Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

• Please log in to reply
1719 replies to this topic

#361 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

:roll: The other one hasn't been bumped because someone got to this one first. Get off your self righteousness soapbox. The other one had been around longer and had been updated MUCH more frequently before this one had been created. It had been established for YEARS prior to this one.

And this one has taken the reigns. Consider it a passing of the torch.

#362 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

:roll: The other one hasn't been bumped because someone got to this one first. Get off your self righteousness soapbox. The other one had been around longer and had been updated MUCH more frequently before this one had been created. It had been established for YEARS prior to this one.

The very fact that no one updates the other one anymore proves how irrelevant it has now become compared to this one. Just because someone "got to this one first" in no way stopped anyone including yourself from updating the other. If you're so adamant and determined about making sure that thread is still relevant, then you failed.

I don't care when the other was created. This thread is here now, and it is just as relevant, if not more so than the other. It was never designed to replace the other anyway, it merely made sense to have a Disney MOVIE Rewards thread in the MOVIE section, the same way the Sony Rewards thread co-exists here, and in the freebie section.

The data proves this thread is more relevant now in fact, so just accept it, and maybe try and keep the other relevant in the freebie section too instead of whining about how this one stole its glory. I don't see why people really have to make any sort of fuss over something like that. "OMGZ there are teh two threads!" If this thread is helping people, why the hell would anyone bitch about that? That's all I'll say about this.

#363 RespectTheChemistry

RespectTheChemistry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

"If this thread is helping people, why the hell would anyone bitch about that?"

AMEN.

LOL who cares if there are two threads. Most of us are interested in the codes and that is it.

If it comes to a point where this thread bothers you because there is another one which hasn't been bumped for weeks, it's time to relax and maybe take a breath of fresh air.

#364 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

It would make sense to merge them and to keep 1 thread updated.

#365 Ather

Ather

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

The other thread was originally for 100 point codes. Having another thread for any points makes sense. But merging them together is the best idea. One thread for any point code.

Until then, there's two threads. Check them both. Check only one. But don't throw a hissy fit over there being two of them.

#366 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

This one also seems a bit more useful to me as(although it doesn't get used often, the thread is wiki-fied.

But yeah, I just check this thread b/c the other one doesn't get updated much anymore. I'm not sure they need to be merged or anything either, just let one or the other fade into the distance.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#367 Ather

Ather

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Check your e-mails. 50 points for the new year.

#368 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Check your e-mails. 50 points for the new year.

Got 'em. Thanks for the heads up!

#369 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

You should have a members update email with mystery points. I got 9.

#370 jumpman17

jumpman17

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

I never got 50 points for the new year :(

#371 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

I never got 50 points for the new year :(

Neither did I and I found out that account is frozen too. Try to login and make sure it is not frozen.

#372 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I didn't get 50 points and my account is not frozen

#373 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Picked up 9 mystery points.

The newsletter mentions new blu-ray rewards:

2000 points or 1400 Points + S&P ($3.95 US & Canada)
  • "Tron Legacy" 3D Blu-ray™ Combo Pack

1750 points or 1225 Points + S&P ($3.95 US & Canada)
  • "The Princess Diaries" 10th Anniversary Edition 2-Movie Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
  • "James And The Giant Peach" Blu-ray™ Combo Pack
  • "Enchanted" Blu-ray™ Combo Pack

1650 points or 1155 Points + S&P ($3.95 US & Canada)
  • "Disneynature: Earth" Blu-ray™ Combo Pack

I'm not sure any of them are worth the money (since they're not DMR exclusives), but I'm sure some people will be interested.

Side note: Interestingly, S&P in points is 30% of the items overall value as opposed to a fixed amount. Not sure why Tron 3D is more expensive to package than Disneynature: Earth.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#374 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I did kind of like Tron Legacy though not sure it's worthy to go in my collection. Enchanted has been available for a while.

#375 joeyatog

joeyatog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I am intrigued by the new offer to pay shipping and use less points! I might actually redeem some for once!
Posted Image

#376 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Bonus code M1D175G3R58U - "Congratulations! You will earn 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Offer expires: 1/15/2013."

#377 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Damn. Thanks ssjmichael. I guess I'll have to head down to Family Video later and grab a cheap used Disney movie or two (which I've been meaning to get a specific one for my son anyway, now I just have another excuse).

#378 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Bonus code M1D175G3R58U - "Congratulations! You will earn 50 bonus points the NEXT time you enter a Magic Code for an eligible Disney Blu-ray, DVD, or CD. Offer expires: 1/15/2013."

Thanks yo, should be getting Frankenweenie later today and I'm getting double points on that so with this code I'll get 350 pts for one movie!

#379 goldeneye64

goldeneye64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up ssjmichael. I picked up Finding Nemo last week since it was on sale at Target and was saving the code for something like this. Tron is really tempting I might have to pull the trigger. I have only ordered the Wreck It Ralph alarm clock so far and have just over 3000 points in my account.

Edited by goldeneye64, 08 January 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#380 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Thanks yo, should be getting Frankenweenie later today and I'm getting double points on that so with this code I'll get 350 pts for one movie!

yep, that's what I'm planning to do too :)

#381 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

You should have a members update email with mystery points. I got 9.

aw man, I only got 7 today.

#382 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Have anyone do the "Get 5 Disney Blu-Ray for $5"? I am wondering it there is a catch... like need to purchase x amount of Disney Blu-Ray for full price within x amount of time. I didn't see any fine prints.

#383 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Have anyone do the "Get 5 Disney Blu-Ray for $5"? I am wondering it there is a catch... like need to purchase x amount of Disney Blu-Ray for full price within x amount of time. I didn't see any fine prints.

You do have to buy an additional 3 at full price. You can get a 6th for a discounted price with your initial enrollment, meaning you only need 2 more to complete it.

We have a thread about it here: http://www.cheapassg...sney movie club

and there's a huge thread over at Blu-ray.com discussing it: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=151870

Here are some general instructions of how to do it

1.) Go to Disneymovieclub.com
2.) Enter promo code 17674B (top right corner to change promo codes)
3.) Choose your movies. Go with at least 6, but I always go with 7 since it's a great value. The total should be $21.90 for 7
4.) Buy 2 additional movies within the allotted time, usually at $29.95 + ~$3.95 shipping each (they have monthly featured selections at $24.95 which also count)

At the end your total will be about $90 for all 9 movies, or about $10 each. You can't really beat that for Disney titles. I've done it twice so far, so if you (or anyone else) has any questions feel free to ask me.

#384 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Thanks. 450 for Frankenweenie 3D brings me up to 4500.

#385 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thanks. 450 for Frankenweenie 3D brings me up to 4500.

I ended up getting 500 pts, 200 base pts + 200 double pts + 50 for that code + 50 for seeing it in the theater and submitting the movie stubs, not bad at all!

#386 Ather

Ather

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Too bad the code ends the 15th. Not getting anymore codes unless I can trade my Snow Buddies BluRay code.

#387 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Too bad the code ends the 15th. Not getting anymore codes unless I can trade my Snow Buddies BluRay code.

PM Sent

#388 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

$10 Hollywood Movie Money Movie Admission for 425 points (Limit 4 redemption per member)

http://www.disneymov...fbk_rewards_HMM

#389 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

That's a pretty good offer, might get a few of those since I don't see anything else to spend my points on.

#390 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

You do have to buy an additional 3 at full price. You can get a 6th for a discounted price with your initial enrollment, meaning you only need 2 more to complete it.

We have a thread about it here: http://www.cheapassg...sney movie club

and there's a huge thread over at Blu-ray.com discussing it: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=151870

Here are some general instructions of how to do it

1.) Go to Disneymovieclub.com
2.) Enter promo code 17674B (top right corner to change promo codes)
3.) Choose your movies. Go with at least 6, but I always go with 7 since it's a great value. The total should be $21.90 for 7
4.) Buy 2 additional movies within the allotted time, usually at $29.95 + ~$3.95 shipping each (they have monthly featured selections at $24.95 which also count)

At the end your total will be about $90 for all 9 movies, or about $10 each. You can't really beat that for Disney titles. I've done it twice so far, so if you (or anyone else) has any questions feel free to ask me.

I literally just signed up to the Disney Movie Club before checking this thread and when I signed up it was buy 4 for $1 and after taking the bonus fifth movie, I still have to buy four more movies instead of just the two in this deal. Ahhh, Fuck me.

Oh, and the bonus movie is cheaper. Shit, maybe I should sign up again under my mom's address and use a different credit card.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif