ebay seller: Super Smash Bros Brawl $40 shipped (more than 10 available)

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This isn't my auction, but I came across it and thought I'd pass it a long. Super Smash Bros Brawl is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games of all time. It's undeniably one of the most popular and fun fighting games ever, and has a decent platformer/beat em up on the disc as well.

This game came out in 2008 and has yet to see a price drop, so $10 off is a pretty nice find for anyone looking to grab a copy. It's actually cheaper than GS's used price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Smash...478?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bb6f8856

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Amazing how this has kept it's value through all these years. same with Mario Kart. They make great games.[/QUOTE]

I know, and it's insane when you think about it. Aside from niche Japanese RPGs, I think first-party Nintendo games are the only games that rarely ever see any price drops (aside from seldom crap like Wii Music... eugh).

[quote name='Firecrest']I know, and it's insane when you think about it. Aside from niche Japanese RPGs, I think first-party Nintendo games are the only games that rarely ever see any price drops (aside from seldom crap like Wii Music... eugh).[/QUOTE]

The thing is, even when Nintendo does drop their first party titles (players choice, wii select, etc), they for some reason seem hell-bent on keeping Smash games at full price. They actually made Melee players choice...then un made it players choice and raised the price back up.

It's a great game, no doubt, but I don't think it should be anywhere near the conversation of the greatest games of all time, and it's far from being one of the most popular fighters either.

[quote name='spmahn']It's a great game, no doubt, but I don't think it should be anywhere near the conversation of the greatest games of all time, and it's far from being one of the most popular fighters either.[/QUOTE]

Greatest of all time is subjective. In my opinion, this one is up there. As for being one of the most popular fighting series ever? It really is. Super Smash Bros was the 5th best selling game for the N64. Super Smash Bros Melee was the #1 best selling game on the Game Cube. Super Smash Bros Brawl is currently the 9th best selling game on the Wii. And on all three consoles, it's the number 1 best selling fighting game.

That's pretty telling about how popular the series is.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Greatest of all time is subjective. In my opinion, this one is up there. As for being one of the most popular fighting series ever? It really is. Super Smash Bros was the 5th best selling game for the N64. Super Smash Bros Melee was the #1 best selling game on the Game Cube. Super Smash Bros Brawl is currently the 9th best selling game on the Wii. And on all three consoles, it's the number 1 best selling fighting game.

That's pretty telling about how popular the series is.[/QUOTE]

I agree that SSB is a great fighter series in terms of popularity and sales. However, I don't think that necessarily means that it has a same standing as other fighters (in fact, the stats you listed for the series are isolated only for Nintendo, and we know that their consoles aren't known for hosting 3rd party fighters - can't compare when there's no competition). Most tournaments like EVO emphasize mainly traditional styled fighters (i.e. SF, SC, DOA, Tekken, etc.), and I would argue that for tourneys, SSB is slightly unbalanced.

Since SSB is a hybrid fighter (or maybe it redefines fighting games, who knows?), it's hard to compare it with traditional fighters. Although, when it all comes down to it, personal preference is what matters (in which case, my vote goes to 2D sprite games like BB, KOF, and Melty Blood).

Last edited by a moderator:
Gylde 30 shipped still too much, this is the worst of the series completely bastardized. I don't care what anyone says this most definately not a deal. Stop posting this crap as a deal.

I had more fun playing melee than brawl. I'm not sure why, maybe it was because I only played it with a wiimote.

Sidenote: My local Sears has brawl for $34.97+tax, not sure about other Sears.

[quote name='tightclaws']Gylde 30 shipped still too much, this is the worst of the series completely bastardized. I don't care what anyone says this most definately not a deal. Stop posting this crap as a deal.[/QUOTE]

Do you go by Buzzkill McGee or Negative Nancy?

bread's done
Back