• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#1861 chicho13_420

chicho13_420

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by io Posted Image
The "rules" are all over the damn place. Like I said earlier, the manager who covers, unfortunately, the 3 or 4 stores closest to me, decided it was one trade per household, per the entire promotion period. Yeah, he means you can only do it once across all stores the entire week. Fortunately there are other Targets he doesn't control :roll:, but it is making things somewhat of a pain and wasting me time and gas.

If you're up for burning some gas...the store here on Lancaster (across from Best Buy) allowed multiple trades (Keizer Station only one per household per day)

Went and tried again a little bit ago. Douchebag said I could only trade in 2 games during the whole promotion, cause he remembered me from yesterday. He said nobody came in today to do multiple trades and said I was lying, gave him the finger and told him to screw himself. The lady at the kezier station target gladly accepted my second batch of trade in's and said ya it's suppose to be 2 a day. So i wouldn't waste the gas if your trying to get multiple trades from salem cause it's only 2 a day at kezier station and once only at Lancaster mall location. Don't know where this dude got his info from!

#1862 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Really that's odd cause yesterday they wouldn't let me trade more then two.

Ah, another local CAG and a Duck fan none-the-less :roll: ;)

It was yesterday when I was in there and I told her about the promo code. She was going to allow me to do as many as I wanted, but it took 30 minutes to do the first two so I called it good.

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#1863 crax

crax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Let's see I traded in 12. Between flips I got cash/bb credit that equaled the money I spent out of pocket. And I STILL HAVE rayman, sonic, UC3, and Metal gear hd to show for it. Um that basically means I got those games "free" for unloading crappy games I had under my bed (really, under the bed).

So I say again, best deal there ever was or will be!

#1864 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

Hmmm IATCG the controller bundles didnt get marked down for you?? I ended up getting one set of those that were on clearance for 41 and was able to apply the coupon for them.

CAG'S the Red Dead GOTY just dropped to 29.99 i Grabbed the last copy for 9.99/ I had picked it up earlier in the week for 19.99. Does Anybody know if i can exchange it for another 39.99 game??

No. For whatever reason they didn't reduce in price when they tried the coupon with them today. Not that I would've bought more than 1-2 anyway(especially since my closest store has em stuck at frickin' $41.98:bomb:), since I needed to return all the ones I bought prior due to my credit card I bought them on coming due n not having the $$$ to pay it at that point.:cry::-#

I wish they would've had RDR GOTY marked at my Target cuz I would've grabbed that for my one friend so we could play that online.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1865 chicho13_420

chicho13_420

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

Ah, another local CAG and a Duck fan none-the-less :roll: ;)

It was yesterday when I was in there and I told her about the promo code. She was going to allow me to do as many as I wanted, but it took 30 minutes to do the first two so I called it good.

Good to see a local CAG in my area,now I know I better jump on some of these deals quick now LOL.
If it was the thick chick then ya she was pretty helpful, but the other mobile worker who was a guy was cool yesterday but a super douche today, he was even telling me yesterday that he was a gamer and should jump on the promotion too. After 2 days I got to say i got what i wanted anyway.

:360: AC revelations $10
:ps3:Metal gear solid HD $20
:360:Dead Island $10

#1866 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

i loved playing rdr online. i only did it like 1 week, but my grrl and i were leading a full possy and did all the hideouts and got all the online trophies. hit level 50 with triple xp weekend in like 2 days and did a bunch of co op missions. i got the online trophies for having highest bounty and staying alive for so long, i did that one when i had a full possy and just held up with about 8 guys surrounding me and shooting anyone that came near. fun fun fun time.

n today was last day for this right? both times i went yesterday and today the girl(2 diff girls) both were like, omg i need to bring my games in and do this. i told the girl today, doesnt it end today, and she's like oh yeah ill have to have my bf bring up my games tonite. lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1867 trailmix10

trailmix10

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

Need for Speed: the Run rings up free with the coupon. YMMV to get a cashier to accept the coupon since its 19.99 for the game. Trades into AMZ for $16.50 each copy. GS TIV base is $13 before promo.

Damn that is a nice pick up, I wish i wouldve have known that. Either way cant complain with this great deal and it has been a good week even though i feel games like portal 2 and need for speed and hot pursuit will be 9.99 prob within the year.

