New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
4771 replies to this topic

#451 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

Ended up getting the first couple volumes of Singstar for $6 a piece. Too bad I didn't get that 50% off clearance this time around.
Posted Image

#452 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

Every single game you can get for cheap had one of those "value" tags on it, raising the price to $10-20 dollars. Who the hell does Kmart think they're fooling? $.75 LocoRoco is $10. $3 Lost Planet is $15. Bunch of rat-bastards.

It's because they don't get any money by returning the game back to the vendor. So by slapping a value tag on the product, they can preserve its value while at the same time making the game look like a good deal to someone that's buying games for a kid. From a business standpoint, it isn't a terrible practice.
Posted Image

#453 jd12586

jd12586

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

Picked up:

xbox 360 ncaa basketball 10 $7.50
ps3 quantum theory $3.00
ps3 lego indiana jones 2 $6.00
ps3 motorstrom pacific rift $4.50
ps3 buzz quiz world $4.50

#454 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Both Kmarts I went to had games on tables in electronic. With a ton more up near the registers on 4-sided, with a basket on top, carts.

Yes, there was definitely some activity there today.

#455 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Picked up:

xbox 360 ncaa basketball 10 $7.50
ps3 quantum theory $3.00
ps3 lego indiana jones 2 $6.00
ps3 motorstrom pacific rift $4.50
ps3 buzz quiz world $4.50

Nice on NCAA 10. I found 3 during March Madness for 9.99 each and made $150 on Ebay. I've looked all over town for more but they are gone where I am.

#456 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I actually checked create on Ps3 today, its coming up 14.99 but I remember someone in the thread said they got it for 3 dollars.. but not at my store, I actually checked 2 stores.

It's the Wii version that's clearanced out. Didn't see any other copies.

#457 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

I am betting the value games are ordered from a separate vendor and bought in bulk, since I have seen the same game at 2 different prices. I don't think Kmart is pulling anything here, but raising the prices on clearance games is shady, I bet they are doing that just so that they don't have to honor the b1g1 that does not work because their system is screwed up. If they don't have any clearance games in the store then they don't have to honor the ad.

Off topic but I am having trouble charging my PS3 keypad, I tried every USB port in the house, which is a lot but the only thing that charged it was my Xbox 360 S model, I don't have the PS3 system yet, but I will be getting it soon. Would it be safe to use a Motorola cell phone charger (input 100-240v, 50/60hz, 0.15A, output 5.0V 550mA) with it, the charger is a wall plug with a USB port on the end.

#458 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

I know about Open Office, but I don't really have a use for it right now, or else I would install it.

open office sucks. when larry ellison bought sun microsystems, the open office team forked the project and formed libre office. Libre Office is the one you want to get. It is fantastic and open source.

#459 tomwaits1

tomwaits1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:25 AM

Haven't seen it noted in this thread yet, but Sports Champions (PS3 - game only) was also $6 at my local K-Mart. Buzz Quiz World (PS3) rang up at $6 here and not the $4.50 that some have reported.

Dawn of Discovery (Wii) was $4 here too.

#460 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

Haven't seen it noted in this thread yet, but Sports Champions (PS3 - game only) was also $6 at my local K-Mart. Buzz Quiz World (PS3) rang up at $6 here and not the $4.50 that some have reported.

Dawn of Discovery (Wii) was $4 here too.

Those $4.50 prices were only for last week during the B1G1 50% off on clearance games. I know because the :ps3:Tony Hawk Ride bundle that I bought a week or two earlier for $6 came up $4.50.

But it only seemed to work on certain games apparently, since the :360:DJ Hero bundle that I picked up with it for the BOGO 50% came up the full $10 that it also scanned in as at the scanner.

What's really cool though is that they gave me the THR bundle for $2.25 after deducting 50% from the $4.50 price at the registers.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#461 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

picked up Lost Planet 2 $14.99 PS3 Sonic Unleashed $6.00 PS3 Enemy Territory Quake Wars $6.00 PS3 Buzz Bundle $6.00 PS2. Had lots of clearance Xbox 360 games, but hardly play Xbox so didnt bother to pick any up. Left em for some one who really wanted them.

#462 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

This came up as the $9.99 it was marked for: http://www.amazon.co...rds=ps2 digimon

Papa Science- Nintendo DS $2

Seemed like 1 store added more games.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#463 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

I found a few of those Digimon's at a distant K-Mart last September for the same price. I'm surprised they haven't dropped any lower.

#464 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

Yeah. I LOL'ed at Secret Agent Clank-PS2 for $19.99(asked her to scan it)!

