Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/22/12 to 4/28/12)

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#31 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Disney universe is tempting. My son loved the demo. But I'll hold off some more. DLCs are still high priced IMO

#32 htz

htz

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

The steelbook will be in-store as well, but it's going to be on a limited basis when you pick up the game. Basically I was told we'll be getting the steelbooks drop-shipped to us this week, and we hand them out to our preorders when they pick up the game. So at this point, the steelbooks are already ordered so if you preorder last minute you run the risk of not getting it b/c no more will be ordered. Same thing with The Witcher 2 t-shirts tomorrow.

I really am not in the rush to play prototype 2 but dam that steelbook looks sweet plus the other goodies BB is throwing in with the pre-order. I guess I will drop by my local BB tomorrow to see how many the gaming manager ordered for my store.

#33 kjs7

kjs7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

LOL Rocketfish HDMI cable - $70!

who buys this stuff? seriously.

76561197994095328.png

#34 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

I really am not in the rush to play prototype 2 but dam that steelbook looks sweet plus the other goodies BB is throwing in with the pre-order. I guess I will drop by my local BB tomorrow to see how many the gaming manager ordered for my store.

Plus you have 30 days to price adjust if it drops or goes on sale in that time period.

#35 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

who buys this stuff? seriously.

Older, uninformed people. I stopped like 3 people from buying them the last time I went to Bestbuy and informed them about monoprice. I'm a menace to Bestbuy but I can't stand seeing people get ripped off like that. Brings a tear to this cheapasses eye :'(
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 mgorsi

mgorsi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

Damn I still haven't purchased a retail game this year. Wondering which one will it be!!

#37 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

i can't believe darkness 2 hasn't dropped any lower already. also it seems every time i pricematch a sale price bestbuy has that sale a week or two later. lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#38 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks dude for the early post.

Yakuza next week please!
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#39 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Silent Hill HD is very tempting.

I'm curious about KoA: Reckoning. I pre-ordered the game, probably from NewEgg for $48, don't remember exactly. I still haven't played it yet. I read if you either pre-ordered or bought it new that you got something like 7-8 extra quests. Supposedly, they won't be offered as DLC later.

Think they would be part of the GOTY version? I'm kinda tempted to sell mine because I won't be able to play it for a while and someone else would enjoy the bonus quests.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#40 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

For those with the April @Gamer, there's a $10 off coupon for The Darkness II.

$40 has been the new MSRP so there's no rush at this point. Wait for a sale or be prepared to come back & pm'd the cheaper adjusted price later. http://www.cheapassg...=318456&page=38

Nothing for me, but I'll probably use the $10 coupon for darkness II. Thanks midnightmetal for giving us a VERY early weekly AD each week :applause::applause:.

^^^^

#41 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I must warn against Prototype 2, after having played the first one since it was one of the worst games I have ever played in my life. At least wait for bargain bin since you know it will be there in no time.

Just being helpful.

Helpful would be explaining why it was so bad in your eyes; I didn't finish it myself as I found the combat frustrating, but I certainly wouldn't call it one of the worst games I ever played (!!)
Posted Image

#42 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Helpful would be explaining why it was so bad in your eyes; I didn't finish it myself as I found the combat frustrating, but I certainly wouldn't call it one of the worst g ames I ever played (!!)

considering there's different levels of worst/bad...DNF, Homefront, Call of Juarez the cartel, X-blades...plus it would also depend on the games he's played LOL.

#43 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Too bad you can't just drop the HDMI cable and Black tie protection to get the 360 for $225.

#44 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Given how quickly and how many DLCs are being released, I'm certain that a GotY version is incoming...that's if you have a massive backlog and can wait a bit longer.

The stance Schilling has taken on DLC for this game gives me the impression there will be no GOTY version (not sure who named it GOTY) so don't hold out for that.

Great game, tons of content. Well worth full price and I don't pay full price but I did here.

#45 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

The stance Schilling has taken on DLC for this game gives me the impression there will be no GOTY version (not sure who named it GOTY) so don't hold out for that. .

and what stance is that? because every game ive ever seen with tons of dlc comes out with a goty edition.

EightBitArtist.png

#46 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

$40 has been the new MSRP so there's no rush at this point. Wait for a sale or be prepared to come back & pm'd the cheaper adjusted price later. http://www.cheapassg...=318456&page=38

Ahhh, didn't even realize the MSRP dropped so quickly. Assuming you want to play it now (or the immediate future) and if $30 is your price point for The Darkness II, you can use the coupon anytime until April 8th. If you're willing to save a bit of money, you can wait for MidnightMetal to work his magic and hopefully The Darkness II is on sale before the coupon expires.

