Photo
- - - - -

DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#1771 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Too bad the cell phone reps usually aren't in till 12pm-1pm or I'd take some games with me when I hit up the flea market in a bit to see if I can get a couple $20 off coupons. ;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1772 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

All in all, got 5 games. Wish they had a better selection.

#1773 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

My Target won't do it. Talked to the Mobile rep and they had no idea what I was talking about. I don't have a flyer or anything and can't find one online.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#1774 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Too bad the cell phone reps usually aren't in till 12pm-1pm or I'd take some games with me when I hit up the flea market in a bit to see if I can get a couple $20 off coupons. ;)

I just go in and buy some Burger King games from GS... Oh wait, you're not allowed on your GS stores ;)

#1775 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

It's crazy that I initially dismissed this thread because I wasn't thinking outside the box. Trading any two games to me meant recent PS3, 360, or Wii games. Never thought it meant ANY two games lol. At any rate, the only thing I'd potentially go for is a $30 PSN card or something. Awful lot of work and dealing with morons to make flipping worth my time on this. So the OP says PSN cards are YMMV; have people had a high success rate on these or is it not worth the effort?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1776 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

I just go in and buy some Burger King games from GS... Oh wait, you're not allowed on your GS stores ;)

I could always hit up the one closest to me, since I don't think they know I'm on the 'naughty list' yet. ;) Besides which, I have four games that qualify and are on the actual site.

I have:

:ps2:Just Cause($1.99 Kmart clearance game)
:ps2:Mortal Kombat Deception(part of a B2G1 pre-owned games from BB a while ago)
:ps3:Toy Story 3($7.50 Target clearance game)
:ps3:Call of Juarez: The Cartel(Target clearance game I price matched for $12 at BB)

So at worst I paying for the one coupon with the 2 PS3 games since it cost me around $20 total for both(in either trade credit or proceeds from selling other crap I picked up on Amazon;)).

So yeah, I should do ok if the cell rep is there on my way back.

Posted Image

#1777 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

My Target won't do it. Talked to the Mobile rep and they had no idea what I was talking about. I don't have a flyer or anything and can't find one online.

Go to the customer service counter for an ad then take it to the mobile rep and show them. If they took 30 seconds to search their system they would find the trade in page. Unfortunately they're usually ill-informed or just don't care enough to even try.

#1778 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

huey at colma is the manager and he is a huge douche he called serra, tanforan, and san mateo trying to prove I did this more than once which I hadn't. Avoid those stores

#1779 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

JSRF is worth right around $10:
http://www.amazon.co...35588780&sr=1-1

I personally wouldn't have traded that one in. Plus, it's a freaking awesome game that I had tons of fun beating.

That's the bundle game with JSRF, not the stand-alone JSRF. I remember when CC couldn't sell $5 copies of JSRF.

#1780 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Considering trying a Witcher 2 PM and then returning with the unopened one with the receipt from my opened one where the guy said they only match TRU physical ads. Before knowing TRU doesn't run physical ads anymore.

If not I have a physical copy of Half-Life 2 with a case and manual, would that game work?

Also, already going to pick up AC:R, Sonic Gens, and L4D2. Already have UC3 and most of the other $29.99 games. So my question is, across any systems not Vita/3DS/PC (because mine is old), are there any other games I could score for around $15 or $20 max (before tax/whatever) that I should think about getting? I played most big releases from last year, but if there are any other hidden gems CAGs would recommend, I'll give them a look for that price.

#1781 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Gonna grab some clearance at GS after my nephew's baseball game and then head to Target with my fiancée. Grab 2 coupons on the last day and call it quits.

#1782 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Some CAG's have been lucky in trade ins. Ran into three targets and they are not taking game trade ins. Maybe next time.

#1783 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Went to my store last night with 2 old PS2 games; the guy was very knowledgeable and friendly about the trade in. I took the coupon and got Rhythm Heaven Fever. Planning to go back today and trade in a couple others for Sonic Generations or Jurassic Park.
Posted Image

#1784 frogkopf

frogkopf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

I emailed the company and got the same reply as others about no limit to number of trades and any game, including those that not in their database.

I'm going armed with a hard copy of the email and 12 games.

Since they don't have a lot of PS3/360 games that I want and don't already have, I'll probably go for some of those Wii games (Mario cart, Mario Galaxy 2, etc....) that you never find for less than $40-$50.

#1785 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

I guess I'm going in to attempt one last haul.

LOL I forgot to mention that yesterday I went to trade in and the guy processing my trade in is entertaining me by telling me how a guy, most likely an ex employee, came in and took an iPhone 4s display phone out of the case in 10s. Kind of useless since it can't be used but ballsy.

#1786 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

The "rules" are all over the damn place. Like I said earlier, the manager who covers, unfortunately, the 3 or 4 stores closest to me, decided it was one trade per household, per the entire promotion period. Yeah, he means you can only do it once across all stores the entire week. Fortunately there are other Targets he doesn't control :roll:, but it is making things somewhat of a pain and wasting me time and gas.

If you're up for burning some gas...the store here on Lancaster (across from Best Buy) allowed multiple trades (Keizer Station only one per household per day)

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#1787 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Funny that people are still getting "no limit" emails. When I sent one the other day, the reply said one per day.

