New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Did the pre-existing batch of $12.99 games drop in price or are they doomed to stay at that price forever?

Any way to get any links for the games as i wanna see if my kmart has a copy of Bayonetta...i couldnt find it on the site.

I was at Kmart on Sunday and saw these... there were more but Im old and cant remember..

Muramasa (Wii) $9.99
Resonance of Fate (360) $9.99
Eternal Sonata (360) $9.99
No More Heroes 2 (Wii) $6.99
Quantum Theory (PS3) $6.99

[quote name='sadakou']Did the pre-existing batch of $12.99 games drop in price or are they doomed to stay at that price forever?[/QUOTE]

I remember that several games were still $12.99, but I'm unsure if any dropped. When I was there I was thinking of what to shop for, and realized I should include CAG in it after I left.

I saw several copies of Sin & Punishment at 17.99 at one of my local stores. I need to head to the out of the way store and see if they still have any Mario Party 8 copies. These were 39.99 last time I was there.

I'll have to check my location again. Last time I checked nothing had dropped. They have had so many copies of the same games at 15-20 for 2 years now.

went to kmart a few days ago. they had a cart full of DS cases/accessories, wiimote stickers, psp cases/accessories, random electronics misc for 50 cents.

Just received an email from Shop Your Way Rewards that said I was awarded $10 worth of points (10,000) that expires on 4/30.

I know they messed up before with a similar email but I checked my account and the 10k points was sitting there so check your email folks.

[quote name='Romeo']I went to a Kmart last week and picked up:

Nights for Wii - $3
3D Dot Heroes for PS3 - $10[/QUOTE]LOVE this game! I think I may pop it in tonight

[quote name='Brother Daz']LOVE this game! I think I may pop it in tonight[/QUOTE]

Did you beat it? I still have it sealed and have a backlog of 50+ since the best buy deal days of December.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Just received an email from Shop Your Way Rewards that said I was awarded $10 worth of points (10,000) that expires on 4/30.

I know they messed up before with a similar email but I checked my account and the 10k points was sitting there so check your email folks.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this. I bought my son a pair of shoes at Sears and was surprised when $11.35 was deducted instead of the $1.35 I was expecting. I haven't shopped at Kmart since last year so that might have something to do with the $10 bonus. Check your email, people.

Does KMART clearance usually scan as marked, or are they all over the place like Sears tends to be where you have to take them to a cashier to scan them?

I saw a HUUUUUGGGGEEEE clearance games section (finally) at my local KMART (must have had 500 games or more), but because most of the games said $19.xx I didn't really bother. I was just looking for something specific and they didn't have it, so I left. However if they are further taking down % off of that, I can certainly find something to use my $10 points certificate on. :)

Well, at the one I went to, they had the bin with the sign that said clearance $19.99 and most games there were unmarked. However, where I picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes for $9.99, it was a section of shelf right next to the glass case of new games that had a whole bunch of other games clearly marked with a yellow price sticker.

Today I picked up Sin and Punishment 2 for $10. I also saw Nier for PS3 for $7.

edit: Just remembered I also saw No More Heroes for $7 and Muramasa for $10

Last edited by a moderator:
The Moorestown, NJ store moved a bunch of older games to open shelves. None of these prices were as marked.

Vanquish (Xbox 360) $12.99
Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360) $9.99
Ninety-Nine Nights 2 (Xbox 360) $9.99
Crackdown 2 (Xbox 360) $9.99
Singularity (Xbox 360) $9.99
Alpha Protocol (Xbox 360) $9.99
Condemned (Xbox 360) $6.99
Condemned 2 (Xbox 360, PS3) $6.99
Qubed (Xbox 360) $6.99
Section 8 (Xbox 360) $6.99

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) $9.99
Naruto Ultimate Ninja: Storm (PS3) $9.99
Mercenaries 2 (PS3) $6.99
Brutal Legend (PS3) $6.99
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (PS3) $6.99
Far Cry 2 (PS3) $6.99
Mirror's Edge (PS3) $6.99
Viking: Battle for Asgard (PS3) $6.99
Dark Void (PS3) $4.99

Blue Dragon Plus (DS) $9.99
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS) $9.99

Resident Evil 4 (PS2, GH) $2.99 (not a typo!)

Taito Legends Power-up (PSP) $6.99

Thought I'd post that I picked up an Infamous + Dual Shock 3 Controller for $19.99 today. Picked up one a couple of months ago at the same price, but I figured they'd be gone by now. So these are still out in the wild.

Has anyone seen the price for HAWX 2 (360) and if it has been updated? (it was $12.97 iirc last fall)

I have $5 bonus rewards expiring tomorrow that would be useful for this.

My K-Mart is pretty messed up. As dirty and creepy as a Dollar Tree. Above the glass cases, they had some more games, in big boxes. I looked behind them and I saw these signs for GBA, GC, and PS1 games. It's like how when K-Mart was orderly and placed the games properly with the sign for each system above the cases. Those old signs were still there. What is going on? Is the owner of the store dead or something? There doesn't seem to have been a hint of maintainence done there for years.

