DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#1411 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

After going to my nearby target I was informed that his system was down, and that I could come in tomorrow and do the trade if it was working. I also tried to confirm that he would do "Any" game, and he said it was from a select list. I wasn't going to fight it though since I wasn't trading in at the time.

#1412 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

After going to my nearby target I was informed that his system was down, and that I could come in tomorrow and do the trade if it was working. I also tried to confirm that he would do "Any" game, and he said it was from a select list. I wasn't going to fight it though since I wasn't trading in at the time.

Going to go try my local target here in 15min have 6 games going to try and trade them all in at once

#1413 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Got back from target. only got 1 coupon since 2 of my games i brought in got denied because it wasnt in the list. associate said she cant do the promo game thing even though the option was there and just come back tomorrow when her manager is there. I didnt press on the issue since she was pregnant and seemed nice.

I guess i was dealing with the manager this last couple of days i was trading thats why he knew all about the options and didnt give me a hard time.

tomorrow will be another story. hehe! finally cave in and got myself DISNEY UNIVERSE.

#1414 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

I didnt press on the issue since she was pregnant ...

Never press an issue with a pregnant woman. They're crazy! :bouncy:

#1415 lude21

lude21

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hmm....glad i traded in my 8 games yesterday. So in the end 14 games, 7 coupons....ya, im done, lol.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1416 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Came home again empty handed. Wasn't denied. System was down and it crashed while the lady tried to give it another try. She was leaving when I caught her cause she couldn't sell phones or do trades. She was told by her DM that it should be fixed in about an hour but will go in later when the guy I talked to yesterday is working. I saw the Promotion tab that was mentioned earlier so she was gonna honor it if it didn't crash. Hopefully it works later today.

#1417 leidout

leidout

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

So the coupon works on any game regardless of whether it's $29.99 or not? So I could get a $19.99 game free, but it would be YMMV depending on the clerk, right?

Yup, I used it one on an 11.98 clearance game and it just came out as free (no extra savings though).

#1418 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Bad news. They changed it again and now the yellow box says "Limit one promotion per customer."

That would be my luck... after striking out with old sports games on Sunday and again on Monday, I figured I'd go today (couldn't go on Tuesdays/Wednesday) and of course, the deal's now hindered.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1419 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

ughh. I hate being a collector. I can't bring myself to get rid of mint madden games. I know they aren't worth anything, but I can't part with them.

Don't have any games in your life you wouldn't part with in a split second when you spot the deal coming around the corner.

(Props on who can spot that reference)

#1420 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Traded in 2 DS games from the bestbuy glitch, about to do 2 more but they didn't show up on the list and the girl wouldn't wanna use the promo code. It's all good. Ended up getting 2 clearance games Infamous and Medieval Move for $9.

#1421 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Don't have any games in your life you wouldn't part with in a split second when you spot the deal coming around the corner.

(Props on who can spot that reference)

40 yr old virgin? hehe!

thats the only movie i can think of that has a collection and parting with them...

#1422 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Just left my local target with 4 coupons. Girl working at the McAllen tx south target rocks hard gone 3 days in a row and she is like you don't got any more I'm like no I ran out and had I go buy more traded them in with GameStop bag and with 99cent price tags lol awesome she don't even check the game she just clicks on promo 1 and promo 2. And she still tells me that the promo is till sat.

#1423 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Any feedback from San Diego Targets?

#1424 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Meh. Is it worth it to get any of these - Kid Icarus, Mario kart 7/3DS, Super Mario Land 3D, Zelda OOT, Metal Gear 3DS, Pokemon Gold/Silver for $20 each AC? Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Mario & Luigi etc. for $15 AC? The other 1st party Nintendo DS games for $10 AC?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1425 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

FYI GameStop has buy 2 game cube game get one free

#1426 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Traded in 12 games for 6 coupons.
I was waiting for the guy to see the big yellow box saying 1 per household but he called his manager if there was a trade-in limit and the manager said, "Nope."

Picked up Assassin's Creed Revelations for both console
Gears of War 3
Left 4 Dead 2
Sonic Generations (360)
and Disney Universe (PS3)
for $10 a pop (about $65 total cause of tax)

Attempted the coupon and price match on the Disney Universe and the ladies at Customer service were super nice and tried to PM and utilize the coupon but the system wouldn't allow it since the price $19.99 is less then the $20 coupon.
=(

Honestly, I just got AC:R to get back the one I traded in earlier at GS and another for another trade tomorrow to see if I can do this process over again.

Different workers, different results.

#1427 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

I was able to trade in 2 games last night and get UC3; the clerk actually called his supervisor/somebody before processing the other 2 games to make sure he would get credit. Even though he figured he could do it, since it would be the same ID he didn't want to and said I should have no problem at another store. Not a big deal, since Uncharted was hard to find around here. Gears is readily available.
Posted Image

#1428 AversionX

AversionX

Hail Sithis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

Manager on duty today let me use it on 20 dollar games. I literally payed 20 cents (tax) for Rage Anarchy Edition and Dark Souls (PS3)

#1429 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ugh, just got rejected for games not on the website.

#1430 i MarK i

i MarK i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Saw some interesting prices for vita games. Fifa, Marvel vs Capcom and MLB 12 all were $29.99 temporary sale. Results would be $10 vita games after trade in. Going to grab a few and call it quits with this fiasco.

