Best Buy - Duke Nukem Forever $4.99 PS3 Store Pickup

This should be $4.99 in stores then correct? The only time that I don't think online matches instore is for outlet items and the PS3 version doesn't appear to be an outlet item like the 360 version.

Bought it at $30, never regretted it for a second. I will probably play through it a second time before I play through half the games in my backlog. (50+)

Note however that I was someone that actually played Duke Nukem 3D back in '96, so maybe I'm biased.

[quote name='don_juan_darko']Bought it at $30, never regretted it for a second. I will probably play through it a second time before I play through half the games in my backlog. (50+)

Note however that I was someone that actually played Duke Nukem 3D back in '96, so maybe I'm biased.[/QUOTE]

same. my childhood was blessed with profanity/nudity via duke nukem, so i embraced the new game with open arms. the ce guide was 6 bucks on amazon last week too.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Was this game really that bad? Never played a demo or even seen gameplay[/QUOTE]

I actually found this game to be really fun and entertaining.People just hate it because they either had way too much expectations for the game or they have never played Duke Nukem and know about its humor.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Bought this when it was $5 the last time. the game is fine, can't believe what you hear from know-nothing game journalists. also an easy platinum trophy.

And don't forget to check amazon for the Hardcover Game Guide: http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Limited-Edition/dp/0744013097/
It makes a nice set and the Hardcover drops to $6-$7 at Amazon from time to time, the price I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

If you luck out, the hard(and soft) cover guides for DNF are also $.01 at BB if you find one.

I grew up playing Doom, Duke Nukem 3D & Heretic. I just think I expected way too much from this game and when I first played it I felt I was playing some really cheap UT mod or something.

The humor is alright for a Duke Nukem game, but the gameplay was atrocious IMO, I would have to agree with Strider when he says that the physics are utter shit. This piece of garbage doesn't do justice to DN3D, and honestly proves that nostalgia can kick you in the nuts. Those are $4.99 I'd rather keep in my wallet.

I tried to give it a fair shake (I actually just started playing it a few days ago), but the game is pretty bad. And Duke 3d was one of the only games I would play back in Jr High school.

The load times are terrible - die and face a 30-40 second load screen - die again and its 30-40 seconds again. That alone was driving me crazy.

Then there are the puzzles that are very forced - they aren't really good puzzles and they just don't fit in.

I'll try and finish it at some point in time, but with a lot of good games in the backlog, I just can't spend any more of my limited time (waiting on loading screens) with this game.

But for $5 it's not a bad deal at all - hey I paid double that 6 months ago.

It's worth $5. I played through the whole thing earlier this year.

Be warned though...this game has difficulty spikes that will bring tears to the eyes of lesser gamers. DNF is definitely "old-school" in it's ability to enrage you at times.

Had "bought" this for onlive a while back. Beat it and enjoyed it, but like others I spent my youth repeating the phrase "shake it baby" at incredibly long nippled strippers while shoving dollars in their faces all while thinking it was the coolest thing ever in a video game

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Had "bought" this for onlive a while back. Beat it and enjoyed it, but like others I spent my youth repeating the phrase "shake it baby" at incredibly long nippled strippers while shoving dollars in their faces all while thinking it was the coolest thing ever in a video game[/QUOTE]

I hope you now realize those weren't "long nipples" and were actually boobie tassels.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this game if you have the least bit sense of self-respect. Picked this game up for $5 last year from BB, played it, finished it, and flipped it over to Amazon for $4.50 credit.

[quote name='waldo21212']I hope you now realize those weren't "long nipples" and were actually boobie tassels.[/QUOTE]

While I know that now as an adult, as an 11 year old I was both terrified and intrigued by these women running around with 4 inch long nipples who would gladly show u them for a dollar

[quote name='MrshllJcb']While I know that now as an adult, as an 11 year old I was both terrified and intrigued by these women running around with 4 inch long nipples who would gladly show u them for a dollar[/QUOTE]

I'd pay at least $20 to see 4 inch long nipples.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It's ok.

The physics are shit though. Good luck playing pool.[/QUOTE]

For $5, that OK.

The Air hockey trophy had me :censored: at my TV for 2 hours. For the pinball game.........

Good Luck on reaching 1 million.

[quote name='megma42']360 version is $5 too if they have them in store.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah just picked up a 360 copy in store.

Ordered one. Can't go wrong for 5 bucks :) don't really have big expectations for it coming from Duke Nukem 3D, but either way probably will enjoy it ^^ thanks :D

Ordered at Store pickup over 3 hours ago.

Still haven't gotten the 2nd e-mail to pick it up. Its says it usually takes 45 minutes for it to be ready.

Ordered online and picked up a PS3 copy at a local BB, thanks OP! I played the original DN games and had a lot of fun with them, nice to have this on PS3 too. Picked up the XBox 360 version a while ago cheap, both are in the backlog along with many others.

[quote name='dinovelvet']In before the "still $4.99 too much"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='retrad']Still 4.98 too much Imo. I'm not sure id even play it for a penny.[/QUOTE]

Close enough.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']For $5, that OK.

The Air hockey trophy had me :censored: at my TV for 2 hours. For the pinball game.........

Good Luck on reaching 1 million.[/QUOTE]

The pinball game just takes some abusing the system and getting it to "'catch'' in the right spot.

The air hockey game though? Holy crap. Yeah it was pretty damn terrible.

The game is OK. Outside of the ugly graphics the worst offender has to be the load times. Even installed to my 360 it takes a good 40 seconds to load after you die - which is really frustrating on the harder difficulties.

Now if only they would lower the DLC to $2.

bread's done
Back