DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#241 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

A buddy of mine just got back from a Target after I told him of this deal that I just took advantage of. Apparently the Mobile Clerk told him that they could only do one coupon per day per person. He traded in 2 old PS2 games and they were accepted.

The coupons must be used same day, they have an expiration date of whatever day they print. He's off to Best Buy to grab their ad to take it back to Target to pricematch SSX for $39.99 and then use the $20 coupon. Not bad.

I'm considering doing this to PM Silent Hill HD Collection for $29.99 and then get it for $10 after the coupon...

AdmrlBalls.png

#242 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Target's official price match policy says they apply their own coupons before any price adjustments and only further matches if it's still not enough (which totally defeats the point of using said coupons in the first place...) so YMMV on that, but worth a try.

#243 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Mobile rep was supposed to be in at 11:00 AM. Twenty minutes later, there's still no sign of anyone. One Target employee said "I think I saw him in the bathroom".

Waiting another ten before I see if there's a corpse in the stall.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#244 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Mobile rep was supposed to be in at 11:00 AM. Twenty minutes later, there's still no sign of anyone. One Target employee said "I think I saw him in the bathroom".

Waiting another ten before I see if there's a corpse in the stall.

Maybe he witnessed a murder and is afraid to come out.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#245 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

btw, I was just looking for old games I could care less about, and original xbox KOTOR 2 is worth $10.90. what's up with that schizzle?

#246 czissis

czissis

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Got two coupons by trading in 4 games (2 myself, 2 by my girlfriend). It took the clerk a solid 20 minutes to figure out how to process it. Got MLB 12 and Unit 13 for vita.

#247 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

btw, I was just looking for old games I could care less about, and original xbox KOTOR 2 is worth $10.90. what's up with that schizzle?

That's a pretty valuable game, as are a lot of original Xbox games. I would look it up on amazon

#248 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

does anyone know if this promotion can be combined while trying to get a price match with the bestbuy ad?
(Best buy has some games on sale that I wanted to get).

thanks in advance.

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#249 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Ok. I had to go to two Target's because the Mobile rep said only one coupon per day. So if you get more than one a day, it's YMMV and your Mobile rep is cooler than mine...lol. But the other Target is close, so it didn't bother me. I actually went to three Targets, but the Mobile rep never showed up at the first.

Anyway, so I traded two PS2 games, and two old, cheap 360 games. Note to traders. You don't get the value, plus $20...you just get $20, so make sure your trades are cheap. The most expensive trade I had was Homefront @ $1.75 (which I bought at Best Buy for $1.27!), so as stated earlier, the game doesn't have to be $5 or more.

Target price matched Kingdoms of Amular from Best Buy with no problems (you must have physical ad, though). So I got that for $20 after coupon, and I also got Sonic Generations for $10 after coupon. Plus I used my Red card to pay and got 5% off. So both games were right around $31 including tax. Great day for me at Target! I wish this deal was last week as I would have price matched BB's Mass Effect 3 sale. Owell...still very happy with my purchases!

Edited by mightymek, 22 April 2012 - 06:52 PM.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#250 JohnnySako

JohnnySako

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

I was able to get three coupons today by myself... two during one visit and the third about 2 hrs later. The six games I traded in had TIVs ranging from $0.10 to $3.10 and had no issues with either transaction aside from the printer problems the mobile rep was having.

I have a feeling this promotion won't last the entire week in its current format (any two games, regardless of value), so I wanted to get my trades in now, just in case.

#251 Lopros

Lopros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Got two coupons by trading in 4 games (2 myself, 2 by my girlfriend). It took the clerk a solid 20 minutes to figure out how to process it. Got MLB 12 and Unit 13 for vita.

I have Unit 13. Send me a friends invite if you want and we can play some CoOp missions. My PSN ID= LoPros

#252 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Wow, what a two bit operation. I went to trade in 4 games, and it took him 20 minutes to find all the games. And one the games didn't qualify because it had a tiny scratch. After that, it took him another 20 minutes to print out my coupon because... he had the wrong printer selected.:bomb:

And Target's game selection sucks. I picked up Super Mario 3D Land. I'm not sure I'll do this again but it was nice to get rid of 2 otherwise worthless games.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#253 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Is the mobile store locator acting messed up for anybody else? I could have sworn when I searched this morning it showed me 3 targets in my area that accept trade ins but now it's not showing any.

#254 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Wow, what a two bit operation. I went to trade in 4 games, and it took him 20 minutes to find all the games. And one the games didn't qualify because it had a tiny scratch. After that, it took him another 20 minutes to print out my coupon because... he had the wrong printer selected.:bomb:

And Target's game selection sucks. I picked up Super Mario 3D Land. I'm not sure I'll do this again but it was nice to get rid of 2 otherwise worthless games.

I had a bunch of games denied for scratches. It was kind of ridiculous the level of scratching the rep was rejecting. A few were denied just for some light scuffing...

#255 Tonks

Tonks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Is the mobile store locator acting messed up for anybody else? I could have sworn when I searched this morning it showed me 3 targets in my area that accept trade ins but now it's not showing any.

Same for me. I think it's messed up.