Complete waste of time going. My kmart used to have a bunch of clearance games but all overpriced, now there was nothing except brinks, Beatles, and trons at $20. I don't think I'm going back there again

[quote name='garrett007']Complete waste of time going. My kmart used to have a bunch of clearance games but all overpriced, now there was nothing except brinks, Beatles, and trons at $20. I don't think I'm going back there again[/QUOTE]

Kmart seriously sucks for me too. The place is a huge waste of time. I went there a few weeks ago and I had to wait thirty minutes AFTER asking an employee to help me for them to go get the person that works in electronics. I fully expect my Kmart to have some really cheap games by late summer. I'll just keep watching this thread until I start seeing $1-$5 games that I want then I'll go buy them up.

Picked up Avatar: The game (PS3) for $9.99. (it was properly marked at $9.99)

Also saw Red Faction: Armegeddon marked for $14.99, didn't think that was a super price on that one though. Nothing else really stood out, most others for PS3/360 were still marked $19.99 and I didn't really feel like having them scan a bunch of games for me to see if they were actually supposed to be lower.

I just got Avatar because I had the $10 rewards bonus, and just wanted to get out the door free. Game is suppsed to be "ok" but I don't think I'll ever open it, I'll probably just try to convert it into about $10-13 in cash via selling on ebay.

[quote name='garrett007']Complete waste of time going. My kmart used to have a bunch of clearance games but all overpriced, now there was nothing except brinks, Beatles, and trons at $20. I don't think I'm going back there again[/QUOTE]

It's all very hit or miss in my experience. I have 3 KMART's in my area, the best store has very little clearance because they actually do a good job organizing their games section and turning over inventory, 1 store is kind of in the middle with some selection but they are always behind the curve on the price drops, and the "problem child" store just has a massive, massive collection. This was the store that never even bothered to alphabetize their games and just piled games on top of more games. They finally made a massive effort to organize the "behind the glass" games sections and it looks good. But because of their past failure they probably have 500+ clearance games, yet they are still so stupid that they are all marked $19.99. Hopefully one day they will go the $1-5 clearance route that Sears used to do.

The Sears near me is where I used to really get the clearance finds for $2 PS3/Wii games. But now they have almost nothing, and hardly bother getting new games either (so there will be no future clearance).

Picked up a few goodies:

Wii:
Sin Punishment - 6.99
A Boy and His Blob - 6.99

360:
Bayonetta - 9.99

PSP

Castlevania Dracula X - 9.99

DS

Nostalgia - 9.99
Rock Band 3 - 6.99
Foto Showdown - 6.99

Thanks OP!

I found a few deals in the bargain bin at my K-Mart. Picked up the following:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES x 2 (PS2)
Dragon Quest V (DS)
No More Heroes 2 (Wii)
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

Plus a movie and two nail polishes for the wife for around $48 (-$4 on my rewards card) plus getting a free $5 gift card made for a decent spending day. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

dang... of course I pick up 3d Dot heroes two weeks before the price drop. It sat in its wrapper until last week, when I wanted to look at the insert. Had I not done that, I could have gotten a price adjustment. Drats. May have to go back and see what else they have

Went by Kmart this afternoon on the way to hit up the Redbox to use the free rental code for the month.

Didn't find anything people have listed on here. The only yellow tag clearance stuff they had was old music titles that have been marked down for at least 2 months and haven't moved.

Tons and tons of clearance games at my not-so-local K-mart.

I got Castlevania: OOE for $9.99, DMC4 PS3 for $9.99 and Jeanne D'arc for $6.99. I don't even have a DS anymore but I love Castlevania: OOE so much, I'll let it sit next to me Xbox-less Panzer Dragoon Orta.

Funny thing is, while I had to search for DMC4 in the shelves, some helpful person had taken out Castlevania and Jeanne D'arc and left them in plain view. :D.

[quote name='deadtrees']
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3) $9.99[/QUOTE]

Saw this at my local K-Mart in WI today and picked one up. :) I think the 360 version was also stickered at $9.99, can't remember for sure though.

[quote name='Josh1billion']Saw this at my local K-Mart in WI today and picked one up. :) I think the 360 version was also stickered at $9.99, can't remember for sure though.[/QUOTE]

Which WI Kmart?

Stopped by Kmart today. They had lots of games on the clearance shelves but no price stickers on them. The place is semi-ghetto so the service is lousy. It seems like there are always a bunch of people hanging around in electronics and the staff is very slow to check ring people up. The store used to have the self checkers but they were all gone. I wish there was an android app made for Kmart that would allow the customer to scan the merchandise to get prices. After a while I lost patience waiting for help and left. It is pure stupidity on the store's part not to put prices on the games. How do they expect to sell anything.

Saw Bulletstorm: Limited Edition for 19.99 and Deadspace for $5.00

Both were PS3 and the sticker prices were not correct.

Picked up Rock Band 3 for the DS for 6.99 and one of the PS3 wireless keypad/chatpad things for 20. I saw a Helghast Edition KZ3 for 60 and a Halo Reach missing its slipcover for 80 I think, but I'm still waiting for the Mario Party 8's to drop to a reasonable 25 or so.

Scored a couple PS3 Official Blu-ray Remote for $2.49. Not bad.

dscn8707.jpg

bread's done
Back