screw best buy

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
I had a printer that stopped working and was told ... its still under the 1 year warranty. but i didnt have the packaging slip so i had to drive all the way back across town and get the packaging label i get back to best buy and now go

WE DONT SHIP THESE OUT and all they offered me was take 25 bucks (what i paid for it) or nothing

stay the fuck away from best buy

[quote name='masked lemon']Yes. How dare they offer you your money back...

What exactly were you expecting them to do?[/QUOTE]

Haha.

Those bastards trying to give you your money back for a defective item. They should give you partial ownership of the store or perhaps a new Dodge Challenger to drive around in. You should definitely report them to BBB for this atrocity!!

[quote name='musha666']Haha.

Those bastards trying to give you your money back for a defective item. They should give you partial ownership of the store or perhaps a new Dodge Challenger to drive around in. You should definitely report them to BBB for this atrocity!![/QUOTE]

o beilve me i already have file a report with the BBB

point is

I go in tuesday and WAS TOLD TO RETURN THURSDAY WITH THE PACKING LIST AND THEY WILL SEND IT IN TO GET FIXXED

so i drive all the way back home. drive all the way back to the store for a big SCREW YOU we are not going to send it in

instead they are now saying THEY WILL NOT SEND IT IN heres your 25 bucks and go fuck you

I find it funny how they now go O We wont send it out to be fixxed

HERES 25 BUCKS now go over there and REBUY THE ITEM FOR 100 BUCKS and YOU OWE US 75 MORE CASH

That is like buying an car for 20k Car breaks down and the dealer goes O we wont fix the car but we WILL Give your 25k back and you can REBUY THE CAR FOR 200K

and damn right im pissed cause the fuckers fucked me over in the store for over an hour just lying and lying and lying

[quote name='Mixer236']Everyone, grab your pitchforks, torches, and/or pepper spray and follow me!

DOWN WITH BEST BUY!!![/QUOTE]

you forgot the glitter :) now im starting to clam down but they just pissed me off so fucking much if they did have a magizine rack i would of kicked it over

an hour in the store just to be lied to right to your face by the workers and what pisses me off the most they just sit there and lie to you with big fucking smile on their faces

[quote name='mixer236']everyone, grab your pitchforks, torches, and/or pepper spray and follow me!

Down with best buy!!![/quote]

....glitter......

I think you're doing it wrong. If how you speak is similar to how you type they most likely misunderstood you.

Your options should have been refund (which they offered) or replacement. If they don't have the same model they would get you a similar model in the same price range. If you originally paid $25 bucks you're not going to get much

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You are seriously bitching about a $25 printer breaking down? And them actually offering you a full refund for it?

Then again it is slidecage.[/QUOTE]

no im bitching at i was told tuesday to return Thursday with the printer and they would ship it off to get FIXXED

Meaning i would have a working printer

yes they did say replacement and told me to sit down till they get the manager to do it...

AS soon as they saw the NOV 28 price point here comes their big fucking smile and goes

we are not going to repair it or replace it.. take your 25 bucks or nothing ..

so right their they lied twice about the whole thing

the printer was a 89.99 printer they had going for 25 bucks for the 3 day sale so its not a PURE 25 buck printer its a 3 in one printer that cost 89.99 (well cost 89.99 now its over 100 )

[quote name='slidecage']no im bitching at i was told tuesday to return Thursday with the printer and they would ship it off to get FIXXED

yes they did say replacement and told me to sit down till they get the manager to do it...

AS soon as they saw the NOV 28 price point here comes their big fucking smile and goes

the printer was a 89.99 printer they had going for 25 bucks for the 3 day sale so its not a PURE 25 buck printer its a 3 in one printer that cost 89.99 (well cost 89.99 now its over 100 )[/QUOTE]

I hate BestBuy but it is hard for anyone here to side with you.
You're way pass the return period and opted out of BestBuy optional extended (aka a scam, except w the first gen xbox 360).
You need to deal with the manufacturer on your own.
BestBuy doesn't even have to give you a $25 GC for it.

Let's hope the manufacturer will handle this rma quickly/properly.
Good Luck

[quote name='dohdough']I can't be the only one here that loves slidecage threads!![/QUOTE]

we all do .. :)

im clam down a lot since this happened it just pissed me off so freaking much when it happened.

i cant stand people who can just stand there and lie right to your face they are going to do one thing and then turn around and do something else

WCB best buy is a HP rep or something they said they can handle HP 1 year warr. right on the spot tuesday when i went in.. And today they said the same thing Point is the refused to honor it since i got the item (at 90+ buck item for 25) they even said if i paid 90 for it they would of swapped it out for another 90 buck item.. Returned the item to HP and got their cash back from them

[quote name='slidecage']we all do .. :)

im clam down a lot since this happened it just pissed me off so freaking much when it happened.
[/QUOTE]

Im glad you managed to "clam" down a lot.

OP must have tourette syndrome...

So you expected them to give you more money than you paid for the item?

This must be a troll thread or something, nobody is really this stupid.

[quote name='slidecage']you forgot the glitter :) now im starting to clam down but they just pissed me off so fucking much if they did have a magizine rack i would of kicked it over

an hour in the store just to be lied to right to your face by the workers and what pisses me off the most they just sit there and lie to you with big fucking smile on their faces[/QUOTE]

Haha, how could I forget the glitter? :lol:

someone doesn't understand sarcasm, huh?

I had heard references in other threads about this slidecage character not to be taken seriously. Now I fully understand.

[quote name='masked lemon']So you expected them to give you more money than you paid for the item?

This must be a troll thread or something, nobody is really this stupid.[/QUOTE]

I take it you haven't been in many slidecage threads?

[quote name='slidecage']I had a printer that stopped working and was told ... its still under the 1 year warranty. but i didnt have the packaging slip so i had to drive all the way back across town and get the packaging label i get back to best buy and now go

WE DONT SHIP THESE OUT and all they offered me was take 25 bucks (what i paid for it) or nothing

stay the fuck away from best buy[/QUOTE]

You know, if you have hardware issues and is under a year warranty, you should take it up the product's manufacturer. If you have a HP printer, call HP, they will help you, likely send you a new printer. All Best Buy can do is, see if they don't have a printer in stock, they gave your money back. They already did their deed, like 30 days return policy and its way past that. Even offer extended warranty (Black Tie) etc when you buy the product. If you got the extended warranty then they should find something comparable in value.

If you brought it for 25.. then your printer craps on later, then Best Buy is giving you 25 dollars.. that means you are not at a loss, you got your money back already. I don't see why you're griping (except what you were told, wasted gas, and didn't happen). But if they don't have it in hand, whose fault is that. 30 days is up, they don't have to honor it. They could have told you, up yours and that you will be stuck with a defective unit. At least they gave your money back. There were times I wish a store will do that.

Besides there's always cheap printers to buy that will do the same thing, they pretty much do!

I want to make sure I understand the scenario first:

On November 28, 2011, you purchased a printer with retail value of $89.99 for $25. Tuesday, April 24, 2012, you brought the printer in for repairs or a replacement as it was under warrenty. Today, April 26, 2012, you found out that Best Buy would not ship the item and thus you could get a refund of what you paid, or nothing.

Did you buy a service agreement/protection plan/etc? Or was this the manufacturer's warrenty? 5 months is well outside the typical return period for an electronics store, and I believe more than Best Buy's return period (I could be wrong on this though).

If you bought a protection plan of some sort, then Best Buy may be responsible for the full price of the item and not the price you paid. If this is the case, then you should have been able to get a replacement. If Best Buy offers a price protection plan similar to Sears and other retailers, then only the price you paid is covered after the return period. Thus, $25 is all you would get.

If the warranty in question is a manufacturer's warranty, then why did you settle for the $25 from Best Buy? If it is a manufacturer's warranty, then you could have shipped the item yourself for a replacement/repair.

Anyways, I know you are pissed because you were told something on Tuesday and then Thursday found out something less satisfying, and that you were inconvenienced by having to drive across town twice, but this does not sound like Best Buy did such a great disservice to you. At best, it sounds like ignorance, or an unsympathetic employee/manager, resulted in your frustration. At worst, it sounds like you had a price protection plan, or you settled for Best Buy's customer service in dealing with a manufacturer's warranty outside of the return time-frame.

[quote name='Kreutz']I want to make sure I understand the scenario first:

On November 28, 2011, you purchased a printer with retail value of $89.99 for $25. Tuesday, April 24, 2012, you brought the printer in for repairs or a replacement as it was under warrenty. Today, April 26, 2012, you found out that Best Buy would not ship the item and thus you could get a refund of what you paid, or nothing.

