The Walking Dead

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#31 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Just played the trial and damn, it was pretty fun. This wasen't on my radar at all but I might just have to pick this up...it being only $5 doesn't hurt either.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#32 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Gotta admit I am still a little ticked off that we got this late on xbl..Definitely hope its not the norm.. its bad enough theres no season pass

1080i is for douchebags

#33 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

I would've got this on Steam earlier this week but they, for some reason, aren't offering them as solo episodes. So, I guess I will snag this on XBLA at some point.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#34 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I just finished my initial playthrough a while ago. It was fantastic. I can't believe there aren't any save states though for multiple runs. Now I'm forced to restrain myself from playing it again for fear I taint the imperfections of my first run. Ugh... it's killing me. Hopefully they remain on track with the schedule because I can't wait for the next episode. I also loved how the preview seemed to track all the major choices you made appropriately e.g.
Spoiler
Clem is also absolutely adorable.

I can already tell this is definitely going to be my highlight game of the year if what's left on my must play list doesn't live up to my expectations. Very impressed by what I've seen thus far.

EDIT: Nevermind there ARE extra save slots. Only two, but sweet! Time to be a complete
"everyone for themselves" dick and then a reasonably paranoid "anything it takes" half decent guy.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#35 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Spoiler

#36 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Spoiler

#37 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Spoiler

#38 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Spoiler

#39 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Spoiler

#40 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Spoiler

#41 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Huge zed fan. Huge Walking Dead fan. Huge achievement whore. Run a zed webpage w/ my sis... but I won't be picking this up on the 360. Way too few cheevo's per msp spent. Huge waste of money if purchasing each episode. I'll either wait for the deal of the week in 3 months for everything 50% off or pass. That's TRUE CAG style.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#42 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Huge zed fan. Huge Walking Dead fan. Huge achievement whore. Run a zed webpage w/ my sis... but I won't be picking this up on the 360. Way too few cheevo's per msp spent. Huge waste of money if purchasing each episode. I'll either wait for the deal of the week in 3 months for everything 50% off or pass. That's TRUE CAG style.

I just don't get this logic. Sure, the graphics aren't mind blowing, but any reasonable gamer is after gameplay. If each episode gives you 2 hours of gameplay, with 5 episodes, at $5 per episode...that's a 10 hour campaign for $25. A lot of $60 games are no longer than that. Yes, it looks like there will only be a total of 500 Gamerscore, but if you really view games as "buying gamerscore", I feel bad for you, man.

I really enjoyed this first episode, and I have to say, as much as I hate companies who nickel and dime DLC (ahem...EA...ahem...Capcom), I actually like this episodic formula when it's done right. As an "almost 30" gamer, I can't sit for 6-8 hour gaming sessions anymore. So, getting a 2 hour niblet for $5 (well, less than that considering what I pay for MS points) is right up my alley. And when all is said and done, if I got 10 hours of entertainment for $25...based on subject matter that I'm highly interested in, I'll be pretty damn happy.

#43 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

This is in the comic universe so I am guessing they use the same type of language as they do in the comic? My 10 year old brother loves the show but I wouldn't let him read the comic for another 2 or 3 years. Can those who played through it comment on the language?
Posted Image

#44 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

I just finished this in one sitting and I enjoyed it. I loved how
Spoiler

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#45 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

This is in the comic universe so I am guessing they use the same type of language as they do in the comic? My 10 year old brother loves the show but I wouldn't let him read the comic for another 2 or 3 years. Can those who played through it comment on the language?

There is some foul language F-bombs and others sprinkled in through the 2 hours. I would be more worried about how intense and intimate the violence is compared to the language.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#46 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

There is some foul language F-bombs and others sprinkled in through the 2 hours. I would be more worried about how intense and intimate the violence is compared to the language.

Exactly. A little cursing here or there is the least of your worries for how graphic the kill scenes are in this game.

