Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Offical Disney Movie Rewards Code Thread

• Please log in to reply
1586 replies to this topic

#721 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

I don't think it was robotic. Most likely it was a form letter a human chose after reading the problem. That said, it doesn't seem like they are giving you any trouble with it. I really didnt expect them to fight with you over this. I'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened.

#722 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't think it was robotic. Most likely it was a form letter a human chose after reading the problem. That said, it doesn't seem like they are giving you any trouble with it. I really didnt expect them to fight with you over this. I'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened.

Yeah, I think that's fair. Just annoying how slow as balls it is. 2 weeks for an envelope...then who knows how long for their cheap return shipping...then they have to process it...then they have to see if they can find a replacement...then they have to send the correct item. Soooo...maybe in a month, lol. Just amusing to me because it feels like a very outdated process.

But then again, I'm not a fan of the "2 pieces of cardboard glued together" packaging that both DMR and DMC use for their movies anyway. I've had several DMC movies arrive completely mangled because of this cheap, no padding packaging. And they don't use any kind of tracking either. So, if something gets lost, again, it's your word versus theirs. Just seems like they're inviting problems with things that have simple solutions.

#723 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

Got my Kermit plush in today and I'm very impressed with the quality. Well worth the 950 points and the tag on it says $24.95.

BumslieOG.png

#724 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

I know this is the wrong thread, but I thought someone here might get a kick out of this (We were talking a while back about the Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Rescue Rangers ,and Ducktails DVDs). There's a pretty cool looking $10 Darkwing Duck/Batman Begins themed t-shirt for sale for the next 22 hours. https://www.shirtpunch.com/

I love the design, but I hardly ever wear black shirts. Hopefully they do a lighter colored shirt variant this weekend.

SP_-_Mens_Mockup1_766.jpg

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#725 badboysean

badboysean

Holy crip, he's a crapple

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Wait, are you guys saying studio ghibli movies are available when signing up as choices for the 5 free movies? Or, are they available to buy full price to satisfy your commitment?

Thanks

#726 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Some Ghibli movies are available for the initial sign up. I got Arrietty and Whispers of the Heart that way. When I signed up, most of the rest were DVD only since the Blu-rays had not been released, so no idea now.

They do qualify for the discount though once you sign up. I paid about $11 each for Totoro, Castle in the Sky, and Naussica.

#727 badboysean

badboysean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Nice, if I could add howl, totoro and spirited away for the initial free movies, I would be all over it.

#728 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

Nice, if I could add howl, totoro and spirited away for the initial free movies, I would be all over it.

I just signed up last week and I got Howl's and Totoro in my enrollment order.

#729 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

I can say with large certainty that you will not be able to get the Spirited Away Blu-ray on the enrollment offer.

#730 badboysean

badboysean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Do you happen to have a link? They aren't showing up for me.

#731 Ather

Ather

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

I had a wrong order once. Apparently, they sold out and sent me an alternate title (Disney princesses?)  Got my return label in days, sent it back, and got my rightful DVD a week or so alter. Maybe 2 weeks tops.  Don't fixate on the timespan. Just a way to cover their butts just incase.  Far better to say 7 days and get it in 4, then say 3 days and not get it, and have an irate customer complaining again.

#732 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Do you happen to have a link? They aren't showing up for me.

Nope. I called it in. The selection on the website is far more limited than calling and signing up through a cast member.

That's the "best" way to get what you want - though you may still be denied on certain titles if they aren't technically eligible.

#733 dspoonrt

dspoonrt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

I'm thinking about taking part in the Disney Movie Club based on the positive experiences outlined in this thread. Just a quick question before I join: do Blu-ray/DVD combo packs ordered through the Movie Club usually come complete with slipcovers and all original packaging?

#734 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

they're the same as you would buy at a store, some won't come with a slip though

#735 dspoonrt

dspoonrt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

they're the same as you would buy at a store, some won't come with a slip though

I'm totally on board with this for the Studio Ghibli titles. I guess for the price I might as well gamble. Here's hoping they come with slipcovers.

#736 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

My Sword in the Stone didn't come with a slip, and looking at reviews of the transfer is making me sad I bought it. Hopefully it's not as bad as they make it seem.

#737 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

I'm thinking about taking part in the Disney Movie Club based on the positive experiences outlined in this thread. Just a quick question before I join: do Blu-ray/DVD combo packs ordered through the Movie Club usually come complete with slipcovers and all original packaging?

All the Disney stuff I have got from them in my latest pick-up posts (Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Muppet Movie, Muppet Christmas Carol, Once Upon a Time S1 and S2, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, and Naussica) came with slipcovers.

BTW, this is a good time as any to mention, but kudos to Disney for some of their later slips. I have said many times before but I despise the stupid blue border on many Disney movies but the slips on Muppet Movie, Muppet Christmas Carol, and Once Upon a Time are great looking. Hopefully this will mean the eventual end of the blue border.

#738 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

Me too. I got all six available Ghibli blu-ray movies.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#739 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

I just received my 2nd enrollment shipment. 

Monster, Inc.

Frankenweenie

Wreck It Ralph

Pixar Shorts Vol. 2

Meet The Robinsons

Gnomeo & Juliet

The Hunchback of Notre Dame I & II

All had slipcovers save MTR. It looks out of place on my shelf. 

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#740 badboysean

badboysean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

Me too. I got all six available Ghibli blu-ray movies.

What were the 6 available titles?

#741 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

I think these are the 6:

My Neighbor Totoro

Howl's Moving Castle

Nuasicaa of the Valley of the Wind

The Secret World of Arrietty

Ponyo

Whisper of the Heart

#742 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

What were the 6 available titles?

BD-SG-WHISPER OF THE HEART 1 $0.20 $0.20
BDC-SG-SECRET WORLD ARRIETTY 1 $8.95 $8.95
BDC-PRINCESS & THE FROG W/DVD 1 $0.20 $0.20
BDC-SG-PONYO 1 $11.95 $11.95
BDC-SG-HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE 1 $0.20 $0.20
BDC-SG-MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO 1 $0.20 $0.20
BD-SG-NAUSICAA VALLEY OF WIND 1 $0.20 $0.20

EDIT: Looks like b3b0p beat me to it!
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#743 badboysean

badboysean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:24 AM

Appreciate it, thanks. I'll most likely make an order next week, I'll post what I end up grabbing.

#744 dspoonrt

dspoonrt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Anyone have trouble completing the online signup? Their site crawls anyway, but it won't let me get past the billing screen in either Chrome or Internet Explorer. The "Sign Up Now" button is unclickable (even with all boxes checked and all forms filled out). I've tried pasting its link address into a new tab/window/browser with no luck. I had this same problem yesterday evening, by the way.

#745 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Studio Ghibli Titles

Castle In The Sky 1090480, Nausicaa 1062070, The Secret World of Arrietty 1085580, Ponyo 1018560, Whisper of the Heart 1085790, My Neighbor Totoro 1113740, Howl's Moving Castle 1113540

Above are the Blu-ray Ghibli titles available for the initial enrollment package. Each movie's item number is listed next to that title.

Call 1-88-257-9100 to enroll. Give the Cast Member assisting you promo code 17674B and the item numbers of the movies you want. 

Castle In The Sky can be obtained by calling.

The above promo code allows for 7 movies to be purchased for $21.90 (+ tax where applicable). 1 title counts toward the 3 required commitment purchases. You will be required to purchase two more titles for $29.95 and above plus shipping and handling within the 24 months proceeding your registration. If you are not interested in Ghibli titles, a Cast Member can assist you with whatever your interest are.

Credit for all of this belongs to Read The FAQ over at blu-ray.com.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#746 badboysean

badboysean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Great info, thanks!

#747 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Be warned though, Castle in the Sky is sadly missing the redone score from the original release.

#748 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

My Sword in the Stone didn't come with a slip, and looking at reviews of the transfer is making me sad I bought it. Hopefully it's not as bad as they make it seem.

I was at Best Buy yesterday just browsing and noticed all of their Sword in the Stone blu's had no slipcovers but all of their other Disney blu's pretty much did. Weird. So I will defintely be paying attention to where I end up buying that one.

Still looking for blu slips for Snow White and Sleeping Beauty if anyone ever sees any.

#749 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

I have a question, I bought several blu-rays (using the coupon from the thread) from the club.Which I have three commitments left. I wanting to order the complete Gargoyles from the Movie Club on Friday, which the highest one will be $25. The question, dvds are listed at 20 counting toward the commitment, but on the page showing what I got, it mentioned being part of the blu-ray club. Can I get the dvd count toward it still, or would I have to put a blu-ray at 30 in the order? I rather try to knock one of my three remaining commitments out, but hate to pay slightly more on Season 2 Volume 2 if it not taking one of them off.

#750 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

DVDs do count. I am a member of the Blu-ray Club and used Gargoyles to knock off one of my commitments.