Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/22/12 to 4/28/12)

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#361 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Just to make sure I've got this right before I go and tie up the Target employees with this, any game that shows up in the search field for that Target/Nextworth site is eligible for a trade-in, right?

Thanks ahead of time.

#362 lude21

lude21

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Just to make sure I've got this right before I go and tie up the Target employees with this, any game that shows up in the search field for that Target/Nextworth site is eligible for a trade-in, right?

Thanks ahead of time.

Yup, go for it!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#363 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Spent my time reading up on the deal and people saying there's no coupon stacking kinda bums me out, since I planned on grabbing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but alas Uncharted 3 for $10 is nothing to frown at either.

Thanks lude for the prompt answer and to CAG and OP for this deal.

#364 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Why is it that stores don't sell certain games in store? Neither Target (with a $20 coupon) or TRU (with a $10 coupon) carry Devil May Cry HD Collection. Damn!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#365 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Just came back from Target, where the guy working the mobile kiosk was ADAMANT that they didn't do game trade-ins. I tried to explain the situation politely, showed off the circular, and just tried to get him to start the transaction but he wouldn't hear any of it, telling me they only took iPhones, iPods, iPads, and regular cellphones.

I wasn't in the mood to 'cause a ruckus over twenty bucks, so I just walked out with nada. Bummer.

#366 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Just came back from Target, where the guy working the mobile kiosk was ADAMANT that they didn't do game trade-ins. I tried to explain the situation politely, showed off the circular, and just tried to get him to start the transaction but he wouldn't hear any of it, telling me they only took iPhones, iPods, iPads, and regular cellphones.

I wasn't in the mood to 'cause a ruckus over twenty bucks, so I just walked out with nada. Bummer.

Thats messed up I wuda called for a manager. Going to my target soon, hopefully theres no problems.

#367 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Even the regular Electronics associate was telling him that they do game trade-ins and have done them before, but he kept shaking his head saying "No way" and that they "didn't even have gift cards for games".

Anything either of us said flew right over his head and at the end of it he goes: "You should try Best Buy, they'll probably give you a better price anyways", which I thought was kinda ridiculous. I even called ahead to prevent anything like this, but whatever, I'll just head out to the Target a bit further away from me if anything.

#368 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Even the regular Electronics associate was telling him that they do game trade-ins and have done them before, but he kept shaking his head saying "No way" and that they "didn't even have gift cards for games".

Anything either of us said flew right over his head and at the end of it he goes: "You should try Best Buy, they'll probably give you a better price anyways", which I thought was kinda ridiculous. I even called ahead to prevent anything like this, but whatever, I'll just head out to the Target a bit further away from me if anything.

Here is a crazy idea. Ask to talk to a manager.

WOAH! MIND BLOWN!

#369 TheHiei

TheHiei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

I get how retail works, I just knew that since the whole operation is an outside-run thing that it probably wasn't worth the effort. I'm not gonna get the run around in a store for an hour while everyone figures out how everything works just to get $20 bucks off a game. I'd rather just go to another store whenever I'm passing nearby and try my luck again.

That's just me though.

Edit: Not to mention they didn't even have any copies of Uncharted 3, which was the main reason I went to Target.

#370 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

This^^^ but replace wedding and new house with waking up at 5:30am daily and a new baby for me!

That's funny. I have a four month old daughter as well. She loves to get fussy when the 360 is turned on.

#371 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Everythin worked out fine. Got Revelations for $10. This deal is so sweet. Im surprised there werent really any limits and restrictions.

#372 mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

is the gamestop ps3 deal online only?

#373 UrJudge

UrJudge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Sorry for asking but I bought Resident Evil ORC online from best buy but it was defective. Can I go to the store and exchange it even though I opened the case? Thanks

#374 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Sorry for asking but I bought Resident Evil ORC online from best buy but it was defective. Can I go to the store and exchange it even though I opened the case? Thanks

It's not defective. The game just sucks.

#375 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

is the gamestop ps3 deal online only?

If you're talking about the $50 off PS3 system + free Batman:AC or MK Komplete, it's in store as well.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#376 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Traded in 5 games at gamestop and got lost odyssey free. I asked if they could put the rest of the credit on my card but the guy was being a d*ck and said I had to buy something else. So I played it cool and struck up a convo about game releases and eventually I got my money put on my PUR card because I was cool lol :) I put 5 on NBA 2k13 pre-order as well. Im returning LO tomorrow at a diff GS because the discs are in ugly condition and putting that on a pre-order for Black Ops 2 when its available. Oh and I got a free digital download code for Rayman Origins for some reason o_O

Also, for anybody in STL, Missouri- I traded in 6 games without a problem at the Hampton Target. They were old sports games (NBA 2k7, 2k9), Enslaved, The Suffering (PS2), Final Fantasy x-2, and Final Fantasy 12. Bought NBA 2k12, Revelations, and Sonic Gen for 43 after tax8-).

If they tell you it's not on the list, tell them they can type in "promo game" for any game that doesn't pop up. It tells them to do so for any game they cannot find.