Whoa which Target was this? :cold:

#1431 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Any feedback from San Diego Targets?

Only one I'm trying to do it on is the one in Chula Vista on Broadway. Haven't done any yet. Their internet was acting up and was told to come back cause she was told it would be fixed in an hour. Probably try again in a bit.

#1432 phishhead220

phishhead220

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I returned to my Target again after the system being down last night. This time the transaction went through after 20 minutes of waiting due to a slow computer and the guy calling his manager, but the printer didn't work so he couldn't print the coupon. I'm debating if I'm going to even try tomorrow.

#1433 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Wtf I'm gonna go today. Sad they placed a limit :(

#1434 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

I returned to my Target again after the system being down last night. This time the transaction went through after 20 minutes of waiting due to a slow computer and the guy calling his manager, but the printer didn't work so he couldn't print the coupon. I'm debating if I'm going to even try tomorrow.

At one I went to around noon today (Culver City mall) the printer was dying, finally managed to get it to spit out the coupon with yellow colored Target logos instead of red. Don't care as long as it works, and it does.

1. If you need cheap games go to Gamestop and buy some PS2/GC cheapos.
2. If they are disc only make sure they at least come with a generic DVD case and print new inserts out for them at www.thecoverproject.net. Fold up an extra insert and some instructions on the game from gamefaqs or somewhere as a manual if necessary.
3. If they give you grief on games not coming up in the system have them look at the banner at the top of their screen, the printout of the Nextworth email, or have them look at the actual details of this promotion on their screen. All will indicate that they should use promo game for the system in question.
4. If they give you a limit, well now the banner at the top of their screen states "limit one per customer". So be thankful if you can get away with more at one location, and accept it if you can't.

Edited by io, 26 April 2012 - 10:44 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1435 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I was hoping to get 2 WoW cards based on reports from a previous post

I was turned down because they are not "PC Games," and even the computer wouldn't allow it. Good thing I only did one of my 2 planned trades before finding that out!

#1436 io

io

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Please stop talking about selling (or even trading in) the games you are getting from this deal and 100% stop talking about possible abuse of the coupon. The former is merely off-topic and annoying, while the latter is considered fraud.

I just deleted a bunch of posts to clean up the thread a bit.

As for trading them in or selling them or whatever, look, no one cares what you do with your own games. As I have said in the past about other cheap game deals, I don't care if you buy up all the ($29.99) games and make a fort out of them in your back yard. Just keep it to yourself.

#1437 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Traded in 2 sets just now. The girl said one transaction per customer, but I had my wife with me for the 2nd set. Picked up Rage and Deus Ex in one transaction for $10 total. Rage was on shelf @ $29.99 but when he scanned he said, "I guess you get Rage for free. It's only $20."

Edit: games I traded were :360: Enslaved, :360: MLB 2k8, :360: Madden 10, :xbox: Ninja Gaiden Black

#1438 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Ahhhhh sonofabitch. After seeing all of the YMMVness of the random games and the fact that the rep at the further Target was being a toolbag on Tuesday(telling me I had to go to customer service if the games didn't come up in the system) I waited to see if that was resolved.

Looks like I waited too long. Oh well.

I'll still try and do one set of two games tomorrow and then hopefully use the coupon one ONE controller bundle, but then I think the rest are gonna(hopefully) be traded into my local shop for hopefully $40 each to cover the one I'll probably keep.:cry:

I normally never procrastinate this much on a deal, but I just couldn't justify going to either Target if it was gonna be YMMV on doing random games and not having to try and buy shit from GS that qualified to dump or dig into my backlog and eliminate games.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1439 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Meh. Is it worth it to get any of these - Kid Icarus, Mario kart 7/3DS, Super Mario Land 3D, Zelda OOT, Metal Gear 3DS, Pokemon Gold/Silver for $20 each AC? Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Mario & Luigi etc. for $15 AC? The other 1st party Nintendo DS games for $10 AC?

Kid Icarus is actually pretty good. It's a lot better than I thought it would be, though the controls are mixed but not horrible.

Super Mario 3D Land is good too, though I like Kid Icarus more. Has a lot of levels, and if you try to get all the star coins and gold flags, you'll get a lot of play time out of it.

I'd definitely skip Metal Gear 3D and Mario Kart 7. Metal Gear has a lot of graphical issues, though it has better controls than the HD and original versions. Mario Kart 7 wasn't very enjoyable for me; the selection of levels wasn't very good, the VS. modes kind of suck compared to older games... way over-rated in my opinion- like a 6/10.

Zelda Oot and Pokemon HG&SS are both really good remakes, so I'd say they're worth it, though they're pretty much the same as the originals. HG&SS do have a lot more content in them though.

Pokemon B&W weren't bad. I had mixed feelings about them. So far only beaten the main game and haven't done anything else in them.

The best games are prolly Super Mario 3D, Kid Icarus, and Zelda OoT.

#1440 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

After waiting 15 minuets, I was just denied a trade for games that aren't listed in the system. They refused to use the promo code and said their boss and had said not to use it. They refused to let me talk to their supervisor and just gave me a paper with an 888 # to call which conveniently was already closed.