New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
4490 replies to this topic

#2131 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'll try to give it another go at a few more locations before giving up but man, I had forgotten how terrible Kmarts are. They need to just go out of business so we can use that retail space for Halloween costume stores.

Also hate even trying to look on Craigslist for a deal. All the listings are along the lines of a PSP, lots of scratches, no charger (so I'm sure it works, right?), a couple of crappy sports games from 2007, all for the tremendous price of $150 firm. Why bother wasting the bandwidth?

I know how u feel. Kmart wont go out anytime soon since they have sears.

#2132 INdescript

INdescript

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Checked mine today. Major disappoint as usual. :cry:

#2133 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Checked mine today. Major disappoint as usual. :cry:

I'm not sure how anyone is getting $1-2 games. I stopped at a store where I know the manager for electronics. Nearly all games mentioned here recently rang up at correct prices, generally $20 or above... Brink, Lost Planet 2, and others. Kmarts drops aren't ymmv so I'm a bit confused.

#2134 kingtopher

kingtopher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

I know how u feel. Kmart wont go out anytime soon since they have sears.

Actually, from what I've read Sears is in more trouble than Kmart.

#2135 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I'm not sure how anyone is getting $1-2 games. I stopped at a store where I know the manager for electronics. Nearly all games mentioned here recently rang up at correct prices, generally $20 or above... Brink, Lost Planet 2, and others. Kmarts drops aren't ymmv so I'm a bit confused.

Did they have stickers over the UPC's?

#2136 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Checked my K-Mart the other day. No clearance. Plenty of PlayStation 2 games (around $20) and saw Halo: Reach CE marked at $79.99. Of course, there was no one around to scan it, never is. Gotta love K-Mart.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#2137 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Same for me, only thing was mayhem 3d came to not on system.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#2138 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Actually, from what I've read Sears is in more trouble than Kmart.

It's hard to separate them since they are one in the same company. Do they publish separate traffic/financials publicly? Maybe they do in the footnotes, I honestly don't know as I wouldn't touch this company with a 10 foot pole (as far as being an investor is concerned).

Either way, Sears has radically gone downhill since KMART bought them out years ago. I see too many KMART's that are basically in areas ravaged by the ghetto, in dangerous areas I would not want to set foot in. Their merchandise looks like it's from the 1970's. Their only chance was instead of acquiring Sears all those years ago, to invest that money in closing stores in ghetto areas and upgrading their real-estate profile. Instead they took on LOADS of debt to buy out Sears, and invested NO money in stores whatsoever.

The combination was obviously doomed to fail. These companies have both been left in the dust to Wal-Mart, Target, etc. And now with the internet they are going to the weak hands that there is no room for in the market.

#2139 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Well enough people have reported this, something is going on. So maybe games can be open to YMMV now (even though it normally isn't). Maybe it means something as far as these stores electronics departments or possibly even pre-cursor to announcing closings? Who knows.

I know I never have any luck at KMART, it's always "as marked", and completely ridiculous price for ancient games (i.e. $20 or $30 for games that aren't worth $5). Used to have all kinds of crazy finds like this at Sears though. Hopefully I will start having some luck at KMART for some of these $1 and $2 games.

Goodness knows they need to clearance them out. I notice relatively recently alot of games just magically disappeared from the shelves. Obviously so they could re-organize everything (went from major disaster, to semi-organized disaster). I don't go to KMART that often, but unless they had a dump bin of $1 games there's literally NO WAY they cleared all their old inventory between visits (only other option was if they shipped them away to a warehouse or "struck a deal" with a bulk buyer like Big Lots).

Edited by Agent Orange, 04 February 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#2140 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Did they have stickers over the UPC's?

Same for me, only thing was mayhem 3d came to not on system.

No stickers, they were not value games. Some had green clearance stickers, some had white. All rang up price as marked. I checked two stores today, no special clearance like we had last fall.

#2141 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Were you scanning Xbox 360 games? Those probably aren't on clearance. For example, RAGE PS3 was recently $4.97, and now it's removed from the system. So I got it for $1.97. But the 360 version still rings up at $19.99.

#2142 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

all the 1$ to 2$ games mentioned here were all suddenly removed from my kmart except for their fear 3 copies for 360. what the heck happened to them ? were they sold to a merchant or something ?
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2143 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

all the 1$ to 2$ games mentioned here were all suddenly removed from my kmart except for their fear 3 copies for 360. what the heck happened to them ? were they sold to a merchant or something ?

Maybe a CAG/SDer bought them?

#2144 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

doubtfull. ive never had any comepition at my kmarts and what not lol. not to mention kmart did a big clean up/re orginization of their game rack. a bunch of games were put in a 70% off clearance shelf and a ton of others dissapeared.
Currently playing

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#2145 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

I saw a Star Wars force unleashed 2 LE at my local kmart, but the lady price checked it for me and they still wanted 49.99. :/ Was hoping it would be cheap.

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png

#2146 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Two days ago the PS3 Singstar game was penny out, they wanted $5 for it and I said no thanks after looking at the tracks, for me is worth $2 or less lmao.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#2147 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

No that's what happened at my KMART months back as well. They re-organized their shelves and got rid of a bunch of stuff - including what was in clearance at the time. But they still had a bunch of ANCIENT stuff behind the glass. There's literally NO WAY they actually sold all of that stuff to customers. Not even CAG's. It just disappeared. So either it's in the back somewhere, or maybe they sold it off in bulk.

#2148 Robotuner

Robotuner

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

I recently left my job at Kmart. Once an item goes "penny" status (requires manual entry of price) we were supposed to take the item off the shelf. They get sent away I believe.
Posted Image

#2149 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

I recently left my job at Kmart. Once an item goes "penny" status (requires manual entry of price) we were supposed to take the item off the shelf. They get sent away I believe.

the only pennied out item i saw was fable 3 but it scanned as check shelf price for pricing on it. it had a 29.99 sticker on it so i said forget it lol. i didnt scan the fear 3 copies behind the glass though
Currently playing

#2150 Bapesta

Bapesta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

For anyone that lives out here in Virginia Beach, I just came back from the one on Constitution Dr. and came home with Dungeon Siege III, Fear 3, Yakuza 4, and Dead Space 2 limited edition @ $5 a game. They just had a section with $5 clearance tags hanging from the inside of the gaming cabinet. I guess all other CAG's getting in on the $1-$2 games are lucky and YMMV. Two out of the four games that I got scanned out at $15-$20 respectively, but since they were tagged with $5 stickers, I got them to override the pricing. Good luck to other fellow CAG's in the area and I'm tempted to hit other K-Mart's just to see what else they might have.

#2151 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I picked up some Alphaline Wii component cables for $3.75. Not bad.

#2152 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

For anyone that lives out here in Virginia Beach, I just came back from the one on Constitution Dr. and came home with Dungeon Siege III, Fear 3, Yakuza 4, and Dead Space 2 limited edition @ $5 a game. They just had a section with $5 clearance tags hanging from the inside of the gaming cabinet. I guess all other CAG's getting in on the $1-$2 games are lucky and YMMV. Two out of the four games that I got scanned out at $15-$20 respectively, but since they were tagged with $5 stickers, I got them to override the pricing. Good luck to other fellow CAG's in the area and I'm tempted to hit other K-Mart's just to see what else they might have.

Seeing as you posted Yakuza, this is all PS3, right?

#2153 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

it was me ;)

#2154 Bapesta

Bapesta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Seeing as you posted Yakuza, this is all PS3, right?

Yes, Yakuza 4 and Dead Space 2 were PS3. The other two titles were XBOX 360. If I'm not mistaken, they had copies of games for both systems except for Yakuza 4 as you know it's for PS3 only.

#2155 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

They ship them off to another location. My local store does it all the time. I've watched some of these games for years, then all of a sudden they are gone.

#2156 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Managed to pick up vanquish for ps3 for 1.99 and 3 copies of hunted for 1.99 each also.

#2157 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Grabbed a couple days ago
:ps3:Vanquish $2
:ps3:DeBlob 2 $2
:ps3:Bulletstorm $3
:360:Hannah Montana $1

#2158 ZombieFever

ZombieFever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Picked up Dungeon Siege III (PS3) for $2.40.

Also noticed a copy of Vanquish (PS3). Did a price check and it had Check Self Label. The game was still in a plastic box and the tag on the inside said $20 or so.

Little devil on my shoulder was whispering in my ear to just come back later with the Dungeon Siege tag and slap it on there. :( Wont do it though.

#2159 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Someone cleaned out the Decatur, IN K-mart. It looks like my CAG nemisis is back in town, or else I have a new one... lol

#2160 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

So these cheap games will have stickers on them saying they are that cheap? Will they ring up at the 1-2 dollar price if i scan them myself?

TwitterIcon2.pngThe7thNumber.png