DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#1891 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

I have 2 online pass codes from Uncharted 3 that I am flipping. PM me if you need one.

Dont need the online pass, but thanks for the info. I didn't even know there was an online code (its on the back of the manual). Thought there was just a code for the Starhawk beta.
Posted Image

#1892 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Got 8 games for $7.20 at GS. Traded each to Target for 4 coupons. Bought:

NFS: The Run (free)
LA Noire Complete ($9.99)
Uncharted Golden Abyss ($19.99)
Rayman Origins Vita ($19.99)

Not bad....flipped NFS: The Run to GS for $19.20, and traded my vanilla copy of LA Noire to BB for $12.80.

#1893 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:00 AM

Too many people making minimum wage... to go through all the hassles to make ... $50 or $70 profit tops. I have better things to do with my time and energy than to go to Target so many times and kiss ass with employees so they can take 20 trades or so... especially those with balls to take PS1 games and even Sega Genesis games from what I read. People have guts to do shit like this.

Thats what I'm saying how do some of you guys have so much time to trade in 20 plus games when it took me about an hour to do 2 gamee
Posted Image

#1894 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

...Hopefully they do this again soon. Awesome promotion! :applause:

I think this is a situation where it will be both the first and last time they run a promotion like this. Anything similar will sure to have clauses like GS stop has (i.e. games for specific systems that have a normal trade in value over X amount)

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#1895 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

Thats what I'm saying how do some of you guys have so much time to trade in 20 plus games when it took me about an hour to do 2 gamee

For one, I'm still unemployed/underemployed. So I could've gone any day this week to do the trades. But I kept trying to decide if I wanted to bother with the promo at all. With all of the restrictions and the super YMMV nature of getting them to do the 'promo' game thing I kept changing my mind.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1896 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

I'm unemployed...although I like to claim I'm self employed.
I have nothing better to do.

It also pays to be friendly with the workers.

#1897 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

RDR GOTY was a regional price cut. I checked at mine, even punching the DCPI into the price checker and it came up 39.99. Big boo-urns on that one. :/

When did you check it? The price change happened on 4/27. I bought 1 copy on 4/26:cry: and 2 copies on 4/27:). I tried to return/rebuy the 4/26 one but the CS was clueless and I would have lost 10 in total(lower price but lost coupon in the transaction). No point in fighting over 10 bucks after all the pillaging I did this week8-). BTW, if you look at the slide label under RDR GOTY, you will see "Was $39.99, now $29.99" and in the fine print under that you will see the date of 4/27, which was when that slide label was printed up. Both Targets I checked had this label yesterday and today. None had it earlier in the week(just said $39.99).

#1898 io

io

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

Went and tried again a little bit ago. Douchebag said I could only trade in 2 games during the whole promotion, cause he remembered me from yesterday. He said nobody came in today to do multiple trades and said I was lying, gave him the finger and told him to screw himself. The lady at the kezier station target gladly accepted my second batch of trade in's and said ya it's suppose to be 2 a day. So i wouldn't waste the gas if your trying to get multiple trades from salem cause it's only 2 a day at kezier station and once only at Lancaster mall location. Don't know where this dude got his info from!

Hey, h2dk is a long-time CAG and me and him used to compare notes on the ol' Gamerush store that was up here. Man, those were the days ;). But what you experienced was part of the frustraton of this promo: different employees (or even the same in some cases) on different days had all sorts of different "rules". For the most part it seems people in our area were hardasses though compared to much of the rest of the country. It is always like that - can't quite figure that one out.

Ah, another local CAG and a Duck fan none-the-less :roll: ;)

It was yesterday when I was in there and I told her about the promo code. She was going to allow me to do as many as I wanted, but it took 30 minutes to do the first two so I called it good.

Meh - Ducks and Beavers... I could do without the lot of 'em ;).

But yeah, I actually thought of going down to Keizer this evening but I was able to get rid of my last 2 sets of games at a store much further north. I stopped in another and the same manager guy who told me 1 per household per entire promo was working at this store (that I had never been to for the promo). The guy was everywhere and has a big reach (covering 3 stores 20-30 miles apart). I just bought some clearance games, some Coke products, and left and headed north to the next closest Target. At that one, the guy did say 1 set per day, but I convinced him to use my wife's ID for the second set and that was that.

All in all I did pretty good - not gonna list it all here but it was pretty much what everyone else got with the exception that I shelled out $20 for FONV Ultimate and didn't bother with the TRU PM. I just know that wouldn't fly here.

As an aside, if you just look at the game trades/$20 coupons it seems like Target/Radio Shack/Nextworth lost money on this deal but on the other hand consider this: nearly every time I went in to Target I ended up buying other stuff. I bought grocery items, a flashlight for my son, some toys, and various other things. So in terms of getting people in the store spending money, I think it was probably pretty successful.

Too many people making minimum wage... to go through all the hassles to make ... $50 or $70 profit tops. I have better things to do with my time and energy than to go to Target so many times and kiss ass with employees so they can take 20 trades or so... especially those with balls to take PS1 games and even Sega Genesis games from what I read. People have guts to do shit like this.

Hey, I assure you I make well over minimum wage. I looked at this promo as a way to clear out clutter. I could never just toss these old games, so this was a great way to get rid of them. I turned pretty much worthless stuff into $10 apiece and freed up space so I can organize my stacks of games a little better ;). Also, when it worked smoothly, it was actually kind of fun to do this - just like the hunt for clearance games is fun. People who break everything down into dollars and cents and time spent don't get it - it is about the hunt as much as all of that.

And PS1 games were part of the promo so no problem there. Genesis games were definitely not, though - but then I don't have anything like that anyway. I found 3 sealed PS1 games I must have gotten from TRU 90% off green tag clearance or something a long time back. I never had a PS1 (was a PC gamer after I had my Atari and Colecovision and didn't get back into consoles until the Gamecube), but I found these buried WAY deep in the closet, behind some Jampacks. Getting rid of those felt particularly good.

#1899 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Ok wow the 14 (or was it 16 lol) trade in took so damn long. The guy didn't mind but was like 0.0 when I told him my number of games. I basically got all the games listed in the OP but I really wanted NFS, sadly it was recently marked down to $19.99 so I asked if I could buy it w/ coupon and the guy straight out said no when I went to pick out my games. The 360 version remained $40 :( wtf man, I wanted that one for $10. I was also told the PSN cards would not work with discount. Boo.

Anyhow I ended up going to a different Target in search of Uncharted GA. It was like 15 mins out of my way but I had 3 coupons unused so I wanted to use them, no need to waste good coupons. So I got there, found the Vita game and went to pay. The guy rang the games and the 1st coupon. Then he hesitated on the other 2 and called a manager. I was sooo lucky I had the coupon with receipts because the manager asked me to show her proof of the trade ins. She was like "they could be copies".... I was like b*tch I would of made 9 copies but I didn't. I only have 3 left over. Anyways she said OK and let the cashier scan them. I was getting nervous as each Target has its share of idiots. (I was mad BC I had 9 receipts and 3 coupons which I pointed out for her but still demanded to see 3 of them)

Now I can trade Max 2 copies of the same game to Gamestop without getting a red flag? Same system also as they were sold out of PS3. Advice?

#1900 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Also, when it worked smoothly, it was actually kind of fun to do this - just like the hunt for clearance games is fun. People who break everything down into dollars and cents and time spent don't get it - it is about the hunt as much as all of that.

:applause:Exactly. The hunt for deals is as satisfying as actually finding them. Although the rush you get from finding an insane deal is incredible.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1901 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

I picked up :
Gears of War 3
Portal 2 x360
Sonic Generations PS3
Mafia II x360
Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga PS3
Medieval Moves

I used 6 coupons in one transaction and paid $32.57 for 6 games. I was looking for games to keep and play and not flip to BB. I am happy with what I got.

#1902 Ki77a KiD TRe

Ki77a KiD TRe

Crazy Ass Guero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

Finally went in tonight to try this deal out at the last minute, but alas I had no idea that the mobile reps are only there from 1pm-8pm (which is when I sleep due to working graveshift). Missed out on the best deal of the year but I'll survive, just kinda bummed I couldn't get Rayman Origins and Disney Universe for my g/f.
Gamerscore Anniversary
40,000 - 09/07/09 ----- 50,000 - 03/10/10
54,321 - 05/30/10 ----- 60,000 - 09/16/10
70,000 - 02/28/11 ----- 80,000 - 10/30/11
90,000 - 05/11/12 ---- 100,000 - 12/01/12
110,000 - ??/??/13 ----- 123,456 - ??/??/13

Posted Image

#1903 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

When did you check it? The price change happened on 4/27. I bought 1 copy on 4/26:cry: and 2 copies on 4/27:). I tried to return/rebuy the 4/26 one but the CS was clueless and I would have lost 10 in total(lower price but lost coupon in the transaction). No point in fighting over 10 bucks after all the pillaging I did this week8-). BTW, if you look at the slide label under RDR GOTY, you will see "Was $39.99, now $29.99" and in the fine print under that you will see the date of 4/27, which was when that slide label was printed up. Both Targets I checked had this label yesterday and today. None had it earlier in the week(just said $39.99).

I checked it earlier tonight, after reports by others that it was price cut to $29.99.

Hey, I assure you I make well over minimum wage. I looked at this promo as a way to clear out clutter. I could never just toss these old games, so this was a great way to get rid of them. I turned pretty much worthless stuff into $10 apiece and freed up space so I can organize my stacks of games a little better . Also, when it worked smoothly, it was actually kind of fun to do this - just like the hunt for clearance games is fun. People who break everything down into dollars and cents and time spent don't get it - it is about the hunt as much as all of that.

Same here. With our business, we buy a ton of stuff as lots, and we always get some worthless junk. We usually just take this junk to the flea market a few weekends during the summer and sell it for a dirt cheap. This provided us a second option, and a chance to build up our personal game library.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#1904 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

I think this is a situation where it will be both the first and last time they run a promotion like this. Anything similar will sure to have clauses like GS stop has (i.e. games for specific systems that have a normal trade in value over X amount)

According to somebody several pages back they've done this several times before- though it was for select titles only. They supposedly do this every 6 weeks or so. I'm sure they'll change the rules if they do it again- so many people taking advantage of it.

Something interesting the lady at the mobile kiosk told me was that if Next Worth doesn't make a profit on the traded in games (if they were too damaged or unsellable), then the Target it was traded in at has to pay a fee to make up for any lost profit. Totally forgot about this until I read your reply.

#1905 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

I picked up :
Gears of War 3
Portal 2 x360
Sonic Generations PS3
Mafia II x360
Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga PS3
Medieval Moves

I used 6 coupons in one transaction and paid $32.57 for 6 games. I was looking for games to keep and play and not flip to BB. I am happy with what I got.

Hopefully you got the Mafia II Platinum Hits w/ all the DLC. I picked one up myself

#1906 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Still 39.99 here in Los Angeles.

#1907 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

totally wish i knew earlier about the clearance game glitch. (the one where if it is normally pre-clearance of 29.99 or more it still works no matter the current price.) I just got back from getting infamous and driver san francisco for free. man I wish I did this earlier.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#1908 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

Picked 4 more games on my last TRIP!
Rise of Nightmares (360) $10
Red Dead Redemption GOTY (360) $10 (Price drop today $29.99)
L.A Noir GOTY (360) $10 (Price Drop Today $29.99)
Dues EX (PS3) $10
"Evil is Funs"

#1909 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

I checked it earlier tonight, after reports by others that it was price cut to $29.99.

Same here. With our business, we buy a ton of stuff as lots, and we always get some worthless junk. We usually just take this junk to the flea market a few weekends during the summer and sell it for a dirt cheap. This provided us a second option, and a chance to build up our personal game library.

Sorry spOOge that blows. Well, with coupon to make it $19.99, still good price. Did you have any luck with Toys R Us PMing? The Targets by me won't even consider any ads I print out..

#1910 Finishoff

Finishoff

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:59 AM

Final haul:
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom vita $10
Uncharted 3 $10
Fifa Vita (2) $10 each
SWTOR 60 Days (2) $10 each
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus $20
MGS Collection $20
DS3 Controller/Uncharted 1&2 $23

It was fun while it lasted, wanted PSN cards but store wouldn't do the overwrites. Glad it has now finally come to an end, I don't even know what I even want anymore.

#1911 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

:applause:Exactly. The hunt for deals is as satisfying as actually finding them. Although the rush you get from finding an insane deal is incredible.

That's how I am. When I noticed Ace Combat was on clarence, I quickly looked up the trade in value. Then flipped it. Maybe my free copy of NFS that much sweeter. I was shopping at Kmart yesterday, and they reduced their Easter candy to 90% off. ;) I cleaned them out. Now I won't have to buy candy for work or when I want something to snack on when I'm gaming.

#1912 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Why would you guys trade in your personal collection? I can understand if it's something you really want to get rid of because you don't need it anymore, but I just went to Gamestop and traded in a ton of $.99 games. I traded in 12 games and all but one was $.99. The one that wasn't was $1.99, since I couldn't find another $.99 one.

I actually traded in six games I got for free from Gamecrazy right when they closed. They were sitting there collecting dust so it was better to get rid of them. I'm glad they were complete though.

#1913 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

Final haul:
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom vita $10
Uncharted 3 $10
Fifa Vita (2) $10 each
SWTOR 60 Days (2) $10 each
Ico & Shadow of the Colossus $20
MGS Collection $20
DS3 Controller/Uncharted 1&2 $23

It was fun while it lasted, wanted PSN cards but store wouldn't do the overwrites. Glad it has now finally come to an end, I don't even know what I even want anymore.

howd you get all those vita games for $10. Arent they all $40?

#1914 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Why would you guys trade in your personal collection? I can understand if it's something you really want to get rid of because you don't need it anymore, but I just went to Gamestop and traded in a ton of $.99 games. I traded in 12 games and all but one was $.99. The one that wasn't was $1.99, since I couldn't find another $.99 one.

Well most of us did that I would think. The personal collection I parted with:Doom 3 PC, Chessmaster PS1, Tomb Raider 2 PS1(thought it would be too scratched but he took it), NHL '98 PS1, NFL Gameday '2000 PS1, VR Golf '97 PS1, NHL '2000 PS1, Golden Nugget PS1. I don't even have a PS1 controller anymore so I won't miss this shelf clutter-well worth the 80 bucks credit IMO. All others were GS dollar bin trash though

#1915 Junkyard Dawg

Junkyard Dawg

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

I'll definitely nominate this for deal of the year. It is unfortunate that not everyone was able to take advantage of it though. I had to make 6 trips to target this week to pull it off due to 1 of the employees limiting me to 1 trade a day. And the days another employee was there, I only brought 6 games at a time so I didn't overwhelm her. Traded all junk ps2 and xbox games, Madden 03-07, NCAA 03 and up etc.

However, my total haul was:

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) $20
InFamous 2 (PS3) $20
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3) $20
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3) $20
Read Dead Redemption complete (PS3) $10
Goldeneye: Reloaded (PS3) $10
L.A. Noire complete (PS3) $10
Sonic Generations (PS3) $10
Dead Rising 2: OTR (PS3) $10
Disney Universe (PS3) Free
Left 4 Dead 2 $10
Dance Central $10
Kinect Sports $10
Rise of Nightmares $10

I was able to price match Gamestop on 2 games, Goldeneye and Mass Effect which lead to the lowered price on those 2. Also pricematched Best Buy on Kingdoms of Amalur and Disney Universe and it rang up for free. Seems I got lucky on that one. Let us hope for equally awesome Nextworth promotions in the future, but I find it highly unlikely.

#1916 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

You know what the worst part of this deal is? Now we're never gonna get rid of any old crappy games waiting for this deal to come around again.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1917 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

Hopefully you got the Mafia II Platinum Hits w/ all the DLC. I picked one up myself

Yes it was the platinum hits. That's what made me get it.

#1918 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:37 AM

Target's game selection is pretty lacking. There wasn't really anything I wanted or hadn't already played. Decided to do the deal anyways as GHIII and Sonic Superstar Tennis have absolutely zero trade-in value elsewhere and I wasn't ever going to touch those games ever again.

Ended up just picking up Dark Souls for 19.99. Decent deal. Thanks OP

#1919 chicho13_420

chicho13_420

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

Yeah it was the thick one. It was the first trade in she had done. I hit the other Target four seperate times and picked up some DS games for the kids that I normally wouldn't grab until they had a decent price drop. Was also able to trade a couple of my "winnings" to GS for a copy of The Witcher 2 (I had called and asked them to hold the one used copy they had, when I showed up they had already sold it. So the manager gave me a new copy at the used price)

Nice. I wanted a copy of the witcher 2 but didn't want to go thru the hassle of trying to get them to price match. That pretty cool of the manager at GS giving you a new copy for used price. Well hopefully another promotion pops up at target again, so i know what employee to hit up at Lancaster store. Thick chick FTW. lol

#1920 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

All the games I traded in were games I was unlikely to ever play again, either because I didn't have a way of playing them, or they were just really old and I no longer enjoyed them.

Plus, I'm not a fan of hoarding ;)

The only game I had mixed feelings about trading in was Final Fantasy XII, but I'm not likely to play it since I don't have a PS2, and my PS3 lacks BC. There are some PS2 games I'll never trade in though- unless they release HD versions.