DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#1831 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Local stores only with physical ad. They do not price online prices from Amazon.

And technically you can't PM and then use a coupon. It's supposed to be coupon first, and then PM the difference, according to Target's Price Match policy that I pointed out a few pages back. Extreme YMMV on getting it to work.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1832 phishhead220

phishhead220

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Went back today for one last time and traded in eight more old sports games.

I've picked up:
Disney Universe
Mortal Kombat
Dead Island
Ratchet and Clank All For One
Gears of War III since it was marked down
Uncharted 3

I already have Uncharted 3 so I'm going to see if I can sell somewhere since I won't be opening it. Any ideas?

#1833 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

And technically you can't PM and then use a coupon. It's supposed to be coupon first, and then PM the difference, according to Target's Price Match policy that I pointed out a few pages back. Extreme YMMV on getting it to work.

Yet CAGs have been price matching Kingdoms of Amalur and SSX from BB and then using the "coupon" all week long. I did it myself twice for Kingdoms. Thing is, they will ask about the 20 dollar "coupon" and when I tell them it was from a trade in at the kiosk, they go ahead and apply it to the price match. Thing is, they see it as more of a store credit than a coupon because it was a trade in, even though the register processes it as a coupon.

#1834 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Just got back from my first trip. Went to westminster mall here in socal, guys told me only 1 set from me per person, had a friend along there with me so I got my two sets done.
Traded in some hockey, nba, nfl, and hobbit game all from 2002 for the coupons. Picked up modnation racers for vita, and black eyed peas experience for xbox. for $10.76 each, drove over to best buy (in same parking lot) while unwrapping games, traded em in for $16 each, plus promo bringing to $48 total.
Guy behind me was doing this flip as well, had same games I did + uncharted 3 and rayman origins.
Walked over to phone area and picked up some kindle GC's.
So a total of 21.52+2.00=23.52 for a $50 GC. Im happy with that, exactly what I needed.
Thanks CAG!

#1835 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Picked up Portal 2 :ps3: and it has a code inside for the Steam version. Bonus :D

AC:R :ps3: came with AC1 included on the Blu-Ray. Just a heads up for any CAGers late to the party.

#1836 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Grrr! I was denied on just my second attempt. Same guy working the Mobile area that I worked with on Day 1 of the promo refused to budge on not accepting Madden 09 for PS3, even though it was in the system as the Spanish version. I pointed to the top of his monitor where it says "enter 'promo game' if you can't find it" but he kept shaking his head. Didn't feel it was worth getting into an argument so I left empty-handed this time.

Apparently I was the only person to go in the entire time for this promo at that location (San Ramon) -- a lot of good that did me, though.

that happened to me today but i had gamecube games, guy went out of his way to deny me so i just laughed and left, heh not worth arguing and already had 5 of the coupons this week :D

hope they do this again sometime

#1837 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Got in on the deal, but had to do some driving. The first Target only let me do one trade-in. Traded in 2 old PS2 games worth less than a buck each, price matched KoA Reckoning from BB for $39 then used the coupon.

Drove to another Target and they let me trade in 8 games for 4 coupons! The most any game I traded in was worth only $2! Crazy!! Got Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, and R&C All 4 One for the kiddos and AC:R for myself. Not a bad haul! Trying to decide if I should go back one more time today before it's over...:D

Chit!!! Forgot about that Ratchet and Clank...especially with the Target exclusive bonus game!!!! Thanks for the reminder!

Looks like I'll have to rest up fast. I think I'll do 4 more of this deal.

Edit:Hmmm... Can't see my self paying $20 after coupon for Ratchet A/4/1 when that game has been $20 on sale.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1838 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yet CAGs have been price matching Kingdoms of Amalur and SSX from BB and then using the "coupon" all week long. I did it myself twice for Kingdoms. Thing is, they will ask about the 20 dollar "coupon" and when I tell them it was from a trade in at the kiosk, they go ahead and apply it to the price match. Thing is, they see it as more of a store credit than a coupon because it was a trade in, even though the register processes it as a coupon.

And just as many, if not more, have been denied. While you make a good point, it still is, technically, a coupon, and they are under no obligation to allow you to do both.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1839 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

hope they do this again sometime

Lmfao. I'd be shocked. I'd think it would have to be a bored billionaire behind this, to do this again.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1840 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Red dead redemption still rings up 39.99. :(

#1841 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Renton, WA location only let me trade in once today. Picked up LA Noire Complete (360) for $9.99. Going to another Target 5 miles from this location to pick up Red Dead Redemption GotY (360) for $9.99.

#1842 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Chit!!! Forgot about that Ratchet and Clank...especially with the Target exclusive bonus game!!!! Thanks for the reminder!

Looks like I'll have to rest up fast. I think I'll do 4 more of this deal.

Edit:Hmmm... Can't see my self paying $20 after coupon for Ratchet A/4/1 when that game has been $20 on sale.

Yeah I saw it but forgot the price when I was just there. I grabbed Disney Universe on PS3 with the Cinderella costume for my lil bro and sis. Ratchet and Clank can wait i guess. Used some old PC games I had. Upset I didnt use more PC games.

So far I got Uncharted 3, LA Noire Complete, Rayman Origins, and Disney Universe all for PS3 for 10. Great sale.

#1843 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

I just turned: flash focus (ds), kameo, nba 09 the inside, and Odama into Sonic generations and Jurassic Park. My store was out of Uncharted 3 which I have but would have flipped to Best Buy.

Everything else around $30 I had already. Gave some thought to paying $20 for Darkness 2 but that has Gamefly sale written all over it.

Edited by thegame85, 28 April 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#1844 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Ended up trading in 8 games, mostly old EASports games from years gone by. Ended up with:

Nickelodeon Dance (for my 3-year old, of course)
Uncharted 3
God of War Origins Controller bundle on clearance (keeping the controller, traded in my previous copy of the game at Best Buy for $20.80 after bonuses)
3-pack of 800 XBLA points (technically it was $29.97, and not a game, but she overrode the register and allowed it)

#1845 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

The guy who took my trade ins told me to go home and just photocopy the coupon.

I was like ...Seriously?

He said theres no unique thing they are all the same coupon.

How sketch is that though
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#1846 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

i think i ran out of games to trade in, would have picked up at least 2 more games that i've been meaning to play but managed to pick up

Soul Calibur 5 for $25
Dead Rising OTF for $10
Sonic Generations for $10
Kid Icarus for $20
Super Mario 3d Land for $20
Metal Gear Solid HD collection for $20

I tried to pm mass effect 3 with a gamestop ad that i printed out since i couldn't find one instore but that didnt work, still pretty happy with my haul

#1847 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

My final tally:

Deus Ex ps3
Rayman Origins ps3
Killzone 3 ps3
Tekken Hybrid ps3
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit ps3
Sonic Generations ps3
Assassin's Creed Revelations ps3
Crysis 2 ps3
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record ps3
Modnation Racers Road Trip vita
Ridge Racer vita
LA Noire Complete Edition 360
UFC Trainer 360

Thanks to Target, Nextworth, and CAGs for this awesome deal!

#1848 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Yo I'm doing my second run. Trading I 14 or so games and the mobile Guy looked surprised lol. He don't care though. He said "oo so many games, maybe ill take some for me" sadly I got shit iodine games. Lol

#1849 ilifecomputer

ilifecomputer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

My final tally:

Ridge Racer vita

Thanks to Target, Nextworth, and CAGs for this awesome deal!

Did your copy of Ridge Racer have the gold pass DLC coupon inside of it? Mine didnt :cry:

#1850 io

io

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

14 games, unreal. I'm sitting here waiting 20 minutes for the guy to get back from lunch and hoping beyond hope that I can do a whopping 2 sets.

#1851 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Running out of games to pick up, gonna try for mass effect 3

#1852 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Scanned a few pages and the OP but I wasn't sure if this was YMMV.

They accept old PC games for trade-in right?

#1853 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Did your copy of Ridge Racer have the gold pass DLC coupon inside of it? Mine didnt :cry:

Neither did mine.

#1854 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

Sigh...got denied on printed out manuals. They were the full manuals but the rep was not having any of it. Funny since she didn't care about the crappy cases I put games in but the slightly different manuals were no good.

#1855 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

Got assassin. Creed. Brotherhood for 10. I think there might have a fellow cager behind me as we were the only two to take part in this deal all week.

#1856 Staveandor

Staveandor

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Finally got to take advantage of this sale today, after getting mucked around with all week.

Traded in 4 games that were all freebies and pack-ins handed to me from friends that had sat for over a year.

Anyhow, I picked up Kingdoms of Amalur with PM from BBY, and Tales of the Abyss 3DS, since Target doesn't carry Tales of Graces F in stores =(

Also, ran to BBY earlier in the day to trade in some games using their 50% bonus trade in promo, and scored a free Gears of War 3 season pass, due to a kiosk error. Back when this happened (Jan? Feb?) this store had the correct price, but I found one and got the GM to honor it. Also PMed Witcher 2 EE to TRU for $44.99.

Decen't RPG haul for me. These along with the Guild Wars 2 beta weekend mean I'll be set for a while. =D

#1857 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Went back one last time today. My final haul:

$10 Uncharted 3
$10 Tales of Vesperia
$10 Tales of Legendia

I got racks up in my pocket racks up in my pocket

I got thots all in my phone callin me bitch stop it

1400 for this belt this aint no damn versace

and I smokin on this dope while I been gettin money

50s 100s 20s oh my goodness

I need my money machine to count this shit for me

#1858 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for this deal. I unloaded 3 old PS2 games and Eye of Judgement for essentially $40 worth of credit and Id probably be lucky to get $5 elswhere. Paid about $22 for 2 Uncharted 3s and flipped at BB for ~$57
Posted Image

#1859 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

unloaded fo nv vanilla and homefront 1.30 from bestbuy. got vita modnations.
good week

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1860 jester55

jester55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Thursday: Went to the one and only Target in my area in a 120 mile radius. RadioShack rep was very nice and had no clue how to do this deal. I tried my best to help her. She was totally cool about letting me trade in the 14 games I had. I was good until the printer broke on the first trade! She says come back tomorrow and her manager would be there fix printer. :wall:

Friday: Get there and the Rep from Thursday is there with her manager. Manager was cool and said the printer working off and on and we could try to do what we could. First two trades went great. Then the printer breaks again on the 3rd trade not printing a coupon. The manager then takes one of the two couples I already and make a copy of it for the 3rd coupon!8-) Then she tells me she cannot try anymore tonight since the printer is broke. She takes down my phone number and states that she will call me if she gets printer going again. :cry:

Saturday: About an hour after the mobile kiosk is scheduled to open, I called the manager to see if the printer was working again. She was like, "I was just about to call you! The printer is working great now!" I rush over and we do the remaining trades I had for 4 more coupons!:D

When doing the trades, the manager used Promo 1 and Promo 2 for every single trade. This saved a lot of time! While processing the trades, I spoke with the manager for Target and he was totally cool about price-matching ToysRUs for $10 off since I had a print out of the online ad with the date and location on it!:bouncy:

Here are the 14 games I traded in for my 7 coupons:
:360: Gears of War
:360: Gears of War 2 - No Manual...:)
:360: Perfect Dark Zero
:360: Borderlands (Have GOTY on Steam)
:360: Enslaved
:360: Bayonetta
:360: Vanquish
:360: The Orange Box (Have on Steam)
:360: Beautiful Katamari
:360: Crackdown
:xbox: Fable: The Lost Chapters (Have on Steam)
:xbox: Halo 2
:xbox: Splinter Cell 1 (Have on Steam)
:pc: Batman: Arkham Asylum - (Can't believe they took a PC game!) :bouncy:

Here are the 7 games I picked up with the coupons:
:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: $19.99 after coupon and price match to TRU
:ps3: Uncharted 3: $9.99 after coupon
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: $9.99 after coupon and price match to TRU
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 XL: $9.99 after coupon and price match to TRU
:ps3: ICO + Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection: $9.99 after coupon and price match to TRU
:ps3: Infamous: (Clearance) $0.00 after coupon
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time: (Clearance) $0.00 after coupon

Despite having to make 3 trips - This was freaking awesome!
1)I was able trade for 7 coupons with the RadioShack manager - in spite of the new "One per person" rule!
2)The RadioShack manager took a game without a manual and a PC game!#-o
3) The the Target manager had no problem price matching the TRU ad.
4) The Target rep allowed me to purchase the clearance games for Free!

I know this post is long and I'm sorry if it comes across as bragging in anyway. I just wanted to share that the deal still work out great in some areas!

All in All I spent $64.90 for 7 brand new games at the average of about $9.27 each after trading in 14 games!

Needless to say - I am happy! \\:D/