Photo
- - - - -

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record $17.99 used / $19.99 New Gamestop / Best Buy PS3 and 360

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Yes, I grabbed a copy earlier (GS)

Nice, thanks. I have to go traveling which is near a BB and a GS tomorrow so I will grab a copy. I was waiting for a cheap ass PC version but this is good enough for me because Capcom gets greedy with PC releases and prices.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#32 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

FYI It was $16.19 with PUR before tax

#33 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

I got it from newegg end of last month for 13 bucks

Interesting, and I thought I got a great deal getting the original version for $14.99 from Amazon last holiday season. :/

Now the ultimate question is this: Is it worth buying the "Off The Record" Edition if you own the original? It seems low (even of Capcom) to not include the original character as playable in this version, enticing people to buy both versions.

#34 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Interesting, and I thought I got a great deal getting the original version for $14.99 from Amazon last holiday season. :/

Now the ultimate question is this: Is it worth buying the "Off The Record" Edition if you own the original? It seems low (even of Capcom) to not include the original character as playable in this version, enticing people to buy both versions.

I think your decision to buy this version if you already own DR2 will depend on your desire for the sandbox mode and if you care about the story from Frank's point of view. Also if you like the picture taking from the 1st (personally did not) then this will satisfy that also. Otherwise, I think DR2 is more than enough game for the zombie loving fan.
Posted Image

#35 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Id pick it up at this price

#36 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well, Shaq Fu. I just bought this from Play Asia, paying much more shipping, thinking I got a deal. Now, I'm afraid to cancel it since I got Shadows of the Damned on Deal of the Day and I definitely don't want to pay full price for this. Hrrrrrm.

#37 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

I am still hoping newegg drops the 360 version back to $12.99

#38 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

DR 2 OTR is DR 2 with Frank West and a free roam

plus, there's some sort of 'game breaker' $5 DLC which might be worth looking into.

I think the 'game breaker' DLC allows players to basically use modes or tweaks previously only available to dev and QA staff members. pretty neat concept.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#39 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

plus, there's some sort of 'game breaker' $5 DLC which might be worth looking into.

I think the 'game breaker' DLC allows players to basically use modes or tweaks previously only available to dev and QA staff members. pretty neat concept.

Game breaker used to be called a cheat code.

I like everything except the $5 price tag, but this is Capcom we are talking about.

#40 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

OP, please update the first post to show that Amazon has PMed the Xbox version. Everyone submit the PS3 version. Here's a direct link to that version:

http://www.amazon.co...35452694&sr=1-1

ach.png

#41 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

How quickly does Target update price drops?

#42 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Grabbed a used copy today at gamestop. This was actually one of my best gamestop experiences ever. I walked in, picked up the game, the girl didn't ask me to preorder anything, tell me my PUR is expiring, no nothing. Just rang the game up, carded me (which was kinda funny seeing I am 25), and said thank you.

Now to contemplate starting this game or continue working on Driver SF :-k
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#43 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Grabbed a used copy today at gamestop. This was actually one of my best gamestop experiences ever. I walked in, picked up the game, the girl didn't ask me to preorder anything, tell me my PUR is expiring, no nothing. Just rang the game up, carded me (which was kinda funny seeing I am 25), and said thank you.

Now to contemplate starting this game or continue working on Driver SF :-k

was she hot? :hot:

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#44 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

was she hot? :hot:

She sounds hot :drool:

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#45 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I"m fairly confident this will be a new MSRP real soon???

Why?

Because all version are $19.99 at the Capcom store and those bastards never drop their prices..

The bonus is that they have the uranus zone t-shirt as a free bundled item but the downside is you have to pay rediculous shipping fees and wait forever (1-2) weeks for your items.