#47 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Wasn't AC Revelations $20 just recently?

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#48 mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Wasn't AC Revelations $20 just recently?

yep, bought mine like 2wks ago, haven't even open it :cry:

#49 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Darkness 2 needs to go on sale for 29.99

#50 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Looking for input on KoA. If you already have it I have 2 questions: how good is it and at what price is it a good value?

If you area fan of Skyrim/Fable/RPGS you will love this game. About 100+ hours of gameplay through sides/main and faction quests. Story is decent, but the gameplay and constant upgrade system of weapons and armor keeps you wanting to play. World is huge and you will always be doing something. Only drawbacks are lack of varying gameplay mechanics and repetitive side quests but those things are easily overlooked by how fun the game is. Can see it going any lower than $40 bucks for a while

#51 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

and what stance is that? because every game ive ever seen with tons of dlc comes out with a goty edition.

Crysis 2; Battlefield: Bad Company 2; Dragon Age 2; and Mass Effect 2 DO NOT have Complete Editions on the PC.

#52 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:28 PM

Darkness 2 needs to go on sale for 29.99

I'm hoping for $19.99 in 2 or 3 weeks...

#53 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Crysis 2; Battlefield: Bad Company 2; Dragon Age 2; and Mass Effect 2 DO NOT have Complete Editions on the PC.

ya on the PC. i dont play PC. im on ps3. bf:bc2 really only had 1 dlc and thats vietnam. all the other crap was just maps on the disc EA decided to slowly bleed out. mass effect 2 had a complete edition on the ps3. crysis 2 had like 2 map packs?

im talking about games with like 4+ packs (borderlands for example)

im still wondering what "stance" schilling took that gave the impression a GOTY edition wasnt ever coming out. thats my main question.

EightBitArtist.png

#54 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Mass Effect 2 for 360? I don't really count the PS3 version.

Are there GOTY versions of the Call of Duty Franchise?

#55 hagaf22

hagaf22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

yep, bought mine like 2wks ago, haven't even open it :cry:

same here but for 20 I couldn't pass on it

#56 Sleeping Lion

Sleeping Lion

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

Darkness 2 did drop. MSRP went from 60 to 40 like a week ago.

I believe my GameStop had it for $35 earlier today. I liked the demo and all but unsure of the final product.

Anyone recommend it?

Sorry, I'm new to this. >_>

#57 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

they already announced a second dlc will be released at the end of this month, so idunno. if not a goty, a platinum hits version with a few of the dlcs (assuming theres more coming which is likely since it was designed to be an mmo originally) seems pretty plausible.

The stance Schilling has taken on DLC for this game gives me the impression there will be no GOTY version (not sure who named it GOTY) so don't hold out for that.

Great game, tons of content. Well worth full price and I don't pay full price but I did here.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#58 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

ya on the PC. i dont play PC. im on ps3. bf:bc2 really only had 1 dlc and thats vietnam. all the other crap was just maps on the disc EA decided to slowly bleed out. mass effect 2 had a complete edition on the ps3. crysis 2 had like 2 map packs?

im talking about games with like 4+ packs (borderlands for example)

im still wondering what "stance" schilling took that gave the impression a GOTY edition wasnt ever coming out. thats my main question.

It's hard to really say that ME2 for PS3 is a GOTY-type bundle because it was a year later on a new platform rather than a rerelease. Currently, no version of ME2 includes the Arrival DLC mission.

#59 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Mass Effect 2 for 360? I don't really count the PS3 version.

Are there GOTY versions of the Call of Duty Franchise?

Only for COD4 which I think had the only map pack. MW2 and Black Ops had bundles with the first map pack via PSN/XBL codes but nothing including everything. They are also only in specially marked packages.

#60 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

here's the link.

http://www.gamestop....lfsi_041812.pdf

Star Wars The Old Republic - $39.99 PC
UFC 3 - $49.99 Xbox/PS3
Street Fighter X Tekken - $49.99 Xbox/PS3 Special Edition - $59.99
Tekken 6 - $16.99

Price Drops

GoldenEye 007 - $29.99 Xbox/PS3
Wipeout 2 - $19.99-$29.99 Wii/Xbox/PS3 You can pretty much tell which one is $19.99
Victorious - $19.99ea DS/Xbox shown
Go Vacation - $19.99 Wii

Edited by Borellius, 18 April 2012 - 06:24 AM.