Batman Arkham City GOTY coming on May 29

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Best box art around, bar none.[/QUOTE]
Wow, just saw it.

How did they outdo the first games' GOTY cover? That one was horrible... and yet...

Will this retail for $60 I wonder? I just bought the regular edition for $20, but of this retails for $40 or less ill probably return my reg edition and wait for this.

[quote name='DaShaka']Will this retail for $60 I wonder? I just bought the regular edition for $20, but of this retails for $40 or less ill probably return my reg edition and wait for this.[/QUOTE]

It will be $60. That's kind of the point of these GOTY editions, to be able to charge full price at retail again.

Already own the game so I'll just buy the Harley Quinn DLC for it (its supposed to add a couple hours of gameplay)

..and holy shit at that cover. I saw it and actually figured it was some mock up joke playing off arkham asylums cover. I can hardly believe it's real.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I was going to pick up the game at some points (if I could find a good deal) now I won't bother. I still have yet to even boot up the first game.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Was just about to say that, thinks its a record.[/QUOTE]

Nope, LA Noire was 6 months. Batman is 7 months.

[quote name='Hellhunt']I hope it is a seperate achievement list so i can 1k it again:)[/QUOTE]
Why would it? What other GOTY editions have had seperate achievements? This'll just have a download token for all the DLC or on the disc.

[quote name='Tsel']Why would it? What other GOTY editions have had seperate achievements? This'll just have a download token for all the DLC or on the disc.[/QUOTE]

The Arkham Asylum GOTY edition had a separate achievement list. Hahaha

[quote name='Tsel']Why would it? What other GOTY editions have had seperate achievements? This'll just have a download token for all the DLC or on the disc.[/QUOTE]

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY had separate cheevos/trophies than the original.

Edit: Beaten, need to stop posting on dial-up

Arkham Asylum had separate achievement lists and thus were stackables. Though the achievements were exactly the same.

Nice, but not getting it. I wish at least if you bought the game when it first comes out, it came with a boucher allowing you to get all future downloads for free. Can't see myself buying game full price and then the goty edition as well...

[quote name='Hao']The Arkham Asylum GOTY edition had a separate achievement list. Hahaha[/QUOTE]

[quote name='handsomepete']Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY had separate cheevos/trophies than the original.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Arkham Asylum had separate achievement lists and thus were stackables. Though the achievements were exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

Then I apologize for jumping the gun. I didn't know that. That's pretty weird.

Because Batman - Arkham Asylum GOTY allowed you to do just that. I had the original game, played it, finished it, got my achievements, and traded it in.

Later, I got the GOTY edition and as I was playing I noticed I was being credited for the same achievements as the previous version.

Great package...but what a HORRIBLE BOX ART! we got to let WB know how bad that looks before it releases!

Batman AA and AA GOTY are recognized as 2 seperate games though. AA and AA GOTY DLC are listed seperately in the PSN store.

I think it comes down to if Sony/MS recognize GOTY as a seperate game or not. I think more recent GOTY/complete editions such as Boarderlands and GTA 4, RDR, LA Noire, ect are not listed as separate games from the vanilla version.

I hope all the DLC is on disk. I hate those codes and vouchers for downloading stuff.

I just bought Arkham City at BestBuy for $10. Maybe I'll pick this up once it hits ~ $20. I've got other games to play in the meantime. I haven't even beat Arkham Asylum yet lol.

Thanks for the heads up. I still have the vanilla version in my backlog. I'll have to trade it in before the value drops more.

Now I'm glad I flipped the $10 copy I got from BB last month. Loved this game when I played it last year, easily one of the best games of the year. Oh, and add me to the list of ppl who hope it has a separate trophy list (tho I kinda doubt they'll do that again).

[quote name='waldo21212']Batman AA and AA GOTY are recognized as 2 seperate games though. AA and AA GOTY DLC are listed seperately in the PSN store.

I think it comes down to if Sony/MS recognize GOTY as a seperate game or not. I think more recent GOTY/complete editions such as Boarderlands and GTA 4, RDR, LA Noire, ect are not listed as separate games from the vanilla version.[/QUOTE]

Because unlike those games the GOTY content was incorporated into the final product as opposed to a download or seperate disc. Essentially making it a different game.

Ugly boxart pretty much killed any interest I had in it, good thing I bought the original earlier this month when it was $30 on Amazon.

& no, I'm not paying for DLC. On-disk or released months later, I only pay what the game costs when I bought it

So will the catwoman dlc from the first game be different form the catwoman dlc of the GOTY? Or will they just have their own trophies?

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Because unlike those games the GOTY content was incorporated into the final product as opposed to a download or seperate disc. Essentially making it a different game.[/QUOTE]

Yep I understand that. Except PS3 versions contain everything on 1 disc (they require installs which I guess makes it no different than downloading via voucher).

I don't know if Sony/MS now require the DLC being added separately like the new(er) GOTY/Complete editions (which seems cleaner to me) or if making a completely "new" version of the game with the DLC fully incorporated is still allowed.

Time to unload my last B:AC copy now! GS TIV is still 18 for ps3 right? hehe!
Glad i didnt buy the DLCs since i knew a GOTY version will be coming out sooner or later.
BTW, the boxart is just bleh!! dont they have any other image to use?

I'm definitely in for one of these, particularly if it comes in at $39 or $49. One of my favorite games, ever. I had been putting off getting the DLC for it, because of my backlog, so the double dip doesn't bother me too much since I was planning on dropping $15 or so more on it anyways (and add in the HQ pack, make that $25). I'll happily pay for a double dip when the first dip was this tasty - I like encouraging them to make more games of this quality.

All complaints some have against DLC, I'm also glad that 6+ months later they are still adding to the game - when I get a good game like this, I like to have the option of having more of it. I'm not so silly that I think I am entitled to every thing they ever dream up related to it, they published a complete game last fall (and no one can claim it wasn't meaty). Gone are the days when you would finish a great game and do everything there is to do and then be stuck waiting a couple years for a sequel.

Bought the Collector's Edition for 360 on day 1, so I'll just buy the Harley DLC and leave this GOTY alone. Unless it ever drops low enough and I pick it up for PS3 so I can get the trophies.

[quote name='defpally']I'm definitely in for one of these, particularly if it comes in at $39 or $49. One of my favorite games, ever. I had been putting off getting the DLC for it, because of my backlog, so the double dip doesn't bother me too much since I was planning on dropping $15 or so more on it anyways (and add in the HQ pack, make that $25). I'll happily pay for a double dip when the first dip was this tasty - I like encouraging them to make more games of this quality.

All complaints some have against DLC, I'm also glad that 6+ months later they are still adding to the game - when I get a good game like this, I like to have the option of having more of it. I'm not so silly that I think I am entitled to every thing they ever dream up related to it, they published a complete game last fall (and no one can claim it wasn't meaty). Gone are the days when you would finish a great game and do everything there is to do and then be stuck waiting a couple years for a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Yep - I'm all for supporting good single player story mode DLC. There ins't enough of it IMO. Same reason I bought the Rockstar pass for LA Noire.

The only regret I have is redeeming that catwoman DLC code. Oh well, at least I got it for free from someone. Otherwise, I could've just given it away.

Well, I'm glad I traded in my personal copy of B:AC along with the $10 BBY copies I got with the @Gamer coupon(s). I was hoping I could get the Robin & Nightwing packs easily, and the final DLC makes this even better.

I can wait for a $30 price point, though. ;)

Lost Planet also had a second edition with all new achievements, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think this game is going to this time though.

I have BAC vanilla, and I don't really care to pay for some of the DLC offered for it. It's nice, but aside from Catwoman, which I got with the game, I've heard none of the other characters are playable in story mode. I understand the challenge maps are pretty similar, and the game is absolutely phenomenal and fun to play regardless of what mode it's in. But there's something about the challenge maps being separate from the campaign that makes me less interested to play them... much less paying more to do so.

However there is a bundle for all the DLC thus far for 15 bucks, which saves a little money, I believe... and if it went on sale that'd be even better. If they throw out a new bundle with the Harley Quinn DLC for 20, I'll probably pick it up eventually, even if I wait for a sale to do so. Otherwise I might just buy the Quinn DLC, since it's more story mode goodness. :D I wonder how they plan to include Robin in the story mode for it for those who didn't buy his pack though...

Anyway, I'll say again that the game is one of the best this gen, and has plenty of content to be worth it even without the DLC. Kudos to those with the patience to wait this long and will be finally sinking their teeth into BAC awesomeness. :applause:

Best edition is best. I can't WAIT since I still have my CE unopened so I haven't played yet and looking to play Batman with it's full experience.

Great game! I am going through it again on new game+ but you need to be online to use the DLC. Only time i get to play it is when i cant connect to live... :cry:

who offers the first Goty free with pre-order would get my pre-order
and are they going to come out with GOTY Steelbook for the game

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Ugly boxart pretty much killed any interest I had in it, good thing I bought the original earlier this month when it was $30 on Amazon.

& no, I'm not paying for DLC. On-disk or released months later, I only pay what the game costs when I bought it
[/QUOTE]

I said that, but there are exceptions. I loved Allen Wake to much not to buy the DLC. I also got the DLC for ME1/2, because I got invested in the story an I'm a completionist when I get invested.

Likewise I have elite membership for MW3 (got the HE for $60 and sold the founder code for $50, gotta love eBay idiots). I might have gotten elite anyway as all my friends ended up getting it. I also got the GoW season pass because I'm a gears nut.

I hate paying more for a game I already bought, but the DLC listed above reminds me that it's not always a bad thing as it breathes new life into a game you love already.

bread's done
Back