Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/22/12 to 4/28/12)

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#91 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

I will praise any store if they put warriors orochi 3 on sale. Hell, I'll consider praising Gamestop (or anyone) if they ever advertise it!!!!

I have no regrets buying it at full price, F'in looooove that game!

#92 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

wished ps3 version of sfXt dropped a little more. Would consider picking it up since I have enough points for a $25 off coupon in PUR. That piggy bank seems like something I'd want to put on my shelf. =) I'd hate to support capcom because of what they did with the content on-disc that they didn't make available though... decisions, decisions.

I think SFxT is already $40 at Walmart, if the "SFxT is $40 at Walmart" thread title is to be believed.
Posted Image

#93 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

SFxT is indeed 39.96 at Wal-Mart. No good deals this week at GS for me. Goldeneye, I'm only mildly interested in, but the graphics are pretty bad and lost a lot of the charm of the original Goldeneye with all the changes. It'll be dirt cheap before long.

#94 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Word around the internet is that the Silent Hill HD collection performs worse than the original games did, and they've made a lot of changes that purists aren't happy with.

I've never played a Silent Hill game so I still want this set (cuz I won't notice the changes) but I think $30 may still be a little too pricey, especially considering there's only 2 games in the collection instead of the usual 3.

I played the original 2-3x(I even got the "UFO" ending;)) and then I tried playing the second one. I hated it, even though it was more of the same from the first game. But that's likely why I didn't like it and quit playing, since I just cannot stand games that are rinse/repeat on the sequels. At least innovate a little bit between games by doing something somewhat new.

Yet I still bought and kept the second one and bought the third one, even though I think I played all of 45 minutes of it before getting annoyed again.

The fourth game really wasn't even a SH game to begin with, if I remember correctly. As for the rest of the series after that, let's just forget those games even happened.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#95 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:23 AM

Thinking about getting Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#96 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Thinking about getting Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning...

Definitely worth it... amazing open world rpg with really good combat for $40

#97 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

The combat is decent in the game, but the missions/quests are negligible at best. Most of them seem like fetch quests from what I've played of it thus far.

Posted Image

#98 ratandjmt

ratandjmt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

I believe my GameStop had it for $35 earlier today. I liked the demo and all but unsure of the final product.

Anyone recommend it?

Sorry, I'm new to this. >_>

I actually like Darkness 2. I have been playing it off an on the past 2 weeks. I would say that $30 is a good price point IMO, I have gotten that much fun out of it so far.
PSN: ratandjmt

#99 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Does anyone know if there are any discussions about some best buy stores closing? looking for deals. figured there would be a thread. search yields no results
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#100 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

its ymmv but right now it seems like 20% off msrp which isn't really worth mentioning and by the time something you want is cheap enough to pick up, it will be long gone because consumer joe thought 20-30% is a bargain and bought it all.

Does anyone know if there are any discussions about some best buy stores closing? looking for deals. figured there would be a thread. search yields no results

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#101 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

its ymmv but right now it seems like 20% off msrp which isn't really worth mentioning and by the time something you want is cheap enough to pick up, it will be long gone because consumer joe thought 20-30% is a bargain and bought it all.

Agreed. Saw the same when circuit city closed its doors.
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#102 brewin

brewin

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

KoA is awesome and defintely worth the price tag! SH HD collection though... dont bother. Track down a ps2 or a bc ps 3 and original copies. Games look horrendous!!! U have been warned! They took the fog effect out and the game completely loses it most important aspect... atmosphere.
Posted Image

#103 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=319188

Thing is, you likely would've been able to get better deals while these stores were staying open, since everything is jacked back up to MSRP(or above in some cases) in the closing stores.

Not to mention that due to agreements with Apple and other vendors, some of the better merchandise most likely got shipped off to stores that're staying open.

The list linked to in the OP of that thread was a fake though. The real list was released by BB not too long ago.

Posted Image

#104 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hmmm...to buy Silent Hill or hold off. Wish DMC collection had a sale too

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#105 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

LOL Rocketfish HDMI cable - $70!

thats what i got out of the ad lol

#106 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Not sure if it's just this week but Skylanders starter packs are $59.99 this week and come with a exclusive bonus that no other starter packs come with from other retailers. They also have Skylanders Mega packs now, this is MSRP but Best Buy's the only one with them.

#107 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Disney universe is tempting. My son loved the demo. But I'll hold off some more. DLCs are still high priced IMO

The game is great for that price. As others said before with the DLC that is coming out on a routine basis it seem a candidate for a GOTY version.

The DLC is great, but the price for the level needs to come down. It's only 1 level and 3 stages where the built in levels are all 3 different levels and 3 stages each for each theme. So Lion King has 3 places and then 3 sub-levels, where as the Nightmare DLC is only 3 sub-levels.

#108 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

LOL Rocketfish HDMI cable - $70!

I know, I won't buy any HDMI cable that is not at least $800

http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

The customer reviews really sell it.

Edited by ck76, 19 April 2012 - 07:47 PM.
Link issues

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#109 technole

technole

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

KOA:R is very tempting, more so than Silent Hill HD.

technole.png

#110 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Crysis 2; Battlefield: Bad Company 2; Dragon Age 2; and Mass Effect 2 DO NOT have Complete Editions on the PC.

They don't have complete editions on console either. Even ones that have extra content aren't really "complete" & are missing things (BFBC 2 Complete does not have Vietnam and ME 2 on PS3 doesn't have Arrival or any of the weapon/costume DLC.)

#111 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Word around the internet is that the Silent Hill HD collection performs worse than the original games did, and they've made a lot of changes that purists aren't happy with.

I've never played a Silent Hill game so I still want this set (cuz I won't notice the changes) but I think $30 may still be a little too pricey, especially considering there's only 2 games in the collection instead of the usual 3.

So I traded my original, black label PS2 versions of those games (never played either) on Goozex b/c I figured the HD Collection would be a big improvement as each other one has been. Should I look into getting those back on PS2 instead?

#112 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

I believe my GameStop had it for $35 earlier today. I liked the demo and all but unsure of the final product.

Anyone recommend it?

Sorry, I'm new to this. >_>

Rent it at a Redbox. You could beat it in a 1-3 day rental.

#113 Roninalchemist

Roninalchemist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Looking for input on KoA. If you already have it I have 2 questions: how good is it and at what price is it a good value?

I have it, and personally were I financially able, I would've happily paid full price, the game is fantastic! The combat is some of the most fluid I've ever played and the world is just gorgeous! At $40, the game is an absolute steal.

#114 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I have it, and personally were I financially able, I would've happily paid full price, the game is fantastic! The combat is some of the most fluid I've ever played and the world is just gorgeous! At $40, the game is an absolute steal.

Truth has been spoken.

#115 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

Correct. Schilling made this game his life calling after spending a majority of his time on WoW (his words). He wanted it to be an MMO, but later changed it. There will be a ton of dlc for this.

#116 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Is this ad posted online somewhere? I'd love to look at some of the other deals as well.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#117 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

So I traded my original, black label PS2 versions of those games (never played either) on Goozex b/c I figured the HD Collection would be a big improvement as each other one has been. Should I look into getting those back on PS2 instead?

2 of the best games I've ever played and 2 of 4 that were actually scary that I've played(original RE and RE 0 were the others-Dead Space is still in my backlog lol). I have the HD version for PS3 but haven't played it yet. While the resolution will be much improved obviously, the scare factor will suffer in SH2 as there is limited fog. The original had hard to see enemies that you knew were there and whether the developers intended it or not, the lack of visibility was frightening in actual game play. The fog had little role in SH3 so that shouldn't be much of a difference between PS2 and PS3 If I were you, I'd keep SH HD but try to get back SH2 for PS2 and play that version. Good luck getting it back on Goozex though...

#118 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I can't speak to the HD game because I haven't played it yet. Criticisms from around the web include getting rid of a lot of the fog in SH2, the hallways in SH2 being way too dark, audio glitches here and there, and performance problems (mainly on the PS3 version, which is the version I want for the double platinum trophies).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#119 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Save $20 on any video game $29.99 and higher when you trade in "any 2 video games"
>>Fine print:<<
Spoiler

-Find a Target Mobile store near you: http://target.nextworth.com
-If the game you are trading in isn't on this site, my GUESS is that it wouldn't be eligible. Only speculating though.

Prices are BEFORE trade-in coupon:
:ps3::360:::pc: Assassin's Creed: revelations - $29.99
:ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - $29.99
:360: Gears of War 3 - $29.99
:ps3::360: Need for Speed: The Run - $19.99

:ps3:320GB Move Console Bundle (comes w/ PS Eye, Move Controller, Sports Champions Game) -$299.99

:360::ps3::pc: Prototype 2 59.99/59.99/49.99**
**Free 12 pk Mountain Dew w/ Purchase

:wii::ds: 2-pack Disney Titles: Princesses Magical Jewels+Tangled -$19.99

Other games that retail for $29.99 that you could get for $9.99:
Portal 2
Sonic Generations
Disney Universe
Dance Central
Various uDraw titles
Various PS Vita titles

Plenty of games for $39.99 (like Vita titles) that would be marked down to $19.99 then!

Free reusable bags for Earth Day 4/22, while supplies last.

Edited by litepink, 10 May 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#120 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

LOL at the free 12 pk Mountain Dew with Prototype 2 purchase. I guess this is a good deal for people who like Mountain Dew. :bouncy:

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks for posting next week's Target ad, OP. Nothing for me though. :)