Photo
- - - - -

[Dead] Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $19.99 + Free Store Pick Up/ Free Shipping at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#91 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

thanks for the heads up OP, in for one :)

I'll pick it up on the way to work and then stare at it all day, waiting until I can get back home to play it....

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#92 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

-submits to peer pressure-
#-o

Honestly, who's played it and what is their thought on it?

Best competitive shooter MP on console currently. Large maps even with the teams capped at 12 v 12.

Single player and co-op are varying degress of mediocre (co-op) and pretty crappy (single-player.) DO NOT BUY IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO PLAY MP. If you don't have online, rent it b/c the SP is about 4-5 hours to slog through.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#93 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Maybe a Black ops complete edition is coming soon...

None of the CoD since 4 have had any type of complete edition, and that CoD 4 GotY edition only had the map pack included for the first print run (which lasted a month or two.) No complete edition for WatW, MW 2, or BLOPS means Activision just doesn't do that.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#94 DtotheP

DtotheP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

this was extra nice with the random $10 credit email they sent me due to a local bb closure. bf3 for $11 and change is definitely my tipping point. thanks for sharing, op

#95 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Tempted but I couldnt get into the beta and dont see myself caring much for the MP. Is the SP any good at all. Good for trophies?
Posted Image

#96 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Tempted but I couldnt get into the beta and dont see myself caring much for the MP. Is the SP any good at all. Good for trophies?

The single player trophies were pretty easy. I bought this game on launch when amazon gave a $20 credit with it among all of the hype. The single player was pretty boring though, it basically copied COD's single player but worse. I just traded the game in last month, after I got tired of the pop-in texture and the graphics are actually a downgrade compared to bad company 2(on consoles). I would not recommend paying $20 for the single player, multiplayer sure.

#97 greyzieoriental

greyzieoriental

is your Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

This is better than MW3, MP is still going on, on the 360. I played both games and am a fan boy of neither, I owned MW3 first. But overall I think BF3 is a much better game. More team oriented and it takes a little more skill to kill someone than in MW3. Buy it, you won't regret it.

#98 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Rebought

But for 360 this time

#99 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

This is better than MW3, MP is still going on, on the 360. I played both games and am a fan boy of neither, I owned MW3 first. But overall I think BF3 is a much better game. More team oriented and it takes a little more skill to kill someone than in MW3. Buy it, you won't regret it.

There's actually more players on the PS3 ver, at least when the game came out, looks like it still remains that way check out the stats

http://bf3stats.com/

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#100 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

I also forgot to mention the PS3 version comes with BF1943 for free, plus 1 week early DLC release. :D
https://1943redempti...d.com/index.php

#101 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Anyone know why Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition is still $39.99?
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#102 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Anyone know why Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition is still $39.99?

I think it has to do with the greatest hits edition being sold for $20 not being a full game. Even if you buy it new, it does not contain a VIP Pass which unlocks 4 new maps, a few new game modes, and some game modes on certain maps which cost another $9.99. So I guess with a $10 difference for the ultimate hits edition you get the onslaught DLC and BF1943.

#103 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

If this game is only worth playing for Multiplayer, i think i will pass. I would bite if the deal were for the Limited Edition. Although you could probably go instore to some random cashier and talk your way into a pricematch, dont feel like the headache lol

#104 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

If this game is only worth playing for Multiplayer, i think i will pass. I would bite if the deal were for the Limited Edition. Although you could probably go instore to some random cashier and talk your way into a pricematch, dont feel like the headache lol

If you can even find a limited edition.

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#105 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

the limited edition is basically the first print version, if you can find it at bestbuy it's likely going to be $19.99

#106 timmywanabreak

timmywanabreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

will wait for used price to go down to 19.99 to use the $15 off from @gamer (wishful thinking lol)

#107 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

In for one on 360. Thanks op! If you guys want to play, add me on live. My gamertag is KtMack23

#108 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

will wait for used price to go down to 19.99 to use the $15 off from @gamer (wishful thinking lol)

I wouldn't bet on it.

#109 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Well, I bought the Limited Edition for PS3 on release but I grabbed a 360 copy for shits and giggles.

#110 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

gonna go to the store to grab this so I can get the LE if its still on the shelf, rather than risk my luck with some clerk pulling randomly for in-store pickup
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#111 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

the limited edition is basically the first print version, if you can find it at bestbuy it's likely going to be $19.99

Limited Edition is an Outlet Item now priced at $24.99 worth the extra $5 if you can find it though.

#112 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Ya i know it is the first print version, however, bestbuy has the LE on its website for 59.99 still, so i assume they have a different SKU? PS3 Version.
I dunno, i might go by my store later to check, needed to go by there soon anyway.

#113 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Just rebought it, Used my $20 Mass Effect 3 credit. 1.19 Out the door

#114 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thanks OP. Grabbed one for 360. Never played a Battlefield game but have heard really good things. Have MW3 for my ps3 but got pretty bored of it.

Also didn't get to read all 6 pages cause I'm at work but The Darkness 2 used is $24.99 on Bestbuy.com. paired with the B2G1 you can.get a decent deal. Got D2, DR:OTR and the Sabateur for $41 after tax with ship to store.

#115 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

After playing the awful BF3 beta I promised myself I wouldn't pick up BF3 until it hit the $20 bargain bin... even though I wanted to buy it. Thanks OP!

#116 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Is there any way to switch your order to a different console or will I have to just buy a second copy and return the first?

#117 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

For those getting this game via this deal, don't forget that owners of BF3 get BF1943 FREE!

You have to go to THIS site and register for a DL code though. All you really need is an EA account as far as I know.

https://1943redempti....com/index.php#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#118 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I also forgot to mention the PS3 version comes with BF1943 for free, plus 1 week early DLC release. :D
https://1943redempti...d.com/index.php

That pushed me over the line thanks

I don't know how much I liked it last time, but for 20 bucks with BF 1943 then I can deal with it.

For those getting this game via this deal, don't forget that owners of BF3 get BF1943 FREE!

You have to go to THIS site and register for a DL code though. All you really need is an EA account as far as I know.

Don't forget to add that it's only for ps3

Apparently they were supposed to put it on the ps3 disc as a bonus but didn't so that is why they are giving it out free to ps3 owners only

#119 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

(for PS3 only)

That might be enough to push me over the edge. I have an in-store pick up to do today anyhow, I'll take a looksie.

#120 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Eh. It says Battlefield Voucher Redemption For the PS3 right at the top of the screen. So at most people waste 5 seconds going there to find out it's only the PS3 version that gets the game.:booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image