CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

You guys seriously expect the coupons to stack? Lol

#122 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Stranger things have happened with Target promos before. See: B2G1 on games ending up a BOGO and the $14.39 PS+ one year subscriptions.

Although I believe that other one was people getting them to match the price in their print ad and not a system glitch.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#123 htz

htz

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

People are getting too excited to realize it is a $20 off $29.99+ game coupon instead of a $20 off coupon for any game. The best that would come out of it being able to stack is 1 $59.99 game for $19.99 with 2 coupons. I'm not sure there is a $59.99 game worth 2 $20 off coupon and still having to pay another $20 to get besides skyrim.:roll:

#124 martin8me

martin8me

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

People are getting too excited to realize it is a $20 off $29.99+ game coupon instead of a $20 off coupon for any game. The best that would come out of it being able to stack is 1 $59.99 game for $19.99 with 2 coupons. I'm not sure there is a $59.99 game worth 2 $20 off coupon and still having to pay another $20 to get besides skyrim.:roll:

If I can trade in sports games I'm ganna use the coupon for Dragon's Dogma ;)

#125 htz

htz

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

If I can trade in sports games I'm ganna use the coupon for Dragon's Dogma ;)

Uh... You do realize the coupon must be used the same day you get it, right? Unless that winking smiley means something...;)

#126 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hey can someone help me. I don't understand how you can tell by reading the store hours if its a Target Mobile store.
I am visiting some family on Sunday and the zip will be around 91406.
Maybe someone who understands how you read the hours could enter that zip and see if there's one around there.
I would be very thankful for the help.

#127 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

does every target do trade ins now I never heard of target doing trade ins before
currently playing witcher 2(360),dmc hd collection(ps3),persona 4(ps2)

#128 htz

htz

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hey can someone help me. I don't understand how you can tell by reading the store hours if its a Target Mobile store.
I am visiting some family on Sunday and the zip will be around 91406.
Maybe someone who understands how you read the hours could enter that zip and see if there's one around there.
I would be very thankful for the help.

http://www.target.ne...ance=50&search=

Any stores listed in that link should have a Target mobile near the zip code you gave out. To double check make sure the store hours and the hours listed in that link for Sunday which is today, is different. EX: Store opens at 8AM but Target Mobile opens at 11AM.

does every target do trade ins now I never heard of target doing trade ins before

http://www.target.nextworth.com/
^Use that link to search for a target mobile near you. Not all target locations have them, and they are only open at certain hours.

#129 io

io

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Uh... You do realize the coupon must be used the same day you get it, right? Unless that winking smiley means something...;)

See, now I didn't know this - it isn't clear from reading the first page or so. The OP says you get a coupon. To me, that means it is usable at a later time. I was actually going to ask if anyone knew when it expired, but I just figured since it wasn't posted no one knew yet and we'd find out tomorrow.

Is there a link to the actual promo anywhere? I can't find it on the trading site at Target (where I can check store trade hours and such).

Edit: Ah, OK, it is in the fine print posted in the Target weekly ad thread (I never read those since the deals are almost always above what I'd pay for anything). But, uh, yeah, this belongs in the OP of this thread since it is a critical piece of info. And that makes this deal much less useful to me. Frankly, getting $20 off a $60 game isn't all that exciting even if the 2 games I'm trading in are worthless to me. However, as a counterpoint, I just noticed that in the fine print the game can be $29.99 or over (meaning the ability to get a $29.99 game for $9.99). The OP said $40 or above (which to me meant $49.99+ really, since $39.99 and under would be excluded). So maybe there is some use to this after all. Of course I'll have to see if it is all over due to abuse by the time I can get there in the evening ;).

I will add the text to the OP by the way - it should have been there from the beginning (CAG deal posting 101: provide all the details).

#130 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

http://www.target.ne...ance=50&search=

Any stores listed in that link should have a Target mobile near the zip code you gave out. To double check make sure the store hours and the hours listed in that link for Sunday which is today, is different. EX: Store opens at 8AM but Target Mobile opens at 11AM.

http://www.target.nextworth.com/
^Use that link to search for a target mobile near you. Not all target locations have them, and they are only open at certain hours.

Thanks for the help.
Much appreciated

#131 htz

htz

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

See, now I didn't know this - it isn't clear from reading the first page or so. The OP says you get a coupon. To me, that means it is usable at a later time. I was actually going to ask if anyone knew when it expired, but I just figured since it wasn't posted no one knew yet and we'd find out tomorrow.

Is there a link to the actual promo anywhere? I can't find it on the trading site at Target (where I can check store trade hours and such).

Edit: Ah, OK, it is in the fine print posted in the Target weekly ad thread (I never read those since the deals are almost always above what I'd pay for anything). But, uh, yeah, this belongs in the OP of this thread since it is a critical piece of info. And that makes this deal much less useful to me. Frankly, getting $20 off a $60 game isn't all that exciting even if the 2 games I'm trading in are worthless to me. However, as a counterpoint, I just noticed that in the fine print the game can be $29.99 or over (meaning the ability to get a $29.99 game for $9.99). The OP said $40 or above (which to me meant $49.99+ really, since $39.99 and under would be excluded). So maybe there is some use to this after all. Of course I'll have to see if it is all over due to abuse by the time I can get there in the evening ;).

I will add the text to the OP by the way - it should have been there from the beginning (CAG deal posting 101: provide all the details).

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=319805
^That thread has more up to date info. A fellow CAG who is a target mobile employee has been answering some of our questions in that thread also.