Did you buy a service agreement/protection plan/etc? Or was this the manufacturer's warrenty? 5 months is well outside the typical return period for an electronics store, and I believe more than Best Buy's return period (I could be wrong on this though).

If you bought a protection plan of some sort, then Best Buy may be responsible for the full price of the item and not the price you paid. If this is the case, then you should have been able to get a replacement. If Best Buy offers a price protection plan similar to Sears and other retailers, then only the price you paid is covered after the return period. Thus, $25 is all you would get.

If the warranty in question is a manufacturer's warranty, then why did you settle for the $25 from Best Buy? If it is a manufacturer's warranty, then you could have shipped the item yourself for a replacement/repair.

Anyways, I know you are pissed because you were told something on Tuesday and then Thursday found out something less satisfying, and that you were inconvenienced by having to drive across town twice, but this does not sound like Best Buy did such a great disservice to you. At best, it sounds like ignorance, or an unsympathetic employee/manager, resulted in your frustration. At worst, it sounds like you had a price protection plan, or you settled for Best Buy's customer service in dealing with a manufacturer's warranty outside of the return time-frame.[/QUOTE]

unless all of the workers are just plain stupid and dont know what they are talking about but they are telling me Best buy is a HP HUB meaning they can and will honor HP warranty

so instead of returning it to HP you can return it to best buy for that year was also told this again today

If they have an HP that shows up occasionally, they might sell that "service" to customers, but it's really something the HP rep would handle on their own and they'd probably tell you to contact HP customer service.

[quote name='slidecage']o beilve me i already have file a report with the BBB

point is

I go in tuesday and WAS TOLD TO RETURN THURSDAY WITH THE PACKING LIST AND THEY WILL SEND IT IN TO GET FIXXED

so i drive all the way back home. drive all the way back to the store for a big SCREW YOU we are not going to send it in

instead they are now saying THEY WILL NOT SEND IT IN heres your 25 bucks and go fuck you

HERES 25 BUCKS now go over there and REBUY THE ITEM FOR 100 BUCKS and YOU OWE US 75 MORE CASH

That is like buying an car for 20k Car breaks down and the dealer goes O we wont fix the car but we WILL Give your 25k back and you can REBUY THE CAR FOR 200K

and damn right im pissed cause the fuckers fucked me over in the store for over an hour just lying and lying and lying[/QUOTE]
You brought a 5 month old printer to Best Buy and expect them to pay to ship it to the manufacture to get it fixed lol... I'm surprised they gave you $25, what retailer does a 5 month refund?

I imagine slidecage now as the internet version of a Bobcat Goldthwait character. It makes his posts much more amusing to read.

[quote name='georox']Still surprised OP isn't banned.[/QUOTE]

slidecage is a CAG institution. If any other mod banned him, I'd undo it ;).

[quote name='dohdough']I can't be the only one here that loves slidecage threads!![/QUOTE]

fuck no...I feel like a kid on xmas morning everytime I see a new topic started by slidecage.

[quote name='tcrash247']slidecage strikes again![/QUOTE]

973622_o.gif

point is

and damn right im pissed cause the fuckers fucked me over in the store for over an hour just lying and lying and lying[/QUOTE]

If I buy a car for 20k and it breaks down and I get offered 25k, I would take that in a heartbeat and go buy a different car

In an attempt to make this thread useful, here's a quick story detailing why you should NEVER let BBY attempt to repair something and ALWAYS take the cash value for it.

I bought a very nice pair of floorstanding speakers. Less than a month later, one of the fuses had blown and a replacement I went out to get myself wasn't working, so I figured it was a short in the wires. I take it in to returns, spend an hour going through paperwork, and they tell me they will call me when they get it fixed.

5 WEEKS later (longer than I had owned them in the first place), I was getting the runaround and ended up calling Corporate to inform them of this ridiculousness. They issued me a full refund plus a little bit of credit to keep me sane.

tl;dr If Best Buy offers you a full cash refund or an option to repair/refurb, TAKE THE MONEY.

[quote name='io']slidecage is a CAG institution. If any other mod banned him, I'd undo it ;).[/QUOTE]I guess we should put that to the test? :lol:

Going back to the OP's rant, the printer has a warranty on it, and Best Buy's responsibility to do anything is only within the return period or if there's a Best Buy extended warranty on it, within the timeframe of the return policy.

Since the printer is still within the warranty terms from the manufacturer and outside the return period, Best Buy doesn't have to do anything.

Call the manufacturer of the printer, work with their tech support and if they determine it's not an issue between the keyboard and the seat, they'll work to get you a replacement printer. You'll have to ship it to them for replacement, either at the manufacturer's cost or at your cost. You can also take it to Best Buy and they'll facilitate that repair for you as well.

Best Buy has no responsibility to give you your money back. If they do, they're only doing it because you bitched up a storm over nothing that was their responsibility to deal with or resolve.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess we should put that to the test? :lol:

Going back to the OP's rant, the printer has a warranty on it, and Best Buy's responsibility to do anything is only within the return period or if there's a Best Buy extended warranty on it, within the timeframe of the return policy.

Since the printer is still within the warranty terms from the manufacturer and outside the return period, Best Buy doesn't have to do anything.

Call the manufacturer of the printer, work with their tech support and if they determine it's not an issue between the keyboard and the seat, they'll work to get you a replacement printer. You'll have to ship it to them for replacement, either at the manufacturer's cost or at your cost. You can also take it to Best Buy and they'll facilitate that repair for you as well.

Best Buy has no responsibility to give you your money back. If they do, they're only doing it because you bitched up a storm over nothing that was their responsibility to deal with or resolve.[/QUOTE]

that is the point i was trying to make

You can also take it to Best Buy and they'll facilitate that repair for you as well.

They will not honor it after saying they would that is the simple point that im trying to make. They refused to send it out to get repaired even after telling me to bring it in and they would

[quote name='slidecage']that is the point i was trying to make

You can also take it to Best Buy and they'll facilitate that repair for you as well.

They will not honor it after saying they would that is the simple point that im trying to make. They refused to send it out to get repaired even after telling me to bring it in and they would[/QUOTE]

you wanted them to send it to HP and they don't do that. So they gave you your full money back on a printer that's out of their return policy. How dare they!

[quote name='slidecage']that is the point i was trying to make

They will not honor it after saying they would that is the simple point that im trying to make. They refused to send it out to get repaired even after telling me to bring it in and they would[/QUOTE]Don't take this the wrong way, though how the hell could I figure that out from the fifty different places you were going with the rant in the OP?

You went from this:
[quote name='slidecage']I had a printer that stopped working and was told ... its still under the 1 year warranty. but i didnt have the packaging slip so i had to drive all the way back across town and get the packaging label i get back to best buy and now go

stay the fuck away from best buy[/QUOTE]

To this:

point is

And then this:
[quote name='slidecage']you forgot the glitter :) now im starting to clam down but they just pissed me off so fucking much if they did have a magizine rack i would of kicked it over

an hour in the store just to be lied to right to your face by the workers and what pisses me off the most they just sit there and lie to you with big fucking smile on their faces[/QUOTE]

Later to this:
[quote name='slidecage']no im bitching at i was told tuesday to return Thursday with the printer and they would ship it off to get FIXXED

the printer was a 89.99 printer they had going for 25 bucks for the 3 day sale so its not a PURE 25 buck printer its a 3 in one printer that cost 89.99 (well cost 89.99 now its over 100 )[/QUOTE]

And finally to this:
[quote name='slidecage']we all do .. :)

i cant stand people who can just stand there and lie right to your face they are going to do one thing and then turn around and do something else

WCB best buy is a HP rep or something they said they can handle HP 1 year warr. right on the spot tuesday when i went in.. And today they said the same thing Point is the refused to honor it since i got the item (at 90+ buck item for 25) they even said if i paid 90 for it they would of swapped it out for another 90 buck item.. Returned the item to HP and got their cash back from them[/QUOTE]

With this little postscript:
[quote name='slidecage']unless all of the workers are just plain stupid and dont know what they are talking about but they are telling me Best buy is a HP HUB meaning they can and will honor HP warranty

so instead of returning it to HP you can return it to best buy for that year was also told this again today[/QUOTE]

Could have just checked the manual where it gave you the warranty terms and contact information for HP, plus the same info on the website.

Much less stress and much less yelling, even if there are BB employees that don't know how the process works. In that case, I would have been complaining to the manager about the lack of knowledge his employees have.

[quote name='slidecage']
so instead of returning it to HP you can return it to best buy for that year was also told this again today[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you are still going in to BB to argue with them about this.

bread's done
Back