Photo
- - - - -

TRU - Buy 2 Games for $60 (Includes Gears 3 Epic Edition)

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

I know there is a TRU thread for this weeks deals but I wanted to point out before it goes out of stock (which I imagine will happen sooon) that Gears 3 Epic Ed. is part of the Buy 2 games for $60 deal.

There is no free shipping and you can only pick one copy of Gears 3 Epic Edition so I paired it with MW3.

Total for me was $73.xx after taxes and shipping

http://www.toysrus.c...hese-Xbox-360-P

Edited by shrike4242, 30 April 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#2 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

Werd got GOW 3 epic edition and AC R. We'll see what happens. Total was $79 for me.

#3 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

Huh. Great deal on the epic edition. I wonder if this would work in store... save on the shippin' costs and all.

#4 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

13 dollars to ship the damn thing

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

If store pickup was available, this would be a killer deal.

#6 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

13 dollars to ship the damn thing

Yep. Pretty much gotta assume that TRU is always going to rape you with the shipping costs.

Still at less then $80 for Gears 3 EE and a second game you're making off pretty well.

Edited by shrike4242, 30 April 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#7 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:02 AM

I kind of wish there wasn't a limit though cause I would rather get 2 of the gears of war.

They exclude video games for free shipping on $100 or more purchases. Awww....

#8 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

If only in store pickup was available...Oh well. This will sellout fast for those interested.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#9 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

I was just digging around their site to see if I could find some kind of glitch ala last week, and then I saw your post! Great find, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Those big ass CE boxes just take up so much space.

If I didn't have one already, I would certainly jump on this, but I can't justify it; I have a room fool of similar, giant-boxed CE's as is. Just leave 'em for people who actually want them, IMHO.

Now,if you could double up on the Epic Editions, it would indeed be epic, and I would most certainly be N41. ;)

#10 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

Wait, is this sale online only or could I walk in to Toys R Us and ring it up if I can find any in stock?
Cause shipping kills me...from paying for it and actually waiting for the shipment to come in.

#11 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

thanks op. got Gears and MW3

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#12 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

I was just digging around their site to see if I could find some kind of glitch ala last week, and then I saw your post! Great find, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Those big ass CE boxes just take up so much space.

If I didn't have one already, I would certainly jump on this, but I can't justify it; I have a room fool of similar, giant-boxed CE's as is. Just leave 'em for people who actually want them, IMHO.

Now,if you could double up on the Epic Editions, it would indeed be epic, and I would most certainly be N41. ;)

But I already have a Skyrim CE taking up space in a box. lol

#13 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Crazy shipping, but hell, just under $80 for the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition and Modern Warfare 3 isn't bad at all. Thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll finally be completing two trilogies.

#14 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:36 AM

Wait, is this sale online only or could I walk in to Toys R Us and ring it up if I can find any in stock?
Cause shipping kills me...from paying for it and actually waiting for the shipment to come in.

If you find the right manager, you could probably get them to do it. The price matching policy is generally just for prices not promotions as far as I know, but it doesn't say "online only" so it might work. Finding a copy of the game is probably harder than finding a manager to allow the deal, though. Our store still had the only Epic Edition we ever got until about 2 months ago. And then someone broke into the display case, took it out, stole the Cog tag, and left the rest.

#15 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

My TRU doesn't carry collectors editions anymore

#16 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Great Find OP! Got myself the epic edition and FFXIII-2, hope they dont ran out of stock like they did with the witcher dark edition, anyways thanks!

#17 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

I would get this but I already have $18 copy of Gears of War 3. I'm positive MW3 will be cheaper eventually. If not, I'll just borrow it from my friend once he gets sick of it.

YouTube

#18 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

Great Find OP! Got myself the epic edition and FFXIII-2, hope they dont ran out of stock like they did with the witcher dark edition, anyways thanks!

You know FFXIII-2 was $15 after coupon last month at BBY? That's when I picked up my copy.

YouTube

#19 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

You know FFXIII-2 was $15 after coupon last month at BBY? That's when I picked up my copy.

Oh, didnt know about that...sign, sucks when you dont have alot of free time anymore, oh well still think its a pretty good deal

#20 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

Got Gears of War 3 epic and Final Fantasy 13-2 for under $80. For my birthday.

Winning!

#21 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Oh, didnt know about that...sign, sucks when you dont have alot of free time anymore, oh well still think its a pretty good deal

Sorry to hear that man. I always check this site when I'm on my lunch break at work. You could always have the threads sent your email. Just a few options so you always know what deals are going on.

YouTube

#22 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

In for an Epic and BF3.

#23 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Own all the games except Battlefield and MW3 which I font care for either. Would like the Epic edition of Gears but don't know what to pair it with. Is this sale all week? I'm sure those Epic Editions will sell quick though. Gah.....

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#24 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Bought the Epic edition and AC:R. Had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet so hopefully it won't have to go back in there. Not going to get my hopes up though, wished ShopRunner would work with games.. i don't see why they don't allow it with games, at least it's good to know shoprunner subscription won't be useful to me.
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#25 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

When I first got my shoprunner account video games at TRU were eligible. Shortly thereafter TRU pulled video games as well as cut their ties with several cashback sites.

It's funny you mention dominos because I order from there 10x more now that I get free delivery!

Edited by shrike4242, 30 April 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#26 ice_man_fb

ice_man_fb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Thanks OP. i was just talking about buying the GOW:EE a few hrs ago at a good price and this is good enough.

Received my email confirmation at 7:47am :-D

Edited by ice_man_fb, 29 April 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#27 shiftymcneely

shiftymcneely

I love my Lions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

Cool. I've actually been looking for it as well. Not sure if I will keep it long though since I don't have a lot of room, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Rating scale ( :cold: :drool: :cry: :applause: :hot:)

:xb1:  Forza 5 :applause:

:ps4: Diablo 3 :hot: Madden 25 :hot: Destiny :cry:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:

#28 infamy

infamy

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

amazing deal

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#29 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I am in gratitude OP.

#30 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

this sale is great if you like fps games but rpg fans get the shaft
currently playing witcher 2(360),dmc hd collection(ps3),persona 4(ps2)