New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
4760 replies to this topic

#2071 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Store closing "sales" >shudders<. Last major one I experienced (though not the first by far) was the Circuit City by me and to a lesser extent the BBV one after that. Man, those sales really bring out not only the worst IN people, but the worst people in general, haha.

You always get that first wave of morons who ruins it for everybody else by going in and buying pretty much anything with a % off sticker on it. Then you have the employees that hide stuff for themselves, friends, and family. Then you get the stalkers who harass employees the whole time about EXACTLY WHEN the drops will occur, don't take their word for it anyway, and are waiting at the store every single morning just in case drops happen. The people who will push and shove for any deal. The people stocking up for all their friends and family. The flippers buying cart fulls of stuff, etc etc etc.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#2072 daminion

daminion

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Circuit city clearance was worse than their clearance sales. I miss circuit city. Found a ton of food deals there.

#2073 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

For 90% of items at a store closing sale you can probably buy it online for a cheaper price and with a return policy. I wouldn't buy anything at a store closing sale unless it was disposable goods or something that could not possibly have a problem with it and I absolutely could not get the item for a lower price elsewhere including online.

Local news stations like to air stories about how these sales are scams so most people know by now, but you always get the people who think they are getting the greatest deal ever no matter what but if you spend a large amount of money at a store without a return policy then you are stupid and you get what you deserve if you have a problem with your stuff. It doesn't take much research to learn these sales are a scam, and if you can go to a store then you can spend 2 min to read an article somewhere about scammy liquidation sales.

A lot of these stores seem to have a ton of old merchandise that has been sitting around for a long time and has probably been hauled around a million times thus more likely there is a chance for broken parts, cracked screens, dead non-replaceable batteries etc.

#2074 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

went to my local kmart and nothing electronic was working -__-

#2075 cward24

cward24

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Today I was in my local kmart in Iowa City, IA and noticed that the White PSPGo was marked down to $50.00 on clearance. All the accessories were sold out months ago though. But with the cradle it is not too bad of a buy. I am not sure if this price is company wide though.

#2076 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

CRAP! I checked both my local Walmart Fable 3 CE still $50-ish & everything is still the same price :(
"Evil is Funs"

#2077 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Picked up Kinect Body and Brain Connection for $2.99.

mer71.jpg

#2078 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

That was $4.97 a few months ago, maybe there is another round of drops?

#2079 J7.

J7.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Got free $3 in points from Kmart, expires 2/3/13.

#2080 GILiveRadio

GILiveRadio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Found the following at my Kmart in El Paso TX on Montwood

:wii:
100K pyramid $0.99
Top Spin 4 $0.99
De blob 2 $0.99
Where the wild things are $0.99
You don't know jack $0.99

:360:
Sing it (game only) $0.99
Hanna Montana the movie game $0.99
Kinect body and brain connection $0.99
F.3.A.R (FEAR 3) $0.99

Just an FYI (not that I do it or condone it) FEAR 3 and You don't know jack trade in for $5 at GameStop.

:360: GI Mvideoplus
Visit us @ 8bitfix.com

#2081 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

I found a copy of 3rd Birthday for $4.97. It had a yellow clearance sticker. I also found a copy of Lufia DS with a "Great Value" or something sticker on it. Probably nothing new but this is the first time in years that I've found something decent at Kmart.

Anybody know if the Goldeneye Wii bundles (with the gold classic controller) were clearanced by Kmart? Mine has one marked for $47.xx (reg price is $49.99).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#2082 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

For anyone still looking for a PSP 3000 I just picked one up for $24.97. It was tagged at $84 but I asked the clerk to price check it. He couldn't belive it, he scanned it twice.

I also grabbed a Playstation Move charging station for $6.99 which I think has been posted here before.

Happy hunting!
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#2083 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

For anyone still looking for a PSP 3000 I just picked one up for $24.97. It was tagged at $84 but I asked the clerk to price check it. He couldn't belive it, he scanned it twice.

I also grabbed a Playstation Move charging station for $6.99 which I think has been posted here before.

Happy hunting!

Holy smokes. A psp 3000? I know that is old tech, but great to use to watch movies and emulate old school gaming. I haven't seen a PSp at kmart over a year.

#2084 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Happy hunting!

Holy shit! A KMart near me had one a couple months ago marked at the $84.xx clearance price. I will definitely stop by there tomorrow to see if it's still there.

So many great PSP rpgs.

Edited by thebytewasbit, 28 January 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#2085 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

My KMart had nothing. Even the old games I picked up there were back up to higher prices. They seemed to be very well stocked with WiiU and Xbox consoles, though. There were also about 2 of the Gears 3 Limited/Epic editions, Halo Reach Legendary Edition, and AC Brotherhood collector's editions.

#2086 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Happy hunting!

Is it the core pack? Can you post the upc?

#2087 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Is it the core pack? Can you post the upc?

It is the core system. UPC: 71171988980

Spoiler

#2088 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Happy hunting!

OMG!:shock:

I would do ANYTHING to find 1 for that price!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2089 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I checked 3 local Kmart 24 HWY Independence, MO. Noldand Road, Independence, MO. and Antioch Mall, MO. NO GO on Clearance. Everything is expensive hope it'll drop next month :)
"Evil is Funs"

#2090 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

OMG!:shock:

I would do ANYTHING to find 1 for that price!

....aaaaand the pervs come out of the wood work.

Or maybe it's just me. :-#

Spoiler

#2091 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

No, thought the same thing immediately. Used quality ones can be found routinely for $65-75. Got to love cheap dates.

#2092 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

She puts out ambiguous posts like that sometimes, I think to stir up the natives. Probably gets a kick out of the reactions. CAG is the perfect place to do it; anonymous, plenty of undersexed men buzzing on Mnt. Dew, limited competition for attention from other females.

Unless we are all being trolled. Someone here has a signature that reads:
On the internet men are men, women are men and children are the FBI.

Regardless, good luck finding a PSP. FYI, Target has slowly started dropping the prices non-clearance. They are currently $99 if you still have any in your area.

Spoiler

#2093 NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hahahahaha.

#2094 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Happy hunting!

Great find. At that price, I might have picked up two, to have another spare since I have a lot of umds.

#2095 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

Sale ended 1/19... Oh and Fuck managers like that. Similar shit happened to me when all I wanted to do was return the game and rebuy using a valid KMart coupon. I was told they can't because too many people are doing that and KMart is losing money. I am sure they are... Due to Shitty customer service.

You should have done the survey against the store and mentioned the incident. It would have hurt them in the long run as they take survey's seriously.

#2096 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Nope. Not just you. :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#2097 tomwaits1

tomwaits1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Saw Sims 3 - 3DS for $2.50 at the local Kmart.

Nothing else was stickered that cheap here, but maybe other games have dropped too?

#2098 bradr

bradr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

I scanned a couple of things at my KMart (Samurai Warriors 3DS and Hunted PS3). Both came up as Check Shelf Label. They did have price stickers of $40 on each of them, though. How does KMart usually handle things that ring up check shelf label? Do they just type in whatever price is stickered on the game?

#2099 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm going by a different KMart after work to see if they still have that psp. I don't expect it to be there, however can't pass up the chance to get a new psp for that price. I forgot how many awesome PSP rpgs there are!

#2100 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Nothing at a decent price at any of the 2 kmarts I went to.

Most games are the pre labeled stuff for meh prices.