Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
4171 replies to this topic

#271 kudzero

kudzero

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:03 AM

Scanned 59.99 at my kmart. They had several $6 games clearly marked, but nothing I was interested in. Will mention that 360 Green Day Rock Band is still 19.99 unlike the PS3 version which has been reported at 6. Was hoping the 360 version dropped as well.

Same here, all of the aforementioned clearance games were priced the same as in the thread but the resistance dual pack w/ DS3 bundle rang up $59.99. Btw is the uncharted dual pack supposed to have uncharted 2 greatest hits bundled separate? Reason for asking is I went to target today and saw the Uc dual game box but also a Uc greatest hits banded to that box ...Jw

#272 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

You shoulda went under the interstate and up the hill from the lil town there and visited Centralia while you were there.;) I've been there before. All it is is like 4-5 buildings left and a blocked section of highway with cracks n steam coming out from under it. Not to mention the Columbia Mall is a lil ways up the road, but you gotta go through Centralia and at least one other lil town to get there if I remember correctly.;)

Then again, both the Columbia and Schuylkill Malls were pretty much dead when I was there last.

All I wanted to do was get the Fuck out of there ASAP :lol:. Apparently it rained 4-6 inches total in McAdoo which is right next to Hazleton which was the direction I was going in (and I got caught in it).

Oh and a heads up, the Laurel Mall in Hazleton is now pretty terrible as well. I would even edge the Schukyll mall over the Laurel Mall now sadly. Columbia Mall is still horrible though last time I was there which was about 2 months ago (although they do have a pretty cool Magic The Gathering shop there).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#273 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

All I wanted to do was get the Fuck out of there ASAP :lol:. Apparently it rained 4-6 inches total in McAdoo which is right next to Hazleton which was the direction I was going in (and I got caught in it).

Oh and a heads up, the Laurel Mall in Hazleton is now pretty terrible as well. I would even edge the Schukyll mall over the Laurel Mall now sadly. Columbia Mall is still horrible though last time I was there which was about 2 months ago (although they do have a pretty cool Magic The Gathering shop there).

The last time I was at the Laurel Mall Kmart they still had PS2 games like Silent Hill 2 or 3 on 'clearance' for $15-20 up by the register in electronics. That had to be about 3-4 years ago though. The last time I was to the Columbia Mall they were just clearancing out the Xbox S controllers for $5 each. Looking at prices now for new/sealed ones, I shoulda likely bought all they had.

http://www.ebay.com/...94#ht_500wt_924

But the Schuylkill Mall was like walking through the former West Side Mall in Edwardsville just before they demolished it. If there were 10 actual stores left in the mall it was a miracle.

One mall I was to down that way that I wish I could hit up again(since they seemed to have some decent stuff) was the Susquehanna Valley Mall, but that was out closer to Danville someplace.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#274 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'm assuming to have it for the Xbox 360? Did you install the game? Sometimes that'll do the trick.

I have AvP for PS3,what sucked was i completed the first 2 campaigns,then at the end of the Alien one it just kept freezing.It is kinda glitchy i recall,even when installed.

#275 fearMr.Met

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yea, I figured once again for the price, why not w/ Wolfenstein. I remember I used to play the shiet out of the original way back when on my Win 95 PC. How could they really go wrong w/ the same formula? As far as AvP, I may try it out tonight. The vids on youtube looked promising and I've heard it was decent. I'll run the online update when I first pop it in to see if that helps any future freezing.

Probably will stop in my local K-mart in another 2 weeks or so to check the next round of games and if they're dropping. Right now, MGS4 is still around $14.99, Vanquish $17.99, etc etc. I'll maybe bite when they hit $9.99

Also, great find a few pages back w/ Oblivion and COD WaW...the latter's still $19.99 around here. I've been tempted to drive over the bridge to NJ but knowing my luck, I'll pay the bridge toll and it would be the same SingIt and RockBand BS games when I walk in. Those 2 and RE5 are really the last few I really want.... might... just might grab Ghostbusters tomorrow.

#276 fearMr.Met

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:38 AM

Ugh, I'll cross my fingers and/or stick to Marine or Predator mode.. The Alien previews look fun as hell though.

#277 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Not really an excellent deal...but got the GOW collection for $20 marked down from $30 and Street Fighter IV for $6. They had Yakuza 4 for $20, is that a good deal?

It takes up 5 GB of hard drive space, which I consider excessive.

#278 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

anyone know if the little big planet 1 goty + dualshock + stuffed animal bundle is on clearance. how much is it?