#256 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

A buddy of mine just got back from a Target after I told him of this deal that I just took advantage of. Apparently the Mobile Clerk told him that they could only do one coupon per day per person. He traded in 2 old PS2 games and they were accepted.

The coupons must be used same day, they have an expiration date of whatever day they print. He's off to Best Buy to grab their ad to take it back to Target to pricematch SSX for $39.99 and then use the $20 coupon. Not bad.

I'm considering doing this to PM Silent Hill HD Collection for $29.99 and then get it for $10 after the coupon...

I was told the same. Also Silent Hill HD is not in store.

Somehow I got Dead Island free after coupon.

It was marked $29.00 and the guy said don't worry he can override the coupon to work on games that are less than 29.99.

I don't know if he scanned the coupon twice or what happened, but he totaled it out and it was 0.00. I asked if that is right and I had my credit card in hand and he told me it was correct and gave me my receipt.

#257 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

none in fort wayne or anywhere near us INDY is the only place in INDIANA and Michigan around south bend

Had 20 XboX 360 games i was going to dump :(
WOOOO I STINK

#258 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

It was marked $29.00 and the guy said don't worry he can override the coupon to work on games that are less than 29.99.

I don't know if he scanned the coupon twice or what happened, but he totaled it out and it was 0.00. I asked if that is right and I had my credit card in hand and he told me it was correct and gave me my receipt.

That's pretty awesome! Nice!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#259 Recon116

Recon116

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Will coupon work on PC games?

I picked up the Witcher 2 for PC for $10 using one of the coupons. The price came up as $50 when the clerk scanned it, but the shelf said $29.99 for whatever reason. I told them about it and got it adjusted. Definitely YMMV on that price for TW2, but the coupon seems to work just fine on PC games.

#260 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

The store locator does not show any within 200 miles of me. I know there are 2 targets in jackson but I guess they don't take trade ins.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#261 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

The store locator does not show any within 200 miles of me. I know there are 2 targets in jackson but I guess they don't take trade ins.

As been mentioned before, the online store checker is down. You will have to call and ask.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#262 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

:ps3: Uncharted 3 is $29.99 this week I believe .. so $9.99 out the door with this coupon.

Tempted to go dig in some boxes in the closet for some PS2 games.

#263 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Was able to trade in 4 game at once and got two coupons. Turned around and bought Portal 2 and Uncharted 3 for 21.xx out the door. Pretty happy with it. I traded in Elite Beat Agents, Dark Void, Condemned 2 and Timeshift.

#264 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Call and ask. The store locator will NOT tell you.

On another note, I went to another target and traded more games in I had laying around.

They took resident evil 4 (wii) and No More Heroes (wii) for the $20.

Just so you guys know, the coupon will print as JUST $20. You do NOT get the change the games rang up as in addition.

So its like this.

• Resident Evil 4 - Originally $ .62 trade in, rings up as $10.00 trade in.
  • No More Heroes Wii - Originally $ .36 trade in, rings up as $10.00 trade in.
  • Grand total of $20.00, which is printed out as a coupon, NOT a gift card.
Also, some more info: I tried tading in Trauma Center: Second Opinion and they would not take it without the manual, despite me trading in a disc only NBA2k6 the first time I did it.

ALSO, the copy of No More Heroes I traded in did NOT have the original case. Just a black dvd case. The guy said it looked ok to him so it's fine to trade it in.

So, TL;DR YMMV on trade-ins with this promotion. It seems pretty much up to the guy at the register whether or not your trade will work.

#265 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Had to spend $6 at GS to get their cheapest games with case, manual, and artwork that were eligible. UC3 for $16 then.

Also scored a Vita USB cable for $8. Sadly couldn't find an AC adaptor.

#266 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

In line.now, someone is getting a phone contract, and the lady at the.mobile computer hasn't worked in a month and has to find out how to do the promotion.

Am I lucky or what?

#267 derby70

derby70

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Traded in NBA 2K10 and Madden 10 for PS3. With the $20 coupon, picked up MvsDK on DS. Fun fun.

#268 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

LA Noire Complete is 29.99, so that is decent for $10.

#269 crypto186

crypto186

MISC - U AWARE?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Traded in 4 ps2 games: Ace combat 5, the punisher, bully, destroy all humans 2. (Amazing games in their own time..I kind of wanted to play them, but my ps3 doesnt have backward compatibility...oh well).
1 xbox: GTA San Andreas
1 PSP: Daxter

I got 60 bucks in coupons...I bought GOW3, Uncharted 3, and Assassin's Creed Revelations for a total of $30. I also have a card now from Target. Idk what it does really..

Sweet deal! All in one go too.

#270 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Yeah not sure why Silent Hill HD Collection is not in stores or online for PS3?? They carry the 360 version though...

Wow, nice pull on Dead Island. Funny you mention that, I saw that when I was there trying to decide which game to get and I assumed it wouldn't qualify with it being $29.00 instead of $29.99. Here and you got away with it being free.

I also took into consideration that Dead Island will probably drop to around $10 soon for a Gamefly nightly sale so I can wait.

A friend of mine just landed Tiger '13 for $19.99 after the BB ad price match and the $20 off coupon. He's now headed to another Target to get SSX for the same price.

AdmrlBalls.png