Viewtiful Joe-PS2 is $4.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#465 goodnight144

goodnight144

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Stopped at a kmart while out of town and picked up
Red Steel 2 wii motion plus bundle for $5
No more heroes 2 $6.99
DS Headset $2

They had about 8 wii rockband keyboard bundles but they were still $30 :(

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#466 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

I scored a PS3 Singstar bundle ($5) and a Logitech remote ($1.97). Also they had the Xbox Live bundle for $39.97. It included 13 months, chat pad, headset and PGR3.

mer71.jpg

#467 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Went back to the Hazleton PA Store on Tuesday. They have gotten worse. There $19.99 value bin is full of shitty games, and the real $6 clearance is shit and Guitar Hero games :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#468 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Stopped at a kmart while out of town and picked up
Red Steel 2 wii motion plus bundle for $5
No more heroes 2 $6.99
DS Headset $2

They had about 8 wii rockband keyboard bundles but they were still $30 :(

Nice job on Red steel 2 bundle. Sears has it for $18.
FYI- No more heroes 2 was $2.97 at my sears

My Kmart didnt have any good clearance. I know this is a game forum, but
I found a Craftsman 4 Gallon 5Hp Wet/Dry Vac for $20.
Sears still sell it for $80 and dont match Sears prices

#469 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:07 PM

Got my 10$ GC for the screw up, went back to the K-Mart and damn near anything of value was gone. (Saw a few GH:Metallica's though).

Just curious, do GC's from K-Mart work at Sear's too?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#470 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Got my 10$ GC for the screw up, went back to the K-Mart and damn near anything of value was gone. (Saw a few GH:Metallica's though).

Not sure. Read the back of the giftcard.

If it says Sears holding, etc.
They are both the same company, but not sure. U can call the 1-800 # that is on the card

#471 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Yes they do.

#472 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

Sweet then, thanks. Worst comes to worst and i'll just buy a PSN card or something
Posted ImagePosted Image

#473 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

Yes, LandsEnd, kmart, sears, all interchangable

#474 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

I have the digimon PS2 game, I wouldn't advise buying to play it, the battles are EXTREMELY and excruciatingly slow and the encounter rate must be like 90% so every time you take like 3 steps you have to battle a monster. If you want to play a good digimon game track down a copy of Digimon Dawn or dust for the DS from Gamestop they are the bees knees, if you can find the original Digimon World for DS its even better than those 2, I lost a big chuck of my life to that game no joke, it was really that good. Its Pokemon done right. Your monsters live on a farm instead of living in a box like they do in pokemon, while they are on the farm they grow and gain stats and stuff. If Pokemon would only steal this concept...

#475 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I scored a PS3 Singstar bundle ($5) and a Logitech remote ($1.97). Also they had the Xbox Live bundle for $39.97. It included 13 months, chat pad, headset and PGR3.

The Logitech remote was a 300i.

mer71.jpg

#476 goodnight144

goodnight144

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Went to the local kmart yesterday and got all excited when I saw a really old xbox live 3 month in a blister pack, a 4000 point card and tons of 1600 points cards in blister packs. Only to have them ring up for retail......

Did they start making those again or is this kmart just behind on the times?

The 1600 points cards were $16 which is ok but meh.

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#477 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

came back from Kmart, the Logitech remote was normal price :(
PS3 game selection of clearance was null.

#478 Angel.Sofiel

Angel.Sofiel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

The white PSP Go at my Kmart is still ringing up $150. The good news is that I found a copy of Singularity for 360 at $5 and a new in box EA Active 2 for 360 for $4 :)

#479 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

The white PSP Go at my Kmart is still ringing up $150. The good news is that I found a copy of Singularity for 360 at $5 and a new in box EA Active 2 for 360 for $4 :)

I saw the EA Active 2 bundles for 360 this afternoon at the one Kmart. They were priced at like $3.90. WTF kinda clearance price is that?:lol:

I also saw a :ps2:Singstar Country bundle that was sealed for $5 as well as a standalone of the same game for $5.

Some prices have gone down by about $1 per game, but the names elude me right now.

I also saw a Karaoke Revolution bundle for $10 for :360: in the one Kmart.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#480 breakfuss

breakfuss

Malicious Baiter ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hmmm. My Kmart FINALLY reorganized its game section and marked some clearance items. Saw a bunch of band/guitar heroes...the usual fodder. I ended up getting Genesis Collection and Naughty bear for 5 each. Contemplating whether or not to return Naughty Bear, though...the reviews for it are ABYSMAL. Seems like such a hilarious and interesting concept, though. I guess I could just trade it back into Best Buy if I don't like it.