The Walking Dead

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#121 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

You've just made my day 8-Bit. Thanks man.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#122 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

episode 3 is coming out tomorrow (the 29th) for you guys.

Quality news!

My distribution choice:
Spoiler

Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#123 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Downloading Episode 3 right now, can't wait to play this shit after I get home from work.

#124 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

This is my XBLA Game of Forever. It's completely unf*ckwitable. Flawless.

The Best:
Spoiler

The Good:
Spoiler

The Bad:
Spoiler

The Ugly:
Spoiler

The Horrendous:
Spoiler

#125 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Downloaded Episode 3 this afternoon. Will be up playing it tonight when I get out of work.

Episode 2 was pretty badass.
Currently playing:

#126 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Downloaded Episode 3 this morning, but didn't have time to play it. Can't wait to play it tomorrow morning after I get home from work.
Posted Image

#127 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Wow . . . that was one of the most gut wrenching moments in video game history for me to date. I'm still upset. I'm not going to give any spoilers . . . but Fuck . . .

:( :( :( :( :( :(
Posted Image

#128 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

Wow . . . that was one of the most gut wrenching moments in video game history for me to date. I'm still upset. I'm not going to give any spoilers . . . but Fuck . . .

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Which part?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#129 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

Is the game performance terrible for anyone else? The framerate is just awful at some points.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#130 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

Holeeee shit. That was so brutal, so punishing, that I'm honestly not sure whether I want to put myself through any more of it. I mean, I know that means the game did its job and I commend the writers. I just don't know. I'm still upset about it.

Spoiler

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#131 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

Is the game performance terrible for anyone else? The framerate is just awful at some points.

Episodes 1 and 2 had a few hiccups here and there, but episode 3 was just ridden with bugs from start to finish. Massive framerate drops at times and at two points, the game completely froze and I had to quit and restart it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#132 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

Episodes 1 and 2 had a few hiccups here and there, but episode 3 was just ridden with bugs from start to finish. Massive framerate drops at times and at two points, the game completely froze and I had to quit and restart it.

For me at least, the framerate problems were much worse in Episode 2 than 1 or 3. Episode 2 just sputtered and lagged the entire time for me. Episode 3 was a big improvement. Seems like it's pretty YMMV though.

The only glitch I ran into in 3 was when I first started playing, it loaded Episode 1 instead of Episode 3, which I had selected. I was terrified that my save had been erased or something! But I just quit out and it worked fine on the second try.

#133 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Besides Silent Hill 2 and Red Dead Redemption.....there hasn't been any games that get me so emotionally attached. Episode 3 was rough from start to finish.
Currently playing:

#134 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

Just finished playing it in one sitting.

Spoiler

#135 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Beat this last night. Damn I love this game. It's 100x better than the TV show. Episode 4 couldn't come out sooner. I ended up
Spoiler

Nier was the last game that got me emotionaly attached to the charcters. I remember being very skeptical when I heard Telltale was handleing this. I'll never doubt you again.

#136 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

Yep. Unfortunately...
Spoiler

#137 Quail-Man3000

Quail-Man3000

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

For those who completed the 3 episodes so far, have you replayed any of the episodes (with different decisions) or are you gonna wait until all are released?

#138 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

I thought
Spoiler

#139 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

For those who completed the 3 episodes so far, have you replayed any of the episodes (with different decisions) or are you gonna wait until all are released?

No, I'm playing it all the way through and committing to my decisions and outcomes. Although I did go online after finishing Episode 3 to see if it was possible to
Spoiler

#140 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Episode 3 question:
Spoiler

Posted Image

#141 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

I am playing first on 360, and I have started episode 1 on PS3 since ep 1&2 are free for PSN+. I will probably get the rest of the episodes eventually for PS3.

Spoiler

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#142 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Spoiler

#143 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

man episode 3 was awesome

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#144 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

Episode 3 question:

Spoiler

yea i was a little shocked when i first saw this... didnt notice it much in ep2

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#145 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Holy hell this game is awesome!!!! I want more lol. I rarely play games a 2nd time but knowing what I did on the 360 version I will download it on PS Plus for free and play the first 2 episodes again. I am sure I screwed up in a few spots and cause peoples lives but my Lee version 2 is going to be an asshole to all who I feel deserve it!
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]

#146 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

sadly, your choices really dont matter. no matter how you play (nice, asshole, neutral) the same people will die no matter what. kinda lame in that respect.

EightBitArtist.png

#147 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

sadly, your choices really dont matter. no matter how you play (nice, asshole, neutral) the same people will die no matter what. kinda lame in that respect.

There is usually a choice between people in some instances. Also, we don't know how any of this might effect the end of the story.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

181104.pngblade3d.png

#148 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

damn i want to play ep 3 so bad but unfortunately i bought it on PC which means the game crashes on the opening screen so i dont even get a chance to download ep 3 or even play any episodes. telltale support is non exsistant so im just hoping one of the many people on the official fourms with the same problem will eventually find a fix for this.

the same thing happened to me when it was time for ep2 but i dont remember how i got past it and i feel for most of the people whos save files get lost.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#149 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

There is usually a choice between people in some instances. Also, we don't know how any of this might effect the end of the story.

no thats what im talking about though. for instance in episode 1
Spoiler

point being if you choose to not kill someone, another character in the game will or if a character dies, theres basically nothing you could have done to save that character.

i get why telltale is doing this. having the story branch out too much would be a ton of work and they cant even get these out on time like they said they would the way it is (thinking episode 4 will come out in sept and 5 in october is a damn long shot). so in order to keep the story simpler for them, they are just going to completely cut off branches of the story no matter what.

EightBitArtist.png

#150 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Well, it's the same idea as the Mass Effect series; it's less about actually branching the story based on your choices and more about making you feel like the story is branching based on your choices. Of course the illusion gets shattered a little bit when you replay and find out that what seemed to be the dramatic consequences of your individual choice also happened to everyone else. But the first time through, before you've taken a look behind the curtain, is quite a ride.