Free Amazon $3 Video on Demand Credit (Twitter required)

Yep. I just saw this on my Twitter feed ...

"Get your $3 credit from @amazonvideo and @playstation.Click on http://$$$$$$$$/H1kBgk to get yours and try Amazon Instant Video on your PS3."

I'm an Xbox guy myself but thanks for the $3!! :razz:

The credit expires May 31, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. PST so make sure you do use it before then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP!

[quote name='Burning Karma']The credit expires May 31, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PST so make sure you do use it before then![/QUOTE]

I was just going to ask this as I didn't pay attention to the redemption page. Thanks! (I'm sure you meant 2012)

[quote name='eLefAdEr']
I was just going to ask this as I didn't pay attention to the redemption page. Thanks! (I'm sure you meant 2012)[/QUOTE]
Err, whoops! I copied it right off their page so it's Amazon's fault! :lol: I'll fix it.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Thanks OP!

I was just going to ask this as I didn't pay attention to the redemption page. Thanks! (I'm sure you meant 2012)[/QUOTE]

It shows the expiration date as May 31,2011 on Amazon's page. Has anyone used it yet to see if it works?

[quote name='jedijeff']It shows the expiration date as May 31,2011 on Amazon's page. Has anyone used it yet to see if it works?[/QUOTE]

Used it and works fine.

So for a whopping $3 I need to authorize Amazon to use my twitter account to:

This application will be able to:

Read Tweets from your timeline.
See who you follow, and follow new people.
Update your profile.
Post Tweets for you.

...seems kind of weak. Amazon wants to read my tweets, see who I follow and make me follow whoever they want, update my profile (with what exactly?), and on top of that post tweets on my behalf. Wow, they dont want much do they. I might as well just give them my account and be done with it.

Maybe I should just make a dummy fake account so Amazon can rape that one instead of my personal one...?

You make Amazon sound like a criminal organization. The only thing they do is post a tweet for you: "I just got $3 VOD credit at Amazon, you should too." That's it.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']
Maybe I should just make a dummy fake account so Amazon can rape that one instead of my personal one...?[/QUOTE]

Seems like a good idea to me.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Thanks! Got it! =P I made a Twitter account just for these Amazon promos. This is like my 4th.[/QUOTE]

Not bad! Thanks.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']So for a whopping $3 I need to authorize Amazon to use my twitter account to:

...seems kind of weak. Amazon wants to read my tweets, see who I follow and make me follow whoever they want, update my profile (with what exactly?), and on top of that post tweets on my behalf. Wow, they dont want much do they. I might as well just give them my account and be done with it.

Maybe I should just make a dummy fake account so Amazon can rape that one instead of my personal one...?[/QUOTE]

I've got a dummy Twitter account I made a looooooooooooong time ago for these kinds of things. And a Facebook. Every CAG should have one!

Nice! I've been meaning to catch The Incredible Hulk before I see the Avengers, and I always prefer a free way to do so.

Cheers for sharing.

Awesome! All I wanted from the latest Humble Indie Bundle was to watch that odd little movie called Kooky. Amazon VoD has it as a 7-day rental for $2.99. This promo let me rent it for free.

bread's done
Back