing:

:ds: - Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth
:psp: - LittleBigPlanet, Pinball Arcade
:ps3: - Enchanted Arms
:pc: - Inversion, Civilization V

Posted Image

#1064 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I don't see how you (technically) exploiting the deal x5 is YMMV. I was able to trade in two sets right before 8pm when the mobile section closes.

No, I'm just saying that this should be straight forward. Either you go in, do this once and you're done. Or go in and do this X (where x = limit) amount of times and you're done. Or go in and complete as many trades as you want. There are no rules - I could probably take drive to Chicago and hit every Target I can find and be told different things in every store. That's the YMMV part of it.

The manager of the phone kiosk at my said "he didn't want to get into trouble" - I asked if someone told him that there is a limit of one and he said no. So if they have the ability to make up rules at a store level, then this is right up there with Wal-Mart clearances as the most YMMV type deal we can have.

He also said that I could only do 5 trade-ins a day at any time, so I know if Target has some fantastic trade-in deal down the road that I may already be SOL.

#1065 grangergamer

grangergamer

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Bummed, my source for a Best Buy ad recycled it already. #-o No SSX for me.

Does anyone know if Target will price-match SSX for the 360 if the PS3 version is the one listed in the Best Buy ad? The 360 version is also on sale for $39.99 this week.

I suppose I could get a copy of Uncharted 3 to use with the BB 50% trade-in promo, but that would still be a bit more expensive and possibly time consuming.

#1066 shytface

shytface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Has anyone had luck trading in a multiplatform version of a game that's not on their website, for example I have Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance on Xbox but only the PS2 version is listed on their site. Also Mercenaries 2 (I have PS3, only 360 is listed) and Madden 08 PS3, for some reason they'll take OG Xbox/Gamecube versions of Madden 08 but the PS3 one isn't listed lol.

I guess I could ask them to ring up an Xbox version as a PS2 version or something and maybe they'd go for it?

#1067 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

I wound up trading two useless games (TC:Rainbow Six Vegas & Unreal Tournament III) earlier today.

Wait, did you really just say that Rainbow Six Vegas is worthless? Monetarily, yes, but that's one of the greatest games ever made! "You need aloe!"
Posted Image

#1068 TerpsJunkie

TerpsJunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Has anyone had luck trading in a multiplatform version of a game that's not on their website, for example I have Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance on Xbox but only the PS2 version is listed on their site. Also Mercenaries 2 (I have PS3, only 360 is listed) and Madden 08 PS3, for some reason they'll take OG Xbox/Gamecube versions of Madden 08 but the PS3 one isn't listed lol.

I guess I could ask them to ring up an Xbox version as a PS2 version or something and maybe they'd go for it?

See OP about games not in database.
Posted Image

#1069 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Does anyone know if Target will price-match SSX for the 360 if the PS3 version is the one listed in the Best Buy ad? The 360 version is also on sale for $39.99 this week.

I questioned that myself a few days ago when I had them price match Kingdoms of Amular. It didn't say 360 on sale in the BB flyer, though it is (which is weird...it usually shows the picture of one system and says the other system is also incuded). Anyway, the dude just saw it was the same game and easily price matched it. So you'll probably be ok.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#1070 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Do I have to have the a physical copy of the TRU ad to get price matched for the 10 dollars off any 39.99 game?

Also it has been reported that buying two $20 MS$ doesn't work anymore, but buying the $50 card will? Anyone anything about this? Gonna try after work today, gotta find all my old ps2 games.

#1071 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

I don't know if it has been mentioned but for those of you who are thinking of picking up Uncharted 3, the GOTY edition has been announced. ( If DLC matters for you. )

#1072 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

might be a good time to trade in the Jak games I have for PS2 since the collection is out on PS3

#1073 manoverboard21

manoverboard21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

All she has to do is pull up the current promotions, it explains to use promo game in a search if the game isnt listed. its simple though they seem to not trust how simple it actully is. Whomever set up the promotion, made it idiot proof, but still there are those who can still F it up.

That's what I'm saying, it shouldn't be any harder that reading the rules, but I can't get her to budge. I contacted NextWorth, they are suppose to be emailing me a memo I can bring in to show to her. If I get it, I will share it here. Kinda pissed, because yesterday was the last day that GameStop had Goldeneye for $29.99

#1074 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Do I have to have the a physical copy of the TRU ad to get price matched for the 10 dollars off any 39.99 game?

Also it has been reported that buying two $20 MS$ doesn't work anymore, but buying the $50 card will? Anyone anything about this? Gonna try after work today, gotta find all my old ps2 games.

Given what I was told at 3 different stores you DEFINITELY need a physical copy of the ad. They were adamant about it and would not match ANYTHING else other than a physical copy of the original ad (no print-outs allowed).

#1075 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Over 1k replies, most detailing ymmv or how they had to walk the associate through it. I deem this too much trouble for what it's worth. At least to me.

#1076 skkared4life

skkared4life

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Just to confirm, ymmv on trading in multiple games. Do it quickly before they realize it's one coupon, per day. Emeryville sure did. Albany, CA has unlimited transactions (so far). I need suggestions; Im currently buying UNcharted 3's, selling them on amazon new &. Making 13$ every transaction. I'm planning on making $250 by the end of all of it, but are their alternatives?

#1077 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Just to confirm, ymmv on trading in multiple games. Do it quickly before they realize it's one coupon, per day. Emeryville sure did. Albany, CA has unlimited transactions (so far). I need suggestions; Im currently buying UNcharted 3's, selling them on amazon new &. Making 13$ every transaction. I'm planning on making $250 by the end of all of it, but are their alternatives?

Best buy trade to amazon gift cards.

#1078 skkared4life

skkared4life

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Best buy trade to amazon gift cards.

I understand the concept but you're limited to one game what games flip besides uncharted 3 which nets you 28.88 w/ unlocked ?

#1079 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Is the $20 coupon like an extra bonus for trading in two games? So if I trade in an extra Uncharted 3 I have, and some other game, do I get the money for the trade in for those games plus the 20 dollar coupon? Or just the 20 dollar coupon?

#1080 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Over 1k replies, most detailing ymmv or how they had to walk the associate through it. I deem this too much trouble for what it's worth. At least to me.

Well, $20 is worth teaching for 10 seconds. I traded in MLB The Show 10 (which would've netted me $.75) and Bulletstorm (which would've gotten me $1 something) and got $20. The game selection for me was slim, and if I hadn't done it so late I would've went to another Target, but I grabbed New Vegas Ultimate for $19.