New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
4653 replies to this topic

#2851 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Had to get a new pillow, no price changes that I could find.  They did have some of the Vita cradles, USB cables and card cases ($10, $10, $3) respectively.  The cradle's tempting just to have things managed on my desk a little better but it's going for about the same price on Amazon so I'll wait and see if it goes lower.

Yeah, that Vita charging cradle was lower before.  It was on clearance at Sears for $3, but my store never dropped the price.  I also missed it on sale at Best Buy for $7.  I'm still waiting to get one since it seems fairly useful.

#2852 Flash Strife

Flash Strife

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Got the last copy of Professor Layton and the Last Specter for $9.97 at my local store. It was tagged at $14.97 but was scanned as $9.97. Would of picked up Valkyria Chronicles 2 (they had 3 copies) but broke. Was hoping to find Shadows of the Damned, Bayonetta or Twilight Princess but no such luck, they don't have much and the store was terrible anyways.

#2853 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hello there. MX vs ATV Alive for the PS3 is clearanced at $4.99. You could, uh, buy it, and then sell it, uh, "somewhere else" for a little bit more, or put it on Ebay for as much as you want.

Considering that Gamestop charges $25 for a pre-owned copy, this is a pretty good deal!

#2854 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

halo reach limited edition 14.97
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2855 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Forgive me friends because this post is going to be a giant brag and you're all welcome to hate me a little afterwards, but I am having the BEST DAY.  On great CAG moment after another this morning (killer Gamestop trade, bunch of limited edition Skylanders, clearance finds at Target) and before I had home I figure I'll check this one Kmart about a mile away from where I am.  It had been a couple weeks, it's pretty barren but you never know.  it was such a ghost town, only things I see on clearance are two shovelware games that are still like $20.  I turn to leave and this catches my eye:

Spoiler

I almost missed it because I was just scanning for yellow tags and you would not believe the way my jaw dropped as I had to pinch myself.  Then my stomach dropped as I looked at the tag and realized I had to go find the scanner.  Longest walk to a scanner of my life, especially because I couldn't remember where it was at first.  When I found it I was just praying to Cthullu that it would come up at no more than $15; it came up for... $4.97!!!  I couldn't even believe it and found myself giving this huge fist pump like I just hit a game winning 3 point shot.  Been looking for this for months, drove all over the Detroit area on the off chance of finding it, and then poof it shows up out of nowhere (been through every game at that store in the past month and it was definitely not there before).

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#2856 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Forgive me friends because this post is going to be a giant brag and you're all welcome to hate me a little afterwards, but I am having the BEST DAY.  On great CAG moment after another this morning (killer Gamestop trade, bunch of limited edition Skylanders, clearance finds at Target) and before I had home I figure I'll check this one Kmart about a mile away from where I am.  It had been a couple weeks, it's pretty barren but you never know.  it was such a ghost town, only things I see on clearance are two shovelware games that are still like $20.  I turn to leave and this catches my eye:

Spoiler

I almost missed it because I was just scanning for yellow tags and you would not believe the way my jaw dropped as I had to pinch myself.  Then my stomach dropped as I looked at the tag and realized I had to go find the scanner.  Longest walk to a scanner of my life, especially because I couldn't remember where it was at first.  When I found it I was just praying to Cthullu that it would come up at no more than $15; it came up for... $4.97!!!  I couldn't even believe it and found myself giving this huge fist pump like I just hit a game winning 3 point shot.  Been looking for this for months, drove all over the Detroit area on the off chance of finding it, and then poof it shows up out of nowhere (been through every game at that store in the past month and it was definitely not there before).

Got one a couple weeks ago for $9.97 and I thought that was sweet but $4.97? Very nice find!

#2857 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Spoiler

That's another excellent deal, considering that Gamestop charges $29.99 for a pre-owned copy.

#2858 theoldone

theoldone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

New drops at my store today, went to check on sly collection and found 1 copy, checked the price and it was $4.97 as previously reported. So I checked a couple other games, lord of the rings war in the north was $4.97 but I think that's already been reported, I also checked carnival games Kinect for 360 was marked $9.97 but rang up $4.97. There's some other games at my store that ill check tomorrow and post anything new.

