DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#1291 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

My Target is very picky also, they require the actual ad. I had been shot down in the past without ad from a Sunday paper for example, but I printed the PDF and figured I'd give it another shot. The rep behind the customer service desk couldn't of cared less, but she had to call over a manager to override the price. She asked if it was the entire ad, and I told her it sure was, and she punched it right through. I was prepared to be shot down, but was pretty glad it worked.

I'll have to keep that in mind for future reference. Thanks for the quick reply.

#1292 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

I'm hoping to get at least three games with this deal by Saturday. Being a Target Mobile rep, I am not able to trade in games for myself, so I have to go in when my manager is working.

Many of you have had an easy time with the promotion and I feel bad for those of you who get stuck with lazy d-bags who are giving you grief. I've been taking games whether they have manuals or not and giving out how ever many coupons a person wanted - no one ever told me it was "once a day" or any other BS like that. I gave some guy 3 coupons today. The electronics employees were mesmerized by actually seeing so many games being traded in. But the Nextworth servers have been running INCREDIBLY slow at certain times, probably because they never imagined so many people would be trading stuff in all at once. So try not to snap a disc in half and shank the rep with it - it's not our fault! :)

UyUhMmy.png

#1293 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

man ive never had a backlog before...then i joined cag

#1294 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

That's complete crap that some of you guys are having issues with the CSRs not entering the "promo" option for games not in their trade list.

It does suck, but at least for me I can't blame the guy. He would of done what he could to help me, but didn't want to get in trouble. Said if he can get his DM to answer his phone or get ahold of some official memo (not the one posted here. One like from their email system or something that he can access) he would of done it.

Yes. The same place they enter the name of the game is where they type PROMO GAME. Just has to be entered under the Wii section if it's a Wii game, etc...
If possible, try and go between 9am-5pm, in case you have to call them. (888) 969-4763

Thank you for being so helpful. I'll tell him if he could search for "Promo Game" and see if that works. Though hopefully he gets the OK and me telling him is not needed. I'll def go in the morning. If it's still a no go, I'll either call or do to a different Target. Unless the other Target gives me the same result then I'll call :P I just really want to get rid of these Xbox games lol.

#1295 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

It does suck, but at least for me I can't blame the guy. He would of done what he could to help me, but didn't want to get in trouble. Said if he can get his DM to answer his phone or get ahold of some official memo (not the one posted here. One like from their email system or something that he can access) he would of done it.

Thank you for being so helpful. I'll tell him if he could search for "Promo Game" and see if that works. Though hopefully he gets the OK and me telling him is not needed. I'll def go in the morning. If it's still a no go, I'll either call or do to a different Target. Unless the other Target gives me the same result then I'll call :P I just really want to get rid of these Xbox games lol.

You're welcome!:D You'll get it. Just don't take 'no' as an answer.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1296 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

I read half of this and thought to myself "ugh...probably gonna turn into a Skyrim joke...."

#1297 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Went to two different stores today and both tried to deny the trade in as none of the games were on the list. Thanks to all the posts, I told the CSR to click on the Promotions Tab. There is specific instructions when done that tells them if a game is not found to enter "promo game" to push the trade in through. Both guys were really surprised but after they read that I didn't have a problem.

#1298 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

Picked up :360:LA Noire Complete and :ps3: GoW Collections after traded in some old xbox games. The guy working the mobile section was really cool about the promo, and let me trade in all 4 games.

Probably gonna trade in my 2 GOW ps2 games now since I got the better ones.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1299 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

Went to two different stores today and both tried to deny the trade in as none of the games were on the list. Thanks to all the posts, I told the CSR to click on the Promotions Tab. There is specific instructions when done that tells them if a game is not found to enter "promo game" to push the trade in through. Both guys were really surprised but after they read that I didn't have a problem.

Thanks for posting this additional information. Do you happen to know where the "Promotions Tab" is located? I'm sure it's easy to find, but just want to walk the employee through it just in case. I'll be sure to mention this too if it helps me.

#1300 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

When they are in the screen to type the name of the game you are trying to trade in, I believe there are three tabs right above. I think the first one says application, then something else, then promotions. If they click on that tab, it lists all the different promotions they are running. The first one has to do with an Ipad offer. The trade in offer is listed 2nd and the 2nd to last line of the instructions lists the entering "promo game" for games not found.