#279 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

anyone know if the little big planet 1 goty + dualshock + stuffed animal bundle is on clearance. how much is it?

The only one I have seen comes with the game and the plushie. It is 29.99. (no dualshock)

#280 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Has anyone put together a full list yet?

#281 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

The only one I have seen comes with the game and the plushie. It is 29.99. (no dualshock)

oh ok. my view was obscured because it was behind some stuff in the glass case. guess it didn't have the dualshock.

i think this is one of those threads that most people wouldn't want a full list in the op because everyone wants to "get theirs". since i've been a regular here, i have scored a lot so i guess i'm cool with it either way.

#282 cagdvdbargains

cagdvdbargains

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Picked up LBP2 move bundle for $51.99.

This is the only report of a little big planet bundle. It is lbp 2 and the move stuff. No sightings in MA. It's early in the thread maybe page 3, so if it's out there might have gone through markdowns.

#283 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

I saw Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition for $49.99 yesterday. Might to pick it up later tonight.
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#284 Redfield182

Redfield182

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Tried to call first but waited on hold for 10 min on the phone so I hung up and went there. Seems like the Iowa K-Marts don't drop prices to what I'm seeing on here. I've gone there countless times and they won't drop any of the controller bundles. They are all $59.99 and there was a starter pack of some sort with a controller that was $69.99!? REALLY?

Lowest drops were down to $14.99 and $17.99 and that was very few. All pretty much comparable to Amazon prices so a waste of time once again.

They also had a pspgo on clearance for $149.99!! Yeah that about summed up that experience....why such great deals everywhere else?

#285 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Tried to call first but waited on hold for 10 min on the phone so I hung up and went there. Seems like the Iowa K-Marts don't drop prices to what I'm seeing on here. I've gone there countless times and they won't drop any of the controller bundles. They are all $59.99 and there was a starter pack of some sort with a controller that was $69.99!? REALLY?

Lowest drops were down to $14.99 and $17.99 and that was very few. All pretty much comparable to Amazon prices so a waste of time once again.

They also had a pspgo on clearance for $149.99!! Yeah that about summed up that experience....why such great deals everywhere else?

The first rule of CAG is never call ahead.
WI Kmart's clearence sucks too.

#286 Redfield182

Redfield182

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

The first rule of CAG is never call ahead.
WI Kmart's clearence sucks too.

I usually don't but I've grown sick of going there only to be disappointed anymore. Always nervous they'll lie or be lazy about the prices but everyone at this store barely knows the difference between all the systems so I don't think they'd try to steal a deal from under me.....

Also, I've been on here WAY longer than my join date. Just decided last year to finally stop being a lurker...:D

#287 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

Went to another Kmart today; they had almost all the games that are in this clearance thread and even remotes, but everything was higher in $ than in thread, except UFC 2010/ Shirt that I got for $6, saw also a Karaoke PS3 game for $6.

#288 fearMr.Met

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

What frustrates me is not the incorrect tag labeling. I like that. I'd rather it be marked $59.99 and then scan out at $6... more for people who know. What bugs me is going to Kmarts, looking in the giant game case and seeing that there's two other rows of games behind the front row that I can't see.

I'm tempted one day to go in there and ask to look through the case... but then again it's hard enough finding anyone who works in the store at some spots you go to. Plus I doubt they'd be cool w/ that.

#289 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

So I found:
Resident evil Wii for $6
Dead Space Wii for $6

Rockband Greenday for Wii and PS3 is $4, but there was no copies left for xbox 360.

Its funny that Kmart doesnt price match Sears?

#290 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

What frustrates me is not the incorrect tag labeling. I like that. I'd rather it be marked $59.99 and then scan out at $6... more for people who know. What bugs me is going to Kmarts, looking in the giant game case and seeing that there's two other rows of games behind the front row that I can't see.

I'm tempted one day to go in there and ask to look through the case... but then again it's hard enough finding anyone who works in the store at some spots you go to. Plus I doubt they'd be cool w/ that.

:lol:This sounds like the one Kmart by me a couple of years ago. They had 2-3 rows of PS3/360/Wii games sitting in the case one row in front of the other. Every time I asked if I could just look through the cases I got that 'whatever' look and most times they ended up asking me if there was something specific I was looking for and they would sort through the case.

The one time I just nudged my way in there and started looking through the games on my own, since I always got some non gamer opening the case and looking like they had better things to do than help a customer. Sometimes you just gotta take the initiative.;)

Nope. I also hope they don't either, since with the thread being disorganized and having no compiled list it gives those of us who keep track of the thread a better chance of finding stuff.