#47 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

Huge zed fan. Huge Walking Dead fan.... but I won't be picking this up on the 360.

Boo! You should buy the things you enjoy the most and show your support, especially with it being a mere 400msp. They could have easily started at 800 and released the rest at 400.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#48 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

Exactly. A little cursing here or there is the least of your worries for how graphic the kill scenes are in this game.

Yeah, that was one thing that actually took me a little by surprise.
Spoiler

#49 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

So excited to play this! Gonna wake up early tomorrow to play.

#50 Ziv

Ziv

Jerk Extreme

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I like the story and I like how it takes into account your decisions, but overall, its too slow for me. I guess if it were faster paced, it would only be half an hour. I don't like the "fighting" mechanic. I need more control over my actions.

At least it is a million times better than Jurassic Park.

#51 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

It is based on the comic (which is a very good thing) and their is some harsh language but it's not as frequent as it could've been.

I beat it last night and I really enjoyed it. You get a lot of bang for your buck. I can't wait for episode 2.

Spoiler

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#52 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, that was one thing that actually took me a little by surprise.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#53 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Coming from someone who lets their 5 year old watch just about any PG-13 movie sight unseen (because really, what's not PG-13 anymore? Even Real Steel got it) I can definitely say wait until you feel he's mature enough to read the comic before letting him play the game. But that shouldn't stop you from playing it! :)

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#54 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

First part was nuts! So glad they did a good job with this as it is one of my favorite overall franchises! Gonna play through the last two chapters again though because I
Spoiler

As far as the preview of the next episode goes I can't wait to make different choices to see if it drastically changes the outcome!

#55 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Loved the first episode, can't wait for the next installments.

Tempted to do another playthrough with different decisions.

#56 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

So I bought this on my brothers console, then redownloaded it onto mine so we both could play. Now I'm running into the problem of my game not being able to be saved. I made it to chapter 5 of episode 1, wasn't quick or accurate enough with a screwdriver and got chomped on. The game took me out to the main menu, and to my horror, I saw no save file. I restarted, played till about chapter 3 or so, then tested out exiting to the menu. Still no save file. What a shitty game ruining bug. Looks like I'm gonna have to take my brothers whole xbox to play this myself now. I'd do it in one sitting, but there's no save to carry into episode 2 this way. Just awful.

#57 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

So I bought this on my brothers console, then redownloaded it onto mine so we both could play. Now I'm running into the problem of my game not being able to be saved. I made it to chapter 5 of episode 1, wasn't quick or accurate enough with a screwdriver and got chomped on. The game took me out to the main menu, and to my horror, I saw no save file. I restarted, played till about chapter 3 or so, then tested out exiting to the menu. Still no save file. What a shitty game ruining bug. Looks like I'm gonna have to take my brothers whole xbox to play this myself now. I'd do it in one sitting, but there's no save to carry into episode 2 this way. Just awful.

A "shitty game ruining bug" that doesn't allow you to rip them off by gamesharing, lol. Riiiight.

#58 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

I'm surprised that this was allowed to be released with the darkness problem that makes it's hard to see much of anything, which is a shame with all of the great art that it offers.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#59 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

A "shitty game ruining bug" that doesn't allow you to rip them off by gamesharing, lol. Riiiight.

If it weren't a bug, then why does it allow you to play out the whole entire game? I beat the thing as it is. Saves are just broken, that's what I'm pointing out.

LOL, and I know I probably came off whiny quite a bit, but I've gotten accustomed to this method for 6+ years already. It's just crappy that I grew up borrowing friends/family members copies of games my whole life, and now the industry doesn't believe in it anymore. Digital content blows in this regard.

#60 Nealocus123

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

I'm surprised that this was allowed to be released with the darkness problem that makes it's hard to see much of anything, which is a shame with all of the great art that it offers.

Yea, I was a little disappointed in the
Spoiler
because when looking at the photos on the wall I couldn't see any of the photos...