El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron PS3/XBOX 14.99 Newegg Free shipping

[quote name='angel001']good deal, but is the game any good?[/QUOTE]

It's kinda cool... think trippy visuals like Okami mixed with weird religion-inspired story from Shin Megami Tensei with a simplified version of Devil May Cry's gameplay, with the one unique mechanic being that you steal weapons from your enemies when they're dazed, and these weapons are pretty friggin cool and kind of hard to describe.

Now, that sounds pretty cool on paper but the game definitely isn't for everyone, and many people didn't think it was worth the full price at launch, which is why it's been dropping steadily.

My advice: download the demo, see if you like the battle system and the hints of quirky story you get, and the visuals. After playing the demo, I'd say it's a solid buy for 10-15, though I may wait until it's around ~12, myself.

[quote name='solarnoise']It's kinda cool... think trippy visuals like Okami mixed with weird religion-inspired story from Shin Megami Tensei with a simplified version of Devil May Cry's gameplay, with the one unique mechanic being that you steal weapons from your enemies when they're dazed, and these weapons are pretty friggin cool and kind of hard to describe.

Now, that sounds pretty cool on paper but the game definitely isn't for everyone, and many people didn't think it was worth the full price at launch, which is why it's been dropping steadily.

My advice: download the demo, see if you like the battle system and the hints of quirky story you get, and the visuals. After playing the demo, I'd say it's a solid buy for 10-15, though I may wait until it's around ~12, myself.[/QUOTE]

I literally finished this game 5 minutes ago and you pretty much nailed it. I was just thinking "this game is like the audio/visual of Okami got smashed up with the mythology of SMT." As far as the game goes, it was pretty decent an probably worth the $15. The enemies get a little boring (seems like you're basically fighting the same three types over and over) and there's a lot more platforming than I thought there would be. Also something about the structure kind of bothered me, especially how you "expect" to encounter boss characters and how that actually plays out. More style than substance overall but a solid game.

On a side note, I probably spent 2-3 hrs researching the mythology behind the game just because it was fascinating to me. I actually learned a lot and that "intellectual curiosity" time was well worth the price of the game to me.

[quote name='robdees']
On a side note, I probably spent 2-3 hrs researching the mythology behind the game just because it was fascinating to me. I actually learned a lot and that "intellectual curiosity" time was well worth the price of the game to me.[/QUOTE]

That's really cool! I think it definitely says something when a game creates an experience for you that transcends the "game" part

I've been considering this game for some time. This is the lowest price I've seen. Been watching on Gamestop's website to see if it will go lower than the current $20 for a new copy and $19 for a used copy.

I might jump on this.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Still waiting for $9.99 price :)[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. Game seemed really strange but might be worth trying out for a tenner.

I don't usually throw out opinions after only playing a game for an hour or two but I would suggest avoiding this game at all costs unless you're severely religious and/or are into extremely boring platforming and beyond mediocre combat systems.

Seriously, it was pretty bad.

I thought this game was really fun (story/gameplay), especially for the $15 I paid for it from Gamefly a few months ago.

Very very cool, and thanks for the lesson! I love your unique ink!
22.gif

2.tod.gif

This was actually on sale on Newegg a few weeks ago for this same price (which leads me to believe the price never actually increased since then), and I picked it up then. I haven't had the time to get into it too much, but the game is really beautiful. The combat is nothing to write home about, but there really aren't enough games that focus on actual art design like this one rather than REALISTIC GRAFICKS, which led me to pick it up. It hasn't disappointed so far.

This was one of those games I was alright with paying $60 for at release. Since I let a friend of mine back home borrow my copy, I might as well bite on one here so I can finally finish it~

This game is pretty unique and I think the price is good. Definitely play the demo before you buy though it's pretty strange and won't be everyone's cup of tea.

I just finished this weird game couple weeks ago. Yes, the combat is weak and platforming is boring and frustrating at times. But, it's still worth 1 play through for the weirdness part. :p

I'd buy this, but I really wish Amazon would price match cause I have Amazon gift card cash ready to spend. I submitted this price to them, does having multiple people submit the price give it more priority for Amazon?

[quote name='Strider2K99']I'd buy this, but I really wish Amazon would price match cause I have Amazon gift card cash ready to spend. I submitted this price to them, does having multiple people submit the price give it more priority for Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I submitted as well, but it's only $16.79 there.

bread's done
Back