Photo
- - - - -

Backing up PS3 game saves.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

I recently had my ps plus subscription run out and now when i went to backup my game saves today i encountered a problem with about 10 of them. It would give me the option to back them up to cloud storage(not really) but there was no option for these 10 game saves to go to my portable hd. I saved about 40 games to my portable hd but some stubborn ones like monkey island 2 didn't give me the option to save to my portable hd for no apparent reason. Any ideas?
:booty::-#:fridge:
:imwithst::puke::bow:

#2 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

Some game saves are copy protected. The only way to back them up is to the cloud with PS+.

#3 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Which is a flawed system they need to do away with next gen. I can back up and do w/e the Fuck I want with my PC game saves, so there's really no excuse.

#4 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Interesting, I'm in the same situation. I plan on backing up my game saves to a portable hard drive.

I guess I'll just have to back up those copy protected ones to the cloud. Haven't really used it.

Now I need to look up which games are copy protected that I own.

#5 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Some game saves are copy protected. The only way to back them up is to the cloud with PS+.

This guy is right, and it really sucks. For example my Assassin's Creed II save is 100% complete but I can't back it up anywhere but the cloud.

#6 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

When I had YLOD on my PS3, I was forntunate to be able to bring it back to life in order to do a complete backup (which took 4 hours). Unfortunately when I went to restore it only took 5 minutes and some saves and all DLC were NOT restored. I lost my Tiger Woods 13, The Saboteur, and Dragon Age saves. I also had to redownload all my DLC (I had deactivated the accounts on the old PS3 so was able to re-download.)

#7 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

If my understanding is correct- the only way to salvage those locked saves (without cloud) is a system transfer via ethernet cable.
Spoiler

#8 Mr. 420

Mr. 420

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thanks for the comments! It makes no sense to lock game saves like that. If you spend 20 plus hours on a game you should be able to save your freaking game save to anything you want. Who gives a rats ass if somebody shares there save on the internet. Whats the point of it, stupid trophies? Trophies can be nice but i am sure as hell not one to go hunting them down.
:booty::-#:fridge:
:imwithst::puke::bow: