Photo
- - - - -

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Mega Pack $49.99 with Coupon PS3/Xbox/Wii in-store

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#61 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Think I might go ahead and pull the trigger on this for my 5 year old (soon to be 6) son. I have $20 in reward zone certs so it'll bring it down to $30. Not too shabby.

#62 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

If your store is nice you can get a free tshirt too!

#63 io

io

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

I already have it but I might want to get it for the 3 packs. I can't tell from the picture what 3 packs are in it.

also, is the starter pack sealed by itself for gifting/reselling purposes?

There were a few incorrect responses to you so I'll make it clear.

The Mega pack has a sealed Starter Pack (but it will not have the Volcanic Vault which at least when these first came out was common at Best Buy). It also has a sealed regular retail version of Pirate Seas and a sealed regular retail version of the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3-pack (not the Drobot one as someone said earlier).

So you are getting, theoretically, $110 worth of stuff ($70 starter pack, $20 for each pack), though of course you could get at least the starter kit for much cheaper (as little as $35 recently). But $50 for that pack is a great deal if you are just starting out and don't have any of those figures yet.

And yeah, PS3 portal is wireless and 360 portal is wired. The advantage of the 360 one is that you don't need batteries for it. That is actually a nice feature if you don't mind having to plug it into the USB port. It also works on the computer for the web-based game (I think they all do but the 360 one is nicer for that again because it doesn't need batteries).

#64 vcplant

vcplant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Wish it wasn't the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash set. The Legendary one that I just grabbed at Toys R Us has Chop Chop and Bash in it as well. Otherwise might be a cheap way to get three figures and Pirate Seas (which I need) and then flip the Starter Set.

#65 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

There were a few incorrect responses to you so I'll make it clear.

The Mega pack has a sealed Starter Pack (but it will not have the Volcanic Vault which at least when these first came out was common at Best Buy). It also has a sealed regular retail version of Pirate Seas and a sealed regular retail version of the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3-pack (not the Drobot one as someone said earlier).

So you are getting, theoretically, $110 worth of stuff ($70 starter pack, $20 for each pack), though of course you could get at least the starter kit for much cheaper (as little as $35 recently). But $50 for that pack is a great deal if you are just starting out and don't have any of those figures yet.

And yeah, PS3 portal is wireless and 360 portal is wired. The advantage of the 360 one is that you don't need batteries for it. That is actually a nice feature if you don't mind having to plug it into the USB port. It also works on the computer for the web-based game (I think they all do but the 360 one is nicer for that again because it doesn't need batteries).

Thanks. It's all in retail packaging so it's a great way to get some figures cheap. I'm either gonna sell my starter kit or gift it and basically get two packs for pretty cheap.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#66 io

io

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Thanks. It's all in retail packaging so it's a great way to get some figures cheap. I'm either gonna sell my starter kit or gift it and basically get two packs for pretty cheap.

Yeah, they essentially just toss the 3 retail pieces into a big box and call it "Mega" ;).

#67 aspen1284

aspen1284

You're all right in my book

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Went ahead and got the ps3 version at my store...anyone know if I can exchange for a 360 version at another BB with reciept?

#68 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

Went to a BB in Round Rock and got the Xbox version. They had one more left and also a copy for the Wii. The rep also hooked my daughter up with a shirt that was about as big as she was but I thought it was cool that he gave it to her. Going to gift the starter pack to a friend with kids around my daughter's age. Nice find op.

#69 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

Sweet deal! I was saving up gift cards and RZ points to get this but I was able to pull the trigger now with the coupon. I wish they made a Mega pack for the PC though. Had to drive a little further out to Arlington for the :360: version because it was the only store in the metroplex that had any. Apparently the :360: isn't as common as the :wii: or :ps3: versions. I'll keep the character packs and see if I can't swap out the Starter Pack for a PC version. Also picked up Duke Nukem Forever :360: for $2.99. As silly as the game may be couldn't pass it up for only $2.99.

#70 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

Those shirts said $49.99 at my store yesterday. It was probably a mistake, but i thought it was funny that somone put it on the shelf anyway.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#71 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

How do you get it? Was it an earlier promo or something?

#72 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

they just have a box of tshirts that say "free with start pack."

because of the coupon, it rang up 49.99 for the shirt but the manager just overrode it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#73 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

Really hoped this worked online, no way I can make it to bestbuy now in L.A. traffic.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#74 Pescado Plus

Pescado Plus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

My kid has been asking about this game. We'll see how his grades are... Coupon is printed up. Thanks, OP!
Posted Image

#75 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

I may have to take my receipt back tomorrow and see if I can't score a T-Shirt and a Volcanic Vault if there are any left. The last couple of times I bought Skylanders I kept forgetting to get it.

