Photo
- - - - -

Disney Universe (XB360/PS3/Wii) $7.99 NEW at BestBuy.com (Free Shipping)

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#151 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Dunno if it's been mentioned by anyone else in this thread, but bb.com said the game was only available for PS3 at my local best buy, so I did an in-store pick-up purchase. I then got a cancellation email saying they couldn't find it in store. I went to the store anyway, just on a chance, and they ended up having one copy left of the 360 version, which is the one I wanted anyway. My 3 year old was psyched!

haha thats crazy the same thing happened to me.

#152 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Its crazy to me that three year olds are able to play this. I havent played it at all, but I would think even getting their hands around the controller would be difficult, nevermind being that coordinated to play successfully

#153 coldgears

coldgears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Anyone actually have the game in stock when they did In-Store Pick-Up? There's only two stores within 50 miles that have it in stock, I picked the one that has it in stock at only 27 miles from my house.

It closed an hour ago, and I am extremely worried they might not have it...

If I order another at the other store 43 miles away, and the one at 27 miles has it, can I cancel the order and have the money put back on my gift card?

#154 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Actually, it's more like my 3 year old watches while I play controller style games. He does participate in kinect games though

#155 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Anyone actually have the game in stock when they did In-Store Pick-Up? There's only two stores within 50 miles that have it in stock, I picked the one that has it in stock at only 27 miles from my house.

If I order another at the other store 43 miles away, and the one at 27 miles has it, can I cancel the order and have the money put back on my gift card?

I'd personally rather buy this on Amazon instead of driving 86 miles round trip.

Open spoiler at your own risk.

You have been Warned!

Spoiler

#156 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

I ordered really early today (like 9am eastern time) but I was successful with in store pick up (and they had like 10 copies for ps3 and 10 for 360 on the shelf).

Are you really going to drive 43 or even 27 miles to get this? I would think with the gas you would use and the time spent you'd be better off just grabbing it elsewhere

#157 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Well, my weekend is ending on a pretty good note. After getting free buffet for my family at John's Incredible Pizza, we went over to Best Buy and bought the only copy of Disney Universe along with a copy of Duke Nukem Forever. Not a bad weekend overall...between this stuff and taking my family out to dinner last night and getting my son his first potty chair and a bubble gun, I managed to spend less than $10 out of pocket. And with any luck, I may have knocked up my wife...but we'll have to wait and see.

Its crazy to me that three year olds are able to play this. I havent played it at all, but I would think even getting their hands around the controller would be difficult, nevermind being that coordinated to play successfully

Really? I've been playing games since I was 4. Controllers were a lot smaller back then, but current ones are still easy enough for most kids to handle. My son isn't even 2 yet and he already has his own Wii and Xbox games. Granted, they are very simple games, but he has to start somewhere.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they charge you until you actually pick up the game. That's how most other stores do it anyway.

Edited by shrike4242, 30 April 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#158 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

you have to complete payment online in order to pick up the item.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they charge you until you actually pick up the game. That's how most other stores do it anyway.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#159 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

from bb site
Your order will be held at the pickup store for 8 days. To ensure your security, if you do not pick up your order within this timeframe, we'll cancel the order and issue a refund to your original form of payment.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Fibbage  $0.58 (PS3)

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#160 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Must be a bunch of cags in my city. Went to go pick up my Forgetting Sarah Marshall Blu-ray and there was a row full of copies for this game waiting to be picked up.

#161 Violator

Violator

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

he's really into Peter pan right now.

Uh oh.. next he will start to fancy broadway show tunes

#162 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:51 AM

does anyone know if this a one day sale. Planning on going tommorrow if possible to get one for my nephew for his bday
Posted Image

#163 Apostle22

Apostle22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

Bought it this morning and just finished the first level with my four year old daughter.....she loved it and was laughing so hard. She had more fun killing me than she did the enemies.....

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#164 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

I let my 2 year old son play a match of Super Street Fighter 2 on xbox and as Zangief he performed a 360 pile driver.... 8-) I started to cry.

(Now as a 3 year old) He plays Rayman Origins with me, of course he dies alot but he can play it. They can do it.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#165 CTK

CTK

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Got the last copy of the 360 version they had. I'm enjoying the idea of playing the different costumes, seems like Little Big Planet.

#166 rwflores

rwflores

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Thanks OP!!! I bought this on sale last week for $20. I was really on the fence about it because I normally don't pay that much for games, but my wife loves Disney and it's good for my marriage to find games she can play with me.

As soon as I saw this post I called BB to adjust the price on my online order. That's $12.84 back in my pocket and makes me feel a lot better about the purchase. $7.99 is much more fitting for a CAG!!!

And thank you rpg for the clip.

#167 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Really glad I didn't decide to do the Target trade in last week toward this. Ended up being $8.61 rather than $10+ at Target (plus having to buy clearance games at GameStop to trade in). I borrowed this game from my nephew and played a few levels. If you like Disney, it's a lot of fun and easy AP's. Now he can have his copy back. :)

#168 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Damn. Wanted to buy one for my collection, but all gone damn it.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#169 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hmm, it's only available for In store pickup now.

Can't pick it up at my local store either, guess I'll be passing.

From the demo I played, it felt a lot like the LEGO games, seemed decent enough.

#170 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

Huh, so Target has the bonus Cinderella Costume and BB has the Peter Pan Costume.
It's a cute game and I think my niece might be old enough to play it if she's interested in video games.

#171 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

At one point BB had a Jack Skellington costume too!

#172 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

I don't know how I missed this yesterday... Thankfully I was able to use store pickup. Thanks OP!

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#173 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

Price back up to 29.99. Sucks I missed the deal

#174 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

Good. Mark it as dead and send it graveyard. Tired of the bitching.

#175 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

That sucks. I hate it when they don't advertise the length of a deal

#176 SRG

SRG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Yup I was lazy and didn't leave the house figured I'd grab it tomorrow... Guess not

#177 SliqBakk

SliqBakk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

*sigh* i refuse to pay $30 for this game, but $8 would've been a bargain. maybe next time

#178 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Wow! Back to 29.99? Glad I went back this afternoon to get price adjustment. Got my $12+ back!

#179 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

I was all set to order the 360 version for in-store pick up but had problems with my debit card (exp. date). By the time I found a solution, it was out of stock and removed from my cart. I went to a store and was happy to find a copy for the Wii. As soon as I got the game, an employee came by and got the last one to fulfill an order.

I still plan on picking up a copy for the 360 but I will now obsess over not paying more than $8 for it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#180 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

I was all set to order the 360 version for in-store pick up but had problems with my debit card (exp. date). By the time I found a solution, it was out of stock and removed from my cart. I went to a store and was happy to find a copy for the Wii. As soon as I got the game, an employee came by and got the last one to fulfill an order.

I still plan on picking up a copy for the 360 but I will now obsess over not paying more than $8 for it.

Don't open it. Maybe you'll find another nearby store with stock or the store you bought it from may restock...then you can see about trading it.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png