Total haul
ALL PS3
Assassins Creed Revelations
Red Dead Redemption GOY
Portal 2
La Noire Complete Edition
Need For Speed Hot pursuit
Metal Gear Collection- Wish i got this for 9.99 but cant complain at 20
Uncharted 1/2 and Control Bundle 21.00

So $90 for 7 games and aps3 controller is not bad!

#1868 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Time is running out for the promo here in Cali....only did 1 trade of two games to get Mario Party 9....wondering if it worth getting around to trading in Soul Calibur 3 and Fishing Master for a ps vita game.

#1869 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

Okay, so now that this deal is officially over, time to tally up the winnings.

Uncharted 3 (PS3): $9.99
Red Dead Redemption (PS3): $9.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3): $9.99
Medieval Moves (PS3): $0.00
Driver (Xbox 360): $0.00
Space Marine (Xbox 360): $0.00

The ones that were $0 were ones on clearance for $12, but the coupon applied because of the original price being high enough. Driver I didn't really want, but it was the only half-decent game in the store, and I was out of time. I couldn't get to another Target to get something else.

So, everyone, post your winnings here. The winner (one who got the best deals) gets a special prize. What's the prize? Hm, how about a congratulatory ban from Target?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Damn good haul!

#1870 trailmix10

trailmix10

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

No. For whatever reason they didn't reduce in price when they tried the coupon with them today. Not that I would've bought more than 1-2 anyway(especially since my closest store has em stuck at frickin' $41.98:bomb:), since I needed to return all the ones I bought prior due to my credit card I bought them on coming due n not having the $$$ to pay it at that point.:cry::-#

I wish they would've had RDR GOTY marked at my Target cuz I would've grabbed that for my one friend so we could play that online.

That sucks i mean the game is in basically in there so it shouldve went through. My cousin and I were able to without any problems. Cashier was even amazed at the price and called it a good come up lol . There were plenty of bundles but decided to just give another hopefully cag member a shot to own it. Have a good number of controllers already at home.

#1871 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

RDR GotY was still marked $40 at mine, so I didn't bother to try it. Probably should have just to see if it rang up $29.99. Sucks about the NFS too since my cashier probably would have taken it, but when I got so many other awesome games for the price even following the limitations and not pressing my luck farther I'm still happy for myself and for the others who did even better.

#1872 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Prototype 2 (PS3) - $40 [couldn't get them to price match Fry's cause I didn't have their physical ad but I might go back tomorrow with an ad]
2x Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360) $10 each
3x Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3) $10 each
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3) $10
3x Left 4 Dead 2 (360) $10 each
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360) $20 [after PMing BB]
Sonic Generation (360) $10
The Black Eyed Peas Experience (360) $10
UFC Personal Trainer (360) $10
Kinect Sports (360) $10
God of War III (PS3) $10
Modnation Racer (Vita) $10
Killzone 3 (PS3) $10
Mass Effect 3 (PS3) $20 [After PMing Gamestop]
Disney Universe (PS3) $10
Rayman Origins (360) $10

Spent about $270 (including tax) for everything out of pocket.
I'm pretty much done X_x

Edit: I also forgot Gears of War 3 (360) $10

Edited by iduncurr, 29 April 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#1873 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

So, everyone, post your winnings here. The winner (one who got the best deals) gets a special prize. What's the prize? Hm, how about a congratulatory ban from Target?

Haha, I just got home and was planning on posting my winnings. These are what I got over the past few days. Hopefully I stay unbanned because I went to a few targets in the same day. At one store the employees were really cool and let me trade in 4 games at once. I tried to come back with 4 games later like a jerk and they turned me down. No biggie because I was thankful they even let me get 2 coupons. It was a douchebag move on my part but I had to give it a try or I'd be regretting it right now.

Jurassic park the game - $9.90
Dead Island - $9.99
Assassins Creed Revelations - $9.99
--> went to GS towards new ps3 console.
Assassins Creed Revelations - $9.99
Rayman Origins - $9.99

Driver San Francisco - Paid the $11.98 instead of using up a coupon
Uncharted 3 - $9.99 --> Went to BB towards upgrade and save promotion blu-rays. They had at least a dozen UC3 left so I didn't feel too guilty trading it to BB.
Need for Speed the Run - FREE!

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#1874 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Darn, didn't even realize I could have PMed GS for ME3, that was the price I was looking for to get in on. Oh well, I'll just keep waiting since I basically finished my brother's copy before he took it back to school anyway. Don't need to see the ending/listen to podcasts about it that bad anyway.

#1875 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

That sucks i mean the game is in basically in there so it shouldve went through. My cousin and I were able to without any problems. Cashier was even amazed at the price and called it a good come up lol . There were plenty of bundles but decided to just give another hopefully cag member a shot to own it. Have a good number of controllers already at home.

When was this though? I ask because I was there around 11am-noon today. So maybe they put out a system update to block them. Either that or maybe they had to scan the coupon first(they scanned it last in each transaction here:cry:) to get it to apply automatically.

Posted Image

#1876 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

RDR GotY was still marked $40 at mine, so I didn't bother to try it. Probably should have just to see if it rang up $29.99. Sucks about the NFS too since my cashier probably would have taken it, but when I got so many other awesome games for the price even following the limitations and not pressing my luck farther I'm still happy for myself and for the others who did even better.

RDR GOTY was a regional price cut. I checked at mine, even punching the DCPI into the price checker and it came up 39.99. Big boo-urns on that one. :/

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1877 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

My "winnings"

4 x need for speed the run for xbox (all free)
3 x need for speed the run for ps3 (all free)
Sonic generations xbox - 9.99
red dead goty - xbox - 9.99
portal 2 - xbox - 9.99
uncharged golden abyss - vita -19.99
assassins creed revelations (with free ac1) - ps3 - 9.99
red dead goty -ps3 - 9.99

and a super nice target employee let me use the coupon on xbox/psn cards :)
1600 xbox points (free)
3 x $20 psn cards (all free)

total out of pocket about $70+tax in cash, plus $30 or so in gamestop credit from previous flips lol

Traded in 2 need for speeds to gs (1 ps3/1xbox) for about 40 after bonus. and sending 4 (2 of each) to amazon for $66 in credit...

would have loved to pick up a few games pming toyrus, but the 2 targets i tried all denied "print ads" had to be the actual newspaper ad. but still happy with my haul :)

#1878 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

Uncharted 3 (PS3): $9.99
Red Dead Redemption (PS3): $9.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3): $9.99
Medieval Moves (PS3): $0.00
Driver (Xbox 360): $0.00
Space Marine (Xbox 360): $0.00

The ones that were $0 were ones on clearance for $12, but the coupon applied because of the original price being high enough. Driver I didn't really want, but it was the only half-decent game in the store, and I was out of time. I couldn't get to another Target to get something else.

*cracks knuckles*

:ps3:
AC: Revelations: $9.99 (traded in to GS for $25, used credit to pay for $19.99 copy of Atelier Totori LE after $10 off coupon)
Rayman Origins: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $19.20)
Uncharted 3: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $28.80)

:wii:
Rhythm Heaven Fever: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $22.40)

:360:
Black-Eyed Peas: The Experience: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $25.60)
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record: $9.99
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition: $20.00 (I wish I had known about TRU's ad so that I could have saved another $10... :cry:)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning: $19.99 (PMed BBY's ad)
Rayman Origins: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $20.80)
Sonic Generations: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $25.60)

...Dang, this was an epic promotion. 8-)

Edited by Vigilante, 29 April 2012 - 01:58 AM.
Italicized titles

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1879 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Too many people making minimum wage... to go through all the hassles to make ... $50 or $70 profit tops. I have better things to do with my time and energy than to go to Target so many times and kiss ass with employees so they can take 20 trades or so... especially those with balls to take PS1 games and even Sega Genesis games from what I read. People have guts to do shit like this.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#1880 BroncosSB

BroncosSB

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) $20 [After PMing Gamestop]

What did you used to PM? GS I went on Fri. didn't have the printed ad, they only had a single laminated sheet and wouldn't let me have it.

Fun to read everyone haul. I took a break today but here are my winning from 4 days:
ACR
gow3

6x
The Run
uc3
Black I P
Modracers

Nick Dance x5
Sonic x4
Disney Uni x2

I love you thread, I will be sad to see you go.

#1881 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:04 AM

My "winnings"

4 x need for speed the run for xbox (all free)
3 x need for speed the run for ps3 (all free)

1600 xbox points (free)
3 x $20 psn cards (all free)

Traded in 2 need for speeds to gs (1 ps3/1xbox) for about 40 after bonus. and sending 4 (2 of each) to amazon for $66 in credit...

Good scores but got damn that's too much work for me. Besides that I don't have the balls to get free stuff like this when the coupon clearly states "game must be $29.99 or higher". I have morals and standards.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#1882 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Gamestop only had this plain printed out sheet where they listed all the games on sale cause they didn't have any proper printed ads.
Target employee was like whatever (plus Gamestop is literally right next to their parking lot).
I got lucky, most of the times I get denied if I don't have the proper ad (which BB is probably the only shop that's easy to get cause they always have ample copies at the front door)

#1883 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Good to see a local CAG in my area,now I know I better jump on some of these deals quick now LOL.
If it was the thick chick then ya she was pretty helpful, but the other mobile worker who was a guy was cool yesterday but a super douche today, he was even telling me yesterday that he was a gamer and should jump on the promotion too. After 2 days I got to say i got what i wanted anyway.

:360: AC revelations $10
:ps3:Metal gear solid HD $20
:360:Dead Island $10

Yeah it was the thick one. It was the first trade in she had done. I hit the other Target four seperate times and picked up some DS games for the kids that I normally wouldn't grab until they had a decent price drop. Was also able to trade a couple of my "winnings" to GS for a copy of The Witcher 2 (I had called and asked them to hold the one used copy they had, when I showed up they had already sold it. So the manager gave me a new copy at the used price)

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#1884 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:19 AM

Good scores but got damn that's too much work for me. Besides that I don't have the balls to get free stuff like this when the coupon clearly states "game must be $29.99 or higher". I have morals and standards.

Oh brother it's arguably moreso a glitch than some sort of scam. Technically the register accepts it because MSRP is $39.99. The coupon is read before any sale to be stacked.

#1885 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Too many people making minimum wage... to go through all the hassles to make ... $50 or $70 profit tops. I have better things to do with my time and energy than to go to Target so many times and kiss ass with employees so they can take 20 trades or so... especially those with balls to take PS1 games and even Sega Genesis games from what I read. People have guts to do shit like this.

:lol:So you have 'better things' to do with your time than doing this promotion, yet you found enough time to preach about moral standards?:applause: Awesome.

Don't you work at Gamestop? I'd say that alone renders any morality speeches you could give others null and void since GS reps have to lie to customers every day("like omg you'll NEVER find this game in stores unless you pre-order with us") just to keep their jobs.

Posted Image

#1886 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

*cracks knuckles*

:ps3:
AC: Revelations: $9.99 (traded in to GS for $25, used credit to pay for $19.99 copy of Atelier Totori LE after $10 off coupon)
Rayman Origins: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $19.20)
Uncharted 3: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $28.80)

:wii:
Rhythm Heaven Fever: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $22.40)

:360:
Black-Eyed Peas: The Experience: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $25.60)
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record: $9.99
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition: $20.00 (I wish I had known about TRU's ad so that I could have saved another $10... :cry:)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning: $19.99 (PMed BBY's ad)
Rayman Origins: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $20.80)
Sonic Generations: $9.99 (traded in to BBY for $25.60)

...Dang, this was an epic promotion. 8-)

Man you guys were all able to trade the same game to best buy as long as its for different platforms...not fair:roll:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1887 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

:lol:So you have 'better things' to do with your time than doing this promotion, yet you found enough time to preach about moral standards?:applause: Awesome.

Don't you work at Gamestop? I'd say that alone renders any morality speeches you could give others null and void since GS reps have to lie to customers every day("like omg you'll NEVER find this game in stores unless you pre-order with us") just to keep their jobs.

:lol::lol::lol:

I *heart* IATCG

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#1888 MrSmiley1

MrSmiley1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

I have 2 online pass codes from Uncharted 3 that I am flipping. PM me if you need one.

#1889 ironmenpb

ironmenpb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

went to gamestop ... bought 4 games for $12. went to target and traded in games and picked up Sonic Generations(360) and Black Eyed Peas(360) for $19. went straight to best buy and got a total of $48 after 50% bonus.

TIV at best buy
Sonic Generations - $16
Black Eyed Peas - $16

#1890 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

Traded Gran Turismo 3 and Final Fantasy XII to get Uncharted 3. Had two other games to trade, but they were too scratched :cry: Was going to try to get Golden Sun for free, but whatever.

My bro traded in two crap PS1 games- Dracula: The Last Sanctuary and SpongeBob Supersponge to get Rage for free. He bought some random item with it because he felt bad getting something free.

Weird thing about this Target was that it was bigger than the other one I went to, but it had a smaller game section. Didn't have any issues with the lady running the mobile kiosk, but I did have to point out that it says to use promo game for any game not in the system. She spent like 5 minutes trying to find Gran Tursimo until I said something.

Hopefully they do this again soon. Awesome promotion! :applause: