DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1968 replies to this topic

#1951 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

Is anybody here a Target Mobile employee? I saw we start a Target Trade-In Promos thread. The Target Mobile employee said that they have promos every week, but almost never are advertised in the Target ad.

I'm a Target Mobile employee, yes we do have deals most weeks, but it's usually just for trading in cell phones or iDevices and the deals are not even close to being as good as this past week's. This is the first major game deal we ever had. And the only other one I can remember is "Trade in an old version of Madden and get $10 off the new version" from last year.

While this promotion was no doubt successful for them in terms of getting people to check out Target Mobile, I don't think they will ever have a promotion like this again. It felt like God was killing a kitten for every copy of Madden 01 or Rock Band Track Pack Iprocessed. And I can only imagine the amount of people who decided to make copies of the coupon when certain T.M.s refused to trade in all of their games. Whoever's idea it was to have this promotion will probably get fired or resign, lol. But at least us CAG's got one hell of a thrill from it. :D

UyUhMmy.png

#1952 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

This deal will probably never going to happen again after what this guy did...

That is just crazy. Who goes to Staples to get 20 color copies when 98% of household printers can do it?! Nut job... ;)

Really though, someone high up on the Target Mobile food chain is getting fired.

UyUhMmy.png

#1953 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Was this deal really that good? People are talking about it like it was the greatest thing ever...

The only thing in my opinion that made it good was the ability to to sell/trade some of the games purchased after the coupon for profit.

But even in doing that (Trading/selling) you're doing a lot of legwork.

And before you say how "profitable" it was I'll take the $19.99 MW3 TRU glitch last week over this Target deal anyday.

I think the biggest reason this deal was so popular was people thought they were pulling a fast one on Gamestop/BestBuy/Target

#1954 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I didn't think I would be able to build a vita library so fast. Thanks Target. In hindsight though, all I needed were Lumines and katamari. Marvel vs capcom does look amazing though.

It was awesome cause you could get rid of all the crap on your shelves.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#1955 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Late to the party but had a great customer experience yesterday. Dude had no problem doing 6 transactions, especially when doing as promo game or even entering my license multiple times. UC3 and GoW3 were all gone but picked up a few other ones I wanted. Had no PS1 games but luckily I had a bunch of games with a combined trade in value of under $2. Sometimes I don't know why I keep old games like that. Could have gotten maybe $5 each on ebay but this was way better of a deal.

#1956 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

This deal will probably never going to happen again after what this guy did...

Wow... I really hope this guy gets caught and jailed.

And I honestly wonder how much money Target is going to lose with this promo? As much as I like Target, part me of doesn't care out of jealousy that so many of you were able to enjoy the full benefits of this promo while a handful of us got little benefit out of it.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#1957 BABETOOTH

BABETOOTH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Was this deal really that good? People are talking about it like it was the greatest thing ever...

The only thing in my opinion that made it good was the ability to to sell/trade some of the games purchased after the coupon for profit.

But even in doing that (Trading/selling) you're doing a lot of legwork.

And before you say how "profitable" it was I'll take the $19.99 MW3 TRU glitch last week over this Target deal anyday.

I think the biggest reason this deal was so popular was people thought they were pulling a fast one on Gamestop/BestBuy/Target

Gee I don't know. What about turning a game that's sitting in your attic that's worth 10 cents and turning it into $10 credit. That is key...
Posted Image

Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large numbers!!!

#1958 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Well this has to be the greatest gaming deal for me since the legendary $8.98 Circuit City deal of 2006. Too bad it only lasted for a week. In the end, I picked up Uncharted Dual Pack, Uncharted 3, Rayman Origins, Crysis 2 Limited Edition and Sonic Generations for a grand total of $60. This deal will be inducted into the CAG Hall of Fame I'm sure.

You clearly dont remember the 5 dollar CC deal of 2004, now THAT was amazing.

Thanks to everyone who helped out in this thread. Its always a good time. My final haul was this;

MGS HD
GOW Origins
Tekken Hybrid
Uncharted 3

We should do this again sometime

#1959 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Gee I don't know. What about turning a game that's sitting in your attic that's worth 10 cents and turning it into $10 credit. That is key...

Really, this. I didn't even need to hit Gamestop. I had a bunch of old PS1, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and sealed pc games that I didn't want and weren't worth anything on the open market. The guy I was working with even commented on that, but he had no qualms with it because it was within the promo guidelines. I considered dropping some unsealed (but deauthorized) PC games and some pre-PS1 games, but decided that would be a dick move. Since the coupon stacked with all the good promo prices that week, ymmv price matches, and even clearance games, there were great deals to be had.

#1960 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Too many people making minimum wage... to go through all the hassles to make ... $50 or $70 profit tops. I have better things to do with my time and energy than to go to Target so many times and kiss ass with employees so they can take 20 trades or so... especially those with balls to take PS1 games and even Sega Genesis games from what I read. People have guts to do shit like this.

someone is jealous lol...i make ALOT more than minimum wage, and still tried to get in on the deal as many times as i could. u dont have to look down on people who make minimum wage if anything this is more for people who make minimum wage, im pretty sure u would have loved getting games for 10 bucks that normally costs 30-60.

#1961 Teujip

Teujip

Once upon a CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

so I went to my local target yesterday, with a PC game (Hellgate London), and the Hulk PS2. got turned down. The kid didn't know about the code for games not found, and as I was in a rush, I didn't argue.
Oh well, I guess that keeps me from adding stuff to my backlog.
Posted Image

#1962 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

What happens if we want to do an exchange? I want to swap LA Noire complete ps3 for Rayman origins

#1963 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

I am going to try and exchange my Portal 2 for 360 for the PS3 version tomorrow. I did not abuse this as I got games I wanted to play, except for 1 UC3 I traded to BB early in the week. I actually had restraint this time and didn't pull a B:AC.

#1964 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

What happens if we want to do an exchange? I want to swap LA Noire complete ps3 for Rayman origins

Be polite and try to show them the games are the same price. Also good luck and let us know what happens.

#1965 ThisHnmdsmeDevil

ThisHnmdsmeDevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

Be polite and try to show them the games are the same price. Also good luck and let us know what happens.

Wish me luck

#1966 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:01 AM

Fuck missed this.

#1967 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Shaq-Fu misses everything.

#1968 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Denied trying to swap Portal 2 x360 for PS3 version.

#1969 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Its weird that "Promo Game" is still active in nextworth site...

Hope they do this promo again. (highly doubt it though)

Anybody went to their Target Mobile today and asked about any upcoming deals on video games again? hehe!