#132 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Question... Can I buy a game with the instant discount and then return it to get a gift card for the whole value of the game? Or would it be only for the difference I paid and the discount would be gone?

#133 vegeta4567

vegeta4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Also, can we used the promotion twice (trade in 4 games) and use $40 towards a game?

#134 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Dayum... Looks like Nextworth nipped a BUNCH of games form their site last night. I checked yesterday and there were 80 Maddens listed... Now there are 28. All of the really old (99 cent at GS) stuff is gone. Found a couple of other options, but none so plentiful as the old sports games... And no 99 centers. It's still worth paying $14 for U3, for me, but it isn't going to be the bonanza I thought it was gonna be...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#135 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Also, can we used the promotion twice (trade in 4 games) and use $40 towards a game?

Let's see... Target hasn't even opened on the east coast yet and you want us to confirm if there's a glitch??? Get in your car and head to Target. If it works for you, let us know. :roll:

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#136 Enixbelmont

Enixbelmont

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Anyone know if Target carries Silent Hill HD or Silent Hill Downpour?

Price matching Best buy, I could get Silent Hill HD for 10 bucks, exactly what I want to pay for it.

#137 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Does Target price match Best Buy normally?
I have never tried before.

#138 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Anyone thinking of trying to price match Tru ad for all games 39.99 and up - 10 dollars off?

That could make many games 10 bucks each! :)

#139 Enixbelmont

Enixbelmont

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

For what it's worth, my target doesn't carry silent hill HD or downpour.

Curses, Foiled again.

#140 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

After rereading this thread, I think I might actually sit this one out. It's going to be a pain in the ass trying to find complete copies of said game. I have Origins rented from Gamefly, and my girl and I are right at the end. DMC is cool at $20+tax, but I wouldn't get to it for a long time. They also don't sell Catherine so I'll be waiting on that to drop somewhere else. My girl wants to pick up a Starfox game from Gamestop so maybe I'll check then. We'll see though.

#141 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Every now and then Radio Shack runs a promo that gives $10 store credit for any phone that turns on and has a charger. No phone purchase required. I turned in about 15 phones I had laying around.

Something like that still would've been pretty awesome to take advantage of, but I didn't have chargers for any of these phones. Or if I have them, I don't know where they are. They take plain ol' DC cables, so I could very well have those plugged into some other random electronics. One of the phones I dumped didn't even use a charger; it ran on three AAA batteries. Hell, even Zack Morris would've thought these things were outdated.

Sorry if the phone trade in was confusing or ymmv. I had talked to the mobile manager at the target where I work and he had said any phone as long as it turns on. He could have been misinformed or just blowing smoke, but it did in fact work without me having to buy a phone. Definitely going to try out the game promo in the morning though.

Yeah, I don't know if it's YMMV or if your manager was wrong or if the guys over here were wrong or what, but they told me that the only phones they will accept are smartphones and newer feature phones. The only features these phones had were power buttons and light-up keys. One of them wasn't even capable of sending/receiving text messages.

#142 Raiborg

Raiborg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Anyone thinking of trying to price match Tru ad for all games 39.99 and up - 10 dollars off?

That could make many games 10 bucks each! :)

MGS HD for $10? Yes sir
dmc collection is not sold in stores according to the website though.

#143 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

Are you guys worried that if the games you want to trade in aren't listed in their system they will refuse or you think they are just going to take it no matter what? (I have a few maddens laying around from 06 and 07.
Posted Image

#144 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I think most stores are only gonna only take games on the site but you may find that rare store where the employee doesn't know better.

#145 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Patiently waiting for this afternoons ZOMG!!!!! They rejected my NHL 2k6 and NCAA 07 games!!! ZOMG I wasted $2 at GameStop life isn't fair ZOMG!!!!!!!!! Let's throw glitter and do online petitions!!!
:lol:

#146 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

MGS HD for $10? Yes sir
dmc collection is not sold in stores according to the website though.

MGS HD is in stores, I am 100% of that. I have seen it multiple times there.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#147 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Gonna bring in a few games today to get the $20 coupon. After I get the coupon I am goin to see about pm'ing Best Buys price of Darkness 2 or KOA:Reckoning to get them down to $20. Im not too sure about Amalur though as I just picked up The Witcher 2 and they seem fairly similar in that I wouldn't want to be playing two third person fantasy rpgs at the same time

#148 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

The only complete games that I have for trade are:
MLB 08: The Show :ps3:
NBA 2K9 :ps3:
Virtua Tennis 3 :ps3:

Bad news though is none of them show up on Target's website.

#149 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I gonna hit one target with Truth or Lies and Chicken shoot then I will hit another with Truth or lies and Astro Boy.

#150 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Gonna bring in a few games today to get the $20 coupon. After I get the coupon I am goin to see about pm'ing Best Buys price of Darkness 2 or KOA:Reckoning to get them down to $20. Im not too sure about Amalur though as I just picked up The Witcher 2 and they seem fairly similar in that I wouldn't want to be playing two third person fantasy rpgs at the same time

Darkness II is already $39.99 at Target ;)

I'm thinking of seeing if they'll price match KOR or SSX from BB and then maybe getting Sonic Generations for $10 since the store price is $29.99. Gonna head out soon, pick up a cheapo Homefront from Best Buy, and head right to Target with my PS2 games and that. We shall see what I come up with. I saw someone mention they were going to try and price match TRU's $10 off any game $39.99 and up. Does anyone know if Target generally matches these deals? Also, don't forget if you have a Target Red card you get an extra 5% off your games!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926