#76 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

Ended up getting a 360 Mega pack. Was hoping that get that volcanic vault thingy for free with it, but it turns out they don't let you use the $50 off coupon and get that thing for free with it. It's either/or. May go back and blow $25 on figures just to get it..... Best Buy has disappointed me for the first time in a long time....

#77 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

Ended up getting a 360 Mega pack. Was hoping that get that volcanic vault thingy for free with it, but it turns out they don't let you use the $50 off coupon and get that thing for free with it. It's either/or. May go back and blow $25 on figures just to get it..... Best Buy has disappointed me for the first time in a long time....

Why? There is no sku on the volcanic vault. They don't even have to ring it up. They should be thankful you're taking left over stock. There's a reason they still have them.

#78 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

You're spending twice the acceptable limit to receive the Vault, for every awesome deal best buy puts out its followed by some bonehead rule. :-?

#79 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

Why? There is no sku on the volcanic vault. They don't even have to ring it up. They should be thankful you're taking left over stock. There's a reason they still have them.

I had to go to a different store than my usual one to get the pack. My local was sold out. The one I went to is full of incompetent morons and I really like to avoid the location, yet they are the only ones that ever have these deals in stock.

I may try going to my local Best Buy (Independence, MO) because the employees there are fairly top notch compared to the other (Liberty, MO) and try to see if they will give me the deal on a re-ring of the receipt. The gaming rep there is fairly cool.

I will note that the Liberty location had 10+ Wii packs, 4+ PS3 packs, and about 3 360 packs if anyone is interested. However you have to deal with the village idiots that work there.

#80 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Before I picked up a 360 pack, I asked a guy in the game section if there were any tshirts left. He said they ran out. So while I was browsing around, he finds me and hands me a bag and tells me I could have it. It had a tshirt and what looks like a mini-portal about the size of a dollar coin (anyone know what this is?). The coupon was not needed for my transaction. When my RZ card was scanned, it automatically deducted $50. I had a RZ cert and GC to make the deal sweeter.

#81 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Heavily debating this. I have a few friends totally obsessed with this game, but I've been trying to avoid it.

#82 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Before I picked up a 360 pack, I asked a guy in the game section if there were any tshirts left. He said they ran out. So while I was browsing around, he finds me and hands me a bag and tells me I could have it. It had a tshirt and what looks like a mini-portal about the size of a dollar coin (anyone know what this is?). The coupon was not needed for my transaction. When my RZ card was scanned, it automatically deducted $50. I had a RZ cert and GC to make the deal sweeter.

You got the Volanic thing...Best Buy exclusive.

#83 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

Ok. Got it. Even better!

#84 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

For some reason the shirt cancels out the $49.99 coupon and vice versa. So I took the $50 discount obviously and eff the shirt.
:twisted: LAKERS for the WIN! :twisted:

#85 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

If anyone in the LA area is looking for the 360 version, Pacoima had about at least 20 around 5:30PM last night

#86 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

The "free" item they refused to give me. Such Fuck ing BS.

I'm really hoping my local store can hook me up if I take my receipt in. I'm all about getting the free swag.

#87 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

For some reason the shirt cancels out the $49.99 coupon and vice versa. So I took the $50 discount obviously and eff the shirt.

The rep just over-rode that and had a manager approve it. They agreed that this was basically the purchase of a starter pack and removed the $50 charger for the shirt and then the additional $50 for the coupon. Guess it's YMMV though

#88 superoreo

superoreo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

The rep just over-rode that and had a manager approve it. They agreed that this was basically the purchase of a starter pack and removed the $50 charger for the shirt and then the additional $50 for the coupon. Guess it's YMMV though

Yeah normally I would but a) the shirt is aiyt. b) the CSR was eyeballing my coupon like I made it up or something. I was like, what do you think it I faked it?

#89 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Yeah normally I would but a) the shirt is aiyt. b) the CSR was eyeballing my coupon like I made it up or something. I was like, what do you think it I faked it?

the deal is actually posted on their website and links directly off of your rewards zone page. let him eyeball it all he wants, it's a company deal that he has to honor. the shirt and volcanic vault is another issue. might try going back today and see if they have any spares of the volcanic vault.

#90 Arkham

Arkham

Cag Stand

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Got one for my son and daughter. thanks op