Edited by Gkage, 25 April 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#377 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

Traded in 5 games at gamestop and got lost odyssey free. I asked if they could put the rest of the credit on my card but the guy was being a d*ck and said I had to buy something else. So I played it cool and struck up a convo about game releases and eventually I got my money put on my PUR card because I was cool lol :) I put 5 on NBA 2k13 pre-order as well. Im returning LO tomorrow at a diff GS because the discs are in ugly condition and putting that on a pre-order for Black Ops 2 when its available. Oh and I got a free digital download code for Rayman Origins for some reason o_O

Also, for anybody in STL, Missouri- I traded in 6 games without a problem at the Hampton Target. They were old sports games (NBA 2k7, 2k9), Enslaved, The Suffering (PS2), Final Fantasy x-2, and Final Fantasy 12. Bought NBA 2k12, Revelations, and Sonic Gen for 43 after tax8-).

If they tell you it's not on the list, tell them they can type in "promo game" for any game that doesn't pop up. It tells them to do so for any game they cannot find.

Why was lost odyssey free?

#378 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

Black Ops 2?...wow :wall:

#379 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Why was lost odyssey free?

Lol my bad I meant I didn't have to use any money out of pocket.

#380 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I asked this in another thread but didn't really get a response. Was anyone able to get Best Buy to match the TRU offer for $10 off 39.99 games? I really don't want to drive out there for nothing.

My situation is slightly complicated. On Friday I bought the Witcher 2 ($50 after target price match) and Fallout NV Ultimate edition ($40) at Best Buy with my trade in credit. My hope was to bring in the TRU ad and my receipt and try to get $10 back on both of them. Anyone try something similar? Any success? Thanks in advance.

#381 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

yes, you can exchange defective items....
the only way for you to know that's defective would be to open it right? LOL

I asked this in another thread but didn't really get a response. Was anyone able to get Best Buy to match the TRU offer for $10 off 39.99 games? I really don't want to drive out there for nothing.

My situation is slightly complicated. On Friday I bought the Witcher 2 ($50 after target price match) and Fallout NV Ultimate edition ($40) at Best Buy with my trade in credit. My hope was to bring in the TRU ad and my receipt and try to get $10 back on both of them. Anyone try something similar? Any success? Thanks in advance.

You shouldn't have a problem since it's not really that complex on the receipt, al they're gonna look at is the prices you paid.
Now if your local BB are tough on you with pm's then YMMV.

#382 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

MW3 at best buy used was 44.95. however it rang up 40 and took off 10 for the 29.99 10 dollar off coupon.

i cant be sure whether they actually stacked the 10% off as they should the math would say this is what happened but considered she wouldnt let me scan the coupon then take my reward zone phone number im not sure whether it stacked or if the game is mislabeled and is really 40 dollars. so im not sure which happened but for 30 bucks and the fact ill play with a friend online for a while ill get my moneys worth.

oh well this is what happens when they are out of witcher 2's to try and PM with TRU and i stumble into extra cash by turning a profit selling books back to the college book store(dont ask me how in the hell this happened itll never happen again im sure)

also in a sincere moment of DARN YOU LIFE!!!! they had novella copies of FF 13-2 in this time AFTER the big sale for 15 dollars.....

oh well bought front mission evolved the last on there for 20 and some game called john woo stranglehood for 10 dollars. looks oddly possibly amusing. if nothing else i doubt ill actually stumble across the game ever again.

#383 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

So from this I take away that retailers want to continue sitting on dust-collecting Vita game stock. Dammit, discount what doesn't sell

If ppl like me didn't want to pay $50 msrp for Uncharted GA at launch, what makes them think we'd do it now? I really don't get it.

Two months after 3ds launch, I was getting launch games for $20 and $30 easily, and 3ds struggled but still at this point sold over double what vita is selling.

Someone please shed light on this

Yeah I've been waiting for some sales too. Luckily I used the Target trade in promo going on to get Uncharted GA for 20 ( after coupon and temporary price cut) and Modnation for 10 after coupon.

#384 skytreader

skytreader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Any word on TRU's ad for Sunday? I have a rewards coupon that expires on 4/30 and not sure if I should hold off until then...

#385 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

So from this I take away that retailers want to continue sitting on dust-collecting Vita game stock. Dammit, discount what doesn't sell

If ppl like me didn't want to pay $50 msrp for Uncharted GA at launch, what makes them think we'd do it now? I really don't get it.

Two months after 3ds launch, I was getting launch games for $20 and $30 easily, and 3ds struggled but still at this point sold over double what vita is selling.

Someone please shed light on this

It's Sony man, that's why I don't see them dropping the price they're just gonna slug along till E3 & then hit you with announcements galore. I expect a new bundle with enough extras to warrant a purchase + a slew a games that will make vita owners/future owners happy. At least 2 1st party system sellers from established franchises & 2-3 3rd party big sellers a la Assassin's Creed. There may even be a few surprise cross play games that come into play to but that's still 2 months away.

Plus their way of thinking is they loaded up with b2g1, b1g1 50% right after release & there's hasn't been alot of new software so they're just standing pat.

#386 nafetsnafets

nafetsnafets

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

-Find a Target Mobile store near you: http://target.nextworth.com
-If the game you are trading in isn't on this site, my GUESS is that it wouldn't be eligible. Only speculating though.

Prices are BEFORE trade-in coupon:
:ps3::360:::pc: Assassin's Creed: revelations $29.99
:ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception $29.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $29.99
:ps3::360: Need for Speed: The Run $19.99

Other games that retail for $29.99 that you could get for $9.99 after coupon:
Portal 2
Sonic Generations
Disney Universe
Dance Central
Various uDraw titles
Various PS Vita titles