#1301 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Haha the rep at my local target recognizes me now. I walk in, give him the games and then browse the games. He even makes up fake aliases for me. Its a great system. I've had some good convos with him now lol.

#1302 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Going to pick up another game after school tomorrow. What do you guys recommend? Rayman Origins, Dead Island, or Portal 2?
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1303 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

lolol

#1304 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

When they are in the screen to type the name of the game you are trying to trade in, I believe there are three tabs right above. I think the first one says application, then something else, then promotions. If they click on that tab, it lists all the different promotions they are running. The first one has to do with an Ipad offer. The trade in offer is listed 2nd and the 2nd to last line of the instructions lists the entering "promo game" for games not found.

Actually. It was at the top of the screen. I was like....YOU SEE THAT!!!!!!!!

The words about entering promo game were plain as day. All he had to do was enter that in the search bar...which must have been rocket science.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1305 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

I'm hoping to get at least three games with this deal by Saturday. Being a Target Mobile rep, I am not able to trade in games for myself, so I have to go in when my manager is working.

Many of you have had an easy time with the promotion and I feel bad for those of you who get stuck with lazy d-bags who are giving you grief. I've been taking games whether they have manuals or not and giving out how ever many coupons a person wanted - no one ever told me it was "once a day" or any other BS like that. I gave some guy 3 coupons today. The electronics employees were mesmerized by actually seeing so many games being traded in. But the Nextworth servers have been running INCREDIBLY slow at certain times, probably because they never imagined so many people would be trading stuff in all at once. So try not to snap a disc in half and shank the rep with it - it's not our fault! :)

Finally-a real rep CAG...awesome! Prepare to be interviewed lol. My question is-who are these District managers that some on here have said told the mobile reps not to accept games not on the list, no ifs, ands, or buts? Are they NextWorth district managers or Radio Shack managers? I'm confused as to how the two operate together and who exactly the Target mobile reps answer to. Cuz an earlier post tells of a manger running the kiosk and refusing to look at the Nextworth email that has been posted here.

#1306 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

Wait, so the reps are only there at 12? Because I'm going around 11, it's the only time I can go :/

#1307 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

So if my Target is on the target.nextworth.com list (where it says find a store), I can do this promo, right? Where do I take the games? I have a metric fuckton of XBox (OG) that I could unload.

#1308 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

So if my Target is on the target.nextworth.com list (where it says find a store), I can do this promo, right? Where do I take the games? I have a metric fuckton of XBox (OG) that I could unload.

Go to the electronics where they sell the cell phones and look for an employee with a black shirt. They'll help you out

#1309 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:58 AM

I wonder if you can price match after you used the coupon?

Cause Target has a 7 day PM policy.

Like for instance...if I bought Disney Universe for $29.99 + Tax
Used the coupon
and paid $9.99+ Tax

Could I PM BB's current 19.99 price and be refunded the $9.99 I spent out of pocket?

Edit:
Can I use coupons when price matching?
A guest can use coupons when price matching per Target's normal coupon policy. When the guests presents a coupon(s), these steps will be followed:

Manufacturer Coupons:
Manufacturer coupons will be applied after the price match is made.

Target Coupons:
Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

Combining both a Target and Manufacturer Coupons:
The Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied.

Reminder: We accept one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item unless either coupon prohibits it.

Target does not ad match a competitors coupon-required offers.

Edited by iduncurr, 26 April 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#1310 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

Finally-a real rep CAG...awesome! Prepare to be interviewed lol. My question is-who are these District managers that some on here have said told the mobile reps not to accept games not on the list, no ifs, ands, or buts? Are they NextWorth district managers or Radio Shack managers? I'm confused as to how the two operate together and who exactly the Target mobile reps answer to. Cuz an earlier post tells of a manger running the kiosk and refusing to look at the Nextworth email that has been posted here.

