TRU - Buy 2 Games for $60 (Includes Gears 3 Epic Edition)

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
I know there is a TRU thread for this weeks deals but I wanted to point out before it goes out of stock (which I imagine will happen sooon) that Gears 3 Epic Ed. is part of the Buy 2 games for $60 deal.

There is no free shipping and you can only pick one copy of Gears 3 Epic Edition so I paired it with MW3.

Total for me was $73.xx after taxes and shipping

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...HP:HotDeals:3:042912:2-for-60these-Xbox-360-P

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']13 dollars to ship the damn thing[/QUOTE]

Yep. Pretty much gotta assume that TRU is always going to rape you with the shipping costs.

Still at less then $80 for Gears 3 EE and a second game you're making off pretty well.

I kind of wish there wasn't a limit though cause I would rather get 2 of the gears of war.

They exclude video games for free shipping on $100 or more purchases. Awww....

I was just digging around their site to see if I could find some kind of glitch ala last week, and then I saw your post! Great find, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Those big ass CE boxes just take up so much space.

If I didn't have one already, I would certainly jump on this, but I can't justify it; I have a room fool of similar, giant-boxed CE's as is. Just leave 'em for people who actually want them, IMHO.

Now,if you could double up on the Epic Editions, it would indeed be epic, and I would most certainly be N41. ;)

Wait, is this sale online only or could I walk in to Toys R Us and ring it up if I can find any in stock?
Cause shipping kills me...from paying for it and actually waiting for the shipment to come in.

[quote name='sgaldis']I was just digging around their site to see if I could find some kind of glitch ala last week, and then I saw your post! Great find, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Those big ass CE boxes just take up so much space.

If I didn't have one already, I would certainly jump on this, but I can't justify it; I have a room fool of similar, giant-boxed CE's as is. Just leave 'em for people who actually want them, IMHO.

Now,if you could double up on the Epic Editions, it would indeed be epic, and I would most certainly be N41. ;)[/QUOTE]

But I already have a Skyrim CE taking up space in a box. lol

Crazy shipping, but hell, just under $80 for the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition and Modern Warfare 3 isn't bad at all. Thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll finally be completing two trilogies.

[quote name='iduncurr']Wait, is this sale online only or could I walk in to Toys R Us and ring it up if I can find any in stock?
Cause shipping kills me...from paying for it and actually waiting for the shipment to come in.[/QUOTE]
If you find the right manager, you could probably get them to do it. The price matching policy is generally just for prices not promotions as far as I know, but it doesn't say "online only" so it might work. Finding a copy of the game is probably harder than finding a manager to allow the deal, though. Our store still had the only Epic Edition we ever got until about 2 months ago. And then someone broke into the display case, took it out, stole the Cog tag, and left the rest.

Great Find OP! Got myself the epic edition and FFXIII-2, hope they dont ran out of stock like they did with the witcher dark edition, anyways thanks!

I would get this but I already have $18 copy of Gears of War 3. I'm positive MW3 will be cheaper eventually. If not, I'll just borrow it from my friend once he gets sick of it.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Great Find OP! Got myself the epic edition and FFXIII-2, hope they dont ran out of stock like they did with the witcher dark edition, anyways thanks![/QUOTE]

You know FFXIII-2 was $15 after coupon last month at BBY? That's when I picked up my copy.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You know FFXIII-2 was $15 after coupon last month at BBY? That's when I picked up my copy.[/QUOTE]
Oh, didnt know about that...sign, sucks when you dont have alot of free time anymore, oh well still think its a pretty good deal

[quote name='LD_Helix']Oh, didnt know about that...sign, sucks when you dont have alot of free time anymore, oh well still think its a pretty good deal[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that man. I always check this site when I'm on my lunch break at work. You could always have the threads sent your email. Just a few options so you always know what deals are going on.

Own all the games except Battlefield and MW3 which I font care for either. Would like the Epic edition of Gears but don't know what to pair it with. Is this sale all week? I'm sure those Epic Editions will sell quick though. Gah.....

Bought the Epic edition and AC:R. Had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet so hopefully it won't have to go back in there. Not going to get my hopes up though, wished ShopRunner would work with games.. i don't see why they don't allow it with games, at least it's good to know shoprunner subscription won't be useful to me.

EPIC!!! Grabbed MW3 and GOW:EE. I'll sell everything except the extra things from Gears. I REALLY wanted the statue, but didn't want to pay exhorbitant prices for it. Sucks that Shoprunner doesn't work. I had a free year from a fatwallet thread. Works for Dominos and AE, so free was worth it, but TRU still sucks for not using it fully.

When I first got my shoprunner account video games at TRU were eligible. Shortly thereafter TRU pulled video games as well as cut their ties with several cashback sites.

It's funny you mention dominos because I order from there 10x more now that I get free delivery!

Thanks OP. i was just talking about buying the GOW:EE a few hrs ago at a good price and this is good enough.

Received my email confirmation at 7:47am :whistle2:D

[quote name='ice_man_fb']Thanks OP. i was just talking about buying the GOW:EE a few hrs ago at a good price and this is good enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I had decided if I ever saw it for $60, I'd bite to get the statue... So I figure I only paid $13 for MW3. I'll just sell MW3 new and my used GoW3, since I think this one comes with the limited edition case and it won't be in a regular game case (or shrink wrapped)...

Cool. I've actually been looking for it as well. Not sure if I will keep it long though since I don't have a lot of room, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Had wanted the middle edition of Gears, since I didn't want to pay for the Epic edition. But to get it for $30, wow. Had been waiting on Battlefield since I'd heard bad things, but I'll play the single player and enjoy it. Thanks OP for the awesome deal!!!

[quote name='nas6034']dead for GOW:EE.[/QUOTE]

Works fine still. Have GOW:EE and MW3 in my cart. Total is $73.xx without tax yet. think I'll pass b/c I already have a marcus fenix statue but great deal for those interested.

Been looking to get the epic gears for cheap price for a while. I just hope that they don't clearance this thing for $10 later. :whistle2:k

Edit: anyone tried to match at a store yet?

[quote name='GBAstar']When I first got my shoprunner account...

It's funny you mention dominos because I order from there 10x more now that I get free delivery![/QUOTE]

OT, I know, but I've got to ask... how much is Domino's charging you for delivery??! Ours charges us only $2 extra for delivery. Or is it just a case that you are truly that cheap?

[quote name='Sanges99']OT, I know, but I've got to ask... how much is Domino's charging you for delivery??! Ours charges us only $2 extra for delivery. Or is it just a case that you are truly that cheap?[/QUOTE]

Well if you order only $9.99 worth of stuff (I typically just buy a pizza at a time) you're paying 20% just for them to deliver the item. And I think the delivery fee is $2.50 here.

bread's done
Back