Thinking of sending this deal to the graveyard with a Dead Island for myself and a Cars 2 for my little boy today...

#1788 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Damn.. I didn't know about the 50% promo at best buy until last night. I could easily see myself wanting to do 6 trade ins to best buy. Would pick up a 250GB hard drive for my slim, and some sheets at amazon.

#1789 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

i went to the westminster mall target and got the 10 off witcher 2 but couldnt get it for 34.99 before coupon :(

#1790 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Anybody in Houston will be best to avoid the Tomball store. Bunch of dicks they are as they wouldn't even try to help me.

#1791 stevieraveon

stevieraveon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Went to the Uptown Charlotte Target and the girl didn't even open the cases. Both games were for the original Xbox. And yes both had the game and manual too. After she didn't find the first one, she went ahead and marked them both as "promo games". A little too easy for my taste. I'm used to having 4 Best Buy employees huddled around a pc trying to figure out what to do.

#1792 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I suggest you hold on to your reciept if you guys got something you didn't want. I confirmed you can exchange a game at a later date as long as you have your reciept. I bought god of war origins 3 days ago and exchanged it for ico/shadow collection with no problem. They just have to be the same value in order to work.
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1793 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Saw this in my local target ad, as well. Great deal!! Traded in "Red Dead: Undead Nightmare" and, "Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time" for the $20 coupon. Used that towards "Uncharted 3", which was on-sale this week for $29.99, so walked out happy with my fresh, new copy of Uncharted 3 for $10. AWESOME!!! :D:applause::bouncy:

Ooo... You should have gotten some 99¢ Maddens at GameStop, rather than trade those games in.

I could always hit up the one closest to me, since I don't think they know I'm on the 'naughty list' yet. ;) Besides which, I have four games that qualify and are on the actual site.

I have:

:ps2:Just Cause($1.99 Kmart clearance game)
:ps2:Mortal Kombat Deception(part of a B2G1 pre-owned games from BB a while ago)
:ps3:Toy Story 3($7.50 Target clearance game)
:ps3:Call of Juarez: The Cartel(Target clearance game I price matched for $12 at BB)

So at worst I paying for the one coupon with the 2 PS3 games since it cost me around $20 total for both(in either trade credit or proceeds from selling other crap I picked up on Amazon;)).

So yeah, I should do ok if the cell rep is there on my way back.

Get some dollar thrift store games. Also, Target has PC clearance games for $1 and change.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1794 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Went back to target for a third time this week. I first bought 4 crap games at GS, they didn't have any PS2 or Game Cube games so I just bought some really cheap PS3 and 360 games, spent like $10 total probably. Then at Target I got 2 more 60 day Star Wars The Old Republic time cards for $20 total. So this week I bought God Of War 1&2 HD for $10, Uncharted 3 for $10, Star Wars The Old Republic for $20, and 4 Star Wars The Old Republic time cards for $10 each. So I'd say it's been a good week.

#1795 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Get some dollar thrift store games. Also, Target has PC clearance games for $1 and change.

MK Deception didn't work cuz it had no frickin' manual, which I forgot about being annoyed by when I got it from BB during a B2G1 on pre-owned. So I had to run over to GS and buy a $3 Tiger Woods for PS3(with some credit from the eRewards gc I had;)). I told the one manager there about the Target deal and I think I got him interested in doing that after he gets off work.:lol:

But as for Call Of Juarez, Toy Story 3 and Just Cause, those games were expendable to me cuz COJ sucked, Toy Story 3 was kinda annoying and Just Cause(the original) is just :-& after playing the sequel and any other games on PS3 or any current gen system.

I ended up getting :ps3:God Of War III, :ps3:Uncharted 3(w/ a dent in the back of the case from the plastic prison:bomb:) and :ps3:L.A. Noire Complete with my three coupons since the Uncharted dual pack bundles didn't seem to work automatically either at electronics or up front on one of the registers.:-#

I then ended up selling the one bundle I kept to a flea market seller I'm pretty friendly with as well as the three games I bought. I got enough to pay off my remaining cc balance once it comes due in a couple of days and I helped out someone who wasn't the one local prick game store owner who lowballs me worse than GS anymore.:razz:

Posted Image

#1796 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

I know that feeling for the dent. My Ico/Shadow collection has that dent :( . Ruined my beautiful game.

On the other hand I had a great time with this deal. I didn't get in on it as much as I wanted to because I started on Thursday but I'm happy.
My Haul:
Dead Island
Ico/Shadow Collection
God of War 3
Assassins Creed Revelations

I was talking to the mobile rep and became cool with him. He said he'd do unlimited trades for me today but too bad I have to go to work. Oh well, I have some fun stuff to play for the next couple months. Gotta love Target

#1797 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

I was finally able to trade in my last 4 games as the DM finally got back to me. Sadly, I was only able to trade in 6 games total.

Picked up God of War 3, Portal 2 and Tekken Hybrid. I am sure these games will now all go on sale for $10.

#1798 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Is the Ico/Shadow Collection $40 or $30?

#1799 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

It's $40. Some people got lucky and pricematched a TRU $10 off coupon but they didn't let me do it so YMMV. I don't really care though, I was going to buy it anyways so $20 is a steal for me.

#1800 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, me too. I picked up SotC at full price for the PS2 when it first released, but missed out on Ico. Having both in HD for $20 is a good price for me.