Here's the food chain and low down on Target Mobile:

District Manager (mine oversees 18 stores in the Metro Detroit area)
Kiosk Manager
Kiosk Associate - That's me

Nextworth is just a partner of Target and RadioShack. We never talk to or answer to NextWorth. Target Mobile is owned and operated by Radio Shack. None of us are technically Target employees - although we can ring up guests on Target registers and "act" as Target employees. So if a guest asks us for assistance for something other than cell phones, we are obligated to help as best we can. We also enjoy both Radio Shack and Target emp. discounts. As far as being told not to accept games on the list, that is something that hasn't happened in our district. Actually, my DM hasn't even brought up the trade in promotion once in any of this week's e-mails. Hopefully I answered your question :)

UyUhMmy.png

#1311 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

Used the coupon
and paid $9.99+ Tax

Could I PM BB's current 19.99 price and be refunded the $9.99 I spent out of pocket?

Probably not. Because the coupon is for $20 off $29.99+ video games, if you pricematched it, the coupon wouldn't work.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1312 sageridder

sageridder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

not an expert but don't think so.target coupons are applied before the price match then price is adjusted if competitor's price is still lower. while a manufacture's coupon on the other hand is applied after. again not an expert just how I read their posted policy.

Used the coupon
and paid $9.99+ Tax

#1313 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Probably not. Because the coupon is for $20 off $29.99+ video games, if you pricematched it, the coupon wouldn't work.

That's why I was wondering if I could PM after it was bought.
Cause on the receipt it's just a generic "Coupon $20 off" listing.

So I buy it at the electronics counter...go to customer service and PM?

#1314 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

How are you guys getting these 19.99 games free? Manager override??? I tried for ME2 for PS3 and it wouldn't work with coupon. And yes, I had another 29.99 game in the same transaction so the total wouldn't end up being $0.00 if it had worked.

Did you use 2 coupons? I just did a 2 coupon transaction with Jurassic park $29.90 pre coupon and DQM2 $10.48 pre coupon and paid $9.90 plus tax for both those as expected.

Edited by karkyco, 26 April 2012 - 06:37 AM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1315 lastdinosaur17

lastdinosaur17

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

Well, Today I was able to PM Posted ImageKingdoms of Amalur from 59.99 to 39.99 (had to bring in a BB ad) and was able to add the $20 coupon bringing my total to 19.99

It was a good day. :bouncy:

#1316 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

Oh one more thing, since the coupons get void the day after, can we take it to a different Target store and use it there? Say if a game is not in stock at one location but the other etc.

The coupons are good only the day they are printed. So while they are generic for that day, they are specific only to the date on them. Nthey will work at any store for the day they are valid but will come up expired the next day.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1317 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

Well, Today I was able to PM Posted ImageKingdoms of Amalur from 59.99 to 39.99 (had to bring in a BB ad) and was able to add the $20 coupon bringing my total to 19.99

It was a good day. :bouncy:

I did the same, the only problem is even with PM it is still over $29.99

Disney Universe's PM is $19.99
Fuck it, I'll try it anyways.

It has a decent TIV of $13 at BB right now anyways.

#1318 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

I've had a hell of a time getting the "missed coupons" applied to previous purchases, at least to the DS3 bundles ive picked up on clearance over the past couple of weeks. I've had to return/rebuy them to get them for $9.98 and still have a couple more left to do.

I'm to the point I'm looking at the $19.99 greatest hits shelf but it mostly sucks. I also don't want to pay $20 AC for 3DS and PSVita games lol, at $10 I would clean out every store but 50% off just isn't cutting it for me damn I'm greedy. Although I will probably get Tales of the Abyss for $20 AC. It's just too bad the TRU ad isnt $10 off all $39.99 and up games not just PS3 and X360. I also wish I could find Jak and Daxter, Silent Hill, and Shadows of the Damned in store but oh well. At least I'll load up on gifts for the next year or so with these, not like any are really worth it to flip or resell.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1319 ilifecomputer

ilifecomputer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

I did the same, the only problem is even with PM it is still over $29.99

Disney Universe's PM is $19.99
Fuck it, I'll try it anyways.

It has a decent TIV of $13 at BB right now anyways.

Me and my girl have a ton of fun with Disney Universe. Its a cool party game for all disney fans!

#1320 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

I've had a hell of a time getting the "missed coupons" applied to previous purchases, at least to the DS3 bundles ive picked up on clearance over the past couple of weeks. I've had to return/rebuy them to get them for $9.98 and still have a couple more left to do.

Eh, at least you managed to get them to do the return/rebuy. All the stores I went to today wouldn't even try. The mobile reps were also way stricter than the ones when I went on Monday. Now I see why some of the other SoCal CAG's were having such trouble with this promo.