Not to mention I think the one local game store owner who's a fuckin' toolbag lowballer is on CAG, as I've seen him at every sale/clearance for the last six months or so. So I'd rather it be other local CAG's who clean out the stores than that fuckwad.

I saw Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition for $49.99 yesterday. Might to pick it up later tonight.

Save your money. The bookends are light/cheap and the Sackboy plush is the same one you could buy for $12 at FYE and many other stores and be able to choose from ones other than a vanilla SB. The only thing of possible value in the package is the costumes voucher inside the game case. Otherwise just save your cash and grab the GOTY edition that's out now.

Posted Image

#291 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

By the way, does anyone else remember seeing a touch screen Gateway or other brand computer in their Kmart stores a year or two ago? I remember when I went in there to use one of those Fallout New Vegas coaster coupons and seeing it on the same shelves as the HDtv's.

I just kinda wonder if they ever clearanced that out. It'd be nuts to get a nice new PC for $100 or so. I think it was marked $449 or something.

Posted Image

#292 goodnight144

goodnight144

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

What frustrates me is not the incorrect tag labeling. I like that. I'd rather it be marked $59.99 and then scan out at $6... more for people who know.

What's even worse is spotting what you think is going to be a sweet deal laying behind some other crap on the bottom shelf and when they price check it it's not.
For example UFC 2009 for 24.99, I mean seriously I could probably get a used copy for like $2 somewhere.

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#293 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

By the way, does anyone else remember seeing a touch screen Gateway or other brand computer in their Kmart stores a year or two ago? I remember when I went in there to use one of those Fallout New Vegas coaster coupons and seeing it on the same shelves as the HDtv's.

I just kinda wonder if they ever clearanced that out. It'd be nuts to get a nice new PC for $100 or so. I think it was marked $449 or something.

That would be an awesome find. HDD's are almost a $100 so I'll keep a lookout for that. A friend of mine was asking me about computers at K-mart. I didn't even know they sold computers until she informed about it.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#294 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I wish I had copied down the model # or some info for it when I saw it a year or two ago though. At least then maybe I could find a UPC for it and print up a barcode to see what it'd come up in the system.

I can only imagine what the back rooms of some of my local Kmarts look like. They probably house so much VOM(very old merchandise), especially if the cartload of PS2/Xbox games they brought out from the back a couple years ago when I went game hunting with another CAG at my closest store is any indication.

About the only thing that I'm really ticked off at myself for not keeping better track of when it was in stock was that multicade that Target used to sell for $500-600 that looked like an old school arcade machine with about 20 games on it.

Posted Image

#295 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

That multicade was cool but it was pretty low to the ground so uncomfortable to play and the games on it weren't as authentic as they could have been, I bet you can get them pretty cheap on craigslist these day. But you are probably better off just getting a real arcade game if you have space for it and are willing to spend $200-300 on a cabinet, you can get good deals because arcade game collecting is not that popular now.

#296 tomwaits1

tomwaits1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Going way off topic, but the circuit board from the Hanaho multicades is still pretty popular in the arcade communities. It's a standard JAMMA PCB that can be used in 'real' arcade cabinets, the emulation is fairly accurate, and most of the games on it are rare and expensive as original PCBs. If you can find one cheap on CL... grab it. The PCB alone sells for ~$200.

All variations use the same PCB with different data on the SD card: Taito 10-in-1, Taito 20-in-1, or Neo Geo 6-in-1. So, once you have the PCB you can swap it to any of the game lists just by changing the SD card.

#297 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

Found :ps3: Front Mission Evolved earlier this evening!! Was quite happy with the purchase.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#298 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Bought Trauma Center New Blood for $6.00 in Merrillville, IN. Their DS and Wii games were very picked over, many PS3 & 360 games clearanced though. Saw a couple copies of Singularity for 360 for $6.00 and came across a Battalion Wars 2, but it was ringing up 17.99.

#299 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

I found a sing;e copy of Bulletstorm (PS3) with a yellow $4.00 sticker on it. It scanned at $19.99 and the little sonofabitch refused to honor the stickered price. The sticker was fresh, attached professionally as opposed to being scraped off from some other title. I thought they honored their sticker prices.

Ended up getting GRAW 2 PS3 GH for $4.00 instead. Also saw a R&C Crack in time for $6.00.

#300 srac84

srac84

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

hey guys is the buy 1 get 1 50% clearance starting tomorrow?