Adam Sessler quits G4

spmahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...odbye-to-g4-hosts-his-last-episode-of-x-play/

No big shock here, he's been vocal about his issues with the network for a long time. The network has been teetering on insolvency for years, and Comcast has been trying to dump it for a while now, so maybe that has something to do with it. I personally stopped watching years ago after I felt that Adam was the only personality on the channel with any real interest or passion for what he was talking about, but even he's been phoning it in for a long time.

[quote name='crystalklear64']just reminds me of how we don't have a channel like techtv/old g4.[/QUOTE]

There just weren't enough viewers to support the format, and other shows were more profitable. Remember the TV Land and GSN showed classic sitcoms and game shows instead of bad Reality TV and Dancing with the Stars reruns? Blame the internet and network decay.

i always figured he was just collecting a check mind you i like some of the stuff theyve added but shit that network hasnt been about much of anything since way back when. first it was about tech stuff/pcs then they went into gaming then it became a cheesy "mans"network now i dont know wtf it is but that was the last show on gaming they had left.

im sure itll continue since they have morgan and blair but they should just end it already and do something else. there so damn slow on news its kinda pointless outside of the reviews. i always felt theyd have been better off with a general discussion/debate type show with viewer all ins.

I think all the women on the network have been exposed as being phony for a long time now. Olivia Munn was the worst, she didn't even pretend to care about gaming or any of the nerd stuff they had her talk about, but even Morgan Webb and Blair have become totally disingenuous over the last few years.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Who was that hot check that used to do the feed when Munn was on AotS?[/QUOTE]
the british chick? laylah keyleigh I think is how you spell her name

[quote name='GUNNM']the british chick? laylah keyleigh I think is how you spell her name[/QUOTE]

Yes she was so stinking hot and the other girl is too. But laylah wow!

I'm personally glad Adam Sessler left the company. Not that I have watched G4, in fact I have rarely tuned in (if ever) since the Tech TV - G4 merger. I was a Tech TV addict, always having it on. Unfortunately, the TV biz is a ratings biz and understandably the merger needed to happen.

When the show converted from Extended Play to X-Play, at first I was fine with the new format. Bringing on Morgan Webb as a co-host (at first) was a fine addition. That is until G4 took over and decided to turn Webb into strictly eye candy.

Hopefully Sessler goes the road of the Tech TV alumn behind him, like Kevin Rose, Leo LaPorte and Patrick Norton. All went on to bigger and better things. Sessler + Revision3 would be a great combo.

Oh darn. Now who will I not be watching on G4 now...?

Meh, it doesnt really matter to me IMHO. I never watch G4...and Adam Sessler always annoyed me with his hyperactive geekyness.

I miss TechTV and to a lesser extent G4TechTV. I'm glad Adam is leaving, he was the only reason I would ever pay attention in the last couple of years anyways.

Yeah I tuned out of G4 after the death of G4TV.com, The Screen Savers, The Electric Playground, ad Judgement Day. Even Cinematech was kinda cool and better than what they put out nowadays.

Really sad but another reason why cable is not needed in the age of internet streaming.

Sessler (and X play) was probably the last thing gaming related on the network.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Yes she was so stinking hot and the other girl is too. But laylah wow![/QUOTE]

Layla Kayleigh. The real one used to be my FB friend, but she deactivated her account. She was smokin' hot though...ridiculously hot. And her British accent made it even better.

295723_190527094357504_100002006449116_438567_543352535_n.jpg

G4 really started to go downhill in 2009, I think. I was sad to see Layla and Olivia leave. Candice is great, but she isn't as ridiculous as Olivia. I wouldn't be surprised if the network is cancelled in a year. =\

[quote name='antlp89']Yeah I tuned out of G4 after the death of G4TV.com, The Screen Savers, The Electric Playground, ad Judgement Day. Even Cinematech was kinda cool and better than what they put out nowadays.

Really sad but another reason why cable is not needed in the age of internet streaming.

Sessler (and X play) was probably the last thing gaming related on the network.[/QUOTE]
was cinematech that show just showed video game trailers? That was cool

[quote name='GUNNM']What happened to G4 all they show now is Robocop and ninja warrior replays.[/QUOTE]

Any gamer hardcore enough to watch an entire station about video games is going to be playing video games on his TV, not watching people talk about video games.

It really seems like a bad idea at its core to me.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Any gamer hardcore enough to watch an entire station about video games is going to be playing video games on his TV, not watching people talk about video games.

It really seems like a bad idea at its core to me.[/QUOTE]

The really hardcore gamer has two HDTVs side by side. He still hasn't forgotten that Sony promised dual screen support on the PS3. So he can game and watch G4 simultaneously. Plus, if he crosses his eyes just right it's almost free 3D!

I remember Sessler being alright at first then he suddenly turned to a d-bag. I think it was when Webb joined his show. I hope his d-bag routine was just an act because I liked the guy.

G4TechTV was great. It's just a shame that after the merger they got rid of Portal. From there it was all downhill.

Anybody know if they ever released portal on DVD?

[quote name='Broken Cage']Any gamer hardcore enough to watch an entire station about video games is going to be playing video games on his TV, not watching people talk about video games.

I can do both on the same TV...

[quote name='Necrozilla']Their E3 coverage is going to suck now.[/QUOTE]

Like it was very good to begin with. :D

I can't say I really care. DirecTV dropped G4 a while ago. I never felt very attached to any of their shows or personalities. I wish him the best though.

[quote name='antlp89']Yeah I tuned out of G4 after the death of G4TV.com, The Screen Savers, The Electric Playground, ad Judgement Day. Even Cinematech was kinda cool and better than what they put out nowadays.

Sessler (and X play) was probably the last thing gaming related on the network.[/QUOTE]

I really miss Cinematech (and Icons too). Showing reruns of shows to be super cheap instead of quality programming relevant to your channel name tarnished G4 and so many other channels I no longer watch (I still remember long ago when TLC was, you know, THE LEARNING CHANNEL and not shitty-reality-programming-only-channel).

My feelings exactly.

that show the did on the history of videogames and developers was the sht and i never understood why someone didnt pick that up.

It had some interesting episodes but it's for such an ultra niche audience no network would go near it. Extremely low viewership means virtually no ad sales and thus no profit.

fuck it, the only thing I actually miss is original "year 1" G4 that had next to no sponsors, hence very few ads (although Pringles was all over it before long). That channel was surreal. The "ads" would wind up being random clips of shit like Night Driver for the 2600. Half the shows looked like they had cable access-level budget available; the show with the guy who went down a hatch to his secret underground lair to talk about MMORPGs (before WoW even existed) was especially shoddy looking. Then every few hours they'd randomly throw in a random episode of that Starcade game show from the early 80's. One episode I saw featured the grand prize of a motherfucking ROBOT. But usually it was just shit like remote control cars or metal detectors.

But yeah, Icons was by far the best show that came out of those early months and years. Shame a DVD set of that never came out. It would fit in fine on a channel like Spike nowadays.

That was about the time I stopped watching. I miss the pure TechTV of old, and after the merger I held on for longer than I thought I would but G4's demise is inevitable. Adam is wise to depart.

I must be one of the few who actually watches/likes Attack of the Show. If I were on that show however, I'd be polishing up the old resume...

[quote name='mtxbass1']I must be one of the few who actually watches/likes Attack of the Show. If I were on that show however, I'd be polishing up the old resume...[/QUOTE]

I do too! It's the only show left that I do watch other than Ninja Warrior. Personally I'm glad they got rid of Olivia Munn because she seemed like a total b**ch that didn't care about our culture at all. Candace Bailey is a good replacement.

I remember the good ol' days when I watched G4 and TechTV nonstop. Then they merged and it was still good, with my fav shows like Icons, Cinematech, Anime Unleashed, Filter (before they got that dumb blonde to host it instead of the HOTNESS Diane Mizota), and before X-Play got infected by the virus that is Morgan ManJaw. But those days are gone and what we have left are fleeting good moments with AOTS, Ninja Warrior, but also incessant repeats of "movies that don't suck" (Tekken and Robocop 3 don't suck, right?), and a bunch of crappy reality shows. Cheaters? really? Come the fuck on.

Well, good luck to the Sess, he was the last real person on the network to talk about games. With him leaving, they might as well just call the network what we all know it is now, SpikeTV Lite.

And I'm surprised we are talking about the hot girls of G4 and no one has mentioned Alison Haislip yet... :D:D:D

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I do too! It's the only show left that I do watch other than Ninja Warrior. Personally I'm glad they got rid of Olivia Munn because she seemed like a total b**ch that didn't care about our culture at all. Candace Bailey is a good replacement.

I remember the good ol' days when I watched G4 and TechTV nonstop. Then they merged and it was still good, with my fav shows like Icons, Cinematech, Anime Unleashed, Filter (before they got that dumb blonde to host it instead of the HOTNESS Diane Mizota), and before X-Play got infected by the virus that is Morgan ManJaw. But those days are gone and what we have left are fleeting good moments with AOTS, Ninja Warrior, but also incessant repeats of "movies that don't suck" (Tekken and Robocop 3 don't suck, right?), and a bunch of crappy reality shows. Cheaters? really? Come the fuck on.

Well, good luck to the Sess, he was the last real person on the network to talk about games. With him leaving, they might as well just call the network what we all know it is now, SpikeTV Lite.

And I'm surprised we are talking about the hot girls of G4 and no one has mentioned Alison Haislip yet... :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

That's who should have replaced Munn IMO and when she didn't get it I pretty much stopped caring about AOTS.

I'll still listen to the Feedback podcast since Blair is OK, and Jessica/Nikole are cool chicks. I wonder if Matt Kyle is leaving soon also, since he hasn't been on Feedback in months, and he was a regular when I watched (which started when Patrick Klepek broke the IW/Act. story) and every episode of Feedback was Patrick, Matt, Abbie Heppe, and Sessler.

[quote name='GUNNM']Sessler won't be commentating at evo this year? :([/QUOTE]

Oh, god, keep him far away from Evo. Far, far away.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the sign that G4 is coming to an end. The ratings have been so low for years, which is why Direct tv dropped the channel a year or so ago. Their only two regular company produced shows have been taking breaks more often than they used to(at least now, they'll tell when it's an old episode).

Seems like ever since Comcast bought NBC Universal, they haven't cared about the channel. Comcast now seems more focused on stuff like NBC, USA & Syfy than one of their old channels that's now airing old movies & tv shows most of the time.

It wouldn't shock me if Comcast pulls the plug on the channel by the end of the year.

I actually like Sessler though he's not the most popular guy. No, he's not the best gaming journalists but he's one of the few gaming journalists who actually seems to enjoy gaming.

I think Webb has been making him look bad since they started working together. She's just awful at the whole gaming journalism thing. Hopefully he finds work that better suits him.

bread's done
Back