DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#1801 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yeah, me too. I picked up SotC at full price for the PS2 when it first released, but missed out on Ico. Having both in HD for $20 is a good price for me.

Same here, I got it on launch and I never regreted it. Also missed out on ICO but now I can finally play it and in 3D too so I'm pretty happy.
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1802 crom123

crom123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Got in on the deal, but had to do some driving. The first Target only let me do one trade-in. Traded in 2 old PS2 games worth less than a buck each, price matched KoA Reckoning from BB for $39 then used the coupon.

Drove to another Target and they let me trade in 8 games for 4 coupons! The most any game I traded in was worth only $2! Crazy!! Got Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, and R&C All 4 One for the kiddos and AC:R for myself. Not a bad haul! Trying to decide if I should go back one more time today before it's over...:D

#1803 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I suggest you hold on to your reciept if you guys got something you didn't want. I confirmed you can exchange a game at a later date as long as you have your reciept. I bought god of war origins 3 days ago and exchanged it for ico/shadow collection with no problem. They just have to be the same value in order to work.

It probably won't work past the promo though since they have to print out the coupon in order to apply to the game you are exchanging for. You may or may not get an manager to manually override it for you but it isn't suggested to buy something and attempt to exchange it with the $20 off coupon after today since they might just accept the exchange and force you to pay the full price and you lose out on that coupon.

#1804 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

No they don't, it's a generic $20 off on the receipt. The lady at customer service just scanned in my old game and scanned the receipt and the new game and gave it to me.

#1805 sonicspin2

sonicspin2

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

was able to PM Best buys ad for SSX. Guest service lady had wtf look on her face when i pulled out the $20 coupon and was like where'd you get this from. I kindly pointed to the giant Target Mobile logo in the middle of the paper and then showed her their ad.

#1806 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

No they don't, it's a generic $20 off on the receipt. The lady at customer service just scanned in my old game and scanned the receipt and the new game and gave it to me.

Nice thanks for the info. Probably going to pick up Modnation Racers (vita)in preparation to exchange it tomorrow for Marvel vs. Capcom (vita).

#1807 sonicspin2

sonicspin2

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

didn't read all the post to see but if you have a game that doesn't appear in their system the Target mobile person can type "promo game" and it will add you game regardless if its in their system.

#1808 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Might be YMMV because my CS went to the Mobile Section to print another coupon just to scan through an exchange.

A lot of the times for coupons and in exchanges they don't allow you to apply coupons used on previous transactions in exchanges. I'm sure to deter from exchanges such as this.

I'm just taking this from my experience dealing with retail stores and coupons. Of course you're or other people are welcome to try but it's a high percentage you'll be rejected after the promo is over.

#1809 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

True, well if anyone is at Target to go buy some shampoo or something it doesn't hurt to try haha. But she did restrict my to a game of the same price so maybe that's the drawback.

#1810 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Might be YMMV because my CS went to the Mobile Section to print another coupon just to scan through an exchange.

A lot of the times for coupons and in exchanges they don't allow you to apply coupons used on previous transactions in exchanges. I'm sure to deter from exchanges such as this.

I'm just taking this from my experience dealing with retail stores and coupons. Of course you're or other people are welcome to try but it's a high percentage you'll be rejected after the promo is over.

When I did an exchange earlier this week, it was just a straight exchange. No new coupon needed or anything.

#1811 sonicspin2

sonicspin2

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

I would think if your even exchanging or paying the difference it would be ok. Returning is where it would get interesting

#1812 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I originally thought it was restricted to PS3/Xbox 360/Wii trading, but sure enough I brought in The Getaway (PS2) and NBA 09:The Inside (PSP) and it worked. I ended up getting Red Dead Redemption (360) for $20.

This was my first time trading in games to a store other than Gamestop. Does this or similar promotions happen often at Best Buy and K-Mart? Does Best Buy and K-Mart take old gen games too?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#1813 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

What are the good flips to BB? Besides these ones.
uncharted 3
rayman origins
modnation racer

black eyed peas
sonic generations
Rhythm Heaven

Most of these are sold out at my target

#1814 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Interesting.
I may just keep Wipeout sealed and see if I can exchange it for Resistance next month.
If not, I'll play Wipeout. :)
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#1815 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

I suggest you hold on to your reciept if you guys got something you didn't want. I confirmed you can exchange a game at a later date as long as you have your reciept. I bought god of war origins 3 days ago and exchanged it for ico/shadow collection with no problem. They just have to be the same value in order to work.

You are a God amongst CAGs, my friend! Thx!

#1816 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

When I did an exchange earlier this week, it was just a straight exchange. No new coupon needed or anything.

Huh, it might have just been my CS then.
Hell if it works even better!

#1817 trailmix10

trailmix10

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

I ended up getting :ps3:God Of War III, :ps3:Uncharted 3(w/ a dent in the back of the case from the plastic prison:bomb:) and :ps3:L.A. Noire Complete with my three coupons since the Uncharted dual pack bundles didn't seem to work automatically either at electronics or up front on one of the registers.:-#

Hmmm IATCG the controller bundles didnt get marked down for you?? I ended up getting one set of those that were on clearance for 41 and was able to apply the coupon for them.

CAG'S the Red Dead GOTY just dropped to 29.99 i Grabbed the last copy for 9.99/ I had picked it up earlier in the week for 19.99. Does Anybody know if i can exchange it for another 39.99 game??

#1818 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Wow Id love to grab Red Dead for 10. Tempted to make a trip.

#1819 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Huh, does it just ring up $29.99?

#1820 chicho13_420

chicho13_420

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

If you're up for burning some gas...the store here on Lancaster (across from Best Buy) allowed multiple trades (Keizer Station only one per household per day)

Really that's odd cause yesterday they wouldn't let me trade more then two.

#1821 Spideypaul

Spideypaul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

My Target in Parma Ohio had the sign next to Red Dead indicating it to be $29.99 today. I opted to get something else.

#1822 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Finally decided to give this deal a try while helping a friend get gears 3 for $10. My target had rayman origins for Xbox only clearanced to $20.98. The guy at the electronics scanned the coupon regardless of it not being $29.99 and above and sure enough it worked. Snagged rayman for $1.07! I was very pleased.

#1823 Spideypaul

Spideypaul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

My store only let me trade in one pair and despite the header on his computer screen saying to use "promo game" is the UPC doesn't come up, the worker insisted that he couldn't do that for this transaction. I had plenty of stuff to trade so no big deal. I was lucky to run into a friend of mine and he helped me to get another pair traded in. I just wish I thought about doing this earlier in the week.

#1824 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Managed to grab Mass Effect 3 for $21 after a Gamestop PM.

#1825 maccabee72

maccabee72

Hook 'em

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Traded in Curious George (GCN) and Destroy All Humans (PS2)....Picked up Assassin's Creed Revelations for $10. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#1826 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

just got back from my target. traded in two copies of ncaa football '07 and two copies of ncaa football '08 (all PS3). didnt run into any problems other than the damn printer breaking down during the printing of my second coupon. it took Fuck ing forever to get it working again. picked up a fallout NV UE (360) and portal 2 (360) for a friend. also found a dead space 2 on clearance for 9 bucks. pretty good trip.

#1827 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Grrr! I was denied on just my second attempt. Same guy working the Mobile area that I worked with on Day 1 of the promo refused to budge on not accepting Madden 09 for PS3, even though it was in the system as the Spanish version. I pointed to the top of his monitor where it says "enter 'promo game' if you can't find it" but he kept shaking his head. Didn't feel it was worth getting into an argument so I left empty-handed this time.

Apparently I was the only person to go in the entire time for this promo at that location (San Ramon) -- a lot of good that did me, though.

#1828 halloweenman666

halloweenman666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Since when does Target price match or is this ymmv? Also if they do price match how do they treat Amazon prices?

#1829 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Since when does Target price match or is this ymmv? Also if they do price match how do they treat Amazon prices?

Local stores only with physical ad. They do not price online prices from Amazon.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#1830 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Local stores only with physical ad. They do not price online prices from Amazon.

And technically you can't PM and then use a coupon. It's supposed to be coupon first, and then PM the difference, according to Target's Price Match policy that I pointed out a few pages back. Extreme YMMV on getting it to work.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata