Home made Hotdog Stuffed Crust Pizza

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Saw that Pizza Hut was making it in the U.K. and wanted to beat them to the punch.

2vll00y.jpg

n54nd2.jpg

If you want to see more check them out on my blog and or podcast Null and Void

itd be better if it were polish or italian sausage in the crust. i cant stand hotdogs got sick off of a bad one and havent had any since. the orange stuff is bellpeppers yeah?

It was good, but sally, and might have over done it by putting sausage on the pizza as well... Might have to try it again, but modifications.

[quote name='Clak']Travesty of a pizza. :([/QUOTE]

I will admit its no work of art, but its a fun pizza. Fun to make, fun to eat, and fun to feel like a fatty after you have eaten it.

I like the idea, but that pizza does not look very appetizing. I would have cut the hot dogs in the manner you cut the sausage, and I would have made it in a circle. I dislike rectangular pizza.

A chedder or beer brat stuffed crust pizza sounds great, and I would put nothing but vegetables on the pizza itself so you don't suffer from meat overload. (Whoa).

[quote name='perdition(troy']Use Italian sausage next time[/QUOTE]
You should probably stay away from this thread considering the troubles you've had today, but I agree with your suggestion.:lol:

I saw this thread and realized I had bratwurst sitting in my car. They were in there for an hr :( hope they're still good.

Me and my friend actually made something like this last week. And we through some extra hot dogs on the pizza. Just cuz. Sadly, we only have anuncooked pic but it'll do.

555699_3745582001798_1343707134_3461674_602140771_n.jpg

Totally amazing, BTW. As long as you like hot dogs. Their taste definitely overpowered the rest of the pizza.

That looks delicious, but in reality I don't think this is that much worse than eating regular pizza. I mean if you put real sausage in there, and then put veggies on top or something, it's no worse than eating a regular slice of pizza just more :drool:.

Now if you filled this up with meat, then yeah that just death by the slice :lol:.

This thread has reminded me to hit up Pizza Hut if they're still doing that 'any pizza, any toppings, $10' dealie. The last time I got one of those I did everything but maybe jalapenos and pineapple. Each piece musta weighed a pound by itself.:rofl:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This thread has reminded me to hit up Pizza Hut if they're still doing that 'any pizza, any toppings, $10' dealie. The last time I got one of those I did everything but maybe jalapenos and pineapple. Each piece musta weighed a pound by itself.:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Their website recommends no more than like 4 or 5 toppings, otherwise your pizza might not cook correctly. I don't know if that's true or their BS of not wanting to bother with putting toppings on.

[quote name='kodave']Their website recommends no more than like 4 or 5 toppings, otherwise your pizza might not cook correctly. I don't know if that's true or their BS of not wanting to bother with putting toppings on.[/QUOTE]
It was pretty tasty and not raw/undercooked. So I think that's just their line of BS to stop people from loading up the pizzas with as much shit as they can put on it for $10.;)

Again, what is the deal with these rectangular pizzas? Brings back memories of those nasty ass "pizza" squares you'd get from school lunches.

[quote name='masked lemon']Again, what is the deal with these rectangular pizzas? Brings back memories of those nasty ass "pizza" squares you'd get from school lunches.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just because I was in elementary school, but we had the same thing, but ours were delicious. I remember there was usually a person or two who wouldn't eat theirs and I'd get 2 or 3 pizzas that day. Fantastic. :lol:

But I think the only people who do square pizzas are Pizza Hut with their new Pizza Box or whatever it's called. And I imagine the OP just did it because it's hard to bend hot dogs. :p Any decent pizza joint makes round pizzas.

I honestly prefer the square pizza as opposed to the round myself. A couple places around here use a blend of American and other cheeses and layer it really thick on the square trays, while using mozzarella on the round trays. The mozzarella ends up a thin layer and sometimes doesn't even cover the tomato sauce they use.

[quote name='masked lemon']Again, what is the deal with these rectangular pizzas? Brings back memories of those nasty ass "pizza" squares you'd get from school lunches.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you're from PA and you don't like rectangular and/or school lunch pizzas. We used to buy Ellio's frozen pizzas and put them in the toaster oven for nasty greatness. I can't get them now that I'm on the other side of the country.

As far as 1st for national chain rectangular pizza, that would be Little Caesars' Bigfoot Pizza back in the early 90's. Pizza Pizza!

I'm not sure what kind of hot dogs you used, but they look less like Hebrew National and more like Penis Local 98.

Last edited by a moderator:

lol its not that bad papa johns used to sell a mean bbq chicken pizza in rectangular form. still eternally pining for 1980s pizza hutt pizza and centepde.

[quote name='Kerig']I can't believe you're from PA and you don't like rectangular and/or school lunch pizzas. We used to buy Ellio's frozen pizzas and put them in the toaster oven for nasty greatness. I can't get them now that I'm on the other side of the country.

As far as 1st for national chain rectangular pizza, that would be Little Caesars' Bigfoot Pizza back in the early 90's. Pizza Pizza![/quote]
I'm actually from PA and like I said earlier in the thread I absolutely prefer the rectangular pizza with American cheese on it over the standard pizzas. As for Little Caesar's, I've been hitting up their $5(now $5.50:cry:) large pizza sale since they re-opened one right down the hill from me about 4-6 months ago. Sure. It tastes like crap once it gets cold, but it never usually lasts that long in this household.;)
I'm not sure what kind of hot dogs you used, but they look less like Hebrew National and more like Penis Local 98.
:rofl: I was gonna say something about what the hot dogs looked like, but I figured someone else would have beat me to it by now. Thank you.:applause:

I am not from PA, I just live here now. Rectangular pizza is for people who don't know any better.

American cheese is vile. I would be pissed if someone put that on my pizza.

Little Ceaser's has sucked ass ever since they stopped selling 2 pizzas for the price of one. That $5 hot n ready bullshit is disgusting.

This is the pizza I made myself last night, a Philly Cheesesteak Pizza with sauteed mushrooms and a white sauce:
549375_10151569934145704_783970703_23945063_2018148742_n.jpg

Papa Johns has a sausage pizza with Hilshire Farm type sausage. Bought one, and thought it tasted horrible. Didn't even finish it. Hotdogs would have been so much worse.

bread's done
Back