Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Mass Effect 3 $29.99 - Tuesday 4/24 - Full Schedule & Prices

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#241 apokalypse

apokalypse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

I posted a few pages back about the fightstick, would you guys recommend this stick over the Hori UMVC 3 stick? If so, why?

#242 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Gutted really, considering I purchased it for $40 only 6 days ago, arrived yesterday so nothing i can do now. Ah well, great game and a good deal again by amazon! I don't think i've bought a game elsewhere so far this year!
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#243 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

well I passed out during the KOF13 sale, some new drug I am prescribed "vyvance" which is supposed to have side effects trouble sleeping... weird.

I woke up and it was over. Amazon customer service chat said no, then a phone call got me a $5 credit toward any future purchase. Weird I spend thousands with these people and let me keep return items valued under $10 and they can't give me $15 promo that was an hour old?

I think they actually hooked me up with $15 off when they had EDF: Insect Armageddon 100% sell out in 30 seconds. Ah well.
Posted Image

#244 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

You can only add it once eau. If your countdown expires you miss out on the deal.

Damn. Amazon must have changed it recently. Few months ago I could re-add a LD item after it timed out.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#245 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Damn. Amazon must have changed it recently. Few months ago I could re-add a LD item after it timed out.

Re-adding a LD after it's expired but still available still works for me. Added a FFXIII-2 360 version from the Gold Box page then let it time out. I was able to re-add the 360 copy it at the $24.99 price, although I had to refresh the page twice.

#246 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Re-adding a LD after it's expired but still available still works for me. Added a FFXIII-2 360 version from the Gold Box page then let it time out. I was able to re-add the 360 copy it at the $24.99 price, although I had to refresh the page twice.

The deal is still available so that doesnt tell us much ....

#247 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Am I the only one that actually enjoyed FFXIII? Feels that way most of the time. I feel that its a great price on XIII-2 considering I missed the BB @gamer coupon last month, so I will be happily buying it in 10 minutes.

i enjoyed both FF 13's however they are the only two FF's ive played so i cant compare to older games which is what i often here about it when i hear complaints.

FF 13 isnt perfect but its fun enough. FF 13-2 has some annoying parts and plotholes if you ask me but i enjoyed it since i got it for 15 bucks i honestly cant complain at all. id say 25 bucks is pretty good for it too. though the ending for me redeems the game. sort of how ME2 ending redeemed the game for me as i up to that point thought the game was meh.

but yea in for ME3. 30 bucks cant pass it up considering ive wanted it since launch lol. no i dont know the spoilers other than the ending supposedly sucks. but i dont care. i have very different tastes than most people on what i consider a good ending.

#248 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I posted a few pages back about the fightstick, would you guys recommend this stick over the Hori UMVC 3 stick? If so, why?

No, I would not recommend this over the Hori UMvC3 stick. Yes, they both have the slanted/angled wrist rest area I love so much. That's the biggest selling point over a regular Madcatz TE stick. Yes, it's that noticeable to me especially after a duration of 30+ mins. However, some guys on the SRK forums are complaining it's cheap plastic (cheaply made) compared to the previous TE sticks. I'm gonna have to agree even though I don't own one but a buddy of mine brought it over & I used it for 2+ hours. Take that FWIW. Although that's a good price on a full size stick with Sanwa parts. Not sure when that Hori stick's gonna be on sale again. It was on sale for ~2-weeks for $110 shipped on Amazon until the last few days. Lemme know if you (or anyone else) have anymore questions about sticks.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#249 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

The deal is still available so that doesnt tell us much ....

The LD discount expires after 15 minutes of 'adding' it to your cart. There should be a countdown somewhere.

If it did expire on you, just add the LD to your cart again for another 15 minutes as long as it's still available.

He was referring to the possibility of re-adding a LD after the 15 min timer if the LD is still available, not after the hour(s) that the deal is available as a whole.

#250 trailmix10

trailmix10

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

No, I would not recommend this over the Hori UMvC3 stick. Yes, they both have the slanted/angled wrist rest area I love so much. That's the biggest selling point over a regular Madcatz TE stick. Yes, it's that noticeable to me especially after a duration of 30+ mins. However, some guys on the SRK forums are complaining it's cheap plastic (cheaply made) compared to the previous TE sticks. I'm gonna have to agree even though I don't own one but a buddy of mine brought it over & I used it for 2+ hours. Take that FWIW. Although that's a good price on a full size stick with Sanwa parts. Not sure when that Hori stick's gonna be on sale again. It was on sale for ~2-weeks for $110 shipped on Amazon until the last few days. Lemme know if you (or anyone else) have anymore questions about sticks.

Thanks on the helpful detailed explanation between the two sticks.. should of bought the UMvC3 with amazon credit i had but did not want to burn it on something i was not too sure on...

#251 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

I can't shake the feeling that Amazon is pushing LD orders with FSSS into shipping much faster than regular FSSS orders. Perhaps they really want to get rid of those items and don't want people to change their mind :lol:

My KOF XIII has already entered shipping within 1-2 hrs of ordering. Normally, my other FSSS orders won't even enter shipping until a day or two later (sometimes even longer).
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#252 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Clever move Amazon. Make it $24.99 so that you have to spend more to get free shipping.

#253 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Clever move Amazon. Make it $24.99 so that you have to spend more to get free shipping.

it's a lightning deal right? and prediscount is >$25.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#254 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

5-7 pst

Wierd, it's not showing on the amazon deals app.

#255 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

I grabbed ME3 for $30, not a bad price, stoked, thanks CAG and Amazon.

#256 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

lol hilarious

#257 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

Was trading some extra Indie bundle keys for Steam Dead Space 2 when the FFXIII-2 deal went live. Almost forgot about it completely, but luckily checked back in time. LD was 70% claimed when I put in my order. Also splurged on Mass Effect 3. I'm starting a new job Thursday, so it should work out. Probably can't justify upping my Shadowrun Returns pledge anymore though . . .

Rohsiph.png

#258 will530

will530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Bought ME3 for $39.99 last week.
E-mailed CS and asked them politely to Fuck their post order policy and give me a credit.
They gave me a $10 credit in my GC account.

That's why I'm a customer for life.

#259 tempbast

tempbast

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

I like a heavier weight so, I would choose the madcatz.

But I honestly like the SCV Hori stick better than those two.
http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_2
It has more hardware features that the Madcatz and UMvC3 Hori does not. It has all buttons including L3 and R3. A cover to prevent start button presses. And two usb ports on the stick to connect a headset or keyboard. It doesn't have a curve for your wrist though, that's user preference though. It was on sale for $109.99 on April 2 -April 15.

All 3 sticks use the same joystick and button Sanwa Denshi parts. In the end it's about which one do you like stylistically: ball top color, button color, and cover art (but also with extra cash these are all easily modifiable.)

Edited by tempbast, 25 April 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#260 Zackattack33

Zackattack33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

Shit, randomly checked Amazon today and forgot about the videogame deals. Looks like I'm waitlisted for FFXIII-2, anyone know my chances of getting it? It says my chances are "fair" (doesn't sound too good). I've never actually been on a wait list for anything on Amazon before so any type of clarity would be greatly appreciated...
Also, my apologies if this was answered before, you could just redirect me in the thread if you want, I'm just rushing this post.

Edit: NVM! I was browsing Amazon and something popped up saying it was available...bought it.

Edited by Zackattack33, 25 April 2012 - 12:53 AM.
Solved my own problem!

Posted Image

#261 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Wow, Mass Effect 3 really went down in price quick! I haven't beaten the first one yet (it's on my backlog), so I'll probably just wait for it to go down in price a little more.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#262 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

just bought a cross line fight stick wooo!!!!!!!

#263 monkeydjesus

monkeydjesus

マイリトルポニー

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Got Line 360 fightstick
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#264 Sundercombos

Sundercombos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

got a 360 fightstick as well! yayyyyy!

#265 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Got a PS3 fightstick after being number 7 on the wait list! I think I am done for the day

523546.png

#266 xGunCrazyx

xGunCrazyx

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

Had a $10 credit on Amazon so got ME3 for $20. Not a bad deal, dunno when I'm gonna get around to playing it though lol

#267 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Broke down and got a PS3 cross fight stick

Maybe I should have got a xbox line. Already see people uping it to $160.

#268 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Bought ME3 for $39.99 last week.
E-mailed CS and asked them politely to Fuck their post order policy and give me a credit.
They gave me a $10 credit in my GC account.

That's why I'm a customer for life.

They're pretty legit. I never had a problem with them. I love Amazon's CS.

#269 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

I had Final Fantasy XIII-2 in my cart for PS3, but I dumped it out. I still haven't beaten XIII and I thinking why the hell I was even considering XIII-2 to begin with. I'll just wait until it's drops to $20 at retail and get it used for cheaper.

#270 dank

dank

for your health

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

after the whole "ending" fiasco, i think ill wait a little longer before buying me3.