Long time here but this is my first real post, please be gentle :-)

#2859 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

God of War 3 $4.97 (sorry if this was already reported)

#2860 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Homefront for PS3 is $2.  It's an awful game but for 2 bucks it may be worth it.  I've already played through the game so I left it at the store for the nice Kmart employee that scanned every game for me.

#2861 realbigexplosion

realbigexplosion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

I went back to my store to see if they had any Sly's in the case, but no such luck for me.

Currently Playing:  :ps3: God of War   :wiiu: Super Mario 3D World (star hunting)   :3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds   :pc: To the Moon

Recently Finished:  :ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen    :3ds: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon    :pc: Gone Home

#2862 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Oh I forgot, Mass Effect 2 Plat hits (360 if the plat hits didn't give it away) is like $9.97 or $4.97 I forget which.  Either way I wasn't buying because I've played through it.  Also Deus Ex for 360 which my store had several of was 9.97.  Pilot Wings Resort (3DS) is $14.97.  According to the store employee they're going to lower the prices on Sunday.

#2863 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

I went back to my store to see if they had any Sly's in the case, but no such luck for me.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, the game has been gone for like two months.  That's why I was so freaking overjoyed about it and still wondering where that copy would have come from (not that I'm complaining).

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#2864 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

So you drove all over Detroit for months, spending who knows how much on gas, to end up saving $15?

pitfall_harry219.png

#2865 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

So you drove all over Detroit for months, spending who knows how much on gas, to end up saving $15?

Well yes and no.  Looked for two or three months but more in hitting every store that was within a reasonable driving distance whenever I was going somewhere in an area normally out of reasonable reach.  It was the time doing so that was the bigger waste since it meant leaving for everything  two or three hours early.  Also not like I kept checking stores outside of my regulars once I knew it was a waste and still got some good finds that I wouldn't have otherwise.

TLDR: I'm sad with nothing better to do but not quite that sad.  :roll:

Trade List

#2866 Neoreloaded313

Neoreloaded313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

Kobo wifi ereader was just pennied out and I got it for $6.99. I know its not game related but someone might be interested in it. I remember seeing some Sly Cooper collections, will check it out next time I am covering electronics. 

#2867 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

I checked few games out this past friday and found, (All Xbox) A few stragglers.

Gears Of War Triple Pack $4.97

Battle Fantasia $4.97

Fairytale Fights $4.97

There were a bunch of games that dropped from $14.97 to $9.97 (Sorry, not RDR: GOTY or Warhammer) they were not big enough drops to bother posting on games you could find elsewhere cheaper.

If anything else drops, you'll be the first to know...

P.S. still waiting on Assassins Creed: Brotherhood CE to drop in my store :bomb: Im not paying $60 for a Medicine Man when the game is practically free now.

#2868 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Good for you. I on the other hand had to work for my copy. $10 at Walmart on Black Friday. It was a warzone. What's with that price tag?

I have no idea, that's why I had to post a picture of it.

Trade List

#2869 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

I went to a Kmart that I never go because is farther away, but the fam needed to go to that mall for shoes (women). Anyways, they had lotr war north and a couple of other behind the case priced at $15; when I asked the guy told me those were final prices... Yes I know he doesn't know jack, but I wasn't really interested in it that much to see if it would scan correctly since all their clearance games where behind glass. He probably wasn't lying about pricing because the electronics area had a couple of signs of clearance stuff that said sticker final price and they were gunning prices. This was the most organized Kmart electronics section I have been, but everything in it was high in prices even after scanning them. They had the rapstar w mic for $15 ps3; this was out of the glass so I scanned it myself. I found it funny they still had like 30 VHS movies! I tell you this store looked like it had the same stuff since the 90s with still high prices...

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#2870 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

I went to a Kmart that I never go because is farther away, but the fam needed to go to that mall for shoes (women). Anyways, they had lotr war north and a couple of other behind the case priced at $15; when I asked the guy told me those were final prices... Yes I know he doesn't know jack, but I wasn't really interested in it that much to see if it would scan correctly since all their clearance games where behind glass. He probably wasn't lying about pricing because the electronics area had a couple of signs of clearance stuff that said sticker final price and they were gunning prices. This was the most organized Kmart electronics section I have been, but everything in it was high in prices even after scanning them. They had the rapstar w mic for $15 ps3; this was out of the glass so I scanned it myself. I found it funny they still had like 30 VHS movies! I tell you this store looked like it had the same stuff since the 90s with still high prices...

Should have just told him that you wanted to buy them all and then changed your mind at the last second. ;)

Trade List

#2871 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Should have just told him that you wanted to buy them all and then changed your mind at the last second. ;)

Lol my big backlog didn't let me pull the trigger on B- games to add to it and care to ask him. I have done it at other kmarts, but I bought some stuff from amazon so I don't wanna hear from the womenfolk that I spend too much on my hobbies for which I have limited time to do. They speak the truth though.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#2872 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

I'm having issues ordering from Kmart.com :/ even my Animal Crossing has not been received yet :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#2873 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Picked up a Halo: Reach Limited Edition... Contemplated Resident Evil 5 Gold for $4.97, but I just recently picked up the vanilla and don't see myself ever touching the DLC.

#2874 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

Well yes and no.  Looked for two or three months but more in hitting every store that was within a reasonable driving distance whenever I was going somewhere in an area normally out of reasonable reach.  It was the time doing so that was the bigger waste since it meant leaving for everything  two or three hours early.  Also not like I kept checking stores outside of my regulars once I knew it was a waste and still got some good finds that I wouldn't have otherwise.

TLDR: I'm sad with nothing better to do but not quite that sad.  :roll:

Got Sly Cooper for $9.97 (marked $14.97) a few months ago, at a metro Detroit Kmart. Haven't had much luck since. They still have 2 Fallout New Vegas CE's for $49.99...

#2875 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepard of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Picked up a Halo: Reach Limited Edition... Contemplated Resident Evil 5 Gold for $4.97, but I just recently picked up the vanilla and don't see myself ever touching the DLC.

Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape are pretty decent, even more so at that price.

Twitter | Last.fm
Burning%20Karma.jpg

Let the water flow with shades of red now

Arrows black out all the light
Death is riding into town with armor

They've come to grant you your rights

#2876 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

The DLC is decent for $5, but the main reason to own the gold version is for PS move support (for PS3). It made the game a hell of a lot more fun for me.

#2877 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Didn't see it mentioned in the last 60+ posts but Epic Mickey Collector's Edition (Wii) has dropped to $9.97.

I'd say it's a universal drop because all three Kmart's I've been into this week had it at that price and it was tagged correctly.

#2878 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

My Kmart value bin has been cleared out. I wonder if they RTVed them or if they are planning to clearance them. There were waaaay too many games missing to think it was bought up.

xivpads.png

#2879 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Didn't see it mentioned in the last 60+ posts but Epic Mickey Collector's Edition (Wii) has dropped to $9.97.

I'd say it's a universal drop because all three Kmart's I've been into this week had it at that price and it was tagged correctly.

Nice, they had a couple of these down the road still so will check in a little.  Now they just need to do that with the Killzone 3 CE.

Trade List

#2880 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Found some good ones at my local KMART.

:360: Rayman Rabids: Alive and Kicking - 4.97 

:ps3: Fight Night Champion - 4.97

:ps3: The Master's, Tiger Woods 12 Golf - 4.97

:360: The Master's, Tiger Woods 12 Golf - 4.97

:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - 4.97

:ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 4.97

:ps3: Fall Out New Vegas - 4.97

:ps3: Resistance 2 - 1.97 (I doubt I will ever open this, but at 1.97?!?! Come on!)

x2 :ps3: Cars 2 - 4.97

:wii: Doods Big Something other draw something with udraw tablet - 1.97

:ds: Jewel Masters Athena something other - 1.97

I was happy to get all of the above for 52.xx.

How can you pass up games under 2 bucks?!?!

They also had bioshock 2, dead rising otr, both at 4.97.

I was very happy with my finds, considering I will definitely play a few of these games (and a couple of these had somewhat decent flipping value RRAaK for 9 bucks at GS)

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3